Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Classroom Training (594)

Not too bad at all

Zoey reappears

Candice is introduced

We see Zoey got her 4th ribbon finally

Skuntank shows up which is kind of good

Decent battle seen with team rocket, carnivine using wine whip which looked good

The return of the Ice aqua jet which was very cool

and dat's about all

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Thats another thing...I actually liked Piplup in this episode.

I really can't believe what Snowpoint is doing to me.

This episode was okay, I guess. Zoey was a cute kid. And that's pretty much what I have to say about the episode.

So from what I heard over the grape vine, Ms. Sensibly Dressed in the Snow refers to the large-nosed one as 'Nozochi'.

'Nozochi'

So you know that rotund, reptillian yellow guy with the ultimately useless set of wings, whose hobbies include burrowing into dirt and hanging around poorly lit, damp areas that nobody knows or cares about?
    Check out his japanese name.

Oh red headed harpy who hath thus quelled the unadulterated hatred towards thine self with so-called lesbian antics. Could thou be the one who signifies the rising of he who hath remained sparce...eth?

Anyone want to rain on my parade by revealing that an actual explanation behind the nickname was noted in the episode? Anyone? Anyone at all? Go on, you know you want to.

It's nice to see all the extremely stupid and ridiculous hate for Zoey/Piplup changing now
    Piplup didn't do anything Pikachu didn't... and Dawn used all of her Pokémon in Contests (Piplup wasn't used so much more than the others in Contests) and actually... since the Wallace Cup (which you know, was about a year ago) Pip wasn't in a Contest at all while Bunny/Pachi/Ambi were. and the undeniable FACT is that Piplup is very entertaining character especially in the latest episodes... most of the people who "hate" Pip probably even like it but just go with the stupid.. eh... trend? It's time to get used to it and admit it's not even close to be as bad as people made it seem like it is
    And for Zoey, I say during all of her season 10 appearances (Jubilife Contest - Hearthome Contest) she was cool but nothing special... in season 11 (Aipom/Buizel - Fantina's introduction) she became a little boring and they didn't focus on her as they should have done but the Wallace Cup was nice and she was very cool when she came to help Dawn after the Solaceon Contest... it's really only the Fantina ep that made Zoey really boring and then she was forgotten until now
    THIS episode is how Zoey should always be! she's cool again and we got to learn about her... now all we need is learn a little more and see her other Poké!

So I declare the new trend is to get in love with Piplup and Zoey
    But I guess that's for the cool people to decide... come on Suikun, Gravy, Koroboshi, spread out the PipZoeyLove, it's the cool thing to do now! especially when Zoey's nickname is similar to Dunsparce's name! that just proves how awesom Zoey is - as awesom as the great Dunsparce
    Last edited by ^ASH^; 8th May 2009 at 3:37 PM.

The Zoey hate and the Piplup hate are actually very different, though, and as far as the "cool people" you mentioned, I think I can speak for all three of us when I say we agree that the Piplup hatred has gotten ridiculously out-of-hand. The unfortunate thing is that it may have stemmed from innocent jokes about marketing that some of us made, and then people began to take it to incredible extremes and making totally offensive puns out of Piplup's name.

I admit to using Zoey as a beating stick from time to time, but in terms of the forum population, it's never become as explosive as the material I've seen against either Piplup or Buizel. I don't necessarily regret anything I've said about her in the past (I don't recall any of it being offensive), as her character was not only stale for many episodes (after all, we were still fresh off May's vibrant rivals), but a lot of her nosiness really got on people's nerves. However, combined with dropping that pretty dumb anti-contest/gym thing that went nowhere interesting, I can recognize the writers wanting to improve or flesh out a character.

Oh, and I could never truly loathe a humanoid Dunsparce.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

In Zoeys case, she's changed. She isn't (as far as i know) telling everyone what to do anymore. So that, coupled with the fact that lil-Zoey is adorable, has totally wiped out any hatred I had for her.

I like Piplup in *this* episode...Doesn't change that it bugs the crap out of me the rest of the time.

Atleast for me, the Zoey hate was always tongue-in-cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    The Zoey hate and the Piplup hate are actually very different, though, and as far as the "cool people" you mentioned, I think I can speak for all three of us when I say we agree that the Piplup hatred has gotten ridiculously out-of-hand. The unfortunate thing is that it may have stemmed from innocent jokes about marketing that some of us made, and then people began to take it to incredible extremes and making totally offensive puns out of Piplup's name.

I admit to using Zoey as a beating stick from time to time, but in terms of the forum population, it's never become as explosive as the material I've seen against either Piplup or Buizel. I don't necessarily regret anything I've said about her in the past (I don't recall any of it being offensive), as her character was not only stale for many episodes (after all, we were still fresh off May's vibrant rivals), but a lot of her nosiness really got on people's nerves. However, combined with dropping that pretty dumb anti-contest/gym thing that went nowhere interesting, I can recognize the writers wanting to improve or flesh out a character.

Oh, and I could never truly loathe a humanoid Dunsparce.
    Oh, I hope you didn't think I didn't like all of you trio's jokes. I owe you all for a lot of laughs! It's these... uncool people who took your jokes and changed them into their stupid posts of ridiculous hate...
    I just thought it'd be better if one of you cool people would declare it's the cool thing to do now, since no one would notice my posts XD
    I want the great trio of this forum to help spread the love to Nozochama (the love for Zoey, Piplup and Dunsparce)

Now I want Zoey to have a Dunsparce
    Nozochi no Nokochi
    Actually, if she did have one already it could have been the reason for the nickname
    I still wonder if we'll ever get an explanation about the Pikari nickname

LMAO, I just remembered, did Dawn tell Zoey she released Ambipom?

Bwahahahahaahaha!

ahaha, I'd love to see her reaction to that.

I don't think she found out this episode, but don't you worry she will.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    LMAO, I just remembered, did Dawn tell Zoey she released Ambipom?

Bwahahahahaahaha!
    Ambi wasn't mentioned
    But what's so funny? Zoey suggested the trade to let Aipom do whatever it wants... if Ambi changed its mind and prefer to do something else now, Zoey wouldn't suggest to force it stay with Contests... Zoey would tell Dawn what Ash told her to do - to let Ambi decide what it wants and do what best for it
    The trade was still the right thing to do at that moment since back them Aipom really loved Contests (and probably still do like them, it just found something it likes even more) and it got to compete in 4 Contests since the trade... so it did get what it wanted from the trade

Nobody noticed? There was a Diglet sitting on the bench next to the bald headed punk dude! We were so close to seeing its lower part!! Soooooo close!!!

There was a Diglett? *looks*

Oh yes, I see.....it just has a pile of dirt around the bottom of it.
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 8th May 2009 at 5:49 PM.

http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...u/594ps3.shtml
    Here it is... notice you can see it from the back and not only from the front
    Look at the picture you see it from the back, you can notice the ground at its bottom... it's like this ground is actually part of it XD I guess maybe that's it - it has nothing down there, just this sand that's part of it XDDD

EDIT: beaten by ShinyCharyZard
    Last edited by ^ASH^; 8th May 2009 at 6:00 PM.

That's funny. So diglets carry around dirt to cover up it not-to-be-seen body parts. Kinda like wormadam..........

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    Nobody noticed? There was a Diglet sitting on the bench next to the bald headed punk dude! We were so close to seeing its lower part!! Soooooo close!!!
    Darn I WANT to know what the bottom looks like.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Aside from the funny Diglet part, did anyone noticed that baby Glamoew has pretty much the same face expretion thoughout the flashback.
    It might be just me or does He/She look happy enough in the box (then again I was only looking at the episode pic's so I can't really tell)

anyway a cute and funny episode I thouht it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Also, Evil-train-dude is easily 4th or 5th on the list of greatest things ever.
    Agreed, but only on the count of it being a Zelda Boss.

I like Candice's little nickname for Zoey, calling her "Nozochi" instead of Nozomi. Nice to see Glameow's backstory and confirmation that it was Zoey's first Pokemon too.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

It's nice that Ash and Co. made it into Snowpoint City which is Zoey's hometown. I wonder what she'll do next? I have to admit that Zoey's a cool character. Candice's kind of cute. But I do know that Ash will win a Gym Battle against Candice. Zoey also obtained four ribbons.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

How does Candice manage to not have a static problem with that sweater and flimsy skirt so close together?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Well, I never hated Nozomi, it is just that she is terribly bland and boring as a rival. I don´t think it really works. Even Suzuna mentions that
    I like that she is a Haruka-esque ( from Sailor Moon ) character though, and her design. Her team however is with the exception of Missy nothing I really like. She is however not a character who deserves to be hated. That´ll be Hiroshi.

Anyway, I am very, very late with my review, but at least I could watch this episode one day before the next new one, so it is still fine ^^

I agree with every one who said that Nozomi was a lot more interesting in this episode. I liked her backstory and her chemistry with Suzuna a lot. Chibi-Nozochi was very,very cute and Suzuna is workshipped by Suikun for a reason after all.
    Her character reminds me a lot of Natane, but in a very good way. Filthy fanart inspiration? You bet!

I was a bit disappointed that the CotD´s Skutank didn´t do ****, I guess we´ll have to wait for Jupiter´s skunk again. The school plot could have been a lot better but I wasn´t expecting a the ultimate test-like episode anyway.

Am I really the only one who scratched his head when that DIGLETT sat on the chair in the school??? It even had dirt around its body BUT was coming out of the chair...what the ****?! O.O
    It reminds me what a strange and idiotic concept the diglett-line really has.

For a Kinoshita episode the animation were really not bad. Out of shape faces and body shots aside, I really think that Kinoshita is getting better.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Yeah that confused me but I bet digglett is just a baby mole with a cyndaquilish body

Anyways, for those who absolutely adore Piplup...

[img]http://i44.*******.com/5uitg3.gif[/img]

So we finally got translation for the explanation about Zoey's problem with doing both things at the same time... apparently this came from Sushi's sub so it's likely accurate:

When they were little Suzuna decided to do battles and become a Champion, while Nozomi wanted to do Contests and become a Top Coordinator. They promised each other to only follow one path and come out on top for each. So she looked down on people who did both because to her it just looked like they were fooling around.
    If that's the reason then... it's pretty stupid, but Paul's reason for his own problem was also stupid (seriously, Reggie is NOT a failure having all these badges)
    I guess they realized that unlike Paul's problem, Zoey's problem wasn't something they could stretch to the end of Sinnoh since it's not as exciting as Paul's and eventually would make her a boring character... so they "resolved" that quickly with Nando beating her and Zoey being ok with Ash in the Wallace Cup...

I think Zoey/Paul rivalry (not Gym/Contest rivalry, just relationship like what might be next ep) should have been there since the beginning, it could make Zoey much more interesting... but I guess it's better late than never

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast