• Its ok.

0 0%
  • ehhh could b better..

1 50.00%
  • WHO GAVE THIS GIRL A PENCIL?!

0 0%

Thread: Sleepless Dreams

Default Sleepless Dreams

Hi! i wanted to make a fan fiction cuz im pretty creative and just felt like writing something.... so this is Sleepless Dreams! Its going to be PG-13. Heres the plot!=

Ruby is a 16 year old girl that lives in a world without pokemon, but she's far from normal. Everytime she goes to sleep, she dreams she's in the world of pokemon. She's a trainer and is making her team. One day, she falls asleep, she goes into the world of pokemon but she can't wake up. She's stuck in the pokemon world. She has a week to get out. She teams up with her friend and searches for a way to get home. But does she really want to get home?

plz PM or VM me about any comments u have about making it better, questions, or anything else! ENJOY!

ok Chapter one, here goes!!

Chapter 1

What? Where am I? What is this?

“RUBY! COME DOWNSTAIRS NOW!” a strong, irritated voice yelled up from beneath the room.

Huh? Who is that?

“RUBY!” The voice sounded even more threatening.

Thinking of nothing better to say, “COMING!” Ruby called. “I’ll be right there!”

She looked around the room she was in. It looked like a normal bedroom. There were posters hanging on the cream colored walls and a small flat screen television on a chestnut colored drawer. Ruby was sitting on a small bed in the corner of the room. Next to the bed was a nightstand with a red lamp. She slowly stood up and headed down the stairs, confused. Strangely, it seemed a bit familiar.

Whose house am I in? What am I doing here? A sickness began to creep into her gut. An overwhelming urge to cry nearly overtook her.

Ruby was sixteen. She had ruby red hair, brown eyes, and a fair complexion. She was relatively tall, skinny, and had a tendency to overact in small situations. She was brave, somewhat stubborn, and determined.

When Ruby had made her way down the stairs, she stumbled a bit and had to grip the wall rail to steady herself from a dizzy feeling that threatened to pull her to the ground. “There you are Ruby! I’ve been calling you for half an hour!” A young looking woman was standing in front of a small stove in the kitchen. She had long dark brown hair, blue eyes, and a small nose. She wore a bright yellow dress with a purple sash around her waist. It looked like she was making breakfast.

Who is that?

“Well?” said the woman. “Why are you just standing there like that? Come eat breakfast. You don’t want to be late for class again! I still don’t understand why you even want to be a trainer, and why mom is paying for you to go to class if you never go!” she said with a sigh.

What? Trainer? Class? Mom? Breakfast?

“Who are you?” Ruby asked. “Where am I?” She clutched her arms as her eyes darted all over the room. She wasn’t sure whether to play along with this woman, or to run away screaming.

The young woman glared at her. “Ha ha your so funny. Let’s see… I believe I’m Vikki, your sister. And I think you’re in your house. What is wrong with you today?” Vikki placed her hands on her hips and looked Ruby right in the eye and gave her the I-can’t-believe-you-can-be-so-thick look.

Sister? Okay, now I know this is a dream. But it’s all so… familiar.

“Now go eat, get dressed and GO!” Vikki screamed. “I’m tired of you acting silly.” Vikki turned back to the stove and started humming a song. She didn’t notice Ruby clinging to the rail with a dazed expression on her face, or how Ruby started climbing the stairs in a way that looked like she would fall over if a slight gust of wind blew past.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on here.

Ruby searched through the drawers in the bedroom she woke up in and put on a white tank top, a black vest, ripped short shorts, and a white baseball cap. She found a pair of black and red boots in the closet and a red shoulder bag. She was surprised to find that they were the kinds of clothes she would normally wear, and that they fitted her perfectly. When she was heading for the stairs, she noticed a fancy wrist watch on a nightstand by the bed. She picked it up and put it on, deciding she would investigate it later. She didn’t want to go back downstairs, but seeing as there was no window for her to jump out of, she quickly ran downstairs to be greeted by Vikki, not wanting to be shouted at again.

“There you are! You take forever! Now get moving before you’re late!” Vikki yelled while pushing Ruby out the door.

“WAIT! Where am I going?” Ruby screamed back at Vikki before she was able to slam the door in Ruby’s face.

“God! What’s your problem!” Vikki bellowed, almost making Ruby cringe and regret even saying something. “Trainer school! You were bugging Mom for a month to send you! Seriously, did you have that dream last night again? You’re never yourself after that.”

Dream? What dream? Is this a dream? I don’t remember how I got here. Isn’t this meant to be a dream?

“Now GO!” Vikki shrieked and kicked Ruby in the stomach, forcing her to fall and giving Vikki time to slam the door.

What is going on? She thought as she rubbed her head.

“Ruby! Hey! Ruby wait up!” a voice said from a distance.

Ruby groaned. “What now!” she screamed. She was so close to breaking down.

A boy about sixteen ran towards her. He had short brown hair, a black baseball cap, a white shirt, and cargo pants. He had a strange pendant around his neck, a black wristband, and several gold bracelets around his other wrist, and a sort of Rubik's cube connected to a chain around his belt. He had smiled when he saw her and held up his hand for a high five. “Hey little Red! How have you been?”

Sigh. Who’s this guy?

Ruby stared at him dumbly. The boy noticed something was wrong.

“Red? You ok? Something wrong? Oh…” The boy got a worried look on his face. “Did you have the dream again? You’re never the same after that.”

At that, Ruby lost it. “What dream! What is everybody talking about! WHERE AM I!” She screamed at the boy. He got another worried look on his face and reached out to grab her hand.

“It’s ok Red…” he spoke slowly and calmly, as if she were a scared animal backed into a corner.

She couldn’t take it anymore. Tears began to run down her face, her sobs were loud enough for the boy to hear. Ruby turned and ran.

Click to visit my Fan Fiction!

98% of stair accidents happen on the stairs.

Spoiler:- Credit:

She was relatively tall, skinny, and had a tendency to overact in small situations. She was brave, somewhat stubborn, and determined.
    That's something you really don't want to do. Let your character speak for herself through her actions and people's reactions.

Ruby is a 16 year old girl that lives in a world without pokemon, but she's far from normal. Everytime she goes to sleep, she dreams she's in the world of pokemon. She's a trainer and is making her team. One day, she falls asleep, she goes into the world of pokemon but she can't wake up. She's stuck in the pokemon world. She has a week to get out. She teams up with her friend and searches for a way to get home. But does she really want to get home?
    ...As with this. Something that's better explained in the story itself.

But I have to hand it to you for your Grammar. You wouldn't believe how many newbies stroll through and think they can just type "i".

It's got potential. Just make sure you're showing, not telling (there's a thread for it in the Author's Cafe, if you're interested), and you'll be well on your way to a brilliant story! Good luck!

Here is chapter 2! srry it took me so long to finish it.

Chapter 2

“It just doesn’t make any sense. I mean, you said he was cute! Why would you run?”

The three girls groaned.

“What?” said a blonde girl with red highlights. “I wouldn’t run away from him if he was cute.” She wore a plaid skirt, and a blue and white t-shirt.

Another girl in a red skirt and white shirt groaned again. “Lindsay, you wouldn’t run away from a cute guy if he was pointing a knife at you,” said the girl. She had short black hair, pale skin, and always carried a sketchpad with her. “Oh! Please don’t hurt me!” she said, mocking Lindsay. “By the way, are you free Saturday?” The other girls laughed.

“Ha ha. Very funny Beth,” Lindsay said, rolling her eyes. “That is so not true! Right Megan?”

A short girl with dyed pink hair laughed. “Yeah, that’s not what would happen,” said the girl, Megan. She wore a blue tank top and black shorts. She smiled and said, “Saturday is movie night! She would have asked about Friday!”

Lindsay grunted and turned away. “Fine! You girls think you’re so funny!”
    Ruby, Beth, and Megan just laughed harder.

Ruby, Megan, Beth, and Lindsay were sitting on a bench outside their high school. They were talking about Ruby’s dream before they had to get to homeroom. The girls were trying to tell Ruby what they thought about the dream but they just couldn’t take anything seriously.

Ruby’s face suddenly became serious. “But this is important guys. That dream was so… real. I felt like I had been there before. I just don’t understand it.”

“Well what happened after you ran away from cute-guy?” asked Lindsay.

Ruby shrugged. “I don’t remember. Come to think of it, I don’t remember waking up this morning.”

Beth and Megan looked at each other worriedly. Lindsay put a hand on Ruby’s shoulder. “Ruby… Just remember, don’t confuse the dream world from the real world. It’s important that you can tell the difference,” Lindsay said.

Ruby looked at her, confused. “I didn’t say that I couldn’t tell the difference. Why would you even mention something like that?”

“Lindsay is just trying to make sure you don’t confuse the two of them,” Beth tried to explain. “Just remember that Ruby.”

Megan noticed tension between the four of them and quickly said, “Let’s go inside guys! It’s eight thirty, we’re going to be late!”

Ruby looked at her watch. “Megan’s right! We’re late!” The four girls giggled and started to run inside. Once they made it to the school they rushed to get their books from their lockers, and they went to their separate homerooms. Ruby brushed the hair out of her face. She suddenly stopped. There was a watch on her wrist. She didn’t have a watch. She used her cell phone. There was the watch she had picked up in the strange bedroom in her dream. Her heart started beating too fast. There wasn't enough air in the room. Suddenly, the ground came up to meet her as Ruby fell into the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are you alright dear? You had quite a fall there!” A strange woman was hovering over Ruby. She wore a pink dress, a white apron, and a white and pink nurse’s hat. Her hair was bright pink and was curled on the sides of her head. She smiled at Ruby and helped her sit up and turned around to tidy up the room. It took Ruby a moment to focus on her surroundings. Ruby was sitting on a soft bed in a hospital room.

Ruby turned to the woman and said, “Excuse me?”

The woman turned back to Ruby. “Yes, sweetie? How can I help you?” she asked, a genuine smile on her face.

Ruby frowned. She had no idea who this woman was. “Who are you?” she asked.

The woman laughed. “Why sweetie! I’m Nurse Joy! You must have met one of my sisters, haven’t you? I mean, you are a trainer right?”

Ruby was even more confused than before. “What’s a trainer? Why is everyone talking about trainers and trainer school and… and… and…” Ruby stammered and struggled to finish her sentence. A weird looking animal had walked into the room. The animal was the same shade of pink as Nurse Joy’s dress. It had a pouch on its chest with an egg, a short tail, and pink hair-like growths out of the side of its head.

Nurse Joy turned, saw the strange animal, and smiled. “There you are Chansey! I’ve been waiting for you. Did you bring this girl’s medical records?” asked Nurse Joy. The animal nodded and handed Nurse Joy a chart with one of its stubby arms. The animal, Chansey, turned to Ruby, smiled, and held out a stubby arm as if to shake hands. Ruby’s head started to spin.

“Ex… Excuse me? Nurse Joy? I… I… I don’t feel so well…” Ruby stammered, before collapsing onto the bed again.

Chansey shook her head, smiled, and said in a kind, sweet voice, “This one’s a piece of work.”

Click to visit my Fan Fiction!

98% of stair accidents happen on the stairs.

Spoiler:- Credit: