Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pyramiding Rage (596)

Default A Pyramiding Rage (596)

Pyramid Battle! Brandon VS Paul!

While in Snowpoint City, with Zoey, Paul & Reggie all turning up, Ash & Co. are quick to discover that the Pyramid King, Brandon, has also arrived. After learning that Ash managed to defeat the legendary trainer, Paul quickly challenges Brandon to a battle. However, the battle is due to be a bigger challenge for Paul than he expected...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Needless to say, Paul got whitewashed. He used Magmar, Electabuzz, Ursaring, Nidoking, Hariyama & Lairon and he got destroyed. Didn't knock out one

The people on bulbapedia say that Paul isn't related to Brandon and that he loses.

|LJ| dA|

Paul got absolutely spanked 6-0. It was basically a reserve team though apart from Magmar and Electabuzz (and possibly Ursaring). It was nice to see Reggie and for Candice show up.

Protect the King

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji_Charizard View Post
    The people on bulbapedia say that Paul isn't related to Brandon and that he loses.
    Really? It's a shame if they're really not. And I gotta say I at least thought Paul would take down one or two of the Regis- he's a good enough trainer to at least manage one. And Lairon? Seriously? Surely he would have used Torterra in a match like this- it is established as being his usual ace- Aggron I can understand but it's unlike Paul to have a Lairon which isn't evolved yet in such an important battle. Haven't seen this episode yet, but so far I've not heard or read good things...

Does anyone know or magmar evolved?

|LJ| dA|

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    Really? It's a shame if they're really not. And I gotta say I at least thought Paul would take down one or two of the Regis- he's a good enough trainer to at least manage one. And Lairon? Seriously? Surely he would have used Torterra in a match like this- it is established as being his usual ace- Aggron I can understand but it's unlike Paul to have a Lairon which isn't evolved yet in such an important battle. Haven't seen this episode yet, but so far I've not heard or read good things...
    Unfortunately Brandon ignores the fact he has legendary Pokemon and switches his Pokemon, given Paul no real way to beat him or any of his Pokemon. Every Regi was like full health for every one of Paul's Pokemon.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji_Charizard View Post
    Does anyone know or magmar evolved?
    Nothing evolved

Serebii can you tell me against who Electubazz and Ursaring was fighting?
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Ursaring fought against Regice & Regirock. Electabuzz against Regirock

So Shinji and Jindai aren't related, eh? That's odd although I'm not too disappointed. It's fairly common for us in the fandom to relate two characters to each other but I'm a bit surprised because there were some connections they had like the Reiji - Regi connection. Makes me wonder if the writers just wanted to tease us.

Can't wait for screens! Imma email-subscribe for this thread so I get alerted right away.
    Does anyone know of that 2chan place where the earliest shots show up? I can never find my way around 2chan.

So if Ash was seeting there and seeing how Paul is loosing to Regice (while Paul knows that he defeated him),Paul is definitely imberased.

I hastily took about 60 screencaps of the episode in crappy Keyhole TV quality, ahaha...

I'm still like being desperate since the theory was not exactly directly addressed to either way and we're just now getting into a rather lengthy arc of epic episodes where more backstory could pop out at any time. Because it really does seem like there's more to this than what's been shown here. At least, that's kind of how I feel about it.

I am totally stoked that Paul got owned to pieces in the battle, though. That was totally appropriate.

Travels of the Trifecta! - Chronicles of an estranged family!

LJ | dA | Bulbagarden | ff.net

Diamond: 2749 - 7749 - 1840
    SoulSilver: 2364 - 7834 - 3761

So Brandon is Paul's father or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    So Brandon is Paul's father or not?
    No, unfortunatly he isn't.

|LJ| dA|

It's never addressed. Most think the "Jindai-san" and some other things mean that there's no relation, but I think we ought to really get through this saga up to 132 before making a decision. So I see it considered as unresolved right now.

They showed the battle Reggie-Brandon and how Reggie lost to him?
    If yes, what they showed?

They did show the flashback. Reggie had a Drapion... I believe against Regirock. Reggie was shut down and Brandon said some really harsh things to him (that seem to still bug Reggie today) and Paul and his then-Turtwig looked really angry at whatever Brandon said.

And I really do want to know what exactly was said...

Brandons got a very ugly gorilla like face i thought he may not be Paul and rejis father. If you think about it the only similar thing are there eyebrows

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    They did show the flashback. Reggie had a Drapion... I believe against Regirock. Reggie was shut down and Brandon said some really harsh things to him (that seem to still bug Reggie today) and Paul and his then-Turtwig looked really angry at whatever Brandon said.

And I really do want to know what exactly was said...
    But where is Staraptor and Bibarel? they showed them too?

Edit:
    Paul and Turtwig
    Young Reggie
    Last edited by Ash-kid; 21st May 2009 at 2:05 PM.

They only showed Drapion, actually.

Was the battle worth to watch or just it was rushed?

Someone told me that they showed the battles with ANABEL SPENSER and LUCY??

Which Pokemon Reggie used VS them?

I think they just showed them superimposed over a map of Kanto.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdStaraptor View Post
    Was the battle worth to watch or just it was rushed?

It didn't seem too bad from what I gathered, it was just extremely one sided.

It was a pretty good episode from what I gathered, with a nice flashback seeing a smaller Paul and his Turtwig, and a slightly more agressive looking Reggie. Still, I was hoping Paul would at least be able to take down one of Brandons Reji's. I REALLY want Paul to beat Ash now.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast