Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pyramiding Rage (596)

Yep, the Kanto Frontier Brains were just shown in a brief montage of superimposed images over Kanto. I personally liked the battle, if not only for the fact that Paul just completely flipped out eventually, which is a first for this series. Not to mention he got flattened even worse here than he did when he fought Cynthia. The battle overall lasted at least half of the episode, though.

Reggie's flashback only showed him vs Brandon, and it only showed him with Drapion.

Travels of the Trifecta! - Chronicles of an estranged family!

LJ | dA | Bulbagarden | ff.net

Diamond: 2749 - 7749 - 1840
    SoulSilver: 2364 - 7834 - 3761

I don't know about you guys, but Paul will always be Brandon's son in my canon.

:<

I think one of the reasons Paul lost was because of his weird choices. Nidoking, Lairon, and Hariyama, who are they, where did they come from? Why did you (Paul) use them?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I think one of the reasons Paul lost was because of his weird choices. Nidoking, Lairon, and Hariyama, who are they, where did they come from? Why did you (Paul) use them?
    Why? because the types. Nido(Fight), Hariama(Fight), Magmar(Fire).
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but Paul will always be Brandon's son in my canon.

:<
    S-same. But I still think it's too early for the theory to be proclaimed dead at this point. It was never addressed. So my blindly-optimistic side tells me maybe there will be a moment in 129 (like after Brandon gets blasted and stonified) that could easily break the barrier. Either that or we get more detailed backstory during the Ash/Paul fight.

Until that point, I'm saying it's still 50/50 either way. Because they're dropping a huge, huge ball of a storyline to simply say it was all a coincidence. Paul's a shady guy, after all. Still holding in quite a bit, I imagine.

I still find it weird that he never used Torterra at all, too. Especially since they showed it as a Turtwig in the flashback sharing Paul's sentiments towards Brandon.

So Brandon, Paul and Reggie, aren't familly, huh?
    It was nice seing Paul's Torterra as an Turtwig...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Why? because the types. Nido(Fight), Hariama(Fight), Magmar(Fire).
    Okay first of all Nioking isn't a fighting type, it's poison/ground, secondly in my post I never said Magmar..
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I still say it's up in the air. They never gave a direct "yes" or "no" answer. And I think the next few episodes could still show us something.

I didn't have a problem with Nidoking or Hariyama. They're both strong Pokemon, and Hariyama's Fighting type is SE against all three Regi. Besides the main characters, we rarely learn how other trainers got their Pokemon, so it's no big deal with Paul having non-Sinnoh Pokemon...

Lairon's kinda weird though.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I didn't have a problem with Nidoking or Hariyama. They're both strong Pokemon, and Hariyama's Fighting type is SE against all three Regi. Besides the main characters, we rarely learn how other trainers got their Pokemon, so it's no big deal with Paul having non-Sinnoh Pokemon...

Lairon's kinda weird though.
    Even so, for all we know they could be new captures, I mean why didn't he use Torterra, it's at least super effective against both Regirock and Registeel (if it used a ground type). I mean if Paul said they were his old Pokemon, his valued Pokemon, then I'd be partially fine. But Paul's Pokemon didn't even put a scratch on the Regi's. Ash's Pokemon at least did more damage. And those were one on one's too (Regirock, Registeel).

It just seems to be too much for Paul to think he would win if he wasn't using his strongest team, I mean he chose Ursaring, and we know for a fact that one is fairly new (caught in Sinnoh, when Ash was in Sinnoh).
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 21st May 2009 at 2:15 PM.

Yes, maybe he will throw them(Lairon, Hariyama and Nidoking) because they did not proove them'selves.
    Hey, Kojiro, you are from Japan? What the hour now in Japan?

Nidoking did use a powerful Earthquake attack against Registeel which for a moment looked like it would have knocked Registeel out.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Nidoking did use a powerful Earthquake attack against Registeel which for a moment looked like it would have knocked Registeel out.
    So Japan is comfortable with earthquake now? Then I hope to see Donphan and Tauros use their ground type moves again.

In any case so Paul got close to knocking out one of them, I guess the deciding factor was Brandon being able to switch.

Yes Torterra has not used although he has an advantage against Regirock.
    Hey Serebii what about the Anime'dex? you are fixing the episodes that I mentioned?

His choice of pokemon were probably for battling candice, paul would've been unaware of brandon being in snowpoint and so just used the pokemon he had on him. shame about him being unable knock him just one regi, since when are frontier brains allowed to switch out in battle?

Good, now we can stop with the argument that Earthquake was "banned".

Regarding the "Jindai-san" thing, remember that this is the series that has Oak refer to a close friend as "Satoshi no Mama-san" (that's "Ash's Mother" or "Mrs Ash's Mother") even though they've known each other for years and take vacations together. And according to one of the writers, Oak "takes care of her like a daughter" (something I think is bull, but still).
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Will somebody please write out exactly how the battle went? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by victreebel007 View Post
    His choice of pokemon were probably for battling candice, paul would've been unaware of brandon being in snowpoint and so just used the pokemon he had on him. shame about him being unable knock him just one regi, since when are frontier brains allowed to switch out in battle?
    i doubt the battle was official, if it had been then i'm sure the stipulation of Brandon not being allowed to substitute would've been put into effect, but it was more of a personal battle from Paul's veiw than a battle for a symbol.

I looked at the pics supplied by Filb.de. It wasn't earthquake (at least I don't think so) it had the same animation as Alan's Probopass so I think it was earth power not earthquake. Not sure there's much of a difference though.

I've gotta say, this is all quite the surprise. It's been about 60 episodes since we first spotted the missing symbol in Reggie's collection, and now it all pays off. I'm impressed, writers.

Just from all that's said here, it seems like this episode is well worth it. ^_^ Sweet!

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

Suzuna gets a 3rd episode after all!
    That's all I care about. Screw anything else vital that occured in this.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Lol I cant believe this is Paul
    http://i43.*******.com/mu94b5.jpg

First time I see him smiling on a non-cruel way. xD
    Last edited by Shinji_Charizard; 21st May 2009 at 8:46 PM.

|LJ| dA|

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji_Charizard View Post
    Lol I cant believe this is Paul
    http://i43.*******.com/mu94b5.jpg
    I know! Is it me, or does Paul look alot happier and calmer there?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast