Thread: Shin draws too?!

Default Shin draws too?!

I actually do! I used to do it a lot, in fact! Not so much anymore after I realized how much I sucked at it, but I was on a drawing streak fairly recently due to fanfic-inspiration and I figured why not pimp that stuff here. What could possibly go wrong?

Haven't done a lot of Pokemon fanart yet, but I'm sure that'll change in the near future...

Yes, almost all of it right now is based on Travels of the Trifecta!. I'm very sorry for that in advance.

So let's begin...!

Spoiler:- Pictures!:

There'll be more to come, I imagine...!

Travels of the Trifecta! - Chronicles of an estranged family!

LJ | dA | Bulbagarden | ff.net

Diamond: 2749 - 7749 - 1840
    SoulSilver: 2364 - 7834 - 3761

First of all, never get discouraged. Most people (minus the geniuses and prodigies) aren't holyomfg awesome whenever they started, and it's pretty standard that "they suck" in comparison to those who have been drawing longer and thus have more experience and as a result,imporved substantially on their art. Heck, I was looking at some really old drawings of mine myself, and they were pretty terrible, thouh it was kind of a relief to notice that I was really improving lol. Anyways on to your drawings:
    Overall, you color them decently, and incorporate minimal shading/lighting (not making fun of, lighting/shading is really hard, so I'm commending you for trying it, and I guarantee you that it gives a better image overall, just look at the "Apple Does Not Fall From the Tree" though the sketch is nice, the lack of shading is really prominent when compared to the rest of your works). Anyways, I was originally going to comment on every single piece, but I feel rather lazy so I'll just comment on a few quirks. Although I only noticed this quirk on the first two, I'll just point it out just in case you hadn't noticed. On both of the two drawings ("Non-mutual BFF" & "Paul and Conway, Plat. Ed") the hair was pretty flat, and almost molded too close to the skull, creating their faces to look way much more ovalish than what they should their jaws & chins are too uneven (though on the rest, the quirk was slightly there, but not as prominent/noticeable as these two). Secondly, like most people I know, limbs are hard to draw, and speciall the hands/feet, for that I can only recommend practicing like crazy, and drawing them more often, it really does help (though at first, I was stubborn and just would crop out those parts, intentionally of course). Lastly, I'm not sure what you use to color this, but if you use Photoshop, I recommend messing with the standard brushes settings & smudge/blur tool to make some parts of the shadows look more smooth (rough is nice, but if you add the soft/blurry shadows, it'd stand out even more, just look at some drawings of others and take notice of how they do that)

BTW: Teeny Tiny Paul is my favorite, I like the way you colored the dirt, and the background was AMAHZING! (did you do all the trees and everything? =o) And the kids, the distant ones are really funny, my favorite had to be the one on the ground, but all three actually reminded me of various manga, so you pulled that style very well .Keep Practicing .

meep, this isn't bad! better than what I can make...

Awesome fan-fics (please read them.)
    PMD--Gemstone, by sweet_piplup123
    PMD: Dawn Guardians, by Koridojo_Blaziken
    [ENJOY!!! ^-^

Lyria the Level 5 Female Symbol
    Get your own Glitch Pokemon at Glitch City Labs!
    PMD Fables: Legend of Lucario
    Coming soon to a Fan-Fiction forum near you...

Quote Originally Posted by HakuBlue View Post
    BTW: Teeny Tiny Paul is my favorite, I like the way you colored the dirt, and the background was AMAHZING! (did you do all the trees and everything? =o)
    Oh goodness no, I did not do that background (did I forget to mention that in my description? Aw geez...). ♥; Well, I did do the grass at the very front, but that's about it. The background is actually a screencap from the first season of Sailor Moon. I did tweak around with it a bit via the Push Brush and Copy Brush so I could get Usagi out of the picture, but naw, it totally isn't mine. It does wonders for the actual drawing I did, though, I'll admit.

Thanks for all the concrit and whatnot~ thing with me is that I've been drawing since I was three years old, so that means I've been on-and-off drawing for over twenty years now. I figure if I'm still sucking now, drastic improvement's not in my future since I am in the bracket of artists who've been "drawing longer". XD I use Paint Shop Pro to color my pictures (which is kind of like a poor man's Photoshop). I'm very adept in using other brushes... usually I've stuck to more simplistic shading since I polled my friends long ago about what style suits me better, and the overwhelming majority thinks cel-shading is more up my ally, hence I've stuck with that ever since. Probably wouldn't hurt to try things in another style again every now and then, though.

Glad you're enjoying the stuff, anyway! Hopefully the rustiness will wear off if I start actually drawing more on a regular basis...

Travels of the Trifecta! - Chronicles of an estranged family!

LJ | dA | Bulbagarden | ff.net

Diamond: 2749 - 7749 - 1840
    SoulSilver: 2364 - 7834 - 3761

Oh, I know where I've seen these! These were for your fic here! The pics look very good. You are a very good artist, Shinneth.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY