Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: A Pyramiding Rage (596)

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    The Regi trio were very powerful. To be honest, I can't stand Paul. First he treats pokemon like tools, then he disrespects the trainers who works hard and bond with their pokemon. Take Maylene for instance, after he easily crush her, he said that she's the weakest gym leader. I don't like that. Then if one of his pokemon didn't meet his expections, he abandon it, just like he abandoned Chimchar. Thankfully Ash pick him up and pleases Chimchar.
    Considering he beat Maylene down easier than our dear Champion Cynthia did him, and that Paul struggled against Roark and so on...

Yeah. He was in his full right to say that. Maylene, as far as she showed her skill vs Paul, was about as skilled as a baby saying "gaga". You can say it was mean, but I'm a rather nice guy and I'd probably say something like... "Wow, that sure was easy compared to the other gym leaders..." anyway!

Not that it makes any sense in regards to the game though. Roark is not wanted to become a gym leader and only gets the spot because the guy wanted for the position turned it down... and when defeated he says he's by far the weakest Gym leader in Sinnoh.

Meanwhile, Maylene in the games was so strong that she got promoted to her position without realising it.

But meh, I'm nitpicking. And Maylene's awesome. Perhaps she's far from the best trainer in the series, but she could kick Paul butt in a fight(lol, kicking aura spheres around, getting blown up by aura spheres when not prepared and takes less damage than our dear Rockets).

*Starts shipping PaulxMaylene for no reason other than that she can beat him silly*

Quote Originally Posted by Shinnie-tan View Post
    I was watching this episode again and well...my brain sort of derailed at the beginning when Suzuna called Nozomi "Nozocchi"(cutest nick name ever!!!) and I now jump onboard the Candice/Zoey ship. I really wonder how they'll translate the nick name in the dub.

I can't believe I didn't catch that the first time round.
    Candy.
    Last edited by RWB; 8th August 2009 at 12:49 AM.

The episode was quite good. Nice to see Reggie, and Candice got more screen time. The battle was great, but Paul suffered a bad loss. I wondered if he could've done better if he wasn't so emotional that time, and/or if he had his regular team instead of his reserves. He does have a lot of repressed anger, doesn't he? It's a waste the writers didn't make Brandon... Paul's father.

BACK

Quote Originally Posted by Fofa View Post
    Finally, someone who agrees with my view on Paul. Thank you!
    Your welcome. Hopefully that Ash defeat Paul in the Sinnoh League to teach him the error of his ways of the relationship between human and pokemon.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Paul lost :O

I think that it was a good idea of Paul to use Harryama, even when you consider the results. All four Regis share a common weakness to Fighting-types, so even Regigigas would've been at a type dissadvantage had he been there.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

I think it was after Nidoking went down, Paul whispered to himslef and then started to yell at Brandon. Anyone have any idea what he was saying?

I don't mean to ask you this but, what do they saying in the episode? Got any subbed ideas?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

Quote Originally Posted by totallylost View Post
    I think it was after Nidoking went down, Paul whispered to himslef and then started to yell at Brandon. Anyone have any idea what he was saying?
    We'll have an idea when it comes out in english.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    We'll have an idea when it comes out in english.
    I see. But just in three more episodes. We will understand what they saying in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    I see. But just in three more episodes. We will understand what they saying in English.
    You mean four.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Yes! Two good battles in a row! First the Kissaki Gym battle, then this. I'm always happy when Shinji loses, but that music playing when he gets desperate near the end, and Magmar being destroyed, makes me feel a little sorry for him...OK, only a very little teeny-weeny bit!
    Sooo looking forward to the Regigigas episode. I think I can safely say any episodes with Brandon in are superb (especially evil Ash...)!

Do the Robot!

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    You mean four.
    Okay then. Four more episodes to go. Then we'll be able to understand what they saying in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone 4 Buttons? View Post
    Yes! Two good battles in a row! First the Kissaki Gym battle, then this. I'm always happy when Shinji loses, but that music playing when he gets desperate near the end, and Magmar being destroyed, makes me feel a little sorry for him...OK, only a very little teeny-weeny bit!
    Sooo looking forward to the Regigigas episode. I think I can safely say any episodes with Brandon in are superb (especially evil Ash...)!
    Yes. And Brandon will teach Paul a lesson about respect.

It's funny how Ash lost to Shinji who lost to the guy he beat on the battle Pyramid.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 7th October 2009 at 1:03 AM.

My ideal battle ever!

well i think brandon might be the father of paul and reggie
    i mean i've seen ton of pictures that looked like family pictures with paul reggie and brandon together...
    sure even if the hair styles between them looked identicle, the hair color thing confused me a bit, but then i saw pics of brandon with a woman with purple hair so i went with my idea of the fact even more...
    and sure...i was also way confused when reggie called brandon by his first name...well everyone said paul had an awkward look on his face when ash recognized the battle pyramid...
    also there's the fact that paul knew where the battle pyramid when he first started out...but how could he have known just from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonfan21 View Post
    well i think brandon might be the father of paul and reggie
    i mean i've seen ton of pictures that looked like family pictures with paul reggie and brandon together...
    sure even if the hair styles between them looked identicle, the hair color thing confused me a bit, but then i saw pics of brandon with a woman with purple hair so i went with my idea of the fact even more...
    and sure...i was also way confused when reggie called brandon by his first name...well everyone said paul had an awkward look on his face when ash recognized the battle pyramid...
    also there's the fact that paul knew where the battle pyramid when he first started out...but how could he have known just from the start?
    We'll find that out next week Saturday
    Ash's team right now

Spoiler:- Family Ties:
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

No wonder Paul is acting like a total jerk, and yet, he let his emotions get into him resulting in losing the battle. The Regis have awesome robotic voices, and Regice's is my now my personal favorite as it sounds very alienish. I wonder what happened at the Snowpoint Temple, I'm guessing it's Team Galactic again.

Yes! I've been waiting for this episode! And now for some more of my silly notes during the episode.

Nice to see Paul again in the anime. But still the same Paul we know. So mean. =P
    Ah yes, I was looking forward to seeing how Zoey would feel about Paul's attitude; and it was very nice to see. You tell him, Zoey!
    And there it is, out of nowhere Reggie comes back in a car. And they all see the Battle Pyramid. You know who that is: Brandon!
    It made me very happy to see figures of all the other brains and their main Pokemon slide by. =P
    Uh oh, time for battle between Paul and Brandon. 6-6
    Flashback, haha the "NOOOOOO" from Brandon. I remember that. xD Poor Reggie though. =(
    Oooh, new Pokemon on Pauls team, Haryiama. Too bad it got pwnd by Regirock.
    Haha, Team Rocket playing Rock Paper Sicssor to see if they should sneak in the Pyramid or Temple.
    Dang, way to go pwning Electabuzz Regirock.
    Here comes Registeel. O_o Of course Paul had to choose Magmar.
    Another new Pokemon, Nidoking. Looks like that Earth Power he used worked. And there goes Nidoking pwn'd by Registeel.
    Paul's really being ridiculous. I can't stand much more of him. Though, I do hope we'll learn more, but we did learn smoe more info.
    New pokemon, Larion. And our old friend Regice. PWN in like 4 seconds.
    Ursaring's turn. Pwn'd by both Regice and Regirock. Looks like he stopped giving commands.
    Final Pokemon, Magmar. Regirock finishes it all. And there goes Magmar.
    And now Paul Lost.
    Looks like Brandon's tip might help Paul.
    Oh snap, a 6-6 battle between Ash and Paul? Hmm, wonder who will win. 10 Days?! Cant wait.
    Uh oh, something's not going good at the Snowpoint Temple? Looks like well find out next episode.
    Seems like Paul will be challenging Candice next episode, but off screen.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This episode was good. Shinji totally got pwned by Brandon. It kinda sucks how a good trainer like Shinji lose against Brandon but a wack trainer like Ash won against him. Maybe Shinji should've chosen the battle to be 1-on-1 or 3-on-3 instead 6-on-6. Oh well. I can't wait for Ash vs Shinji episodes.

Great episode! Paul seemed to really get annoyed at Brandon. It was nice to see Brandon and flashbacks of the other Kanto Frontier Brains. Ursaring's Focus Blast probably could have beaten Regice. (Or whichever Regi it battled against.) I wonder why Paul did not use Torterra.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

He was plannning on battling candice I think thats why he didnt use torterra he probably diidnt expect brandon to show up.

Well, this certainly a one-sided battle. Brandon dominated Paul throughout the match and seemed pretty sure that he would win regardless of the situation.

I really like the ending of the episode when Maria and Sam, I think that that's their names, came to tell Brandon that there was a problem at the Snowpoint Temple. I can't wait for the next episode.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

..Damn. That's all I can say.

-Brandon is still badass, end of story. So glad he got to yell "NO!" twice.
    -Reggie has a Drapion? Hm. Cool, I guess.
    -I'm officially calling Paul "Angry Child" from now on. Major cookies to his VA for sounding so enraged. I actually loved the little sound he made after he lost....It just made him sound so broken.
    -The Regi's voices=awesome. Were they playing with helium?\
    -That was one HECK of a one-sided battle. Brandon definitely did his training.
    -HOLY CRAP THEY KEPT THE SAD MUSIC WHEN PAUL ONLY HAD MAGMAR. I am very, VERY pleased with this. x) Such a pretty melody! Does anyone know the name of it?
    -Please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed even Brandon was amused by Croagunk's antics. Please.

Probably one of the best episodes ever. I still believe Brandon should've been Paul and Reggie's dad, but great interaction notheless. Can't wait for next week!

I claimed Skarmory!

-Brandon's turned weird.
    -Sad music FTW.
    -Sweet flashbacks.
    -OMG Paul turned good!
    -Epic end.
    -10 DAYS! LOL!
    My views. Great episode, literally.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

Awesome Episode..

Was odd but kinda neat seeing Paul get owned so badly in battle. I kinda felt bad for him, but it is a lesson he needed to learn.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast