Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: A Pyramiding Rage (596)

Ah, loved this episode when I first saw this a couple of months ago and still love it when I saw it earlier.

Now I thought Paul's match with Cynthia a while back was bad enough...Brandon wiped the floor with him today. If only Paul knew that when Ash's Torkoal fought against Registeel, it at least put up a decent fight and stood standing longer than Magmar.

Oh but let me focus away from that.

Reggie <3

Hmm...and Shrine Maiden Mikoto = Temple Maiden Maria...okay. I'll have to tell a friend of mine that.

Okay back to mentioning Paul. Zoey's best moment was calling Paul a jerk. Not to his face. But still! *claps*

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

the episode was good loved the battle

this episode turned me in to a Paul x Zoey shipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Straitos View Post
    What's funny is Nidoking is 2x weak to ice yet Paul ridicules Ash for using Grotle who is also 2x weak to ice.
    well the candice battle most likely will not be 6 vs 6.
    Last edited by Linkdarkside; 18th October 2009 at 3:35 PM.

Sorry, I haven't been able to watch this week's episode until now, thus here's a little bit shorter review than usually:

To be honest, I don't quite know what to say about it because this episode was almost flawless! I was lookin forward to it for the whole weekend and I wasn't disappointed in the end.
    On the contrary, I was overwhelmed by two awesome,terrific,head-spinning, great (...to be continued) aspects: First, the interesting gathering of so many awesome characters: Zoey, Candice, Reggie and ,of course, Paul and Brandon. This could only be surpasses by an appearance of Her Majesty Cynthia herself.
    And then the breath-taking and almost epic battle between Paul and the Pyramid King. One word (although words are sometimes insufficient to express your feelings): fantastic!

Guys, look: Whenever I rant about a disappointing or cheap battle, then it's only because this episode clearly proved that the writers are in fact capable of making great battles. It is exactly THIS KIND OF BATTLES which I long to see. Writers, keep it up and PLEASE after that battle spare us cheap DEM victories and unspectacular battles in the future. Yeah I'm somewhat obsessed with power as well, but that isn't such a bad thing after all! And this is leading me to a statement which I strongly disagree with:
    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup
    while now with Paul the battle was supposed to teach a character that his way of training is wrong - and what's better than a big lose for that?
    No way. Brandon explicitly acknowledged how Paul had trained his Pokemon. Never did he even mention that Paul's way was wrong! The only lesson Brandon wanted to teach Paul was that he had to learn to control his emotion better. If he had disapproved of Paul as a trainer, why do you think would he have said that he was looking forward to battling him again some day?

Anyways, as I said before, an almost flawless episode with great characters, intriguing background information and a breath-taking battle.
    This episode is bound to go down in history of Pokemon as one of the most exciting and the best!

9 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Well, Roark wasn't kidding when he said gym leaders (and I suppose battle frontier brains as well) don't read comic books in their extra time. Brandon was much, much stronger than I remember.

I laughed every single time Dawn checked her pokedex. I'm sure the writers meant that as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by wind21 View Post
    Well, Roark wasn't kidding when he said gym leaders (and I suppose battle frontier brains as well) don't read comic books in their extra time. Brandon was much, much stronger than I remember.
    No kidding, this episode really made me remember how much I want to see Ash re-challenge the Kanto Pokemon League and have a rematch with all the gym leaders.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

What's funny is Nidoking is 2x weak to ice yet Paul ridicules Ash for using Grotle who is also 2x weak to ice.
    Wtf u talkin about Nidoking isn't 2x weak to ice. Poison types aren't weak against ice.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    Wtf u talkin about Nidoking isn't 2x weak to ice. Poison types aren't weak against ice.
    Actually Nidoking does have a 2x weakness to ice because it is a Ground-type. It wasn't the Poison they were talking about, it was the Ground part of Nidoking.

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    Actually Nidoking does have a 2x weakness to ice because it is a Ground-type. It wasn't the Poison they were talking about, it was the Ground part of Nidoking.
    o yea I'm thinking 1x is super effective and 2x is double. i forgot there's a 4x........
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I saw the dub an hour ago. It was the same as the Japanese version pretty much.

Except for the music of course and Paul.

Paul seemed quite mean in this version.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Except for the music of course and Paul.

Paul seemed quite mean in this version.
    What are you talking about the best piece of music was kept in the dub. The part were Paul had his last pokemon.

This battle had me at the edge of my seat, now and back when it was in Japanese. It only makes me more excited to see Ash vs Paul in English, because it was epic in the Japanese version.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Continuing from the cliffhanger from the previous episode:

