Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pyramiding Rage (596)

All of the Regi's voices sounded crap now compared to those in AG. What have they done? KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Also, neat continuity from DP15 when Satoshi remembered how Shinji used an Brick Break-spamming Elekid against Hyouta's rock types.

I'm guessing that Paul didn't aim to win - he just wanted to test his Pokémon. If he used his best, it would have been somewhat closer.

Or this could have been his team for Candice.
    Favorite Pokémon: Torterra, Staraptor, Luxray, Arcanine, Feraligatr, Gardevoir

PM me to trade! All my traded Pokémon will be infected with, or have had, Pokérus.

FC: 5026 8091 0980

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! !!!!!!!!!!! I knew Paul was going to lose, but this...this...complete and utter decimation...that was more than I'd ever even dreamed of seeing! THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!! IN YO FACE, PAUL!!!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Regirock ended up defeating 4 of Paul's pokemon.

I know it beat Ursaring, Magmar, Electabuzz and Hariyama.

Regice beat Lairon and either Registeel or Regice beat Nidoking.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Errrm...

I'm not sure if this is true (it's on Wikipedia), but a potential answer as to why Torterra wasn't used.

"Paul has a battle with pyramid king Brandon using his Nidoking, Lairon, Magmar, Electabuzz, Ursaring and Hariyama. He looses with Brandon who looses none of his pokemon. He reveals to Ash he has released Torterra after Ash trys to thank Torterra for teaching Grotle how to defend then attack. He also seems to have released his Honchkrow after the PokeRinger competition."

Am I the only one who thought Regice sounded hilarious?

I'm not sure if this is true (it's on Wikipedia),
    Nothing further needed have been said.

This battle wasn't a offical battle so Brandon was allow to switch out his regis.

This battle wasn't offical so Brandon was allow to switch out his regis.

Holy mother of continuity. Not only did we get Frontier Brain references, but they actually acknowledged Reggie's lack of Brandon's symbol, which was a very minor visual detail that was not even spoken about back in Veilstone.

First, lemme get some more Suzuna raves out of the way - very pleased she got an additional episode. No, she didn't do too much, but it was nice of her to get an introduction to Brandon. The fact that she randomly rides a Dodrio is awesome, with the ending honeymoon with Zoey on Dodrio being the ultimate clincher. If she leaves the show there, then hot damn, she went out in some ****ing style. Consider me more turned on then ever. XP

Speaking of Zoey, it seems my newfound enjoyment of her character is, in fact, fully justified for reasons other than having "girl time" with Suzuna (in your face, skeptics). I loved her snapping at Paul, although I actually wish the rest of the gang let her go off and act nosy about Paul's attitude and Pokemon treatment. I also liked Reggie's role in this, particularly the whole flashback which gave some further insight into the Paul/Reggie family (though unfortunately not Brandon).

The battle itself was...okay. Even though it was more fastly paced than Snowpoint Gym, being about as one-sided as Paul vs. Cynthia, and I miss the Regis' robotic voices, it is always entertaining to see Paul taken down a peg and still see him remain an asswipe. I liked seeing Lairon on Paul's team, since Aggron has gotten so many appearances. I especially like how they protrayed the mercy of the whole scenario with the ballad BGM playing during Magmar's 3rd time out and how Paul's defeat was reflecting his brother's. I hope you dub viewers don't get robbed of that.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

You see people? You've gotten your hopes up so high you're now disappointed there is seemingly nothing between Paul & Jindai. Don't fret though, Jindai is probably going to be around for the 6 on 6 battle, I'm sure we will learn more between then and now. Time for my comments.

- Wait, I thought Reiji was a red head.
    - Who was that woman that came from out of nowhere?
    - No real flashbacks covering the Battle Frontier saga? Poo
    - Team Rocket, the show will NOT go off the airwaves if you stay out of ONE F*CKING EPISODE!!!! Seriously, they did NOTHING this episode, where they really needed period? The show is nearly at the 600 episode milestone, isn't it time they give it a short rest? Good God.
    - Needless to say, I haven't enjoyed seeing a Pokemon battle like that in a long time. I do think it's not of Paul's character to have a Lairon though, I would have expected it be fully evolved.
    - I really dig the voices of the Regi's, especially Regice.
    - Okay Ash, you gotta do me a huge favor and pay attention to this. You know Paul's Hariyama, Nidoking and Lairon? You haven't seen them before. You know your Sceptile, Glalie, Muk, Kingler, etc? Paul hasn't seen them before. To balance out the big picture, G-DARNED USE SOME OF YOUR RESERVES IN THE 6 ON 6 FIGHT! I GUARANTEE PAUL WILL DO THE SAME!
    - Well, I'm looking forward to the next episode. This will be my first time actually seeing J (as old as she is? o_O) so this should be a treat.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

So, Paul got royally pwned by Brandon, huh? You can tell he's not gonna take that very well.

Who here wants to bet that when Ash and Paul have their battle that Paul will do something illegal in his desire to win? Maybe something like having one of his Pokemon attack Ash directly in a fit of rage...

It's a longshot, sure, but it'd be totally awesome if it happened.

Lairon? I thought Paul would normally have an Aggron.

Kinda neat that Candice has a Dodrio though.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful_Blaziken88 View Post
    Errrm...

I'm not sure if this is true (it's on Wikipedia), but a potential answer as to why Torterra wasn't used.

"Paul has a battle with pyramid king Brandon using his Nidoking, Lairon, Magmar, Electabuzz, Ursaring and Hariyama. He looses with Brandon who looses none of his pokemon. He reveals to Ash he has released Torterra after Ash trys to thank Torterra for teaching Grotle how to defend then attack. He also seems to have released his Honchkrow after the PokeRinger competition."
    Wikipedia

nuff said.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Errrm...

Bwhahahahahahaha, oh that is a good one.

Why the hell would Paul release his Starter, and why the hell would he wait to release Honchkrow, oh man who ever wrote that is um....needs help.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

that is very silly and stupid I mean Paul already knew Torterra helped Grotle

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Regice sounded hilarious?

Nothing further needed have been said.
    How did regice sound?

Errrm...

Every time Paul loses it's pathetic. He is demolished, it's not even close. I actually think he did slightly better against Cynthia than he did against Brandon. At least Garchomp seemed to be in some major pain when Torterra came out.

Anyway, Honchkrow and Torterra are confirmed to be in the Ash vs Paul episode. It's the third time Ash faces the crow I guess. No wonder the thing is the only pokemon of Paul's that shows up in the opening.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Paul evolves Magmar in the span of the next 3 eps, given he has Magmortar in the 2-part battle.

I think its about time Electabuzz evolves too, Electrivire is a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Needless to say, Paul got whitewashed. He used Magmar, Electabuzz, Ursaring, Nidoking, Hariyama & Lairon and he got destroyed. Didn't knock out one
    and yet ash managed 2 defeat him even though it took 3 tries. 1st 1 didnt really count and the 2nd 1 was close. paul better know that pikachu alone defeated regice.
    Last edited by STICKTOPIA; 20th September 2009 at 4:08 AM.
    Ash's team right now

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    I've gotta say, this is all quite the surprise. It's been about 60 episodes since we first spotted the missing symbol in Reggie's collection, and now it all pays off. I'm impressed, writers.
    u mean since veilstone?
    Ash's team right now

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Wikipedia

nuff said.
    yea nuff said
    Ash's team right now

I find it strange that Paul had a Lairon. I mean, Tyranitar, Aggron, or even Dragonite would have been more believable and wouldn't have been knocked out so easily. Great Episode, nice to see Paul get demolished.

I liked the episode a lot. Paul got creamed in this episode. But how odd that Paul has a Lairon, I really liked his Nidoking though. ^^

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

So, based on the pictures on the first page...

While Paul was going through the Kanto gyms, Reggie was doing the Battle Frontier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

This episode was depressing. It was also one of those episodes where you missed something important if you didn't understand Japanese. I fear for Paul's sense of self; I don't want Ash to beat him. The anime really needs to start showing how good a trainer Paul can actually be.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast