Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sliding Into Seventh (595)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    Good gym battle that fire fang and smack of the tail shouldve been enough to take out snover.
    Well, Snover IS a gym leader's Pokemon. Gliscor was probably very close to beating Snover because then, just one Flamethrower from Chimchar KOed Snover.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

i loved the ice surfing, it looked so fun. i really thought the battle would be two episodes though...
    but the whole paul is cool, i just thought he would already be past ash
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

I'm glad it was not a two parter myself. I found the episode ok..but..not the best gym battle.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Candice seemed to be a pretty soft Gym Leader. Most of her Pokémon were easily defeated rather quickly. I would've liked it if they let Candice use Froslass and some other Ice-type Pokémon in place of Snover and Medicham.

The battle itself wasn't too thrilling. I found it better than Ash's battle against Crasher Wake but it really isn't that exciting when compared to Ash's battles against Fantina and Byron.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Now that was both a relaxing and chilling episode to watch. Marvelous indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedexfiller View Post
    i loved the ice surfing, it looked so fun.
    I thought it was cool too. Also isn't it odd how we are making puns after we recently watched the episode? I also love the visual effects in the backgrounds (e.g. Snover using Ice Shard or Powder Snow with that warm cool looking background with the glowing. I wanna know how the animators do that.)
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 10th October 2009 at 5:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    LMAFO why? It's not like the abilities are that broken. Ok maybe a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic Hybrid View Post
    Pokemon: Harem Frontier. I can already smell the ratings.

Man, Abomasnow pwn'd 3 of Ash's pokemon. :P I thought it was a great episode with the 7th gym battle.

After we saw a familiar face at the end, Im really looking forward to the next episode now!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This episode was awesome. It was cool to see Wood Hammer. I also like how Abomasnow is so strong that it didn’t even move from its spot after being called out. It was awesome how Chimchar skated on the ice and Abomasnow getting all frustrated over it. Ash’s gym battle was quite epic.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Great episode. Abomasnow was awesome, smacking three of Ash's pokemon without even moving. Seeing Wood Hammer was one of my favorite parts, great look for the move.
    Snowboarding Chimchar was great too, and Grotle was good.

This was my first episode in a while, so I'm glad it was a good one.

well the battle was decent but not the best gym battle in sinoh.

Chimchar Snowboarding remind me of Mario 64 koopa shellboarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Since Candice isn't using some of the Pokemon she was using in Platinum and only from Diamond and Pearl, I'm guessing the same will happen to Volkner, unless the writers want to use his Electivire. I like how Abomasnow just took down Ash's Pokemon as if it were nothing. Chimchar surfing around the battleground was an excellent environmental strategy to take down Abomasnow quickly. Paul just barely shows up at the end of the episode, I guess Ash must've won his 7th badge first before him. Now I'll just to wait and see how Zoey will react to Paul's way of training.
    well we dont know how many week or months the se episodes were in production so it possible that Volkner have his Pt team which i hope he have.

Good Episode , it felt kinda rushed but still the Gym battle was better than the Crasher Wake one XP. I noticed that even though Gliscor got beaten by snover there it still did some damage to it. Plus since Chimchar beat him with a single flamethrower it would mean that if Gliscor final Fire Fang would had hit I think Snover should have gone down XD . I still love how Candice showed her attitude in this episode 8D , Still love her voice . Abomasnow showed that it was really strong defeating 3/4 of the Pokemon Ash used in the match , Wood Hammer ( I think that what the attack name ) was cool to watch Grottle's Face when he was KO'ed was funny to see ROFL XD . And the Ice surfing part was cool to see :P it was kinda funny to see Abomasnow get mad when Chomchar was surfing around him XDDD. Paul appearing at the end so the plot for next episode to start was a nice touch there to end the episode.

Good Episode Overall.

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

good episode in my opinion, although final fight Chimchar vs Abomasnow wasnt that exciting. IT would have been better if they let chimchar use blaze and than pawn abomasnows Blizzard with an empowered Flamethrower

Wow I never thought I would see Ash getting a gym badge BEFORE Paul.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Today's episode can be summarized as "great gym battle, great episode".

YES FINALLY! It seems that the writers have finally got what I ( and I guess you too) want to see, namely an Ash who is absolutely dominat throughout the first two rounds and proves that he can be a good trainer even without DEM help of any kind.
    Writers, will you now pleeeease get that straight in your heads? Repeat exactly this kind of superior battling style in all the upcoming battles (+ give Ash a Gible, and let Cynthia be the invincible Champion forever) and I'll be the happiest Pokemonfan in the whole world!
    You may now object that it would probably be boring and predictable if Ash dominated the action every time and won every badge with ease. No, it wouldn't, firstly because we clearly saw today that Ash still had difficulties and had to struggle hard to finally earn the badge and secondly, even if we watched battles of skilled and experienced trainers that wouldn't automatically mean that they have to be dull. On the contrary, the best trainers also put up the most impressive fights.
    But after today's battle, I'm quite optimistic when it comes to Ash's future...hopefully the Anime won't prove me wrong (apart from Ash vs. Paul of course).

Well, what else is on my list of noteworthy events? yeah, of course! Gliscor failed!!! Serves him right. The highly praised Gliscor couldn't even take out Snover (I know, I know 4x type disadvantage...) I want to apologize to all Gliscor fans, but given the fact that I still can't get to like that flying scorpion, I just can't help gloating over his, say, subpar performance today arty: Thank God, Ash has other and, above all, competent Pokemon!

Talking of competent Pokemon, this leads me to today's star, Chimchar! I was really delighted by his performance today. Although I didn't like that his Flamethrower was too weak against Aboma(Obama?-)snow, I did find it impressive how he showed some spunk and made the best of the difficult situation. Definitely the two higlights were Chimchar's ultra cool expression on his face after it had sensed Snover and ,of course, Chimchar skating on that ice shard. Hey, you've got to admit that he was really good at it! The final, powerful Flamewheel was the icing (no pun intended ) on the cake!

And then we got the mysterious Paul again. I haven't watched the upcoming episodes yet, but judging from what I was told, these are bound to be great. I do hope that Paul's appearance will herald some of the best Sinnoh episodes ever ( of course after the episodes with Queen Cynthia)

All in all an awesome and exciting episode!

8 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post

well we dont know how many week or months the se episodes were in production so it possible that Volkner have his Pt team which i hope he have.
    I doubt it. Rotom's Platinum forms appeared about 20 episodes ago and Ash and Dawn are wearing their Platinum clothes in the Snowpoint City arc. The writers are well aware of Candice's Platinum team. I'd be willing to bet that not only do the writers know Pokemon Platinum inside and out but they knew every last detail of the game before the game was even announced to the general public. It's their job to know this stuff so Nintendo wouldn't benefit by not letting them in on any "secrets".

Besides, in AG Juan was the gym leader instead of Wallace just like in Emerald but he still used Wallace's team from Ruby/Sapphire

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I enjoyed this episode. The ice skating with Sneasel AND Chimchar was cool. This was a very good gym battle episode.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    Wow I never thought I would see Ash getting a gym badge BEFORE Paul.
    I second that
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

I enjoyed this gym battle but i am waiting for next saturday more. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

Just watched this episode. It was good, but it felt it was rushed. Too bad that Gliscor didn't earn a win, though. Chimchar skating around was funny.

And now there comes Paul. Wonder what might be next...

"you better behave folks otherwise your parents will get you a Skuntank"

i expected their battle to be more interesting though
    1. You are now reading my signature.
    2. You are wondering why you are reading it?
    3.You say that you are already half way so why not?
    5. You didn't notice I skipped 4
    6. You are now chacking if I mist four.
    8. You are now smiling.
    9. You didn't notice I skipped 7.
    10. hehehe!!!!
    11. I love ya all for reading my signature!!!!=]

[IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2zsb7g1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i33.*******.com/flyiiq.png[/IMG]

credit belong to the one and only Rosemary!
    thank you so much

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Like I said when this aired in Japan, this should have been two parts long. It was too rushed for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Paul just barely shows up at the end of the episode, I guess Ash must've won his 7th badge first before him.
    Duh, that's why he's challenging Candice to a battle.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Good battle, but it was too rushed (except for Abomasnow vs Chimchar), I felt. Shame Gliscor didn't pull off a victory. :|
    I loved the battle music in this battle.
    Can't wait for the next episode.

my pokémon ruby team since 2004 <3

currently playing pokémon platinum

I thought that the gym battle was alright. I was expecting more from Candice. Maybe she should just stick w/ teaching instead of running a gym. Anyway, I can't to see how Shinji's battle is going to be.

The first 3 battles went too fast. The whole thing with Abomasnow was predictable, with Ash pulling something out of his *** for a win. I thought the Grotle and Staraptor wins were more impressive to watch. I didn't know WTF Ash was thinking bringing Gliscor out against an Ice leader. Pikachu seemed like it was begging Ash to fight. Though, it was funny seeing Gliscor fighting Snover with its 4x Ice weakness, and then using Fire Fang for its 4x Fire weakness.

I noticed a lack of consistency on the ice field, what with the lack of sliding. On other ice fields, they've had to contend with Ash's Pokemon sliding around the field, but here it was a non-issue. I would've appreciated Chimchar slipping and falling or something.

Candice's voice is so awesome. Haha. She was fun to listen to.

Dub episode was pretty good. I mainly watched it because I wanted to compare Shinji with Paul (I know, like...2 sentences at the end). He's much more of a jerk in the dub, whereas in the raw he seems to be a bit more..I dunno, just keeps to himself?

Really enjoyed the gym battle. Grotle taking those relatively weak hits makes sense, and seeing Rock Climb in action was awesome. Also, any time we get to see Brave Bird AND Close Combat in the same episode is also awesome.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    The first 3 battles went too fast. The whole thing with Abomasnow was predictable, with Ash pulling something out of his *** for a win. I thought the Grotle and Staraptor wins were more impressive to watch. I didn't know WTF Ash was thinking bringing Gliscor out against an Ice leader. Pikachu seemed like it was begging Ash to fight. Though, it was funny seeing Gliscor fighting Snover with its 4x Ice weakness, and then using Fire Fang for its 4x Fire weakness.

I noticed a lack of consistency on the ice field, what with the lack of sliding. On other ice fields, they've had to contend with Ash's Pokemon sliding around the field, but here it was a non-issue. I would've appreciated Chimchar slipping and falling or something.

Candice's voice is so awesome. Haha. She was fun to listen to.
    if pikachu was begging to fight it would have been louder than that.
    Ash's team right now

Ash scored his first 2 K.O.-s in the fashion of a skilled trainer, but he began blowing it up afterwards. Old empty-headed Ash. Urgh, why didn't TR dig a hole in the floor of the room they barricaded themselves in, like they dug a hole to get inside the Pokemon storage? The writers should let them steal some Pokemon, really...
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast