Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Alphebet Challenge (Pokeshipping: G-PG-13)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    132

    Default Alphebet Challenge (Pokeshipping: G-PG-13)

    Approved by Encyclopika

    Hi, everyone! I've been working on a collection of one-shots/drabbles based on the alphabet challenge over at fanfiction.net. What you do is you choose a couple (or multiple couples) and then write a one-shot/drabble from a prompt based on every letter of the alphabet. The couple I chose was Ash/Misty (surprise, surprise!). I've written three so far, but because of posting rules I'll only be posting the first one tonight. Enjoy!

    Alphabet Challenge

    Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon. I do, however, own this story (but not this idea, which belongs to A Rose for me-A Rose for you).

    Author’s Note: Everyone’s been doing it, and I’ve been meaning to write some drabbles, so why not? Yes, that’s right; I have decided to take the ABC/alphabet/whatever-you-want-to-call-it challenge. The challenge was issues by A Rose for me-A Rose for you (err, I hope I got that right!), whom I don’t know but would like to thank for coming up with such a neat challenge. Enjoy!

    A—Apple

    “Ohh…Misty…” A soft moan startled the Cerulean City gym leader, temporarily distracting her from her work of preparing some nice, warm miso soup. She had definitely heard it, though, and exited her place in the kitchen, entering the Ketchum living room with her hands on her hips.

    “What now, Ash?” she snapped.

    “I…I changed my mind,” Ash began tentatively, a small smile gracing his chapped lips. “I don’t want the miso soup anymore.”

    Misty, shaking her head in aggravation, began making her way towards the couch-ridden teenager, ready to lay her hands on him.

    “M-m-misty, wait! If you touch me you might get the chicken pox, too!” Ash eagerly reminded his companion.

    “Ash, how many times do I have to tell you? I’ve already had the chicken pox! Besides, if I kill you now I can just blame your illness. No one will have to know I’m guilty of murder.” Misty grinned mischievously, coming even closer to Ash.

    “Pikachu, I order you to shock Misty this instant!” Ash cried out to his Pokémon companion, who had been napping peacefully next to the couch Ash was occupying.

    “Pika?” The electric mouse opened its eyes briefly, surveyed the scene, and then promptly went back to sleep.

    “I’ll remember this, Pikachu,” Ash said with a shake of his sore head. “Next time there’s ketchup in the house you won’t be getting any.”

    “Well, Ash, what are you going to do now? All day it’s been, ‘Misty, bring me this’ and ‘never mind, now bring me that.’ Honestly, Ash, give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you right now!” Misty said menacingly.

    “Because I’m adorable when I’m sick and because you love me so much?” Ash stated sheepishly, giving Misty his cutest, most engaging smile.

    Misty felt her face flush slightly, warmth creeping up into her cheeks. God, why did he have to be so freaking cute all the time? How did she let herself fall in love with such a sweet, endearing, charming…

    Ash let out a giggle, pleased at having successfully saved himself from the wrath of his girlfriend.

    …obnoxious, moronic, dense loser?!

    “Ugh, Ash! Stop laughing or I really am going to kill you!” Misty threatened.

    “Alright, Alright!” Ash put up his hands in mock surrender.

    “What would you like now?” Misty asked in irritation.

    “Some hot tea would be nice, please.”

    “I thought you didn’t want tea anymore? I though you wanted miso soup?”

    “Um, I changed my mind again, hehe.”

    “What’s the magic word?” Misty teased.

    “Umm…tea? Pikachu? Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?” Ash asked.

    “Ugh, you really are an idiot, Ash! It’s called ‘please’!”

    “Oh, right…” Ash sweat dropped in embarrassment.

    The Cerulean City gym leader tapped her fingers in agitation against the counter top as she waited for the water to come to a boil in the tea kettle. Why oh why did she ever answer Mrs. Ketchum’s pleas to take care of her sick son when she went out of town for the day? Oh, right. Because she loved Ash.

    “Oh…Misty…”

    Or at least she thought she did.

    ***

    The Cerulean City gym leader hummed a tune as she waited for the tub to fill. How odd it was that people took oatmeal baths when they were afflicted with chicken pox! Well, if it would make Ash feel better it would be worth a shot, she figured. Poor guy. She would do anything to make him feel better.

    “Ash, your oatmeal bath is ready!” she called out a few minutes later.

    Ash slowly trudged into the bathroom, dragging his spotted feet along the floor. When he saw Misty and the bath filled with oatmeal his eyes lit up.

    “Wow, Misty! This should definitely make me feel better!”

    “I hope so, Ash. Well, go on in.”

    Ash paused, staring at Misty.

    “Well, what are you waiting for?” Misty asked, growing aggravated and not thinking of what it meant for Ash to get in the tub in front of her.

    “Umm, I thought you’d, you know, give me some privacy, but if you want to see my naked bottom that’s fine with me!” Ash said with a grin.

    Misty felt herself turn bright red.

    “Ash! I’m going to kill you!” Misty screamed, chasing a frightened Ash out of the bathroom. She would do anything to make him feel worse.

    ***


    “Thanks for taking care of me today, Misty,” a tired Ash said, his head resting in the Cerulean City gym leader’s lap.

    “You’re welcome, Ash. You know I love you…even if you are a pain,” Misty replied, stroking the sick boy’s black hair.

    “There’s just one thing I need to make me feel better,” Ash began, looking up at his girlfriend.

    “Hmm? What’s that?” Misty asked.

    “Well, it would be really nice if you would give me a goodnight kiss.”

    “I don’t think so, Ash. I know I won’t get chicken pox because I’ve already had it, but there’s no way I’m kissing those nasty looking lips…no offense,” Misty quickly added, not wanting to hurt Ash’s feelings.

    “Oh, come on, Mist.” Ash sat up and began to pout.

    “Uh-uh. No way.”

    “Please…”

    “Oh, alright. I want this kiss to be really special, though, so I want you to close your eyes and wait for me to lean in,” Misty instructed.

    Ash closed his eyes and puckered up, waiting expectantly for what seemed like forever…until he felt something extremely smooth hit his lips. Opening his eyes, he saw something red and shiny and round in front of him.

    “What the?”

    “You know what they say, Ash. An apple a day keeps the doctor away!”

    The End
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 17th June 2009 at 10:12 PM.
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Everybody is doing the alphabet challenge now aren't they? I don't think she knew what she started when she posted it on FF. :P I look forward to seeing your drabbles, because you can write really well.

    And I'm happy you posted it here since like the reviewing system better.

    So to get started.

    This is the first one I've read with Chicken-pox in a while, and it is hilarious. A t first I thought why is Misty is making him anything? Wouldn't he be scared of her food? Then when I found out, I was wondering how she got into this position? She's his girlfriend was a nice tweak. Normally it would be them before that, but it's not here and that adds a nice flare, especially at the end

    Ash is such a goofball dork in this playing Misty with his sickness. He wants her sympathy but doens't seem to act like it. Misty's stunt at the end was quirky.
    Last edited by Yoshi-kun; 17th May 2009 at 1:13 AM.
    Finally free til the 17th
    Now if my computer will cooperate...




    My fics


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Thanks for your kind words, Yoshi-kun!

    Now for B. I don't like this one as much as A, but hopefully you'll all enjoy it.

    Alphabet Challenge

    Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon. I do, however, own this story.

    B—Bicycle

    Peddling along the route from Viridian City to her hometown in Cerulean City, Misty couldn’t help but smile as the wind tousled her red hair in its trademark side ponytail. Togepi chirped gleefully, waving its small arms back and forth and bouncing up and down in her bicycle’s basket. Misty could see the sun setting over the mountains, its last remaining rays bathing the willow trees in hues of purple, orange, and red. The day was almost over…and what a day it had been.

    It had started out so poorly. Misty and her friends and traveling companions Ash and Brock had arrived at Viridian City’s Pokémon Center that morning straight from the Johto League Silver Conference where Ash had placed in the Top Eight. Nurse Joy had told Misty that her sisters had left a video message for her, one saying that she had to come home right away and take care of their Pokémon gym, for they were going on a trip around the world. Worse, Misty’s bike, her excuse for following Ash for so long, had been completely repaired.

    The hardest part wasn’t that she had to leave her friends, her life of traveling, her dream; no, the hardest part of all was Ash’s reaction, one of nonchalance. He was happy for her! How could Ash, after all they had been through together, not care about the fact that they would no longer be able to travel together?

    The rest of the day played itself back to Misty in a blur. Running away, crying, meeting up with those weird brothers, being outnumbered by them, Ash and Brock coming and helping her battle them: sure, all of those things had happened and all were important, but it was her realization, her realization that Ash did in fact care that mattered.

    Misty had explained to her baby Togepi that her bicycle had allowed her to meet Ash. Ash had said that it was no coincidence that they had met and that they were best friends. Misty still felt giddy at the thought of these words.

    Biking along, Misty reminisced about all of the times she and Ash had spent together. Many were happy, such as dancing together at the Maiden’s Peak festival at the beginning of their journey, when Ash and Misty were still getting to know one another, still tentatively testing the waters of their relationship. There was a lot of shouting, a lot of arguing then, but Misty didn’t focus on those things, instead thinking only of the feeling of Ash’s hand in hers and the way he looked in his green kimono. Though it had occurred a long time ago, Misty would forever remember that magical night.

    Misty couldn’t lie, though; there were certainly times when Ash had annoyed her. She thought back to the way he had sulked after losing to Richie in the Indigo League, the way he had brushed off her attempts to cheer him up. That had made her angry; more than that, though, it had hurt. Ash had certainly hurt her many times, although far more often than that, she realized, her had made her happy.

    Then there were the frightening times, the times she had thought she might lose Ash for good. Misty thought back to the events of Shamouti Island, when Ash and Lugia had saved the world. She remembered how Ash had nearly drowned, how she had dove into the frigid waters to save him, how she had risked her life. It had been scary and dangerous, sure, but she did it without thinking, and would do it again in a heartbeat, for she never wanted to lose Ash.

    Today had been one of those frightening times, one of the times when she had feared losing Ash forever. After the events of today, though, Misty knew that she never had to worry about losing her best friend.

    “Will I ever see you again?” she had asked.

    “You will. I swear,” he had promised.

    She knew he would hold true to his promise, for, Misty realized for perhaps the first time since she had met Ash, realized with certainty, that he cared about her. Maybe he wasn’t exactly at the point where he had realized the extent of his feelings the way she had, but he would get there with time. Ash was a little dense, after all, so it would probably take him a while, but she was willing to wait.

    As Misty left behind Viridian City, and with it Ash, she did not take with her a heart full of sorrow; rather, she felt something she had not expected to feel, something akin to hope. Today she had realized that Ash valued her friendship, and that perhaps someday he would value her as something more than a friend.

    “Well, Ash Ketchum, I finally know how you really feel about me.”

    Everything was going to change now, but perhaps Misty could accept that. Sure, leaving behind Ash had been painful, but in doing so she had gained something valuable: the knowledge of how he really felt about her.
    Misty was so glad and thankful she had met Ash. Perhaps he was right; perhaps it wasn’t a coincidence.

    Misty couldn’t help but smile. To think, for all this she had a bicycle to thank!

    Author’s Note: OK, so I know this kind of rambles and isn’t very good and all that. I promise the next one (which I plan on having out very soon!) will be better and truer to form, so to speak. I wanted to write about GCYL because it’s always boggled my mind a bit. Why would Misty ultimately be happy to leave Ash behind? This is the only way I could justify her feelings. Also, what does “Well, Ash Ketchum, I finally know how you really feel about me” actually mean? Does it mean that Misty realizes that Ash doesn’t share her secret feelings or does it mean that Misty realizes that Ash values her friendship the way she values his? I don’t know, but, as this fic shows, I’m hoping for the latter.
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    132

    Default

    I hope it's OK that I double-post. No one responded to "B" and I really want to get "C" up, so I suppose I don't have much of a choice, do I?

    Alphabet Challenge

    Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon. I do, however, own this story.

    Author’s Note: No, it’s not that kind of chicken. You’ll see. This fic is, by the way, strongly rated “T.”

    C—Chicken

    “I’m bored. “ The oldest of the Sensational Sisters flicked a piece of lint out from under one her perfectly manicured nails. “There’s, like, nothing to do in this stupid little town, and it’s beyond hot out.”

    “Hey, Pallet’s a great town!” Ash Ketchum exclaimed, his pride having been a bit wounded from Daisy’s knock on his hometown.

    “Yeah, if you’re, like, into sitting around all day doing nothing.” Daisy sighed. Yup, her boyfriend definitely lived in the sticks.

    “That’s not true! There’s plenty to do here… right, Tracey?” Ash asked his longtime friend and fellow Pallet Town resident.

    “Sure, Ash!” Tracey exclaimed. “We could always, um, well, we could always…”

    Ash sweat dropped.

    “I rest my case. I’m going to go inside and watch the latest episode of Kanto’s Top Model, although, frankly, I’m still, like, a bit miffed that they didn’t pick me to be on the show.” Daisy stood, ready to head into Professor Oak’s air conditioned laboratory.

    “Daisy, wait!” Misty, the blonde’s youngest sister, called out. For some reason she didn’t feel like being left alone with the two guys. “We could always go to the Pallet Town pool,” she suggested.

    “Pool?” That seemed to spark Daisy’s interest. “This dump of a town has a pool?”

    “Oh, yeah! The Pallet Town pool’s great!” Ash said with enthusiasm.

    Daisy smiled. “OK. After all, Tracey hasn’t seen me in my hot new bikini yet! Wait until you get a load of this one, Trace! You’re going to be, like, so horny, but if you’re lucky I might, like, let you see what’s underneath it later.” Daisy winked at her boyfriend, whose face had turned bright red.

    Ash and Misty could only exchange uncomfortable looks.

    ***

    “Wow, it looks like we’ve got the place to ourselves!” Misty stated happily upon arriving at the Pallet Town pool. “You’d think there would be a lot of people here based on how hot it is, but I guess not.”

    “That’s because, like, no one lives in this little town,” Daisy mocked.

    “That’s not true!” Ash waved his arms in frustration.

    “Calm down, Ash. Daisy is just used to big cities like Cerulean,” Misty explained.

    “Well, I, for one, don’t really care how many people live in Pallet; I’m just glad we have the pool to ourselves. I’ll see you guys in there.” With that Tracey dove in the refreshingly cool water, splashing the others in the process.

    “Wow, that feels really nice!” Misty grinned as the cool water hit her.

    “It sure does. Last one in is a rotten egg!” Ash laughed, following Tracey into the water.

    After swimming and splashing for a while, the four young adults began to tire but did not want to leave the comfort of the cool waters of the pool.

    “I’m, like, so bored,” Daisy whined.

    “What should we do?” Tracey asked.

    “Remember that game called Chicken we used to always play in the pool with Lily and Violet when we were younger, Daisy? We could always play that,” Misty offered.

    “Sure, that sounds like fun! Tracey and I are, like, totally going to win, though!”

    “How do you play?” Ash questioned.

    “Well, you have to carry your partner on your shoulders and then the person you’re carrying tries to knock the person on your opponent’s shoulders off,” Misty explained.

    “It sounds, umm, interesting,” Tracey said.

    “Well, I’m game!” Ash was never one to back away from a challenge.

    “Come on, Tracey! What do you say? Will you do it for me?” Daisy begged.

    “Oh, alright…”

    ***

    After a rousing game of Chicken (Ash and Misty won fairly quickly, for Daisy was too afraid to break one of her long nails), the gang of four decided to head back to the laboratory for a well-earned dinner. Ash and Tracey went into the male locker room to shower and change and Misty and Daisy went into the female one to do the same.

    Ahh, what a day it had been! Ash couldn’t help thinking. Not only had the swim been refreshing, but he had spent it with his favorite girl.

    “Ash?” Tracey’s voice from the next stall over snapped Ash out of his reverie.

    “Yeah, Trace?”

    “Can I, umm, can I ask you something in confidentiality, you know, man to man?”

    “Sure, Tracey.” Ash stepped out of the shower, drying himself with a towel.

    Tracey followed Ash, and Ash was surprised to see the embarrassed look on the Pokémon Watcher’s face.

    “Well, what is it, Tracey?”

    “It’s just that, umm, Daisy and I are, you know, having problems in bed.”

    Ash gulped hard. He certainly hadn’t been expecting that one!

    “What…what kind of problems. Is she hard to please or something?” Ash asked innocently.

    “No! Why would you think that?!” Tracey was practically yelling.

    “Alright, alright! Calm down, Tracey!”

    “Sorry, Ash. I guess it’s a male pride thing,” Tracey confessed, pausing for a moment. “Actually, if you must know, it’s the opposite. Anyway, I was wondering if you and Misty had anything special you do to, you know, increase arousal.”

    Now Ash’s face turned bright red. What kind of lie could he tell Tracey?

    “Ash?” Tracey pushed.

    Ash still didn’t say anything.

    “Wait…wait a minute! You and Misty do sleep together, right?”

    Ash still didn’t say anything, instead turning increasingly red.

    “Are you telling me you and Misty haven’t slept together yet?” Tracey asked, completely flabbergasted.

    “What’s so weird about that?” Ash questioned defensively. “Brock says that you have to wait for the perfect moment…”

    “You’re taking advice from the guy who’s going to be a virgin for the rest of his life?”

    “Hey, leave Brock alone! Besides, I want my first time with Misty to be special.”

    Tracey paused, carefully considering what he was going to say next.

    “Ash, it’s OK to be a little nervous...” Tracey began.

    “I-I’m not nervous!” Ash stammered. What was so bad about wanting everything to go right the first time? Besides, he was no chicken!

    “OK, OK!” Tracey held up his hands in defense.

    ***

    Ash and Tracey met the now showered and dressed Misty and Daisy outside the pool. Ash couldn’t help but smile at the way Misty’s hair shone golden in the sunlight.

    “Mmm, I can’t wait to have dinner at the laboratory!” Misty said happily.

    “Me neither! Let’s go!” Ash cried.

    Daisy, however, refused to move, smiling mischievously.

    “I think we’ll catch you guys later. We have some business to take care of… right, Tracey?”

    Tracey hesitated, a look of pure terror on his face, but Daisy dragged him along in the opposite direction.

    Ash couldn’t help but smile as he watched Tracey and Daisy leave hand and hand. He stole one last look at Tracey before leaning in to kiss Misty, and one thought ran through his head: who’s the chicken now?

    Author’s Note: Oh no! Tracey and Daisy have problems in bed. Well, I’m sure they’ll get over them. In case you haven’t noticed I’m a big Handymanshipping, although Pokeshipping will always be my OTP. I hope you weren’t turned off by the amount of Handymanshipping in this fic and the lack of Pokeshipping. I promise that most of these will focus on Pokeshipping only.

    That was so fun to write! I hope you enjoyed reading it!

    I already have ideas for “D” and “E,” so you can expect them soon.

    Take care!
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    978

    Default

    For some reason I forgot you were posting these nightly. Sorry about that, so to get started. Now I've got to do both.

    Bicycle

    This is a nice refletive piece. Gotta Catch Ya Later is one of the more heartwrenching episodes in the series. The way you explained it is very nice. I like that you put emphsis on their friendship and that he cares about her. Because that's the way it was in the Japanese version, in English in could be interpeted that she realized he didn't feel the same way and she was okay with that by that line. Which is why I never liked it. Don't hope for the latter. Because it is the latter. Good work. I really like this one.

    Chicken

    Daisy's really shallow in this isn't she?

    I wish you had showed them playing Chicken, but it has to stay a drabble.

    I'm surprised Ash knew what he was talking about. XD No, "You mean your bed is hard or something?" Dense boy.

    I'm kind of surprised at the way Tracey pressured Ash to do it, but maybe it's the way his character screams virgin. Brock screams virgin too, just more of the desparate kind. XD

    Good for Ash, because unless he learns a few things their first time isn't going to be that special, except how they want to forget it. XDXDXD

    I enjoyed this one for the comedy. The awkward topic makes it win. Especially with Ash.

    I'm going to admit to being one of few Pokeshippers who doesn't like Handymanshipping, but that's due to my issues with shipping Tracey in general. I'm very picky with him. I only support a few ships with him after all.

    Not that it bothers me anyway. I've read it before, and enjoyed it. Along with the other ships I don't support. ^ ^
    Last edited by Yoshi-kun; 19th May 2009 at 3:39 AM.
    Finally free til the 17th
    Now if my computer will cooperate...




    My fics


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Yoshi-kun, thanks again for the review. Don't worry...Tracey screams "virgin" to me, too, which is why I thought it would be funny if he wasn't one, although I'm afraid I might have made him a tad OoC. Oh, well.

    Anyway, here's "D."

    Alphabet Challenge

    Disclaimer: I don’t own Pokémon. I do, however, own this story.

    D—Denial

    Ash Ketchum couldn’t help but smile as he watched his friend Misty giggle over the video phone’s screen, her perfectly petite hand covering her mouth in an almost dainty way. He gave her his trademark lopsided grin, his head cocked to one side and his mouth wide open. Misty turned slightly red; Ash didn’t know what that meant, but he didn’t care. He just liked looking at her. God, she was great!

    “Ash, it’s time for bed!” Nurse Joy called out.

    “Oh, I guess I’ve got to go, Misty,” Ash said, his voice low and sad.

    “What? Already? Oh, alright.”

    “Bye, Mist!”

    “Bye, Ash! Have a good night. Sweet dreams…” Misty trailed off after saying the last two words, looking extremely disappointed.

    Ash hung up the phone, suddenly overcome with a glum feeling. He didn’t know when he would next be at a Pokémon Center, when he would next be able to speak to Misty. He hated when he had to go a long time without talking to her, hated when he couldn’t see her face.

    Dragging his feet, Ash opened the door to the room he was sharing with his friend Brock, expecting to find the lights off and the older boy asleep. Instead Brock was sitting up in bed, a cocky smirk on his face, almost as if he had been waiting for Ash.

    “Oh, hey, Brock,” Ash began. “Why are you still up? I thought you had been pretty tired after the long trek to Sunnyshore City.”

    “Me, tired? Nah.” Brock then yawned, but attempted to stifle it to prove his point. “Besides, some things are so important that they must be addressed now.”

    “What do you mean?” Ash asked. “What could possibly be more important than sleep? Well, I mean, I know Pokémon and eating are more important than sleep, but what else is there?” He was really confused now.

    “There are plenty of things more important than sleep, Ash! For starters, there are girls!” Brock cried.

    “Girls?” Ash replied, wrinkling his nose in disgust. “What’s so great about them?”

    “Everything! Everything from the way they look to the way they talk to their perfect little limbs to their sweet smiles to their beautiful to hair to their—”

    Suddenly Croagunk had entered the room and given Brock a swift Poison Jab to the behind.

    “Alright, Alright!” Brock yelled. “I get it! While we’re on the topic of girls, though, I want to talk to you about your relationship with Misty, Ash.”

    Ash scratched his head. “My relationship with Misty? What about it?”

    Brock rolled his eyes, but decided that he would keep his cool with his younger friend. After all, Ash couldn’t help it if he was ignorant about the ways of the world, and it was up to him, Brock the Rock, to teach Ash about women and relationships.

    “Well, for starters, Ash, don’t you think there’s something going on between you two?”

    “Something going on between us?” Ash paused, unsure of what Brock could be talking about, but then came up with an idea. “Oh, you mean that bet between us? Well, I’d bet that you wouldn’t get a girlfriend until you’re thirty-five, but Misty’s betting on forty-five. See? Aren’t I the better friend?”

    “No, Ash, that’s not what I meant.” Brock wasn’t about to lose his cool, though…not yet, anyway.

    “What do you mean, then?” Ash asked.

    Brock decided to speak in abstractions, beating around the bush a little bit first. Maybe if he didn’t come right out and say what he was thinking it would give Ash some time to get used to the idea, give him some time to accept it.

    “Ash, don’t you notice a funny feeling whenever you speak to Misty on the phone?” Brock questioned.

    “Oh, yeah, that…” Ash trailed off, his face turning a little red.

    Yes! Brock was getting somewhere! Now he just had to swoop in for the kill.

    “Well, what do you think about that, Ash?”

    “Oh, um.” Ash turned increasingly red.

    Here it comes! Brock thought to himself.

    “Well, it’s been bugging me for a long time, but I think I’ve finally figured it out,” Ash began. “You see, I usually talk to Misty after dinner, and I think, well, I think the funny feeling is gas.” Ash’s face was now a deep red.

    “Yes, well I…what?!” Brock roared. “Ash, you’ve got to be kidding me!”

    Ash suddenly turned defensive. “What? You mean to tell me you never get gas, Brock?”

    “That’s completely irrelevant!” Brock was becoming increasingly irritated. It looked like abstractions wouldn’t work, so he’d have to come right out and say it.

    “Ash, we all know you have a crush on Misty.”

    “Huh?” Ash just looked at Brock with a confused look on his face.

    “Ash, stop trying to beat around the bush and denying that you have a crush on her!” Brock was about ready to pound his younger friend.

    “I’m not denying anything! I just don’t know what a crush is,” Ash confessed.

    This time Brock fell to the floor. Still, he wouldn’t let himself get too angry.

    “Ash, a crush is when you like someone in a romantic or sexual way,” Brock explained slowly.

    “Oh, OK…”

    God, he’s finally going to admit it…

    “What do you mean by sexual, Brock?”

    Brock grabbed Ash by the shoulders, shaking him forcefully.

    “Ash, you will never be able to be with a girl if you stay in denial for the rest of your life! “ Brock yelled, spit hitting Ash in the face.

    “Denial about what?” Ash asked.

    Brock dropped his hands to his sides loudly, finally admitting defeat.

    “Ash, you’re in denial about the fact that you love Misty. Now I’m going to bed. Don’t wake me up.”

    Brock turned out the light and walked over to his bed. Soon he was snoring loudly.

    Love…that was something Ash understood. Turning on his flashlight, he took out a picture of Misty, his facing turning slightly pink.

    Who said anything about denial?

    Author’s Note: I’m sorry for the delay in getting this one up. I was originally going to do something totally different for “D” and was having trouble coming up with something to write, but then tonight I thought of this and, well, it just clicked. I hope you liked it (and, yes, I realize that Ash probably isn’t quite that stupid, but I’ve always been a fan of dense Ash).
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stuck in past memories.
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Milotic17,

    This comment is about your "D" drabble. I really loved it! Ash was too dense for crushing on Misty, but he's able to love her! That kind of pure love is really cute

    Quote Originally Posted by Milotic17 View Post
    “Ash, you’re in denial about the fact that you love Misty. Now I’m going to bed. Don’t wake me up.”

    Brock turned out the light and walked over to his bed. Soon he was snoring loudly.

    Love…that was something Ash understood. Turning on his flashlight, he took out a picture of Misty, his facing turning slightly pink.

    Who said anything about denial?
    Aww! That was my favorite part because it's so cute!
    Ahaha, you have just unleashed my inner-fangirl. XD! [That's pretty hard to do, so I commend you!] Keep it up!

    L0v3 is Evol
    PS. Sorry I didn't comment on your drabbles A-C.
    And also, can you please add me to your PM list, if you have one? Thanks !

    So...I decided to comment on the drabbles that I didn't comment on before [it was getting late...so yea]. Anywho, here it is :
    Drabble C: It was cute, although at first I didn't see Ash and Misty as a couple, until the "man to man" conversation between Tracey and Ash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milotic17 View Post
    Tracey hesitated, a look of pure terror on his face, but Daisy dragged him along in the opposite direction.

    Ash couldn’t help but smile as he watched Tracey and Daisy leave hand and hand. He stole one last look at Tracey before leaning in to kiss Misty, and one thought ran through his head: who’s the chicken now?
    Poor Tracey...Daisy's not exciting enough for him...in bed XD!

    Drabble B: Very touching! I love the way you incorperated GCYL into it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milotic17 View Post
    Today had been one of those frightening times, one of the times when she had feared losing Ash forever. After the events of today, though, Misty knew that she never had to worry about losing her best friend.

    “Will I ever see you again?” she had asked.

    “You will. I swear,” he had promised.

    She knew he would hold true to his promise, for, Misty realized for perhaps the first time since she had met Ash, realized with certainty, that he cared about her. Maybe he wasn’t exactly at the point where he had realized the extent of his feelings the way she had, but he would get there with time. Ash was a little dense, after all, so it would probably take him a while, but she was willing to wait.

    As Misty left behind Viridian City, and with it Ash, she did not take with her a heart full of sorrow; rather, she felt something she had not expected to feel, something akin to hope. Today she had realized that Ash valued her friendship, and that perhaps someday he would value her as something more than a friend.

    “Well, Ash Ketchum, I finally know how you really feel about me.”

    Everything was going to change now, but perhaps Misty could accept that. Sure, leaving behind Ash had been painful, but in doing so she had gained something valuable: the knowledge of how he really felt about her.
    Misty was so glad and thankful she had met Ash. Perhaps he was right; perhaps it wasn’t a coincidence.

    Misty couldn’t help but smile. To think, for all this she had a bicycle to thank!
    *Sigh* This drabble made me want to revisit the GCYL episode!

    Drabble A:
    Quote Originally Posted by Milotic17 View Post
    “Well, Ash, what are you going to do now? All day it’s been, ‘Misty, bring me this’ and ‘never mind, now bring me that.’ Honestly, Ash, give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you right now!” Misty said menacingly.

    “Because I’m adorable when I’m sick and because you love me so much?” Ash stated sheepishly, giving Misty his cutest, most engaging smile.

    Misty felt her face flush slightly, warmth creeping up into her cheeks. God, why did he have to be so freaking cute all the time? How did she let herself fall in love with such a sweet, endearing, charming…
    The first time I read this part, I was thinking it would be a one-sided AAML, on Misty's side, and that Ash was just messing with her. But then I read the next part...
    Quote Originally Posted by Milotic17 View Post
    Ash let out a giggle, pleased at having successfully saved himself from the wrath of his girlfriend.

    …obnoxious, moronic, dense loser?!
    Ahaha. Then I lol-ed, they already were past the asking-out stage. And...I loved the ending.

    So, in conclusion, the way you end your drabbles is greattt [so 'greattt' that five letters couldn't contain its great-ness] It always leaves me wanting more of your drabbles
    Last edited by L0v3 is Evol; 1st June 2009 at 2:15 AM. Reason: A-C drabbles weren't commented on
    Crystal Rose [Contestshipping]

    Ever notice love is evol spelled backwards?
    And that I and O are next to each other on the keyboard?
    There's also that fact that evol can be the typo of evil.
    And evil is live backwards...wonder what that means... =/?


    I Love You has a numerical vaule of 831.
    Eight letters.
    Three words.
    One meaning.


    Contestshipping+Pokeshipping Ftw =D

    += 831 = May + Drew

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Now that I've actually gotten permission from Encyclopika to post these...on with the Alphabet Challenge!

    Thank you for your kind words, LOv3 is Evol. I've added you to the PM list (LOL, now that I know what a PM list is...thanks again, Encyclopika!)

    Here's E...

    Alphabet Challenge

    Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon. I do, however, own this story.

    E: Exercise

    Misty clasped her hands together, reaching up towards the sky. She let out a sigh of contentment. Behind her Ash rolled his eyes.

    “What?” Misty snapped, not having missed Ash’s eye-roll.

    “This exercise stuff is stupid! I could be out training Pokémon or watching battles on TV. This running around and junk, though, it’s so boring,” Ash whined.

    “Ash, Pokémon Masters have to be fit. How do you expect to catch rugged ground Pokémon in the mountains if you don’t have the energy to hike? How do you expect to catch water Pokémon in the sea if you can’t swim?” Misty asked.

    “That’s why they invented all terrain vehicles and boats, Misty,” Ash argued.

    “Well, I want my boyfriend to look fit and toned, not pudgy and lazy. Ever since we came back to Pallet you’ve mostly sat on the couch watching Pokémon matches on television or pigging out on junk food. It’s about time that I whipped you into shape.”

    “It’s supposed to be my vacation! I’m supposed to laze around!”

    “Well, you aren’t going to become a Pokémon Master by lazing around.”

    “Hey, I’m learning valuable strategies by watching those battles on TV! Just because you’re on this fitness kick doesn’t mean I should be, too. You may
    be enjoying it, but I’m not. What’s in it for me, anyway?” Ash questioned.

    Misty rubbed her temples; her head was suddenly pounding. Why couldn’t Ash see the benefit in being healthy? How was she going to convince him to join her? Well, there was one way.

    “Ash, maybe I’ll give you something special if you come running with me today,” Misty teased.

    “You mean it? You’ll really buy me those Deoxys action figures I’ve been wanting?”

    God, he was dense.

    “What? No, Ash, I was thinking maybe we could spend some time together, you know, since your mom’s not home. We could, you know, make out.”

    Misty waited a moment for a response, but when she looked over towards Ash she found that he had already set off running.

    God, boys were predictable.

    ***

    Ash and Misty kept a comfortable pace, jogging through the meadows and over the hills of bucolic Pallet Town. Misty enjoyed the sweet smell of the small town’s flowers, the feel of the sun’s warm rays beating down on her, and the way the hard ground seemed to support her feet as she ran. It was all so perfect. There was one thing that was bothering her, though.

    Suddenly she stopped running.

    “Ash?”

    “Yeah?” Ash questioned, his breath coming in heaves. He was in far worse shape than she.

    “Why do you always run behind me?” Misty asked.

    “Uh, no reason,” Ash replied, suddenly turning slightly red.

    “Well, there must be some reason.”

    “Nope, no reason at all.”

    Suddenly a light bulb went off in Misty’s head.

    “Oh, I know why. You can’t keep up with me!”

    “What? Of course I can,” Ash argued, suddenly slightly irate.

    “No, no you can’t. Ash, you’re in far worse shape than I thought. This is really bad. I’m going to have to train you even more,” Misty said sadly.

    “What? No! I can keep up. ..I just choose not to,” Ash began sheepishly.

    Misty turned around, a look of shock on her face. “Why would you do that, Ash? Don’t you like my company?”

    “Of course I like your company…I just…”

    “You just what?”

    Did Ash dare tell her the truth? He knew it would risk getting her angry, but anything had to be better than even more training.

    “I just like the view,” Ash said softly.

    “The view? What’s that supposed to mean?” Misty asked, her anger showing on her face. Somehow she was sure she wouldn’t like his answer.

    “You know, the view from behind,” Ash replied, becoming even redder. “I…I like your behind, Mist.” Maybe throwing in a compliment would help things out.

    “Ash!” Misty screamed. Once again, though, when she looked over to where he was standing, she found him already running ahead.

    ***

    The sun was setting, creating a beautiful splash of colors in the sky, and Misty sighed happily, having long forgotten her anger towards Ash. It was a beautiful night and she had truly enjoyed spending the day with him. She also had an empty Ketchum house and her promise to Ash to look forward to.

    “Misty?” Ash said, suddenly interrupting her train of thought.

    “Yeah, Ash?”

    “Well, I was just thinking. You know, maybe this exercise stuff isn’t all that bad. I mean, I get to become healthy and fit, and I get to spend the day with you. That’s always nice.”

    “Aww, thanks, Ash.” Ash could be really sweet sometimes.

    “Besides, now you’ll still look really hot when you have my babies.”

    “Ash!” Misty screamed, but this time she didn’t even have to look to know that he was already off and running.

    Author’s Note: I hope you liked this. It was fun to write. Actually, I’m rather enjoying these little drabbles/one-shots. You can expect to see “F” soon.

    Oh, apparently I am an idiot. I had seen people posting fics for the Alphabet Challenge and just assumed I knew what it was without actually ever looking it up. Well, apparently there were specific prompts you were supposed to follow, which I didn’t know. Oh, well. Maybe it’s more interesting this way because you’re not reading the same prompts that tons of other people have already written about...maybe.

    I hope Ash doesn’t seem OoC in this. This is supposed to take place when he’s slightly older and has some hormones and basically acts like all teenage boys do.

    I’m going to be pretty busy this week and am going to a writing conference at a local university next week and won’t be around then, but I will try to post “F” before I go.

    Thanks, as always, for reading.
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Hi! I figured I comment on your lovely drabbles :]

    A: Apple

    I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Misty and Ash have such a great dynamic as a couple, the way you write them.

    ICK, oatmeal bath. But yay, Ash trying to get action!

    B: Bicycle

    This was perfect. You captured Misty's mindset post-GCYL brilliantly. And it did really instill that sense of hope that you gave her in the drabble.

    C: Chicken

    Oh god. Tracey... Why is he so adorably awkward? Only he, ONLY HE, would think to ask Ash for ways to help his sex life. I love Handymanshipping, so this was cute :]

    D: Denial

    This is kind of how I see Ash realizing he loves Misty. It's so sweet, so delicate and ultimately pure. There's no need to angst up their relationship, because Ash really doesn't do angst (unless it's about a battle).

    And the quip about the Brock bet was a scream. "I'm the better friend!" Hahaha.

    E: Exercise

    Why am I not surprised that Ash is a lazy-***? Oh, the promise of lovin' seems to be a general theme when it comes to motivating men. Misty did her research.

    I laughed out loud at the pregnancy bit. That was very Ash.


    I love your writing style! Very clean and confident. PM List me!
    Where do you go when you're lonely?
    Where do you go when you're blue?
    Where do you go when you're lonely?
    I'll follow you when the stars go blue.




    xx CATE

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Thank you for your kind words, isawthephoto! I've added you to the (very short!) PM list.

    Here's the next drabble/one-shot. I'm sorry that it took me so long to update.

    Alphabet Challenge

    Disclaimer: I don’t own Pokémon. I do, however, own this story.

    F: Fireworks

    Ash Ketchum strolled through the streets of Cerulean City, proudly holding his new girlfriend’s hand, when a horrible thought gripped him: was his hand sweaty? Suddenly embarrassed, Ash let go of her hand, placing his awkwardly in his pocket.

    “Ash, why did you let go?” a slim redhead asked the teenage boy, looking over at him in bewilderment.

    “I…I don’t know, Misty,” Ash mumbled. This boyfriend stuff sure was tough; there were so many new things to worry about. Did his breath smell badly? Was his face dirty? Was his shirt tucked in properly? Things that had never mattered to Ash, that had never crossed his mind, now seemed incredibly important.

    “Ash, you can tell me, you know,” Misty said with a smile.

    Could he, though? What would Misty think of him if he told her what was going through his mind? Misty’s opinion of him had always mattered, but now that she was his girlfriend it had become the most important thing in the world. He didn’t want her to think he was a stupid little kid.

    Ash spotted a bench and quickly sat down on it, hoping that Misty would somehow leave the topic alone. Instead, she sat down right next to him and began prying again.

    “Ash, what’s wrong?” she questioned.

    Did he dare tell her? Maybe he could; after all, Misty was his girlfriend and, above that, she had been one of his best friends for years.

    “It’s just that, well, I was worried that my hand might be sweaty and that it might be grossing you out or something,” Ash confessed.

    Misty giggled. “Is that all that’s been troubling you? You were really that worried about your hand being sweaty? Ash, I don’t care about things like that!”

    Ash relaxed, but only slightly.

    “Why do I have a feeling that there’s more to it than that, though? Hmm?” Misty continued.

    Ash felt his face growing red. When and how had she developed the ability to read him so well? It was like she could see inside his mind or something.

    “What’s going on, Ash?” When Misty looked over at him, there was such concern in her eyes, such concern for him, that he couldn’t help but spill his guts.

    “It’s just that, well, since we’ve started dating I’ve noticed myself thinking about—no, worrying about—things that have never bothered me before. I guess I just get nervous that I’m going to mess up the boyfriend thing somehow, that I won’t be a good enough boyfriend. I just…I just want to be the perfect boyfriend for you, Mist.”

    Ash felt his face grow even redder as Misty put her arm around him. What did he do now?

    “Aww, Ash, that’s so sweet,” Misty cooed. “I’m not sure what you’re worried about, though. I mean, what are you so afraid and confused about?”
    “Well, for startes, what do I do now?” Ash said with a small laugh.

    “What do you mean?”

    “I mean, now that you’ve put your arm around me…do I say ‘thank you?’ Do I put my arm around you, too? I just don’t know what to do!”

    Sensing that Ash was clearly distraught by this, Misty began rubbing his arm supportively. That, however, only set Ash off. He stood up, his face full of anguish.

    “Argh, why’d you have to go and do that? Now I’m even more confused!”

    “I’m not sure I understand, Ash,” Misty admitted, her face falling slightly.

    Ash sat down again next to his girlfriend, slowly regaining his composure.

    “It’s just that you’re so good at the whole dating thing, Misty, and I’m, well, I’m not.” Ash hung his head low, feeling slightly defeated.

    “What? That’s not true, Ash. You’re doing a great job at this!” Misty said encouragingly.

    “No, I’m not. Besides, you always know the right things to do, Misty, and I never do. It’s like you’re an expert and I’m just a novice.”

    “Ash, you know you’re my first boyfriend. I have no more experience in this than you do.”

    “Then how do you always know the right times to do things? How do you always know the perfect thing to say?” Ash asked, thoroughly confused.

    “I just do what I feel is right,” Misty explained.

    “Surely it can’t be that easy,” Ash said with a roll of his eyes. “Come on, Misty! Tell me your secret!”

    “There is no secret, Ash. I just go with my gut.”

    “That sounds too hard.”

    “It’s not hard, Ash. It’s easy.” Misty looked over at her new boyfriend with a heartening smile. “What is your gut telling you to do right now, Ash?”

    Ash knew what his gut was telling him to do, knew what he wanted to do as he looked at Misty’s pretty face and sweet, small lips. Before he could say anything, though, before he could act on his desire, a loud boom from up above distracted him.

    “Look, Ash, the fireworks are starting!” Misty said excitedly.

    Ash looked up in awe as brilliant blasts of color filled the sky. He and Misty watched the fireworks together, holding hands and smiling. Suddenly, Misty interrupted the moment.

    “Ash, what was your gut telling you to do?”

    Ash felt the heat rising to his face. “Well…”

    “Go on. You can tell me,” Misty urged.

    In a moment Ash brought his lips to Misty’s. Then he really saw fireworks.

    “Wow, Ash” was all Misty could think to say after the young couple had broken off the kiss.

    “Did I do something right?” Ash asked hopefully.

    “Yes, Ash, you did something very right. See, you’re going to be OK at this.”

    “You know what? I think you’re right, Mist. I think I will be OK at this.”

    Author’s Note: I had written about half of “F” before I went off to the writing conference, but couldn’t decide on a proper way to end it. Then, while watching fireworks on the fourth, I came up with this idea instead. I think this one is much better than the one I had written.

    I hope you all enjoyed it. Leave me a review and let me know!
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Gah! So sorry for the delay!

    Alphabet Challenge

    Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon. I do, however, own this story.

    G: Gloves

    Ash Ketchum bounced up and down on the soles of his feet, anxiety coursing through his veins. God, why couldn’t the match just start already? He could hear the roar of the crowd that filled the stadium; Brock and Dawn were sitting somewhere out there, waiting for him to enter the arena. He could feel the sweat dripping down his neck, down his back. Here he was, ready to face Paul, his ultimate rival, for the title of Sinnoh League Champion. He had been waiting for this moment for a long time. Why, then, did he feel like he was about to throw up?

    Ash gulped hard. “Are you ready to face Paul, Pikachu?”

    “Pika!” Pikachu exclaimed happily, giving its nervous trainer the victory sign with its little paw.

    “Alright then. Let’s go, buddy!”

    “Wait!”

    Ash heard footsteps and the panting breath of someone behind him. Turning around, he was shocked by whom he saw.

    “Misty?!”

    “A…Ash! Sorry I’m late,” Misty exclaimed, gasping for breath.

    “Misty, what are you doing here?”

    “I came to wish you good luck, of course,” Misty said, finally regaining control over her breath.

    “You did?” Ash asked in shock.

    “Of course, silly. You’re about to battle to become a Pokémon Master! Do you really think I’d miss it?”

    “Ugh, when you put it like that…” Ash began, feeling increasingly queasy.

    “What do you mean?” Misty asked.

    “Umm, well…” Ash, however, couldn’t finish his statement, for he promptly vomited all over the floor, barely missing Misty’s shoes.

    “Eww! Gross!” Misty cried. “Ash, what’s wrong with you?”

    Ash could only shrug, blushing a deep crimson. What was wrong with him? Hadn’t he dreamed about this moment all his life? Why, then, did he feel like his insides were churning?

    “It looks to me like someone’s a little nervous…well, a lot nervous, actually,” Misty said with a smile.

    Relieved that Misty wasn’t mad at him for vomiting, Ash simply shrugged. That must have been it; he was nervous. Still, it wasn’t like Ash to get nervous…not at all. With a jolt he realized that Misty was seeing him a vulnerable position, something he did not want. There was no way he would admit to her that he was nervous.

    “Me? Nervous? I don’t think so!”

    “Ash, it’s OK to be nervous. Even Pokémon Masters get nervous,” Misty explained gently.

    “Really? You think so?” Ash asked.

    “Sure. You wouldn’t be human if you weren’t nervous about the most important battle of your life.”

    “Don’t say that!” Ash cried, feeling the Butterfree in his stomach increase with Misty’s words.

    “OK, OK! Really, Ash, it’s just a battle, just like any other. If you don’t win you can always try again at the next league,” Misty reassured her longtime friend.

    “Yeah, but Paul will never let me live it down if I lose,” Ash explained. “God, he’s such a jerk. He’s always putting me down.”

    “Well, someone needs to put you in your place,” Misty teased.

    “Yeah, but not like him. I mean, you always knew just the right way to knock me down a notch or two.”

    Misty felt herself blushing slightly. “Uh, thanks.”

    “Not Paul, though. He’s so mean,” Ash went on, as if he hadn’t heard what Misty had said.

    “Well, then I guess I’ll just have to whack him with my mallet if he gives you any trouble.”

    “Really? You’d do that?” Ash asked.

    “Sure? Why not?”

    Just then, the announcer boomed that it was time for the contestants to enter the stadium.

    “Well, I guess I got to go,” Ash said nervously.

    “Wait. One last thing.”

    Misty grabbed one gloved hand in hers, fingering it gently. Ash could feel himself growing hot, the Butterfree in his stomach increasing once more…only this time they didn’t feel so bad.

    “Why do always wear gloves, Ash?” Misty asked.

    “Um, I don’t know...” Just where was Misty going with this?

    “Well, I want you to take one off.”

    “Uhh, why?” Ash asked.

    “Just do it,” Misty ordered.

    Ash did what he was told and took one fingerless black glove off. Slowly Misty bent down and kissed Ash’s exposed hand.

    Ash, blushing greatly, didn’t know what to say, so he said the only thing he could think of.

    “Uhh, Mist, isn’t the guy supposed to kiss the girl’s hand?”

    Misty felt herself turning red. “Well, Ash, if it worked that way I’d be waiting forever.”

    Unsure of what Misty meant, Ash just started at her, looking rather dumbstruck.

    “Never mind. Well, good luck.”

    “Thanks, Misty.” With that, Ash turned on his heels and began to walk into the stadium.

    “Wait, Ash! You forgot your…never mind.” Ash was already out of sight, no longer able to hear Misty.

    Misty clutched the glove close to her chest, pride coursing through her veins. He was already a Pokémon Master to her.

    Author’s Note: Whoa, she’s back from the dead! I apologize profusely for the lack of updates to my fics lately. I’ve been really busy with school, but there’s no excuse, really. Expect to see more from me soon, though. I have an extra long weekend coming up and a one-shot in the works (although I’m unsure if I’ll actually post it or not).

    For those of you who think Ash is OoC in this fic because he doesn’t get nervous, well, I think he would get nervous in a battle against Paul for the title of Pokémon Master…don’t you?

    Thanks for reading. See you soon!
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    969

    Default

    MILOTIC17!! ^__________^
    Fav part:
    Misty felt herself turning red. “Well, Ash, if it worked that way I’d be waiting forever.”
    It reminds me of the part where Misty told Brock "take it from me, it's alot easier to like someone that likes you back than someone who doesn't"
    those little hints that Ash just doesn't get.
    No errors, because you're absolutely amazing. I'm so glad you're continuing the Alpha challenge!! I was hoping you would *hugs*
    I don't see any OOCness in it other than Misty doing that suddenly out of the blue, the kissing his hand thing. LOl but it was very cute and Ash's nerves are hilarious, the puking made me LOL in the middle of the compuer lab!!
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Thanks for your kind words, M!sty! *hugs* I'm glad you like it.

    Now for "H." I'm sorry it's really short and, well, not that good.

    Alphabet Challenge

    Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon. I do, however, own this fic.

    H: Hat

    Author’s Note: Well, I did “gloves,” so why not “hat?” On with the drabble…

    A slender teenager slowly walked across the large room, stopping only to glance at her reflection in the waters of a large pool. A small blue Pokémon bobbed up and down in her arms, babbling away happily.

    “Calm down, Azurill. You’re about to jump out of my arms,” the young woman scolded her baby Pokémon. There wasn’t even a hint of malice in her voice, however, only the tender love a mother uses to dote on her child.

    “Azurill!” the blue Pokémon chirped.

    “Alright, Alright. Here.” The teenage girl placed the young Pokémon on the ground by the pool. Azurill was beginning to learn how to swim, and it jumped in the water, eager to show off its new skills.

    “Jeez, I only started to teach you to swim a week ago and you’re already more adept than Psyduck,” the young woman said with a giggle. “My, how fast you’ve learned!”

    “Misty, could you, like, clean the pool?” a voice called out from another room.

    “God, what does she think I am, a machine?” Misty asked with a scowl.

    After a moment’s pause, the voice called out again. “Like, will you or won’t you?”

    “Yeah, yeah, I’ll do it,” Misty yelled back.

    Dragging her feet along the floor, Misty slowly approached the pool’s filter, dreading the task at hand.

    Suddenly she felt a wave of water crash over her.

    “What the--?”

    Looking up Misty found herself face to face with her fearsome Gyarados.

    “Gyarados, you scared me!” Misty cried. Her Pokémon, however, could only smile, and Misty found herself smiling, too. In fact, Gyarados’s playful act helped her through that night’s chore, making the time go by much quicker.

    Soon Misty was making her way upstairs to her bedroom, a tired Azurill resting in her arms. She turned on the light, and immediately found herself looking at a faded photograph in a white frame.

    Misty placed Azurill on her bed, and turned towards the photograph, a picture of three smiling kids, one girl and two boys.

    Sighing, Misty reached over and turned it around so she wouldn’t have to look at it anymore.

    “I really need to find a better place for that photograph, huh, Azurill? We don’t want to have to look at it every time we come in the room, right?”

    Azurill, however, made no reply, for it was already asleep on Misty’s blue quilt.

    Misty, however, began to feel guilty for not wanting to look at her friends, and turned the photograph around again so she could see it. For some reason, she didn’t want to mess with her nighttime ritual.

    “Goodnight, Brock,” Misty said softly. “Goodnight, Ash.” Misty ran her finger over the face of the younger boy of the trio, the one who wore ratty blue jeans and an official Pokémon League hat. Misty couldn’t help but wonder what had happened to that beloved hat. Had Ash simply left it at home with his mother? Had he thrown it away, all those months spent sending out postcards for naught? Had he forgotten it once his mother had give him new hats for his journeys to Hoenn and Sinnnoh?

    …Why hadn’t he given it to her?

    Author’s Note: OK, so that was really short and crappy. It’s probably my least favorite of my Alphabet Challenge drabbles so far. Oh, well. You win some and you lose some, I guess.

    I can’t be the only Pokeshipper who had hoped that Ash would give Misty his hat in GCYL, right?
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cerulean City!
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Wow you are an amazing writter! Your stories are really creative and some(all), (execpt maybe B beacuse it was sad, but good)make me laugh! The stories make me lol alot, and you manage to have everyone EXACTLY in charater despite the situation! chapter E is one of my favorites, and D, wait and G, and... well you get the point XD.
    Keep on writting!
    My D/P team (that I actally have, all lv:100 execpt for 1 is 50):
    Palkia Arceus Cresselia Giratina Girafarig and Charizard!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Thanks for your compliments, Forestwolf! I'm glad you're enjoying the drabbles!

    Here's "I."

    Alphabet Challenge

    Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon. I do, however, own this story.

    I: Ice Skating

    Misty performed a graceful spin, arching her back into a perfect “U”, her red hair almost whipping into Ash.

    “Hey! Watch it with the hair!” Ash cried.

    Misty stopped in mid-spin, glaring at Ash.

    “Ash! If you don’t want to get hit, why don’t you move?”

    “Um…”

    Misty stopped and glanced at Ash, who was standing nearby and shaking mightily, for a second.

    “Come to think of it, Ash, you haven’t moved at all since we’ve started skating,” she said with a smirk. “Why is that? You told me you could skate just as well as I could, but you haven’t even moved. Come on…let’s see you do a spin!”

    “Maybe I don’t want to,” Ash replied.

    “Why would that be?”

    “Umm...because I like watching you!”

    Misty had to admit that it was a good save, but she wasn’t going to settle for that answer.

    “You can’t skate, can you?”

    “Umm…maybe not.”

    “Ash, didn’t you brag the whole way here that you could skate just as well as I could? Why would you lie?” Misty questioned.

    “Well, I figured it had to be pretty easy if you could do it,” Ash admitted.

    Misty scowled. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

    “N-nothing,” Ash stammered, fearing Misty’s wrath.

    Misty sighed. “I should have known that you couldn’t skate when you started complaining about coming here when I mentioned it as something to do. No wonder you didn’t want to come; you didn’t want to make a fool out of yourself in front of me.”

    “Waa! That’s not true! I just don’t like skating because it’s so cold out!”

    “Since when has the cold bothered you? You’re just embarrassed,” Misty countered.

    “I am not embarrassed! Why should I be embarrassed? So what if I can’t skate? There are still plenty of things I can do better than you can!”

    “Like what?” Misty knew she had trapped Ash with this one. Would he dare invoke his girlfriend’s fury by saying he was a better Pokémon trainer?

    “Like…everything!”

    “Oh, nice comeback, Ash!”

    Ash went to scuff his foot, having forgotten that he had skates on, and promptly fell.

    “This is so stupid! I knew this was going to be a horrible day! I’m going home!”

    “W-wait!” Misty cried, not wanting to be left alone in the cold. “How about I teach you to skate?”

    Ash’s ears perked up slightly. “What’s in it for me?”

    “Well, you’ll be able to experience the nice sensation of my hands on your body, holding you up so you don’t fall,” Misty said with a wink.
    A small smile made its way across Ash’s face.

    ***

    By the time the afternoon had ended Ash was skating clumsily but fairly well. Misty began to bring him into a twirl, holding onto his hands tightly and swinging him round and round. The two spun slowly, each laughing gleefully. As they slowly came to a stop, Ash rested his head on Misty’s shoulder, glad that he had decided to stick it out and learn how to skate.

    “Do you want to see me do an awesome trick?” Misty asked.

    Ash nodded.

    “OK, sit down and I’ll show you how to do a jump!”

    This piqued Ash’s interest. He sat and watched as Misty jumped into the air…and then proceeded to fall and slide right towards him!

    “Argh!” Ash cried, but he couldn’t get out of the way quickly enough. Misty slid right into him, her blade slicing his arm.

    “Oh my God!” Misty cried, sitting upright and regaining her balance. “Ash, I am so sorry.”

    “Misty, leave it to you to do this! You just had to show off, didn’t you?”

    “Ash, I…I don’t know what to say,” Misty said, tears beginning to form in her eyes. “What can I do to make it better?”

    “Well, there’s only one thing to do.”

    Misty braced herself, fearful of what Ash would suggest. Would he make her do his chores for the rest of the month…or the rest of her life? Would he make her admit that she was the inferior trainer? Would it be something even worse than that?

    “You’ll have to give me a kiss.”

    “No way—what?” Misty cried, confusion taking over.

    “You’ll have to give me a kiss. That’s the only thing that will make me feel better and make up for what you’ve done.”

    Both trainers burst into laughter. Misty leaned over and gladly kissed Ash.

    Ash had been wrong when he had thought that it would be a bad day. It had been a good day after all.

    Author’s Note: I’m sorry that it took me a while to complete this. Hopefully “J” won’t take as long. (I already have an idea of what I’m going to do for it.)
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Alphabet Challenge

    Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon. I do, however, own this story.

    J: Jerk

    He was such a jerk.

    Misty stormed around the gym, throwing whatever she could get her hands on in a fit of anger. Fuming, she attempted to curse under her breath, but it was loud enough for Psyduck, the innocent bystander, to hear, and the dumb duck knew well enough to be frightened of its owner at this moment and to stay well away. It cowered in the corner as Misty stomped around.

    “I hate him!” she yelled.

    “Who do you hate?” Daisy asked as she entered the room Misty was attempting to destroy.

    “Who do you think?”

    Daisy scratched her head. “I don’t know…me?”

    “Are you a ‘him’?” Misty asked, her voice dripping with irritation.

    “Like, I certainly hope not. I’m way too pretty to be a guy,” Daisy said, bringing a delicate hand to her pale, porcelain face.

    Misty was just about ready to smack her sister.

    “Anyway, who do you hate?” Daisy asked again.

    “I hate HIM! Ash Ketchum!”

    Daisy sighed, knowing that Misty was about to subject her to another rant about her boyfriend Ash. Ever since the two teenagers had started dating Misty had been constantly complaining about what Ash had or hadn’t done. Wait, she had done that before they had started dating.

    “What did Ash do now?” Daisy questioned.

    “You wouldn’t believe it if I told you,” Misty stated with a certain air of annoyance.

    Wasn’t that what Misty always said when Ash had done something that made her angry? Really, would this time be any more unbelievable than the time that Brock had rented a porno movie starring a woman who looked suspiciously like Lorelei of the Elite Four and made Ash watch it? What about the time Brock had taken Ash to the strip-show staring women (scantily) dressed up like Pokémon? Then there was the time Brock had brought Ash to a bar and Ash had gotten ridiculously drunk and thrown up all over Misty later that night. According to Misty, everything Ash did wrong was “unbelievable.” Then again, according to Daisy most of these things were completely Brock’s fault and not Ash’s anyway.

    “Try me,” Daisy said seriously.

    “Ash bought his mother pearls,” Misty huffed.

    “Aww, that is, like, so sweet,” Daisy cooed.

    “It is not! Those pearls were meant for me!” Misty was practically screaming.

    “What? Like, what makes you think that?”

    “Brock told me that Ash had purchased some pearls. We both assumed he was going to give them to me for White Day, which, as I’m sure you know, is today, but then he ended up giving them to his mother for her birthday yesterday. I can’t believe it! Ash knows that I love pearls! He’s such a jerk!”

    “I think it’s very sweet of him to give his mother such a nice gift,” Daisy said sincerely. “He must, like, really love her.”

    “He should be giving such a nice gift to me. He’s supposed to love me,” Misty said while moping.

    “What, he can’t, like, love both of you?”

    “You know that’s not the point. The point is that Ash knows that I love pearls. Why would he give something I love to his mother? Besides, today’s White Day and he hasn’t even given me anything! I hate him!”

    Before Daisy could answer, someone rang the doorbell to the gym.

    “I’ll get it,” Daisy said cheerfully, expecting yet another White Day gift from one of her many admirers. When she opened the door, however, she found herself face to face with Ash Ketchum.

    “Hi, Daisy. I’m here to give Misty her White Day gift,” Ash said happily.

    “It’d better be, like, totally awesome,” Daisy warned, “because she’s about ready to rip your head off.”

    Ash gulped hard. What had he done now?

    As soon as he entered the room Misty tossed him an angry glare.

    “What do you want? You’d better have a good reason for coming here today.”

    “Well, I, uh, I wanted to give you your White Day gift.”

    “Humph,” was all Misty could say. Still, while looking in the direction opposite of Ash she held out her hand to accept the gift he was offering.

    Misty was surprised by how small the package was. It was almost like…jewelry.

    The Cerulean City gym leader could no longer suppress her curiosity, so she turned around and looked at the package. It even looked like jewelry.

    Slowly she opened the package and found inside it the pearls Brock had told her that Ash had purchased and that she knew Ash had given his mother the previous day.

    “I…I don’t understand” was all Misty could say.

    “What don’t you understand? Don’t you like them? I thought that you loved pearls.”

    “I—I do!” Misty cried, still confused. Suddenly, she seemed to make sense of it all. In an instant she ran over to Ash and embraced him.

    “Ash, you shouldn’t have!”

    “Um, well, I know you love pearls. Why shouldn’t I have?”

    “Well, I mean, it wasn’t very nice to your mother,” Misty began. “What did she say when you told her?”

    “When I told her what?” Ash asked.

    “That you were giving me the pearls, of course,” Misty said.

    “She was happy, of course.”

    Misty found herself confused again. “Why would she be happy? Did she not like the pearls you gave her or something?”

    “No, she loved them.”

    Misty’s confusion was increasing. “Then why did she let you give them away?”

    Ash was beginning to realize that there was a possibility that he was in hot water. “Uh, she didn’t. She still has them.”

    “Well, then what are these?”

    “That’s the other set. I bought two sets.”

    “Ash, you can’t afford two sets of pearls!” Misty was completely flabbergasted.

    “Well, um, I can when they’re ‘buy-one-get-one-free.’ Hehe.”

    He was such a jerk.
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Alphabet Challenge

    Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon. I do, however, own this story.

    K: Knock-out

    It was a perfect night, Ash thought. Pikachu lay curled up on the rug beneath his feet, uttering a soft “Cha” every now and then, almost as if he were sighing in contentment. In front of him the fireplace roared, providing warmth and lighting up the face of the redhead sitting next to him. An Indigo League match played on the television, and Ash watched it alertly, rapt with attention. Then the trainer he was rooting for won.

    “Yes!” Ash cried, rising from his seat on the couch and knocking Misty’s glass of fruit punch over in the process…knocking it all over her.

    “Ash!” Misty shrieked, waving her hands in distress. “Look what you’ve done! Now my new white sweater is ruined!”

    “Aww, come on, Misty. Aren’t you happy that Ritchie won?”

    “Not happy enough to permanently stain my white sweater!” she cried.

    “You can always buy yourself a new sweater, but Richie can’t always win a match,” Ash argued.

    “No, you can always buy me a new sweater, which is exactly what you’re going to do tomorrow.”

    “Come on, Misty; you know I’m broke!”

    “Well, Ash, you wouldn’t be broke if you hadn’t spent all of your money on chewing gum and that stupid Squirtle water gun.”

    “Hey, that water gun wasn’t stupid!”

    “Oh, yeah? Prove it!” Misty challenged.

    “Fine! I will!”

    Ash rose from his seat on the couch, promptly leaving the room. Misty wasn’t sure why, but she was upset to see him go.

    “Ash, wait,” she called after him, but to no avail.

    Sighing, she sat down on the couch and changed the channel, putting on one of her favorite soap operas.

    Soon Ash had reentered the room.

    “Misty, come here,” he called.

    Misty stood up slowly, cautiously, the fact that Ash seemed to be hiding something behind his back registering in her mind.

    “Come closer,” Ash asked.

    Misty did as she was told, not knowing why, although she approached him with the utmost vigilance.

    “Closer…”

    Misty stubbornly made her way towards Ash, her face soon mere inches away from his.

    “Close your eyes,” Ash instructed.

    Misty obeyed Ash, her heart suddenly fluttering. Could it be? Could this be the moment she had been waiting for? Never in all of her fourteen years had she felt so nervous and so excited at the same time.

    Misty began to slowly lean forward, imitating the stars of her favorite soap operas. If her eyes had been open she would have noticed the confused and bewildered look on Ash’s face. He had not instructed her to move forward.

    Suddenly Misty felt something cold and wet hit her square in the chest. Screaming, she opened her eyes and saw that Ash had used the water gun to squirt her brand new white sweater with water.

    “Ash!”

    Ash made no reply, however. When Misty tore her eyes away from her sweater and looked at Ash, she saw him staring at her chest, his face bright red. It was then that Misty remembered what happened when white clothing got wet.

    “So that’s what a bra looks like?” Ash mumbled. “It’s a lot less interesting than Brock said…”

    “Ash Ketchum, I’m going to kill you!” Misty yelled at the top of her lungs. Bringing her hand forward, she slapped him hard across the face. “That’s for ruining my sweater!” she cried. Then she slapped him again. “That’s for staring at my chest!”

    “I just wanted to see what a bra looks like,” Ash said innocently
    enough. “Besides, it’s not like there’s much of a chest to look at—”

    Once again Ash felt his face smart where Misty had once again hit him.
    “Keep that up and I’m going to knock you out cold!” Misty threatened.

    “OK, OK,” Ash said, bringing a hand to his sore cheek. Still, he couldn’t help it as his eyes traveled downward once more.

    “The little flowers on it are a nice effect, Mist.”

    Misty was positively screaming now, her arms flailing at her sides until she finally crossed them over her chest. She then took off in a run, sprinting up the stairs into the bedroom she was sharing with Brock and Ash at the Ketchum house and slamming the door behind her.

    Ash couldn’t help but think that Misty was wrong; the money he had used to buy the water gun had been well spent. He thought that he’d have to try that trick again; even if it did mean being knocked out, it would be worth it.

    Author’s Note: Silly, silly Ash! I know I’ve been writing a lot of these one-shots/drabbles about Ash and Misty in adult form, but they’re just so fun as kids, too. I hope you don’t think they’re OoC in this story; I can totally see Ash starting to get a little curious about girls once he hits puberty.

    I hope to have the next one-shot/drabble out before Christmas time, mainly because it’s going to be Christmas-themed(!). I was going to actually make this one a Christmas one and call it “kiss” and have it involve mistletoe and stuff, but I figured that that’s just way too overdone. I’m sure you’re thanking me right now for not doing that.
    Milotic on fanfiction.net.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •