Thread: Gotta Catch Em All

Default Gotta Catch Em All

Well, when Pokemon Diamond and Pearl was announced a couple years back. I decided that when I get the games I will challenge myself to catch all 493 Pokemon. I know a lot of people have all 492 Pokemon excluding Arceus, but the difference with me is that I'm NOT;

• Using any of my OLD GBA/GC games.
    • No hacking, cloning.
    • No trading with old games, or other people online.
    • No use of Glitches.

Basically starting a fresh. Actually obtaining all the Pokemon myself. This is the most legit way possible as a lot of Pokemon trading about are Clones, or Hacked. Especially the rare Event Pokemon such as Mew, Celebi, etc.

So I bought Diamond, and Pearl. Also I bought a new copy of FireRed, Ruby, and Pokemon Colosseum. I have now obtained 440 Pokemon out of the 493. I have Darkrai, and Shaymin, and loads of other normal and some legends that I need on my Platinum Japanese. However I need another DS to trade. (I guess I need to upgrade anyways, I still have the oldest model).

Anyways; just wondering if anyone else on this forum also does the same as me? I know there are a lot of Anti-Hackers, and Anti-Cloners. Just wondering if anyone else is going through the extream lenths I am.

well, your situation is kinda similar to mine...

I won't hack or clone, or glitch. Plus once I got diamond, I re started my ruby file, which is the only other pokemon game i have.

Although my goal isn't really to catch them all, getting A LOT is in my interest.

so far I only have 259.
    Diamond team i'm training

I'm a lot like as you, I've got around 410 Pokémon.
    I've also basicly migrated every Pokémon that I need from the 3rd gen games.

good luck with the rest.
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    Control your Demon, Break the Barricade. Let's Survive.
    "The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you" - Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by furrett View Post
    well, your situation is kinda similar to mine...

I won't hack or clone, or glitch. Plus once I got diamond, I re started my ruby file, which is the only other pokemon game i have.

Although my goal isn't really to catch them all, getting A LOT is in my interest.

so far I only have 259.
    Nice to see other people doing this, even if you are not trying to get em all. It's just good to see people not cloning, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrax View Post
    I'm a lot like as you, I've got around 410 Pokémon.
    I've also basicly migrated every Pokémon that I need from the 3rd gen games.

good luck with the rest.
    Thanks.

I have also migrated all Pokemon I need from Ruby, FireRed, and Collosseum. I have just bought new games instead of using old ones. (Damn, so hard to find brand new factory sealed GBA games).

There are two more Pokemon from Colosseum I need which are waiting to be transferred. And I need to evolve Shellgon into Salamence. EV training it, so I don't end up raising two.

That will make me at the 444 point.

Also good luck with your Pokedex Pyrax.