- Paul challenges Candice to a Gym War. Unfortunately, Ash beat him to the punch, so he has to wait. Ha ha ha.
    - Huh?? WTF is the Battle Pyramid floating around here for?!
    - Oh, Reggie is here as well, & we don't know why...
    - We come to find out that Reggie hasn't gotten the Pyramid Symbol... which is something that Ash has. I'm sure that will get Paul's attention.
    - They arrive at the Pyramid's landing site... & here comes Candice on a Dodrio. I dunno if it belongs to her, but whatever...
    - Well, looks like Brandon is here for the Snowpoint Temple, which is made apparent by one of the Temple attendees coming to him with a notice from the temple or something like that...
    - Paul, on the other hand, has other things in mind with Brandon, like fighting him.
    - Of course, Brandon isn't going to deny him one...
    - TR again..., except this time, they bicker amongst themselves for the reason being that they all want to go to different places.
    - As for the fight itself, I unfortunately can't give away the exact details, as there was a lot of switching out, but regardless, it's very intense.
    - Paul's actually losing to Brandon, so he starts going bi-polar.
    - He unfortunately suffers a humiliating defeat at the hands of Brandon & his Regis.
    - Just as soon as they walk out, they make plans to have Ash & Paul fight each other to the death, in the Lake Acuity PC. I'd like to see that.
    - Something came up in the Snowpoint Temple! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

It was really nice to see Paul get beaten to a bloody pulp by Brandon. With Paul, if Ash can't defeat him, then chances are, the only way anyone can win against him is with the use of Ubers &/or Legendaries. Brandon has three Legendaries on him, & that's how he won, for the most part.

Really enjoyed that. Great battle and I also enjoyed the mix of characters like Zoey, Candice and Reggie joining in as well. Shame that Zoey couldnt stick around for longer though i wanted to see her and Paul interact. Team Rocket also made me laugh in this episode as well with their undecisons. And Paul needs some anger theraphy lol but we finally understand the way he reacts. And good to see Brandon again as well ^_^

I enjoyed this episode. The battle was real interesting. It was crazy for the fact Paul lost 6-0. and Brandon only used the Regis and none of his other pokemon.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    What are you talking about the best piece of music was kept in the dub. The part were Paul had his last pokemon.

This battle had me at the edge of my seat, now and back when it was in Japanese. It only makes me more excited to see Ash vs Paul in English, because it was epic in the Japanese version.
    Most of the music was replaced with music made for the dub.

I don't care about the part with Paul, I am talking about all the music in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Regice's is my now my personal favorite as it sounds very alienish.....
    Just as it did a few years ago.

Who says Paul was going to use Nidoking in his Gym battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    this episode turned me in to a Paul x Zoey shipper.
    B***hshipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    If it was a six on six battle, how come Brandon never used his Solrock, Ninjask and Dusclops/Dusknoir?
    Cause people are more excited when Legendaries show up.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    The Regis have awesome robotic voices, and Regice's is my now my personal favorite as it sounds very alienish.
    Their voices were ok.

Were these their original voices or dub voices? I forget :S

One of the lines from the show keeps playing in my head ever since I saw it:

"No! All wrapped up in the past! Why do you walk the Pokemon path, then? Tell me, why do you battle!?"

That could be taken as a way of looking at life.

.....yeah......if re-worded.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    .....yeah......if re-worded.
    I twist things.

This episode was notable for me, because it was a slugfest done well. I remember Ash vs. Morrisson and Ash vs. Tyson in the Hoenn Pokémon League, both of which I found hugely disappointing because they just seemed to boil down to "Hit him with powerful attack X!" and "Hit it back with powerful attack Y!". But this one was fast-paced and packed with power, yet it involved Pokémon using power quite cleverly to pre-empt an attack or strike when there was an opening. We also had some more emotions in there as well other than the standard determination... and Brandon's "NO!" was just the icing on the cake
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

The reason Ash beat Brandon and Reggie and Paul didn't is because Ash takes the time to become one with his team. He doesn't battle just to battle, he battles because he wants to be the best, but also be friends with his pokemon. Paul has no connection to his pokemon, none, that's why he lost so badly. There was no heart to be found in that battle, just rage and anger.

It was, sad to see Paul lost like that, and after that he still did not think Ash was better than him.
    If you think Ruby and Sapphire were the Best games ever and deserve remakes put this in your sig(Started by Clubfoot)

IF you think Gen 3 was the best Gen ever put this in your sig(Started by Clubfoot)

Oh man. I watched this episode about four or five times in Japanese. For some reason, I just could not get enough of Paul getting slammed around. And when he got mad? Priceless.

I've only seen a little bit of the English dub, but did Regi's voice seem funny to anyone else? Or was it just the beginning? Or is it just me?

Mewtwo heads my party on GPX+!

Quote Originally Posted by LinkG07 View Post
    The reason Ash beat Brandon and Reggie and Paul didn't is because Ash takes the time to become one with his team. He doesn't battle just to battle, he battles because he wants to be the best, but also be friends with his pokemon. Paul has no connection to his pokemon, none, that's why he lost so badly. There was no heart to be found in that battle, just rage and anger.
    Also, Ash used four of his strongest Pokémon in the final battle. Paul didn't even have Torterra with him because of the Snowpoint Gym. If he did have Torterra, he probably could have beaten at least one of the Regis.

If Ursaring's Focus Blast had hit Regice, Regice probably would have lost. Why did it take so long for Ursaring to charge up Focus Blast? It's not a move where you have to charge up.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I liked this episode and Paul loosing against another important trainer, it shows Paul has to change some aspects that doesn't let him progress.

This episode also gives Ash something Paul doesn't have, it makes that frontier symbol more valuable.

And Regice "voice" is funny!
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast