Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: A Pyramiding Rage (596)

5 words....

Wow, wow, wow, wow WOW!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

It was a good episode but really diddn't pay attention since i am waiting for ASH VS PAUL battle, 10 days FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

Damn good episode! Paul, The Regis, Brandon, everything! Only 2 things bugged me:

-Why is Ash always trying to get Paul to conversate with him? Its obvious Paul doesn't like him. Sometimes i think he brags about him winning badges and his Pokemon evolving just to annoy Paul. It annoys me too.

-And Zoey putting in her two cents. It's none of her business. Stay out of it!

Overall 90/100

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Fcking best episode I have ever seen since the one before! Diamond and Pearl is holding its own as the best season of pokemon. Paul getting owned(again) is always fun to watch.
    My Team

Made by my good friend Charizard Champion#06
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Puberty is for the weak. I was born a man.
    LOL

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3480 2939 6419
    Pm Me to add.
    PSN ID: CM-Matt

So now we see why Paul is like that..... All b/c of what Brandon said to Reggie...... Someone tell the Narrator that we will not see their 6 on 6 battle 10 days from now. Now you guys see that Brandon is not their father.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

This episode was great. It was cool to see Brandon again. It was cool to see an Earth Power. It was cool how strong Brandon's pokemon have become. I thought Paul got quite horribly carried away.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I have never seen Paul that angry. I think he needs meds. X)

ONE OF THE MOST EPIC BATTLES EVER. I will tell you all that.

Now we are waiting for 4 battles:
    Ash vs. Paul
    Zoey vs. Candace
    Paul vs. Candace
    and (maybe) rematch between Paul and Brandon.

I'm also hoping for a rematch between Ash and Brandon. That would be EPIC. We need Ash to be possesed again. X)

If you agree, put this in your signature. Made by Neurotic Nuckelavee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tf5174 View Post
    It was a good episode but really diddn't pay attention since i am waiting for ASH VS PAUL battle, 10 days FTW!
    Ironically enough, we'll see them battling in November 7 and November 14. Yes, that's about three to four weeks from today. Ten days? I just wonder how time affects the anime? Perhaps a time jump from day 1 to day 10? Lets see, the Regigigas episode would be day 1, the Looker episode be day 2, and around days 3 and 9 would be training, thus day 10 would be Paul vs. Ash. Anyways, I liked today's episode due to the thrills and action that were bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    This episode was good. Shinji totally got pwned by Brandon. It kinda sucks how a good trainer like Shinji lose against Brandon but a wack trainer like Ash won against him. Maybe Shinji should've chosen the battle to be 1-on-1 or 3-on-3 instead 6-on-6. Oh well. I can't wait for Ash vs Shinji episodes.
    Well against Ash Brandon only used one Regi and didn't have the option of switching pokemon. Not to mention his Regis all probably got much stronger since the Battle Frontier saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    He was plannning on battling candice I think thats why he didnt use torterra he probably diidnt expect brandon to show up.
    That sounds about right. He didn't have the time to swap out his pokemon before challenging Brandon. So I guess that means Nidoking, Hariyama, and Lairon are regular members of Paul's team rather than just reserves?

Why can't Ash rotate his pokemon as much as Paul does?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    Well, this certainly a one-sided battle. Brandon dominated Paul throughout the match and seemed pretty sure that he would win regardless of the situation.

I really like the ending of the episode when Maria and Sam, I think that that's their names, came to tell Brandon that there was a problem at the Snowpoint Temple. I can't wait for the next episode.
    Yeah, I doubt Paul would have been able to defeat all three of the Regis even if Brandon didn't withdraw his pokemon. Maybe like two of them though

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    Damn good episode! Paul, The Regis, Brandon, everything! Only 2 things bugged me:

-Why is Ash always trying to get Paul to conversate with him? Its obvious Paul doesn't like him. Sometimes i think he brags about him winning badges and his Pokemon evolving just to annoy Paul. It annoys me too.

-And Zoey putting in her two cents. It's none of her business. Stay out of it!

Overall 90/100
    Well Ash is just trying to be friendly. I can definitely see what type of person the writers were trying to make Ash and Paul seem like.

Paul is like one of those angsty annoying teens that constantly acts ****** off just for the sake of acting ****** off. He's still the best character in the show IMO though.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    He was plannning on battling candice I think thats why he didnt use torterra he probably diidnt expect brandon to show up.
    Could be. All of his Pokemon he used against Barndon would be good against Candice. Still, Paul culd have at least beaten one of Brandon's Pokemon.

