Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Battling A Cute Drama (593)

Random question - if the trainer girl in this episode only liked "cute" pokemon, then why did she own a Shellder, a pokemon that she thought (rightly so, I admit) was uncute?
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Jessie should have had a flashback to her Shellder in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Isis-sama View Post
    Random question - if the trainer girl in this episode only liked "cute" pokemon, then why did she own a Shellder, a pokemon that she thought (rightly so, I admit) was uncute?
    Apparently she thought it was ugly but Brock's Croagunk convinced her that Pokemon can be beautiful inside.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I like cute as much as the next guy, but this one was... nauseating...

I do like the whole cute but deadly/tough thing, but the way the COTD looked at the cuteness factor was... swallow.

Poor Buneary got pwned by a mutant cherry...

Still find it odd they picked a Pokemon like Shellder, whose cuteness can easily be debated, rather than a flat-out ugly dude.

This should have been Magmortar's big debut!

Sudowoodo was the best part of this episode.

Despite the title this really didn't focus on Cherubi.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Still find it odd they picked a Pokemon like Shellder, whose cuteness can easily be debated, rather than a flat-out ugly dude.

This should have been Magmortar's big debut!
    Paul will probably debut Magmortar.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Ok...so she thought Shellder was ugly. So why did she capture it in the first place?

and please...what did Jessie shout about Shellder?
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

I wonder if the reason Dawn's hat and hair clips haven't changed is so they can include them in Dawn's 5th generation guest appearence.

Meh, ok episode I guess. Seeing all of Brock's Pokemon appear AND battle was certainly a treat, considering how little screentime they get. Aside from that, and the amusing Shellder appearance, the episode was pretty boring. LOL at the insulted Piplup and Mime Jr. though. At least we have some action in store for the weeks ahead...
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-3681-3604. Add me if you'd like, and send me a PM if you'd like to battle or trade. : )

Friend Safari Type: Electric. Contains Electrode, Electabuzz, and Luxio.

Lol. You actually think they'd change her hair clips? The only reason they've got the jackets (and in Dawns case, scarf) is simply because its cold. Even they will be gone by the time they hit Mt.Coronet again.

I wonder if Ambipom is kept in the opening because it'll eventually meet up with Dawn again.

Perhaps it decides it doesn't like ping pong anymore and wants to return to Dawn's roster.

I wonder.

I only know two things: Ambipom needs to appear for the Grand Festival at the very least (who knows how long Ou and Ambipom will be in Kanto?), and if it does, it should have learned Fire Punch.

Anyway, this episode sounds kind of pointless. How many inner beauty episodes have we already had throughout the whole course of the anime?
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

I can't believe Buneary lost to a Cherubi....Ambipom may have had its fair share of losses, but if she doesn't come back for the Grand Festival, Dawn is screwed. I mean, no disrespect to Buneary, its my second favorite Pokemon of Dawn's (well I guess first now, since Ambipom's gone) but really...losing to a Cherubi....
    I'm back

I think they simply kept Ambipom in the opening because they're gonna change it soon. I can imagine once the Regigigas/Monferno stuff is through, they might redo the Opening. Or maybe a whole new opening entirely (since I figure Darkrai and Regigigas were in the opening to foreshadow their appearances, and it seems I was right).

This opening will have been around for almost 40-episodes, and irc the middle openings always seem to last the shortest. Like I recall Challenger only lasting from April to November, a mere 8 months.

Eh, we're kinda getting off topic so....

This episode was funny.^^ I lol'd at the part when Pochama was like "WTF?!" when Marylin (was that her name?) insulted Pochama for not being "cute" in her opinion. Also, yayz for new Platinum outfits!;D Dawn looks great. Hehe, Shellder....xD

Oh hey, the writers remembered that the area around Snowpoint is supposed to be, you know, cold. I guess they wouldn't want to tire themselves out too soon with making the ground and trees white instead of green/tan, now would they?

-An "AshNCo is walking in a mysterious tunnel" opening scene! The writers must have wanted to jazz things up a bit from the usual "AshNCo is walking on a forest path" opening scene.
    -A gust of wind reminds everyone that Snowpoint has magically contained all the snow in a set area past the tunnel.
    -Aw, the pathways are clear. I expected to see AshNCo crawling face-deep through snow drifts, just as every play of DPt has done. I DEMANDED it.
    -Still not used to Mukuhawk in the opening instead of Mukubird. Also, High Touch is still not getting old. They could probably use this as the OP for the rest of the series and I'd never complain.
    -Pokemon Center:Now with an outlet store that charges "convenience prices" for winter gear. (you know, didn't Ash and Brock used to have tacky pink jackets for situations like this? I wonder whatever happend to them)
    -Oh god. It is the personification of all KAWAII DESU NE ^_^. We are all doomed to watch the universe collapse into a singularity of KAWAII~.
    -Come to think of it, Buneary's still wearing that vest? It's sooooo tacky.
    -Oh god the giant kawaii eyes got even bigger and shinier. Critical *kawaii* is imminent.
    -The Kawaii Beast is sensible enough to reject Piplup.
    -Piplup is cast into thick-lined black and white style by the Malevolent Kawaii Force's words.
    -Dawn is ultra detemined to defeat the Kawaii Thing from the Dark Depths.
    -I'm amazed that The Kawaii Being isn't full-on sparkling yet.
    -My Dawn, what thin skin you have! (All the better to get worked into a firey rage with, ohohoho)
    -The Pokemon Center conveniently houses a place where Pokemon enter battle for the sole purpose of injuring each other.
    -Cherinbo. The Horrible Freak Pokemon. The twin head is actually used as nutrient storage that the bigger head ABSORBS WHOLE to evolve.
    -Fantasyvani's room is looking particularly polka dot today.
    -Meowth predicts that Gio will be one of the first to succumb to the Kawaii Madness now that the Kawaii Demon walks the earth.
    -The Outer Kawaii God is pleased by Buneary.
    -The Elder Kawaii cares not for Cherubi's suffering; it only desires adorable blood.
    -Brock rebels against Kawaiithulu, but without the Nekawiimecon he won't get far.
    -Yog-Kawaiithoth is already at the stage where it can twist the dimensions so that kawaii hearts float in the air. It must be stopped.
    -Brock seems ready for the daunting task ahead of him. After all, he has the perfect nullification of Kawaii Itself: Croagunk.
    -Oh christ, Jessie. Who dressed you this morning, a blind retarded cripple?
    -The Kawaii Iranoutofterriblethingstocompareitto is easily distracted by promises of cuteness, and is easily disappointed by many things that it does not consider cute.
    -Mime Jr has been sent into a deep dark funk by Kawaii Whachamacallit(doesn't that thing have another name? Maril-something?)
    -Brock slowly works towards the inevitable moral of not judging things by how cute they are, despite the fact that that lesson directly hurts the profits of thousands of companies including the ones involved with Pokemon. buy piplup merchandise and shaymin handbags
    -Hey, Brock's doing something! Quick, call the internet! They'll spread this news like wildfire!
    -Kawaii is impressed by Sudowoodo's drama act.
    -CROAGUNK. Episode redeemed.
    -Croagunk beating up a small "cute" bell thing. Past ten episodes redeemed.
    -Epic scene of Croagunk getting back up after Psychic. Entire region redeemed.
    -Lecture from Brock, presumably about how looks don't matter and it's what's inside that counts. Redemptions canceled out.
    -Kawaii has a surprise up her sleeve.
    -A LONE POKEBALL LEFT IN HER BAG. What could be within?
    -I think she internalized the lecture already, and she sends out...Shellder. Hey, remember that Pokemon? Yeah, neither do I.
    -Everyone is shocked. Despite Shellder being decently cute. Well okay!
    -Happiny! Remember that Pokemon?
    -And TR interrupts before Happiny can battle. It's never getting a battle, is it?
    -Funky new BG music. Or maybe old and I just forgot it.
    -And so, another filler ends with another COTD fixed from their terrible, terrible path of only liking cute Pokemon.
    -And Dawn's mom magically knew that they would be in that exact Pokecenter at that exact time, and knew Ash/Brock's measurements enough to make clothes for them. Oh, silly silly anime logic leaps. I bet at least 50 people will be straining their brains to find an explanation for those two leaps for the rest of the week.
    -Ash gets a Lucas jacket(unzipped, because Ash is too cool for school), Dawn gets an outfit reminding us all that Japanese women are too prideful to wear anything longer than a skirt, even in the winter, and Brock gets a Cyrusjacket in blue.
    -Oak's lecture is on...Xatu? What? OMG GSC remake hint guys!

I am going to stab anyone who says "kawaii" within the next month. This episode has seriously used up my "kawaii" tolerence for the next ten years.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Fanboi13 View Post
    I can't believe Buneary lost to a Cherubi....Ambipom may have had its fair share of losses, but if she doesn't come back for the Grand Festival, Dawn is screwed. I mean, no disrespect to Buneary, its my second favorite Pokemon of Dawn's (well I guess first now, since Ambipom's gone) but really...losing to a Cherubi....
    Well it would have been pitiful for Ambipom to lose to Cherubi based on the game stats but I don't really see why it's so terrible for Buneary to lose to one. If we're basing this on the games, which I assume we are since Cherubi has never been labled as pitifully weak in the anime, then it all works out fine since Buneary and Cherubi are equally weak in the game.

-Waits for someone to point out a slight difference in their stats-

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

It's out already? I'll need to see it on Youtube...

Anyway, hope it's good, last weeks episode was depressing. Spoilers please?

I'm get very ****** at all these fillerS1 At least johto had so little fillers!

I was kinda disappointed with Buneary losing to Cherubi. It really didn't help my view of Dawn and her team, especially after Ambipom left. Good episode, but it could have been better. 7/10 from me (7 because Buneary actually battled <3).

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I'm get very ****** at all these fillerS1 At least johto had so little fillers!
    ...can I buy some of whatever you're smoking in order to erase your memory of EVERYTHING in Johto? I thought the series was just one big filler.

Anyways...long story short, don't judge a book by its cover. /episode

I dislike that Ash and Brock have exactly the same jacket. Brocks looks just so stupid zipped up.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I dislike that Ash and Brock have exactly the same jacket. Brocks looks just so stupid zipped up.
    Well hmm do you want brock zipped up or wearing a blue jacket with an olive green t-shirt. Also Sinnoh so far while it has its fair share of fillers has fillers that also have tiny bits of importance. For instance a temp wardrobe change. And Johto was the most filler tastic region.
    BLAH

Pochama being destroyed by Marylin&#180;s opinion was the best scene in the episode to me. Damn, it should always look like this...freakin&#180; hilarious.

I guess I am one of the last people who don&#180;t dislike Takeshi despite his lack of use. It was nice to see him ( and his Pok&#233;mon!!! o.O the world is eeeending!) into the action after a while. The boxing ring scene was pure section lining ingenuity.

I was hoping for something more ugly than Shellder...I mean,..the thing is damn cute to begin with... Whiscash on the other hand.... *cough*
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast