Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Sliding Into Seventh (595)

Chimchar beat Abomasnow and made a fool of it

It's awesome how Ash was able to beat an Ice-type gym when 3 out of 4 of his Pokemon were weak against Ice-types (especially Gliscor).
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

This episode was very cool. Ash ended up using 3 Pokemon weak against Ice-Type Pokemon, 2 of which are double-weak against Ice-Type Pokemon. It was great to see Chimchar do so well in the Gym Battle. Chimchar looked cool using broken Ice pieces like a skateboard to get around the Ice. It was great how Grotle took advantage of its defenses, withstood the Icy Wind attack and knock Sneasel out with Rock Climb. Staraptor looked great knocking Medicham out easily. Gliscor battled well against Snover, but still was knocked out. Abomasnow took out 3 of Ash's Pokemon very easily... Chimchar was able to knock out Snover. Chimchar was fun to watch, especially the strategy to defeat Abomasnow. It was cool to see a Wood Hammer attack. I'm glad Ash won his 7th badge.

95/100

I knew Chimchar would win the battle........again. I still liked the battle.

Like it! Snover looks kinda cute =3 glad Ash won with Chimchar
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I wasn't a fan of how...buffoon-ish Abomasnow came off. I know it isn't the most terrifying looking Pokemon, but it just looked terrible in this episode.

Not a bad battle but nothing sticks out as great - although I like Ash's 'rest for later' strategy he's adopted this saga.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
    Is it me or does it seem that every gym battle follows the same formula?
    Ash beats all the gym leader's Pokemon easily without loosing any of his.
    Than they call their ace and start crushing all but his last Pokemon which
    pulls through. It was still a fun battle to watch, it just seemed like such
    an easy win.

When he faces Volkner, I hope he looses before reaching the Luxray.
    Yes most of the Gym battles are either luck on Ash's part&exactly the same formula for every Gym Leader.
    YOU EITHER DIE A HERO OR YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO SEE YOURSELF BECOME THE VILLAIN ~THE DARK KNIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    It was one of the more unimpressive Gym battles in the Sinnoh Saga in my honest opinion. I had such high hopes for the seventh Sinnoh Gym battle and for Candice but it turned out to be almost like a joke in a few ways. As always, the star is Chimchar and it's win against Candice and Abomasnow was cheap in the way that it was rushed. 5/10.
    I don't see how this battle was rushed. It took up most of the episode. Team Rocket really doesn't need to be in some episodes. I mean really. And Zoey is annyoing. I know she likes her friend, but we don't need to hear Senior ever minute.

My ideal battle ever!

I guess that user thought since there were more pokemon, the battle would take longer.

I really liked how Candice's Sneasel skated on the ice and I was stunned that Ash's Grotle defeated it pretty quickly as well. Seeing Candice counter attack with her Snover after Ash beat Medicham as well was great, although I felt bad for Ash's Gliscor when it lost. Team Rocket's antics here were funny as well; I felt bad for them after the Skuntank thing.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567