HeartGold and SoulSilver CONFIRMED INFORMATION
- HeartGold and SoulSilver were originally confirmed on the following sites: Japanese Yahoo site, official Japanese Pokemon website. Information included an expected release date of Fall 2009 and that old and new elements will be present in the games.
- The Pokemon Sunday Variety Show aired in Japan also "announced" the existence of the games. Included was new Ken Sugimori artwork of the starters as well as a small handful of screenshots showing a Chikorita following Gold around New Bark Town. Here is a video. In better quality videos, its possible to see wind blowing across the screen.
- The June 2009 CoroCoro issue has Lugia and Ho-oh on the cover. Thanks to user m190049 for the picture.
Last edited by Shining Mew; 18th May 2009 at 5:29 AM.
12th May 2009, 5:51 PM
- First details from CoroCoro have been posted on Japanese image sites. Thanks to user slowkingsley for the pictures.
These early scans show the art for the male and new female trainers, as well as updated art for some Johto Pokemon. The starter Pokemon is shown to follow you around in other cities, so it's not just a "beginning of the game" aspect. Also viewable is some kind of event utilizing the Pikachu-Colored Pichu.
To see a larger version of the scans, simply copy the image link and paste it into your browser. I used a forum code to make them smaller to fit in the post
Last edited by Shining Mew; 18th May 2009 at 5:29 AM.
18th May 2009, 1:40 AM
9th June 2009, 6:26 PM
- An old/new concept was brought to our little beloved games in the form of the Pokewalker. The Pokewalker is a pedometer that is said to be bundled with HGSS. You can transfer one of your Pokemon from HGSS to the Pokewalker and it will gain experience and happiness as you walk around. There are also some minigames involved on the Pokewalker that will affect your HGSS game. For example, one is finding items such as Potions. It's also said that you can find wild Pokemon as you walk but the details surrounding that part are still vague.
10th June 2009, 4:34 PM
Since Jess is going to be gone a bit today . . . :<
- Once you beat the main part of the games, Groudon and Kyogre are unlocked in Soul Silver and Heart Gold respectively. Futhermore, Rayquaza appears once you have caught/transferred over Groudon and Kyorge.
- Apparently, when one transfers over Movie Arceus to HG/SS, one will unlock the event featured in this next screenshot. It is rumored to unlock a level 1 Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina within the game.
The symbols on the floor are said to symbolize the [aforementioned] Dragon Trio from Sinnoh.
- These scans show artwork of Professor Elm, Silver [your primary rival], and a Female Rocket Grunt.
- These scans show the actual artwork of the gameboxes.
- Jirachi, when transferred over from a specific event that is occurring soon, will unlock certain features/areas in this game.
- More Pokemon Follow You.
Last edited by Erik Destler; 12th June 2009 at 8:35 PM.
watch me apply the pressure
all decked in lace and leather
3DS FC: 0817-4861-0470, PM if you add
12th June 2009, 5:42 PM
- More details on the Jirachi have surfaced. It will be available for Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. It comes at lvl 5 knowing Wish, Confusion, Rest and Draco Meter and with a Liechi Berry attacked. This giveaway will occur from June 9th until July 17th. Its also confirmed that it is a WiFi event at DS Download Stations & NintendoZone areas in Japan, but doesn't confirm if it's general WiFi.
- Pokémon that follow you in the game are not limited to the starters. Screenshots show Steelix, Wobbuffet and
Kecleon Larvitar** following the game's character. Like Pokemon Yellow, you can turn around and interact with your Pokemon to bring up some dialogue and see if its happy or not. It also seems that you can get some items from it similar to Amity Square. All 493 Pokémon are capable of following you.
As usual, to see a larger version of the scans, simply copy the image link and paste it into your browser.
- Pokedex and Box navigation has been enhanced to touch screen navigation. The Touch Screen is heavily incorporated in the game.
- The map of Johto confirms that the game heads east towards Kanto and shows Route 28 by Mt. Silver. It also shows a new area has appeared just west of the National Park. It is unknown what this place is.
- Pre-orders for the games begins on July 4th. If you pre-order, you will get a Ho-Oh figure for Heart Gold, a Lugia for Soul Silver and an Arceus if you pre-order both.
Last edited by Erik Destler; 12th June 2009 at 7:44 PM.
15th June 2009, 5:06 PM
- The official site has updated with the newest info. Nothing new was added, but it confirms that the new area the event Jirachi unlocks is a Pokewalker specific area and it will be available over standard WiFi. A bigger map of Johto shows a new area to the west of Cianwood City and a huge new building west of the Goldenrod Radio Tower.
- And a ton of pictures.
28th June 2009, 12:23 AM
Some little bits of info that I just never got around to putting up... credit to Filb.de
- For the Pichu event, the Notched Ear Pichu is at Level 30 and knows the attacks Volt Tackle, Helping Hand, Swagger and Pain Split.
- For the Arceus event, if you take your Arceus to the Ruins of Alph, you will gain access to a new area which has a place called Shinto Ruins. At the Shinto Ruins, you meet with Cynthia and decide which legend you want to create. After that, Arceus gets swarmed by Unown.
- The Japanese release date for the games has been confirmed on the official Pokemon website. They will be released September 12th 2009. The game will cost the usual price of 4800 yen.
10th July 2009, 4:28 PM
First we have a bit of old news that I was lazy over again hah.
- There are new better animations for when Pokemon use HMs on field.
- Some screens of new gym puzzles have surfaced as well
10th July 2009, 4:38 PM
Some scans of the new CoroCoro for this month have surfaced with some new info
- Eusine, everyones favorite Beast fanatic from Crystal, reappears for the Legendary Beasts story
- The lvl 1 Dialga, Palkia & Giratina know the moves Metal Burst, Hydro Pump and Shadow Sneak respectively
- There are 9 new touch-screen based mini-games, called Pokethlon
- Lugia and Ho-Oh appear at lvl 45
- The infamous Red Gyarados returns at lvl 30
More will be added as the scans come. Pics too!
Last edited by Shining Mew; 13th July 2009 at 5:15 PM.
13th July 2009, 5:05 PM
Final scans have arrived
- The Legendary Beasts are at lvl 40
- MorePokéthlon details are revealed, including 2 more events. One is a 3 vs 3 event, where your 3 are on one side facing the 3 others, called Shooting Snow. Basically its a snowball fight. The other is called Ring Out Fight where your 3 Pokémon have to knock the other three Pokémon out.
- CoroCoro also reconfirms the appearance of the PokéGear which is in the Menu. It has the same features as it used to (Phone, Map, and Radio) and a new one being the Itemfinder. It can also show capturing of Pokemon on the PokeWalk.
- You can also register two key items and they are accessible using the touch screen.
- New Azalea gym
- Kimono Girls are new characters that are involved in the story.
- CoroCoro also confirmed that the Notched-Ear Pichu that you obtain using the Pikachu Coloured Pichu from the 12th movie is unable to be traded and can't evolve.
Last edited by Shining Mew; 13th July 2009 at 5:18 PM.
3rd August 2009, 6:18 PM
- Pokémon Sunday revealed details about the first HGSS WiFi event. It will give access to a special area in the PokeWalker called the Yellow Forest. This area is inhabited by Pikachu only and if youre ucky you may find a Pikachu with a special (currently unknown) move. This event will occur from September 18th 2009 to November 10th 2009
8th August 2009, 3:33 PM
- Apricorns have been confirmed! This time you can grow them yourself using the SquirtBottle. They're stored in an Apricorn Case. Here's a refresher list of the Balls and their uses:
- Fast Ball: Captures Pokémon that Flee
- Friend Ball: Increases Happiness of Captured Pokémon
- Heavy Ball: Captures Heavier Pokémon more successfully
- Level Ball: Captures Pokémon of lower levels easier
- Love Ball: Captures opposite gendered Pokémon easier
- Lure Ball: Captures Pokémon caught with the Fishing Rod easier
- Moon Ball: Captures Pokémon that evolve with the Moon Stone easier
- Rayquaza is catchable later in the game at Level 50. It will require Kyogre and Groudon for it to appear as reported weeks ago.
- A Safari Zone is the new area thats west of Cianwood City.
- Kanto's inclusion in the games is also restated. There's a new Battle Frontier style facility west of Olivine City.
- The National Park's Bug Catching Contest remains in the games. For those who never played GSC, this was a contest in which you tried to capture the best Bug Pokemon and won various prized depending on your score.
- The Mystery Egg subquest is also still in the games. No confirmation if it is still a Togepi.
Last edited by Shining Mew; 8th August 2009 at 4:47 PM.
9th August 2009, 4:44 PM
- Kyogre and Groudon are both found in a cave at lvl 50.
- Apricorns can also be used to make juice that boosts your Pokemon's Pokethlon stats
- Three new Pokéthlon events have been revealed.
- Break Block: Pokémon break blocks with their hand. This is controlled with the Touch Screen
- Change Relay: A race controlled on the Touch Screen where you can only control one Pokemon at a time.
- Push Circle: A match game like RingOit Fight where you control all your Pokemon at once.
- The Safari Zone is customizable. You can move areas to gain quicker access when youre searching for specific Pokemon.
17th August 2009, 5:26 PM
- To no ones surprise, the US/EUR release date was confirmed for Spring 2010. Never saw that one coming...
- Got some screenshots from the new video on the official site. Some include Kanto.
21st August 2009, 9:09 PM
- The official site updated with some new pictures. Also confirmed are the return of the Global Trade Station and the WiFi Plaza, which are the same as the ones in Platinum. The Battle Frontier in Johto is also the same as the one in Platinum. At this time we dont know if the Brains are the same.