Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your completed pokedex?

Default Where do you keep your completed pokedex?

Platinum is the first time I've really made a sincere effort to complete my pokedex (and I'm getting close), but with the release of HG/SS maybe just a year away, I'm beginning to get a little disheartened, thinking that all this work won't matter much if I then move on to the new game.

So I'm just curious, do any of you have any special method for handling your pokedex? Do you not even bother trying to complete it at all? Did you complete it once and then just don't bother doing it again with future games? Or do you try to complete it all over again with each new game?
    Looking for legit/non-cloned (will consider dex trading):
    Dragonite, Mew, Raikou, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Flygon, Cradily, Purugly

Will trade these legendaries for any of the above that are legendaries: UT Kyogre (Level 70), UT Zapdos (Level 50), barely touched Moltres (Level 50) [all legit/non-cloned]

FC: 1376 3208 4073

Printable and checkable pokemon list: http://www.johnsalerno.net/pokemon.html

my method for me is simple.
    Ive completed my FR/LG Pokedex and my Diamond Pokedex. Im still working on my Platinum one.
    All I did was complete it on FR/LG and send all of them over to Diamond and rebreed or catch some of the few that I didnt want to breed.
    And Ive been trading most of my Pokemon this week to Platinum trying to train them up with all the leveling opportunities and getting the starters and their evos.

But all you should do is set a goal for which Pokemon you want. I suggest go for about 5 or as many as you want to catch a day that you need to complete the dex and go out and look for em in any of those games.
    Just make sure to use the Pal Park because the girl at the register will ask for a Snorlax and a Kecleon for Apps on your Poketch.

I completed Diamond, and I could complete Pearl and Platinum but I'm too lazy to trade....

Well with me, I decided before platinums release that pearl was going to be my "pokedex game" meaning that's where I will fill it up while platinum will be my "battle game" where I can have my strongest pkmn to challenge others.....in my national pokedex I am missing a lot of johto pokemon...so silver should cover that!
    =]
    FC:Platinum:0302-5931-2383
    FC:Soul Silver:4383-4189-4324
    Shinies: 1st Shiny Ever!;
    Events: x3 x2 VGC09

Quote Originally Posted by spanky17 View Post
    Well with me, I decided before platinums release that pearl was going to be my "pokedex game" meaning that's where I will fill it up
    Yeah, this is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't like the idea of having a "pokedex game" that *isn't* the main game I still continue to play, but that's probably going to be the case when I start HG/SS, unless I try to trade them all from Pt to HG/SS.
    Looking for legit/non-cloned (will consider dex trading):
    Dragonite, Mew, Raikou, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Flygon, Cradily, Purugly

Will trade these legendaries for any of the above that are legendaries: UT Kyogre (Level 70), UT Zapdos (Level 50), barely touched Moltres (Level 50) [all legit/non-cloned]

FC: 1376 3208 4073

Printable and checkable pokemon list: http://www.johnsalerno.net/pokemon.html

Only one I've completed was in Leaf green, but i havent been that motivated to do it since then

Quote Originally Posted by Jolley View Post
    Only one I've completed was in Leaf green, but i havent been that motivated to do it since then
    Same here, although I am currently working on my Pearl, mainly just the Sinnoh PokéDex.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Yeah, I really don't see a point, sure you get a diploma, but that's about it.
    I have a few TRU Regigigas for trade. Pm me your offers. Really interested in a Bold & an Impish And a Timid &

My friend code is 3137 2823 4908, I recently got wi-fi and need some friends XD

Even with HG/SS coming, I'm a little mad. I just started migrating legendaries from GBA to Platinum and now I have to restart.
    I can RNG on B/W. PM me and I'll see what I can do.

I just started doing the same, as a matter of fact. I started to migrate my legendaries over so I could see them on the GTS. Now that HGSS is coming out, I wont really need them as they are the ones that will be in that game.
    I have a few TRU Regigigas for trade. Pm me your offers. Really interested in a Bold & an Impish And a Timid &

My friend code is 3137 2823 4908, I recently got wi-fi and need some friends XD

I try to get all the pokemon that I can in the game but I don't go to any extra lengths to get what I can't.
    MY FRIEND CODE 3136 3365 0001

I decided that I will make Platinum my full pokedex game even though Diamond has so much more filled up. Even with HG/SS coming out I want Platinum completed.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/vopwtk.png[/IMG]
    munch munch munch..

Well my Plat. is going to be my main game, everything that doesnt need to be on other games will be on my plat. Now the only problem is... I still need to buy Platnium.
    Looking for Lugia and Ho-oh Celebi and SHINY Rayquaza

I can Offer Deoxys and Kanto, Johto, Hoenn Starters.
    PM me with offers
    Diamond Friend Code 2964 8978 0544

I have all of my Pokedex filled in Emerald, save a few that I need to go back and evolve.

My Leafgreen pokedex is completed. I lost Pearl version on a plane, and that had a completed pokedex, but I guess that doesnt count. I don't have much interest in re-completing it, but I might for HG/SS.

I have all DPPt and currently, Platinum is my dex.

Keeping it simple till something comes in here.

I only read the first post and the last page.

I started on Ruby and collected as many as I could. Then I shifted it to my Fire Red, then Leaf Green (where it got some help from Colo and XD) and on to Emerald. By then it was 384. I transferred it to Diamond as soon as I could, where it is almost complete (491) =D Missing Shaymin and Arceus.

And then I got obsessive and collected one of each form (Shellos, Burmy, Wormadam, Unown etc.) XD plus a Ditto of every nature
    << The Ripple Effect || Updated 21/05/12 >>
    Celebrating 5,000 views
    And slightly less replies

Itt'll be the goal I'll never get in Platinum= unlimited playing time.

I'm 10 away from finishing diamond. More like 8 now.

Then I'll work on SoulSilver when it comes out. Until then I'm focusing on shinies.
    Complete Nuzlocke All-star Team

Still waiting on Platinum to come out here, that's where I'll be keeping my completed pokedex. so I can use the other versions for resetting for the starter Pokemon etc for example It's gonna be a long way to get there still for me. *giggle* I guess you can compare it with Ash, the night before he went off :P. I can't wait to get my hands on the game.

I've finished Diamond, for Platinum I've stopped, I ctch when I need them. I'm going to try in Heart Gold and Soul Silver though or maybe the 3rd in the remade series, maybe.

i don't eve catch pokemon i don't need, how many of you have a fully completed pokemon game with the bidoof having being not caught.............i finally caught one, i got it as trade fodder, its pretty uselesss completing the dex, stick to what you need

No time for catching, as I moved to breeding Cyndaquils and aim for the last star on the trainercard
    There'll be total devastation,
    Pure annihilation
    Or absolute surrender.
    I'll have limitless power,
    This is our finest hour
    Now go,go,go,go!
    "and those silly comments like mews under the truck."
    PKMN Diamant FC : 3266 1329 4105

PKMN Platin FC : 1634 2465 5625

PKMN Heartgold FC : 4512 3200 9906

I decided I will NOT complete Platinum PokeDex, I hate having to migrate and trade to get legendaries, too much work...

Pearl is 97&#37; complete, stored in a shoebox ^_^

I completed it in Diamond (except for out little Arceus). My box is just the same as my dex (excluding the male/female differend formes).
    So I'll just transfer them all to whatever game will be my main game in the future. (To platinum when I get it, to the 5th gen when it comes out, etc).

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast