Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Doesn't suck when you realize the Pokemon you love stink?

Default Doesn't it suck when you realize the Pokemon you love stink?

Some of my favourite Pokemon include Pidgeot, Blastoise and Feraligatr but all these Pokemon have been described as lackluster in the games and are outclassed by stronger, faster and overall better Pokemon in competitive battling. I think Pidgeot is the best looking bird Pokemon but if I use him I'll be destroyed by someone else.

I almost wish the game developers would make the slick lookin' Pomemon stronger than their ugly counterparts.

Just my two cents..

Pidgeot, Blastoise, and Feraligatr are actually pretty good Pokemon. Feraligatr can hold its own pretty well in battles. Blastoise has good defense as well. And Pidgeot is fast enough to get a few strikes in.

But yes, it does suck if your favorite Pokemon stink. Quilava is bad, but... you'll never see that in competitive battling.

-----------
    Yup, I'm a Christian.

i totally agree, i miss the early days everything was simple, and i could actually use a raichu or a furret without feeling my butt was gonna be handed to me
    Platinum FC: 4297 1070 6594

I Have 10Aniv Celebi, PM me if you would like to trade. Wants: - SHINY JOLLY TORCHIC - Shiny's or Ev'd Pkmn. ALL PKMN MUST BE LEGIT.

Default Yes it does, but you get over it.

Who cares if they stink? Battle with them anyway. It's not like you're going to have any less fun than fighting with the same Pokemon as everyone else. The fun is in finding ways that you can use your favorite Pokemon to win. I don't do much competitive battling but that's what I do when I actually do battle. ^^
    Yeah, I left Serebii.
    If you really need to find me, I'll be on my deviantArt.
    And my MSN is flurriedrains@live.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Who cares if they stink? Battle with them anyway. It's not like you're going to have any less fun than fighting with the same Pokemon as everyone else. The fun is in finding ways that you can use your favorite Pokemon to win. I don't do much competitive battling but that's what I do when I actually do battle. ^^
    You can't just bring any pkmn into a battle and think that just because they're your favorite you have a chance to win. Pokemon isn't a game of underdogs triumphing, it's about numbers.
    Platinum FC: 4297 1070 6594

I Have 10Aniv Celebi, PM me if you would like to trade. Wants: - SHINY JOLLY TORCHIC - Shiny's or Ev'd Pkmn. ALL PKMN MUST BE LEGIT.

Yes, I like pidgeot too, and it was terrible when a friend saw it on my team at a wi-fi battle and laughed. Then, my brother laughes at blaziken because he says it´s very slow, but I do have a blaziken with 31 in HP, attack, sp. attack, and 22 in the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeconator11 View Post
    This just sent weird images through my brain.

Slalamences, Skarmory, and Ho-oh all lifting a nuke, and a Pikachu's like "Set them up the bomb, and they drop it, and BOOM goes Hoenn.

credits: BynineB -1337speon
    --if someone is still visiting this profile, you can now find me here: bootymasterjangdongwoo@tumblr--

At least you can use your favorites for ingame battles..And in Platinum the addition of the battle hall is almost the coolest thing you could do, as every PKMN can make a streak for itself.
    There'll be total devastation,
    Pure annihilation
    Or absolute surrender.
    I'll have limitless power,
    This is our finest hour
    Now go,go,go,go!
    "and those silly comments like mews under the truck."
    PKMN Diamant FC : 3266 1329 4105

PKMN Platin FC : 1634 2465 5625

PKMN Heartgold FC : 4512 3200 9906

Quote Originally Posted by Beotium View Post
    And in Platinum the addition of the battle hall is almost the coolest thing you could do, as every PKMN can make a streak for itself.
    It's a pity that it's also the only facility where you're completely forced to use a select few Pokemon if you want to have any hope of getting the prints.

yea it sucks cuz i love shiny charizard but every time i battle with it i get owend when i use other pokemon i win but with charizard i loose allot

also it sucks taht i cant use quilava or totodile lol
    My Favorite Pokemon Ever :3

Spoiler:- Credits:

One word: Pachi-freakin-risu

one of my favourite pokémon, but it sucks xD
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer Oz View Post
    You can't just bring any pkmn into a battle and think that just because they're your favorite you have a chance to win. Pokemon isn't a game of underdogs triumphing, it's about numbers.
    But you can always win with your favorites.
    If you do thing right, you can win with any pokemon. And teirs are just silly. Battle with who you like, its a game.
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/zkjz1w.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by suicune lover View Post
    But you can always win with your favorites.
    If you do thing right, you can win with any pokemon. And teirs are just silly. Battle with who you like, its a game.
    no. just no.

Flaaffy, Magcargo, Surskit.. WHY? Why do you have to be so bad? I love you!

I'm sure with enough skill people could win with their favorites.. but I was very sad when I found out that Marowak was so slow
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/vopwtk.png[/IMG]
    munch munch munch..

"You can't just bring any pkmn into a battle and think that just because they're your favorite you have a chance to win. Pokemon isn't a game of underdogs triumphing, it's about numbers."

With the right strategy you can win with them. If they aren't at their final evolution just challenge a friend to a battle with specifications on that or something so the game can be fair. The game is made to be fun, not so that you can breed some generic, overused Pokemon and train them to be just like everyone else's simply so you can win. And who cares if you lose? It's a Pokemon battle. :P
    Yeah, I left Serebii.
    If you really need to find me, I'll be on my deviantArt.
    And my MSN is flurriedrains@live.com.

I use my favorites in-game, but not usually competitively.

Yes, with the right strategy you can win. I've beaten plenty of strong Pokémon with my weaker Pokémon.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Black Ice Guild Site
    Black Ice Guild Forum
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

only when they look cooler in 2nd stage, like quilava and grovyle and buizel
    I use Bibarel and Leafeon regardless of their stats, I also use Lucario and Staraptor regardless of their popularity
    my FC is 2064 8570 2074m but I don't do a lot of Wi-Fi stuff
    I am a semi-grammar nazi, yet I have a habit of Capitalizing words that don't need to be Capitalized.
    I wait in the depths for the return of the Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout Ultimate Journey. Time is not important.
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    As for breeding; unless you chain-breed max IVs onto a pokémon, you're basically throwing darts with a blindfold on at a dart board that isn't there.

Ha, stink? My Mawile knocked out a Deoxys 20 levels higher than it with his sucker punch.

Tiers are a good general guide, but there's no reason to be restricted by what's common in competitive play and what isn't.
    Currently playing: X, completing Pokedex.

my 2 favorite pokemon are darkrai and lugia. IDK why but their so cool
    Platinum FC: 3352-1502-5258

my 2 favorite pokemon are darkrai and lugia. IDK why but their so cool
    Platinum FC: 3352-1502-5258

Quote Originally Posted by WynautQueen View Post
    Ha, stink? My Mawile knocked out a Deoxys 20 levels higher than it with his sucker punch.

Tiers are a good general guide, but there's no reason to be restricted by what's common in competitive play and what isn't.
    Practically anything can hurt Deoxys because of its horrible defense

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

Well, with the right stragety you can beat a team of ubers with a Magikarp, look on youtube, its been done.
    I have a few TRU Regigigas for trade. Pm me your offers. Really interested in a Bold & an Impish And a Timid &

My friend code is 3137 2823 4908, I recently got wi-fi and need some friends XD

Pachirisu has Pick-up, and thus it is always useful to carry around. Anyway, if a pokemon is weak but has Endeavor, it's not that bad--especially if it resists hail or sand. HM pokemon are useful too. And I'm sure that any pokemon can dominate in a contest (paying no mind to Smeargle who can beat anything). Quilava has Typhlosion: use it. As for Magcargo, he has some decent stats if he has sand support.

As for some other pokemon like Charizard, Stealth Rock really cuts down the number of times they can switch it, and thus the number of sets they can use. Just send him in on a faint against a slow opponent and Roost (not saying that it's a good strategy or the way to use it, just that it's the most updated, forced way to do so).
    Big fan of Alolan forms because:
    Basically, Gen VII will see cross-generation players (with cross-generation breeders being a sub-set) playing a very unique role: they're basically going to introduce the old pokemon into the new "meta-environment" (which includes both the competitive "meta-game" which is determined by what is natively desirable and is one subset of the meta-environment, and also the native environment, that which is natively available to the Sun/Moon cartridges and is also a subset of the meta-environment).
    Also a big proponent of "Restoration forms" (and supported by the concept's founder, , also #RetcontheRetcons & #ContinuityMatters) and Synchro Evolution! Also a wishy-washy supporter of Wishiwashi!

I use my favourite Pokémon, but I train them hard now. For example, I'm EV training a Roserade. I'm gonna make sure it has perfect IVs in the stats I want, a great moveset, the right nature etc. You can use your favourites, you just have to put the extra effort in. (I think Roserade's UU or NU)
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Roserade is decent, just needs a good Hidden Power. Like I said elsewhere, some pokemon are far more viable on Shoddy, due to a) IV's/EV's being such an easy thing, and, b) some pokemon being so common (partly due to a)).
    Big fan of Alolan forms because:
    Basically, Gen VII will see cross-generation players (with cross-generation breeders being a sub-set) playing a very unique role: they're basically going to introduce the old pokemon into the new "meta-environment" (which includes both the competitive "meta-game" which is determined by what is natively desirable and is one subset of the meta-environment, and also the native environment, that which is natively available to the Sun/Moon cartridges and is also a subset of the meta-environment).
    Also a big proponent of "Restoration forms" (and supported by the concept's founder, , also #RetcontheRetcons & #ContinuityMatters) and Synchro Evolution! Also a wishy-washy supporter of Wishiwashi!

My favorite Pokemon is Torchic, but I like the evolutions also because, if you don't evolve Torchic, you don't have that great of attacks...
    Need starters? I got 'em all!

Kanto:

Legit, bred, and NOT HACKED.

Looking for an Arceus, will trade multiple legendaries!

PM if interested!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast