Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pyramiding Rage (596)

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    This episode was depressing. It was also one of those episodes where you missed something important if you didn't understand Japanese. I fear for Paul's sense of self; I don't want Ash to beat him. The anime really needs to start showing how good a trainer Paul can actually be.
    How was this episode depressing? Paul is not a bad trainer, its just that he's not as skilled as he thought he is. The anime has consistently shown Paul being good battlewise although heartless.

I don't even get how you came to your conclusion.

This was an awesome episode. I really felt bad for Paul after the match was over and the sad music started to play as Magmar was the last one standing...

Episode rating overall (even if Brandon wasn't mentioned as being Paul's dad)= 10/10

Yay for Turtwig in a flashback! xP

This was an awesome episode. I really felt bad for Paul after the match was over and the sad music started to play as Magmar was the last one standing...

Episode rating overall (even if Brandon wasn't mentioned as being Paul's dad)= 10/10

Yay for Turtwig in a flashback! xP

Excellent episode! I give Hirooka a 9 out of 10 for this.

The only downside I would say is Brandon was allowed to rotate his pokemon.
    So regirock has been in Brandon's arsenal for quite sometime now and I thought all the regis were newly caught when Ash battled them.

no paul got thrashed
    did you see the smug look on ash's face when he lost,
    oh well, i hope lairon and haryama don't stay on his team
    wanna brawl?

-Charizard is the greatest pokemon.
    BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM!

I don't mind lairon......it can only mean an Aggron come the league and though Aggron has been done to death at this point, I still like it.

Sigh, Ash-kid, how about you actually look at the pictures or watch the episode before asking a million questions, it will be a lot easier to understand then.

So did Paul and Reggie travel Kanto together?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    So, what's the count now?:

- Roark: 5 episodes (oreburgh and the father-son dispute episode)
    6, he also was the ref for Ash and Byron's battle.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 23rd May 2009 at 1:45 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

It was disappointing by any strecth of the imagination but i still thought it might be a bit better sadly

Loved Pauls reaction to Ash when he found out he beat him
    Nice lil battle frontier scene with the map nd the 7 brains
    The temple guardian appearing was good
    Brock being the ref again is always good lol
    My god Paul was getting owned for this whole match
    I liked the flashback of Regiie and seeing Paul with Turtwig
    Wow Paul has a Lairon which was surprising
    Poor Paul lost lol thought he would alright
    We got a reference to some pokemon contest i'm not so sure where though
    and bye bye to Zoey for now lol

Could somebody please tell me what Brandon and Reggie said that got a huge reaction from Paul and Ash at the end of the episode?????

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Okay regirock was probably his first regi as regice was his last he caught it who knows where but

Ok, this episode was pretty awesome. It wasn't a boring 3 on 3 battle between to random trainers, it was an actual 6 on 6 battle (even if Brandon used 3 pokemon only) and two amazing trainers, Brandon and Paul.
    I loved the fact that Paul used pokemon we haven't seen before, that made things a bit more exciting, even if we could predict they'd all lose to Brandon's Regirock, Regice and Registeel.
    I loved it how Paul was continuously being scolded by Brandon, e.g. "What is the reason you fight for?", "Your pokemon are strong, but they lack the strength in the battlefield, there is no connection between you and them, you dont put your heart into the battle.". Hopefully he can take these pieces of advice into consideration, although I doubt so.
    Ash is the finest trainer of all, having beaten Brandon, who so easily defeated Paul, who in turn is considered to be a decent trainer.
    It was also sad to see Candice go, but her riding a Dodrio was pretty exciting. I kept thinking she'd fall off.

P.S. Loved Paul's face when he found out Ash had battled and defeated Brandon. Never seen that face before.
    A nice link with the next episode has been established.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

Wow, it's been a while since I've watched a new episode and well I was very impressed! Sucks for anyone in Kanto who needs their final symbol though.

Send me a PM if you got any questions! Currently have $125 in amazon gift cards.

Some times, Wikipedia doesn't tell the truth. Check Bulbapedia, that tells the truth and it is based on Pokemon. The battles seems interesting. I expected Paul to lose. That is what he gets when he is mean to his brother!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I actually felt sorry for Paul. The sad music when only Magmar was left got to me.

Also Joe, don't forget that Candice's Bio needs updating too with Dodrio.
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 22nd May 2009 at 9:32 PM.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

I bet Brandon will reveal himself to be Paul's dad. Or not.

Paul got one embarrassing loss, especially with Lairon. I believe it was the only one who didn’t land a shot, it didn’t even move It just got frozen and then zapped.

The sad music at the end made his loss so dramatic. Earth Power is like an upgraded version of Earthquake.

What was up with Regice's voice?O_O

Paul should just put on a dress and start going by the name Mary Poppins cause he is about as threatening as her. That was a rather sad attempt.
    Last edited by Lipo; 22nd May 2009 at 10:45 PM.

Ahh, Zoey, you always seem to make me laugh.
    I for one am not sad that Paul lost. It's about time he got knocked down a notch or two. Anyhow, it was a pretty good episode, which isn't really surprising, I figured it would be anyway.

Wow! Shinji totally got pwned by Brandon. It's a shame really. I bet Ash was like "Hahahaha! Serve you right you arrogant son of a b*tch!" in his mind after watching Shinji's defeat.

No, despite his dislike of Paul's ways of training, he has shown to be sympathetic towards him.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 23rd May 2009 at 1:53 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Check Bulbapedia, that tells the truth and it is based on Pokemon.
    Uncle Torpy, how much does it cost to ride the unicorn? And can I feed it a magical fairy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    What was up with Regice's voice?O_O
    Fun with helium. Hey, we all try it at one point or another...
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I for one still believe that there is a hope for Brandon to be Paul and Reggie's dad. Why would Paul have such anger towards Brandon if all he did was watch his brother begin defeated by Brandon. I particularly liked Paul's face when Ash recongized the Battle Pyramid. But I don't know if Paul knows that Ash won. I still believe that Brandon will be reavealed to be Paul's dad.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Why does it say on Wikipedia that Paul told Ash he released Torterra? It also says he released Honchrow.
    Last edited by King Charizard; 23rd May 2009 at 5:36 AM.
    Total Shinies 233

My DP Team

Because idiots edit Wikipedia and add stupid and untrue stuff.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Slowking[George] View Post
    Ok, this episode was pretty awesome. It wasn't a boring 3 on 3 battle between to random trainers, it was an actual 6 on 6 battle (even if Brandon used 3 pokemon only) and two amazing trainers, Brandon and Paul.
    I loved the fact that Paul used pokemon we haven't seen before, that made things a bit more exciting, even if we could predict they'd all lose to Brandon's Regirock, Regice and Registeel.
    I loved it how Paul was continuously being scolded by Brandon, e.g. "What is the reason you fight for?", "Your pokemon are strong, but they lack the strength in the battlefield, there is no connection between you and them, you dont put your heart into the battle.". Hopefully he can take these pieces of advice into consideration, although I doubt so.
    Ash is the finest trainer of all, having beaten Brandon, who so easily defeated Paul, who in turn is considered to be a decent trainer.
    Yes, it was very satisfying to see Paul get defeated easily, while getting scolded. Hopefully, it'll culminate in some sort of breakdown on his end, particularly if Ash wins the next battle (in my opinion, anyway.) I also liked how Paul seemed to get more desperate as the battle went on: you could hear it in his voice.
    Last edited by Fofa; 23rd May 2009 at 8:24 AM.
    Xatu's FireRed Pokedex states: "In South America, it is said that its right eye sees the future and its left eye views the past." This is the Pokemon world. South America doesn't exist!

I'm here too. . .DeviantArt Account

Read my fanfic! The Trial
    Contestshipping, R rated

This episode was all sorts of epic - to see Paul get crushed like that was sort of amazing and the sad music that began playing made me sympathize with Paul. I'm still trying to figure out what Paul said to Ash at the beginning of the episode but I guess I'll have to wait for some translations.

I loved Paul's expressions in this episode- you hardly ever see him lose his cool, and he was really losing it in that battle. I wonder how if the dub will emote it that well too. His shocked expressions were awesome too, especially when he and Reggie found out Ash had fought Brandon and won.

Hopefully, it'll culminate in some sort of breakdown on his end, particularly if Ash wins the next battle (in my opinion, anyway.)
    I hope so too. Maybe it'll be a turning point in Paul's training methods and Paul admitting that Ash is a strong trainer.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites" - Karen. Ilu so much ;;

Ships I ship: Advancedshipping, SilverxYellow, Collideshipping, Jadeshipping, Luckyshipping, Chosenshipping, Respectshipping
    OTPS: Palletshipping/Originalshipping, Pikashipping, Preciousmetalshipping
    OT3s: Prismshipping

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast