Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 251 to 274 of 274

Thread: A Pyramiding Rage (596)

  1. #251
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NES View Post
    I liked this episode and Paul loosing against another important trainer, it shows Paul has to change some aspects that doesn't let him progress.

    This episode also gives Ash something Paul doesn't have, it makes that frontier symbol more valuable.

    And Regice "voice" is funny!
    Well, keep in mind that Paul used some Pokémon that were probably rather weak compared to the Regis. Also, Paul was probably not ready to battle Brandon because Brandon came as a surprise. When Ash beat Brandon, he used four of his strongest Pokémon against 3 of Brandon's weaker Pokémon and one Regi. Paul battled all three Regis, something Ash ash never done.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Well, keep in mind that Paul used some Pokémon that were probably rather weak compared to the Regis.
    Paul knew what he was up against and came to win. He had enough Pokemon that should've won against the Regis but didn't.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  3. #253
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Paul knew what he was up against and came to win. He had enough Pokemon that should've won against the Regis but didn't.
    No. He came to battle Candice. He did not expect Brandon to come. Three of the Pokémon Paul used against Brandon were reserves, meaning he probably barely used them. Didn't you realize that all the Pokémon Paul used against Brandon had an advantage against Candice in some way?

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    79

    Default

    this episode was one of the best i have seen in a long time!!!
    as totalpotato was saying the battle was awesome because there wasnt just a lot of powerful attacks being thrown around for no reason the battle was actually thought out by both persons even though paul did get destroyed. I just cant wait for the ash vs. paul battle coming up now!!!

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Lavender town *shiver*
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Well, keep in mind that Paul used some Pokémon that were probably rather weak compared to the Regis. Also, Paul was probably not ready to battle Brandon because Brandon came as a surprise. When Ash beat Brandon, he used four of his strongest Pokémon against 3 of Brandon's weaker Pokémon and one Regi. Paul battled all three Regis, something Ash ash never done.
    Alright that may be one of the reasons he lost, still Paul is similar to Gary when it comes to reserves: he trains all of his pokemon, he seeks for them to be perfect even if they are not in his main roster.

    But yeah, Torterra wasn't with Paul and he didn't thought about an strategy against Brandon, yet he couldn't defeat a single regi.

    I think he will beat Brandon in his rematch, he won't have his Regis anymore.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!



  6. #256
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    12 Wrose Road, Shipley
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Great episode. Paul got owned.

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    Actually Nidoking does have a 2x weakness to ice because it is a Ground-type. It wasn't the Poison they were talking about, it was the Ground part of Nidoking.
    Whoever said that forgot that Nidoking's Poison type is supereffective against Snover/Abomasnow's Grass type. So as mentioned, every Pokemon Paul used here had some kind of advantage against Candice.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  8. #258

    Default

    Good episode.
    I loved how Paul was so angree when he lost Lairon.
    And it was cool to see Candice's Dodrio.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    I wasn't too fond of Brandon when he first appeared in "Battling the Enemy Within", but at least he's been better since. It was great to see him again, and it makes sense that he'd appear now since the Snowpoint Temple has a Regi in it. His battle against Paul could have been better, since Brandon completely owned the match, but at least we got a bit of backstory on Paul from Reggie and got a little insight into his style. Overall, an okay episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

  10. #260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinkG07 View Post
    The reason Ash beat Brandon and Reggie and Paul didn't is because Ash takes the time to become one with his team. He doesn't battle just to battle, he battles because he wants to be the best, but also be friends with his pokemon. Paul has no connection to his pokemon, none, that's why he lost so badly. There was no heart to be found in that battle, just rage and anger.
    that and in ash's battle with brandon, brandon switched pokemon AND used all three regi's against paul.
    also, if paul used the team he always uses, he could have won.

    finally, ash used his reserves while paul used pokemon he does not usally use(nidoking, lairon, hariyama)

  11. #261
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Good episode.
    I loved how Paul was so angree when he lost Lairon.
    And it was cool to see Candice's Dodrio.
    I think Paul was just angry that he lost Brandon. Paul wanted to avenge Reggie when Reggie had lost to Brandon. I think that Dodrio is a Pokémon at the school and not actually Candice's.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,681

    Default

    I was rather surprised that Reggie ownes a Drapion. It's not a type that I would associate with him. I wonder how many powerhouses he has.

    Which of Pauls pokemon that he used against Brandon would have had an advantage over Candice's Medicham? I don't think any would've.. but they might just've overpowered it anyway..

    This was a good episode, I really liked the refreshing new faces on Paul's team. I'm quite fond of the Nido lines, so that was really cool. Just to bad that that Lairon and Magmar didn't evolve yet.. or they would've been a menaces to deal with.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  13. #263
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,794

    Default

    Good episode. I love how Dawn pretends she doesn't know what the Battle Frontier is. I'm sure Ash has told her that he was almost a frontier brain. I didn't like the Regi's cries though. Much better in Battle Frontier. Kind of funny to see Paul get swept, but I'm not sure how he did. He's trained as much as Ash. Probably some inner strength thing.

    7.5/10.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Where The Wild Things Are
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    I still can't believe, as strong as Paul is, that he couldn't take out 1 of Brandon's Regi's. Yet Ash, who he beats into the ground every time, defeated him at the BF, it doesn't make sense. But overall it was a good battle and it was nice to see some more of Paul's pokemon. Good episode.

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,135

    Default

    I really like how they handled this, Paul being wiped out easily by the person Ash managed to defeat. However there is an obvious explanation... Ash's battles against Brandon went like this:

    #1 - Ash wan't controlling Sceptile, the King of Pokelantis was. Sure, Regirock was well trained and really strong, but Ash came close to defeating it because the King was so brutal with his orders.

    #2 - Torkoal did well because Registeel was a fresh capture. Sure it's legendary and all that, but it hadn't been trained much before the battle.

    #3 - Ash used his four oldest, strongest and most trustworthy companions for this battle. Not only that, but he faced another freshly caught and untrained legendary, along with 3 standard Pokemon.


    Now we look at Pauls battle, where not only were his typing a little out of whack because he was prepared for an Ice Gym battle, but because he now faced 3 very powerful and well trained legendaries. Switching was also allowed on both sides, meaning Brandon could recall any Regi before it got worn down... Basically, Ash had it easy compared to Paul.

    Also just thought i'd point out that Candice's bio still doesn't include Dodrio?

  16. #266
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Great episode.... Paul lost because he somehow couldn't keep his cool in that battle. Perhaps he got a little emotional because of earlier memories.... the battle between Brandon and Reggie

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,855

    Default

    I hate how everyone in the bleachers love to talk crap when one is battling. It's not like Contests where everyone is cheering for you. But as soon as Ash or another trainer gets on a battle field, people love to shout bull$hit.

    My ideal battle ever!

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Purplesurge-Unreal IRC servers
    Posts
    6,698

    Default

    This episode was cool. It was great to see Brandon again. Interesting how it was revealed that Turtwig was actually Paul's starting Pokemon. Paul got absolutely thrashed in his battle with Brandon. It was cool to see how Reggie did way back when, when he battled Brandon and lost. Paul really didn't stand a chance in the battle. Brandon's Regis easily took down all 6 of his Pokemon. It was cool to see Paul's Torterra back when it used to be a Turtwig.

    60/100

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In my own world
    Posts
    5,496

    Default

    Was a very nice episode. Although I got tired of Dawn bringing that Pokedex for everyone except Regice, really Dawn? If I had been sitting in that stand I would have gone "Honey, put that damn Pokedex away and just watch the battle!"

    I wasn't even annoyed that she was pointing at the dex for some Pokemon she already knew, I can handle that when it's not a full frontal six on six battle and she brings it out everytime and just one or two Pokemon.

    I believe the reason Ash wasn't crushed is because he used four of his oldest Pokemon like someone said. Pokemon that are probably, especially for Charizard still training as the anime goes on. Paul has only battled one of his oldest Pokemon, while the others are not that old at all (At this point).

    I wonder though, since Brendon has gotten even more powerful, and is the second person to have crushed Paul without blinking, what would a battle between Brendon and Cynthia be like? Guess we will never know but it's nice to think about.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.


    Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

    And so the fifth generation begins...

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,855

    Default

    I would loved this episode but there was somethings in there that turned me off.

    Pros-

    Paul showing up is an A+
    Reggie
    Wonderful dialog and character development for them both. Makes you feel bad that Reggie is actually breeding, does it Brock?

    Cons-

    Dawn, Put the Pokedex away please. Looking at every Pokemon that came out made me want to bash the screen.

    Brock, could you not talk for five minutes. No one asked anything so you shouldn't say anything.

    Zoey, please leave. You're annoying and how dare you tell Paul he's being a jerk when you yourself wasn't that easy to deal with in the beginning.

    Brandon, you need some soft voice counseling or something. Do you need to yell every word you say?
    Last edited by Caseydia; 27th September 2011 at 1:02 AM.

    My ideal battle ever!

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,336

    Default

    Paul getting his Ase beaten into the ground was a long time overdue congrats Brandon.

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Paul really got slaughtered here. Though it never felt like he got any real consequences despite being the biggest jerk on the show. xD

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kalos region
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    This was a cool episode. Paul and Brandon's battle was great, It's nice to see Paul lose for a change.
    I liked how Zoey called Paul a jerk in this episode. XD
    Pokémon XY


    Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

    Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

  24. #274

    Default

    This was a great episode. Brandon the Pyramid King returns and Paul battles him here, though he gets destroyed by Brandon. It was a pretty good set up episode for the Ash vs Paul full battle that would come up a couple of episodes later. I give it a 10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •