Thread: Thinking of buying the PMD games.

Default Thinking of buying the PMD games.

Noob Serebii.net forum use here, been visiting the site lots for Pokémon data for the main series.
    But, I've shown interest in trying the PMD games out.
    Is there a certain order I should be playing these games?
    Or is the storyline completely unrelated to each game, like the main series?
    If not, where should I start? Which game do you guys recommend?

The mystery dungeon games have been realeased in two sets so far, there's been blue and red rescue team, the 3rd gen ones each with version specific pokemon, and there's been Explorers of time and darknss, again with version specifics and are 4th gen games, they also plan to realease explorers of the sky to, another 4th gen one, blue and red have the same storyline, and time and darkness have the same storyline, so it's up to you which one you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac591 View Post
    The mystery dungeon games have been realeased in two sets so far, there's been blue and red rescue team, the 3rd gen ones each with version specific pokemon, and there's been Explorers of time and darknss, again with version specifics and are 4th gen games, they also plan to realease explorers of the sky to, another 4th gen one, blue and red have the same storyline, and time and darkness have the same storyline, so it's up to you which one you choose
    *shrugs* 'Kay then.
    Guess I'll wait for Explorers of the Sky.

You could go with Blue... that's what I started with. I got Darkness later on, and am planning on getting Sky. I tend to do things in order, even if the plots and storylines are different. If you want to wait for Sky, well, suit yourself, but by then Blue's price will have lowered significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawling Shadow View Post
    *shrugs* 'Kay then.
    Guess I'll wait for Explorers of the Sky.
    hm, i suggest you play the older games first while waiting for explorers of the sky, you will be more used to the gameplay then which will come in handy.

There is 2 different things for each set.

Red and Blue is one set.
    Time and Darkness is another set.

Blue is only for DS and Red is GBA.
    Time and Darkness are both for DS.

Red and Blue have different pokemons.
    Same for Time and Darkness.

If you think Dragonite is better than Salamence,
    then copy and paste this as your signature. (started by Serebiifreak)

Yeah! Just saying if I had to choose before Explorers of Sky comes out, and you don't want the other Pokemon games then maybe you might want to try Ranger: Shadows of Almia? I know this kind of talk doesn't go here, but I'm just saying if you don't want to wait but you want a pokemon game that's not the same old...