If it was a six on six battle, how come Brandon never used his Solrock, Ninjask and Dusclops/Dusknoir?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Ironically enough, we'll see them battling in November 7 and November 14. Yes, that's about three to four weeks from today. Ten days? I just wonder how time affects the anime? Perhaps a time jump from day 1 to day 10? Lets see, the Regigigas episode would be day 1, the Looker episode be day 2, and around days 3 and 9 would be training, thus day 10 would be Paul vs. Ash. Anyways, I liked today's episode due to the thrills and action that were bound to happen.
    I know we won't get an till then but it was funny they said 10 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Could be. All of his Pokemon he used against Barndon would be good against Candice.
    What's funny is Nidoking is 2x weak to ice yet Paul ridicules Ash for using Grotle who is also 2x weak to ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Straitos View Post
    What's funny is Nidoking is 2x weak to ice yet Paul ridicules Ash for using Grotle who is also 2x weak to ice.
    Well, Paul's Nidoking knows Double Kick. Ash's Grotle does not have any moves super effective against Ice Types. Oh and Nidoking is Poison and Ground, actually.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Ya, I hear ya Torpoleon, but Paul's comments were very general about grass types. "using a grass type in an ice type gym chalk that up to blind faith" not necessarily a bash against Grotle just seems like he thinks Ash is dumb for using a grass type. Just happens to be both Grotle and Nidoking are both 2x weak to ice. Perhaps he thinks that Nidoking's offensive moveset is worth the sacrifice in the ice weakness I do agree though Nidoking is better suited for the gym though.

Didn't see this in English this morning, but I watched the Japanese version a while back.

It gives me a certain thrill to see Paul lose.

9/10

I liked the ep. I think Paul def took Reggie's defeat too hard and the comment abt not showing strength too literally. :/ I guess it shows that even a small moment can have a big impact and nice build on past ep (having Brock notice the badges & Fronteir Symbols Reggie had collected). I was also glad to see a Drapion NOT being typecast as a villain's poke since Reggie owned one.
    Even tho I've seen spoilers of the Ash Vs Paul Full Battle (darnit Serebii I knew there had to be a downside to joining your forums! Can't resist clicking the pics...) I'm still looking forward to that.
    FRIEND CODES
    3265-5772-9903
    Diamond Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~
    0174-3499-2232
    Silver Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~

Wishvee eggs giveaway. Check online status to ensure trade.
        Spoiler:- Trade Offerings:

Spoiler:- Trade Requests:

Trades re-open. Plz inc FC and Time Zone w/ request. I am EST Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Tf5174 View Post
    I know we won't get an till then but it was funny they said 10 days.
    Why are people taking it so literally? 10 days, 3 weeks, isn't that close enough for a show that is intentionally shown ONCE a week?

I appreciated the building on Paul's character. I was expecting the Temple Maiden to be a Frontier Brain, but guess not, it was Snowpoint Temple, haha. Wait, Paul used....Ursaring, Magmar, Lairon, Electabuzz...where was Torterra and Honchkrow?

^ You forgot Weavile.

Paul probably sent them to Reggie briefly so he'd have a more balanced team for Candice.

I claimed Skarmory!

A good episode in my opinion. I have now seen the Japanese and English versions, and in my opinion Paul doesn't get angry enough in the English. AND they never said if Brandon was Paul's father or not!!! (It's all about the hair, eyes and eyebrows ya see...) That was all I waited for and it never came...The dubbers are going to have a hard time in the future from me!

The battle itself I hated because Paul used his reserves instead of his Sinnoh team and didn't battle to the best of his abilities and got too emotional. If only his Lairon was an Aggron. His Nidoking and Hariyama were so bad. It was an epic fail...He done just as bad as Reggie. Those two really need to do some serious anti-Regi training.

Ash vs Paul. I already know who wins but I won't ruin it for anybody here. I'll just say this: Paul really does some training!! Ash will have it tough! 10 days?! That's the most random thing whatsoever. But I'll go along with it even though it won't be 10 days.

Just to be clear to anybody who only follows the dubs. We don't get to see Candice vs Zoey, or Candice vs Paul. We can assume that Paul wins however I wonder about Zoey.

So next time on Pokemon:

There is trouble at the Snowpoint Temple, and Regigigas has been awakened by an old enemy......

Why do they even reference the Zoey fight when it doesn't appear onscreen? Paul's battle with Candice being referenced is fine since it's relevant to the story, but why do we care about Zoey's battle with Candice, again?

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    AND they never said if Brandon was Paul's father or not!!! (It's all about the hair, eyes and eyebrows ya see...) That was all I waited for and it never came...The dubbers are going to have a hard time in the future from me!
    Lol Reggie called him "Brandon" so it's obvious.
    Ash's team right now

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I can only hope Paul doesn't abuse emotions for his next battle with Ash.

After comparing the Japanese and the dub, Paul is outright mean in the dub. Whereas in the Japanese version, he's just very nonchalant. For example, when Brandon asks if he minds Ash and the others watching:

Japanese: "I don't mind."
    Dub: "I DON'T care!"

Also, some of the panning (for example, when zoomed up to Paul's mouth to the battle field) seemed very choppy.

Everything else seemed to translate fine.

Regice's dub voice=best voice.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Just watched this episode. It's too bad that it was 6-0 loss for Paul. Also, it's good to see Brandon appear for a while.

I just finished this episode and I find it hard to believe that Paul couldn't even take down one of Brandon's pokemon. But I guess the writers just didn't want him one-upping his brother this soon and wanted to give Paul even more determination to become stronger. I can't wait for the Ash vs. Paul match.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast