Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 896

Thread: Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly, post here. READ. THE. FIRST. POST!!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Wet.
    Posts
    6,035

    Default Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly, post here. READ. THE. FIRST. POST!!!!

    READ THE FIRST POST, this topic is now open and any posts that do not comply fully or partially with the format will be ignored!!!

    This is a topic for posting if you've been banned from either #SPP or #SPP-Wifi chat unfairly. It was originally made to cut down on the amount of cluttering topics in the chatroom discussion, now it's being remade because you guys cannot read the first post.

    READ THE RULES FIRST TO MAKE SURE YOU DID NOT BREAK ANY OF THEM BEFORE POSTING!!!

    #SPP rules - http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=381557

    #SPP-Wifi rules - http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=386017

    This topic is not for whining about the way the chatroom is run, if you don't like it you may leave, no one will force you to stay. Do not argue this fact in this topic.

    Here is the format you will follow (or something similar, but it must include one or ALL of these items). An explanation as to what these mean will be included after the format itself. You may skip the explanation of terms down to the giant bolded font if you already know what they mean.

    Your name:
    Your host:
    Chatroom:
    Operator in question:
    Kick message:
    Time and date:
    Logs:

    Now for an explanation.

    First is what name you were using just in case you are unable to provide us logs.

    Your host is an identifier that is unique to you, and makes it a LOT easier to see who banned you/why you were banned, and will help us resolve the issue a lot faster. If you are unsure about how to find your host, this is how you do it:



    Just type the command /getcloakhost your nickname in any window. It will show up in that window so you won't miss it.

    Next is what chatroom you were banned in. Was it #SPP or #SPP-Wifi?

    After that is who banned you? There are several operators for both chats, some ops only op one chat and are not ops in another chatroom. We need to know who banned you so if it really is unfair they can be talked to, or at least provide their part of the story. You'd be amazed how many people posted about an unfair ban in the last topic only to be provided with logs and SURPRISE, the ban wasn't actually unfair at all, not even close.

    After you provide who banned you, provide the ban message. This can be found in the status window. There is no excuse to not have this, as even java users can retrieve this. If you get banned while on java DO NOT close the window, it will have the ban message right in front of you.

    Next is the time and date. Don't come here posting about an unfair ban from a week ago, we're not going to dig through our logs that far back, sorry.

    Last is logs. Logs are basically a copy of the conversation that took place prior to the ban. Don't just show us the actual ban part, show us what happened prior to the ban taking place so we can see if it's unfair.

    Note: We are busy people, a lot of us work full time and go to school, we do not have time to dig through huge folders of logs dating months or even years back to provide what YOU should be providing for us.

    If you do not provide us with one of the above listed in the format your post will be ignored/deleted or possibly infractioned for spam. Your nickname you used while being banned is required, as is the chat you were banned from!

    Coming in and saying "Hey I was banned" and providing nothing to follow is no help to us at all. We will not help you if you do not help us by providing one of the following (preferably more).

    IF YOU GET SERVER BANNED, WE CANNOT UNBAN YOU. You MUST go to the purplesurge website.

    http://www.purplesurge.com

    Last but not least, YOU are responsible for what happens with YOUR computer. Brother/cousin/dog signed on and got you banned? Tough luck.

    So please, follow the format and heed to all the warnings in the first post and we will do our best to help you out.
    Last edited by moot; 7th March 2014 at 9:22 AM. Reason: update
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Chatroom name: HOLLYY
    Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi rules
    Operator in question: Kiori
    Kick message: As she remembers, something like "stop arguing" and then "Apparently, you can't take a warning"
    Time and date: June 1st, around 8
    Logs:

    I don't have any logs, and it wasn't me. I understand all the "my brother did it" gets annoying, and I understand that if it's your computer, it's your responsibility. But here at my dad's house, everyone uses the same computer. My cousin barely uses serebii, and says she isn't going to use it again because the Ops are annoying, but whatever. Anyways, she got banned for argruing, and then for evading the ban. I think. But now I can't get into it at all. So, I guess it was a permenant ban. Could you please check it out for me? I just want to know if I'm banned for good because of what she did x____x

    Thank you
    -Juli

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by julifroot View Post
    Chatroom name: HOLLYY
    Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi rules
    Operator in question: Kiori
    Kick message: As she remembers, something like "stop arguing" and then "Apparently, you can't take a warning"
    Time and date: June 1st, around 8
    Logs:

    I don't have any logs, and it wasn't me. I understand all the "my brother did it" gets annoying, and I understand that if it's your computer, it's your responsibility. But here at my dad's house, everyone uses the same computer. My cousin barely uses serebii, and says she isn't going to use it again because the Ops are annoying, but whatever. Anyways, she got banned for argruing, and then for evading the ban. I think. But now I can't get into it at all. So, I guess it was a permenant ban. Could you please check it out for me? I just want to know if I'm banned for good because of what she did x____x

    Thank you
    -Juli
    No ban is permanent (Unless it's an akick, which it isn't in your case). It's just not timed, the list will probably be cleared soon and you'll be allowed back on. Sorry to hear about that, but yeah, if someone causes trouble under your IP then anyone who uses it will have to suffer the ban. Sorry. Hopefully you'll be back with us soon, and thanks for explaining the situation fully.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Eating you / Away
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    No, it wasn't about evading a ban really. More like I gave countless warnings and you/someone refuses to listen to them.

    Logs:

    Quote Originally Posted by First kick
    [17:36:42] 15(5:36:42 pm) «eric» lfif u evolve a shiny does it stay shiny?
    [17:36:44] 09 *** Guest38010 is now known as leo
    09[17:36:44] * Joins: WiFiGuest7077 (WiFiGuest7@PurpleSurge-C32A9B51.dyn.optonline.net)
    [17:36:47] 15(5:36:47 pm) «WiFiGuest7894» Looking for UT Shiny Gastly/Haunter/Vaporeon
    [17:36:49] 09 *** WiFiGuest7385 is now known as Crimson
    [17:36:51] 15(5:36:51 pm) «mcmuffin» yea
    [17:36:51] 09 *** leo is now known as leosan
    [17:36:52] 15(5:36:52 pm) «john» lf standard battle
    [17:36:56] 15(5:36:56 pm) «HOLLYY» yes.
    [17:36:56] 15(5:36:56 pm) «Soule» Looking for a Wish Blissey or any pre evos with wish. Preferably untouched, but will trade for EV'd as well!
    [17:36:58] 15(5:36:58 pm) «yes» offering shaymin jirachi registeel latias
    [17:37:03] 15(5:37:03 pm) «bored-out-of-mind» no
    [17:37:07] 09 *** leosan is now known as ikky
    [17:37:08] 15(5:37:08 pm) «john» looking for standard battle
    [17:37:09] 15(5:37:09 pm) «mcmuffin» yes it does
    [17:37:15] 15(5:37:15 pm) «WiFiGuest7670» I have Evd Pokes for Trade: Shiny Gyarados, Shiny Dusknoir, Yanmega, Breloom, Shiny Skarmory, Magnezone, Blissey,togekiss,Shiny Mamoswine, Shiny umbreon, Machamp, Scizor, Arcanine, Electivire (pkotpia), Forretress, Roserade, Latias...PM me with Evd pokes for Offer Looking for EvD Pokes: NidoQueen,Tangrowth, Cloyster, Absol, Exeggutor
    [17:37:17] 15(5:37:17 pm) «HOLLYY» It does.
    [17:37:18] 15(5:37:18 pm) «shiro3780» lugia or ho-oh for that shaymin
    01[17:37:22] <%Kiori> Use PM please ;[
    [17:37:24] 15(5:37:24 pm) «bored-out-of-mind» no it doesn't it didn't work for me
    01[17:37:28] <%Kiori> stop arguing in here
    [17:37:29] 15(5:37:29 pm) «{RFP}Luffy_P_King» looking 4 focus sash
    [17:37:30] 15(5:37:30 pm) «mcmuffin» cuz u hack
    [17:37:31] 15(5:37:31 pm) «Urvan-ce» lf for lugia and im rdy to trade ut palkia and dialga
    [17:37:33] 15(5:37:33 pm) «jaredgreensweater» lf shiny mankey PM ME BABY GIIRRL
    [17:37:33] 09 *** WiFiGuest1570 is now known as Nate
    [17:37:33] 15(5:37:33 pm) «{SD}TehBazzard» LF UT Bold Celebi, I will trade shinies.
    [17:37:33] 15(5:37:33 pm) «HOLLYY» Then you are an idiot.
    [17:37:36] 15(5:37:36 pm) «{RFP}Luffy_P_King» looking 4 Rare candies
    [17:37:39] 09 *** BigHead is now known as GhostAnime
    [17:37:40] 15(5:37:40 pm) «mcmuffin» haha'
    [17:37:41] 09 *** HOLLYY was kicked by Kiori (1«3«1«3«5 stop arguing I said3,1 1995 3 Loved and died~ 1»3»1»3»9)
    For the record, it wasn't just HOLLYY who was kicked. However, someone apparently seems to disagree assume a different disposition upon rejoining back to the chan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Second time
    09[17:38:01] * Joins: WiFiGuest3100 (WiFiGuest3@PurpleSurge-1C4542F3.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
    09[17:38:03] * Joins: kecleon (DC-Guest@PurpleSurge-70BB1517.bhm.bellsouth.net)
    [17:38:04] 15(5:38:04 pm) «Charles» LF standard battle OU
    [17:38:04] 15(5:38:04 pm) «bored-out-of-mind» lol im so srry
    [17:38:07] 09 *** WiFiGuest3100 is now known as HOLLYY
    [17:38:08] 15(5:38:08 pm) «WiFiGuest8824» quincy is a scammer
    09[17:38:08] * Joins: WiFiGuest0809 (WiFiGuest0@PurpleSurge-8893F10F.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
    [17:38:09] 09 *** Nate is now known as Danny
    09[17:38:10] * Joins: WiFiGuest3095 (WiFiGuest3@PurpleSurge-BA8B13C7.user.veloxzone.com.br)
    [17:38:11] 15(5:38:11 pm) «chk99» offering lugia and mewtwo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [17:38:12] 15(5:38:12 pm) «shiro3780» d****
    [17:38:13] 15(5:38:13 pm) «eric» if u evolve a shint does it stya shiny. om me the answer
    [17:38:14] 012 *** Erik_Destler banned: *!*@PurpleSurge-EC98B2B3.dsl.irvnca.sbcglobal.net
    [17:38:14] 09 *** chk99 was kicked by Erik_Destler (Don’t spam in my pokemon channels!!!!9)
    [17:38:18] 15(5:38:18 pm) «HOLLYY» woww, everyone else is arguing and I get kicked.
    [17:38:18] 09 *** WiFiGuest0809 is now known as PerfectTrainer
    [17:38:18] 04 *** WiFiGuest2114 (WiFiGuest2@PurpleSurge-84E2DCF.home.otenet.gr) has quit IRC (Quit: Serebii.net Rules!!11)
    [17:38:19] 15(5:38:19 pm) «jaredgreensweater» luffy pm me i got rare candies
    [17:38:20] 04 *** WiFiGuest2222 (WiFiGuest2@PurpleSurge-8B68D11.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net) has quit IRC (Quit: Serebii.net Rules!!11)
    [17:38:21] 15(5:38:21 pm) «Auzrill» looking for UT shiny ponyta, shiny growlithe, shiny cyndaquil, shiny vulpix: PM if interested?
    [17:38:23] 15(5:38:23 pm) «JavaCat» Looking for SHINY ELEKID:$
    [17:38:27] 15(5:38:27 pm) «shiro3780» looking for a non-glitched darkrai offering untouched legit navel rock ho-oh or lugia
    [17:38:35] 15(5:38:35 pm) «yes» offering shaymin jirachi registeel latias
    [17:38:35] 04 *** DoomDragon028 (SPPGuest66@PurpleSurge-ACB4A1CA.bstnma.east.verizon.net) has quit IRC (Quit: Serebii.net Rules!!11)
    [17:38:37] 15(5:38:37 pm) «Charles» LF standard battle OU
    [17:38:37] 09 *** WiFiGuest3095 is now known as AmbiPunch
    [17:38:39] 15(5:38:39 pm) «Danny» Hello!!! does anyone have a male nuzleaf or shiftry...? i need extrasensory
    [17:38:41] 15(5:38:41 pm) «Tokyo» HOLLYY, they kcik for everything.
    [17:38:43] 15(5:38:43 pm) «kecleon» shiny kirlia for trade
    [17:38:46] 15(5:38:46 pm) «shiro3780» pm if interested
    [17:38:46] 15(5:38:46 pm) «MoneyHypeMike» Trading UT MYSTRY Mew - UT GAMESTOP Deoxys - Movie 08 (UT)/11 Shamin - RANGER Manaphy - VGC09 Milotic - TRU Dragonite
    [17:38:47] 15(5:38:47 pm) «HOLLYY» Figured.
    [17:38:48] 15(5:38:48 pm) «PerfectTrainer» LF: Standard Battle. PM me.
    [17:38:52] 15(5:38:52 pm) «JulesLetters» They don't kick for nearly enough, if you ask me.
    [17:38:53] 15(5:38:53 pm) «AmbiPunch» Looking for someone who record wi-fi battles
    [17:38:54] 15(5:38:54 pm) «WiFiGuest8618» iv battle anyone?
    [17:38:56] 15(5:38:56 pm) «{RFP}Luffy_P_King» looking 4 Rare candies
    [17:38:57] 15(5:38:57 pm) «{RFP}Luffy_P_King» looking 4 focus sash
    [17:39:00] 15(5:39:00 pm) «Barrage» Looking for Ev'd Swampert
    [17:39:02] 15(5:39:02 pm) «WiFiGuest9105» i'll help ppl fill up their pkDEX if they can help me find these pkmn LF - cloyster, electrode, tauros, jumpliff, ludicolo, aggron, sharpedo, torkoal, flygon, tropius, glalie, cherrium, toxicroak or jigglypuff! pm me if you have any :]
    [17:39:02] 15(5:39:02 pm) «WiFiGuest8824» I need 4 red shards
    [17:39:06] 15(5:39:06 pm) «Crimson» offering a ut lv5 WISHMKR jirachi holding a ganlon berry, Ageto celebi, Mattle ho-oh ,Japanese movie regigigas holding a custap berry, Palcity lucario, VGC09 milotic, MYSTRY mew. Looking for other events ONLY.
    [17:39:10] 15(5:39:10 pm) «Danny» anyone have a male nuzleaf???
    [17:39:12] 15(5:39:12 pm) «WiFiGuest7670» I have Evd Pokes for Trade: Shiny Gyarados, Shiny Dusknoir, Yanmega, Breloom, Shiny Skarmory, Magnezone, Blissey,togekiss,Shiny Mamoswine, Shiny umbreon, Machamp, Scizor, Arcanine, Electivire (pkotpia), Forretress, Roserade, Latias...PM me with Evd pokes for Offer Looking for EvD Pokes: NidoQueen,Tangrowth, Cloyster, Absol, Exeggutor
    [17:39:13] 15(5:39:13 pm) «JulesLetters» Looking for a Level 50 or below Bold/Calm/Timid Zapdos.
    [17:39:19] 15(5:39:19 pm) «Diamondfire» offering a shiny Flarion and a shiny Weavile!
    [17:39:27] 15(5:39:27 pm) «jaredgreensweater» i cant pm luffy but i got rare candies pm me
    09[17:39:29] * Joins: WiFiGuest4975 (WiFiGuest4@PurpleSurge-FE85F5B7.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
    [17:39:32] 15(5:39:32 pm) «PerfectTrainer» LF: Standard Battle. PM me.
    [17:39:32] 15(5:39:32 pm) «HOLLYY» Apparently, you haven't been kicked for something dumb lol
    [17:39:33] 15(5:39:33 pm) «o2zim» LF sunkurn or latios pm me and we'll discuss offers
    [17:39:33] 15(5:39:33 pm) «Soule» Looking for a Wish Blissey or any pre evos with wish. Preferably untouched, but will trade for EV'd as well
    [17:39:34] 09 *** WiFiGuest4975 is now known as mcmuffin
    09[17:39:36] * Joins: WiFiGuest9485 (WiFiGuest9@PurpleSurge-84E20DCF.home.otenet.gr)
    [17:39:38] 15(5:39:38 pm) «WiFiGuest3920» lf eved pokes offering shinies
    [17:39:40] 15(5:39:40 pm) «WiFiGuest3920» lf eved starmie
    [17:39:42] 15(5:39:42 pm) «WiFiGuest3920» lf starmie eved
    [17:39:43] 09 *** DarkRazor is now known as DarkRazor-Bored
    [17:39:43] 15(5:39:43 pm) «mcmuffin» lol i got banned for saying haha
    [17:39:47] 012 *** Dratini927--out-- unbanned: *!*@PurpleSurge-E29D5E19.dynamic.mts.net
    [17:39:48] 15(5:39:48 pm) «WiFiGuest7894» Looking for UT Shiny Gastly/Haunter/Vaporeon
    [17:39:48] 15(5:39:48 pm) «Tokyo» lol
    [17:39:48] 04 *** Meghan (WiFiGuest7@PurpleSurge-C82D628.hsd1.mi.comcast.net) has quit IRC (Quit: Serebii.net Rules!!11)
    [17:39:49] 04 *** WiFiGuest9485 (WiFiGuest9@PurpleSurge-84E2DCF.home.otenet.gr) has quit IRC (Quit: Serebii.net Rules!!11)
    [17:39:50] 15(5:39:50 pm) «WiFiGuest2306» LF evd magnezone if shiny better pm me
    [17:39:51] 04 *** Rarity (WiFiGuest6@PurpleSurge-F49ABDB.dsl.bell.ca) has quit IRC (Quit: Serebii.net Rules!!11)
    [17:39:54] 15(5:39:54 pm) «Tokyo» the ops are stupi
    [17:39:56] 012 *** Kiori banned: *!*@PurpleSurge-1C4542F3.dynamic.ip.windstream.net
    [17:39:56] 09 *** HOLLYY was kicked by Kiori (1«3«1«3«5 apparently you won't listen once a warning is issued. So you don't have any right to complain my friend c:3,1 1997 3 Loved and died~ 1»3»1»3»9)
    As Dragonite said in the above, it's not permaban. It's just a difference between timed and untimed ban if you can't get back on the chan.
    Last edited by Kiori; 2nd June 2009 at 7:39 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Thanks guys. I was ready to bash her head in. I didn't know what went down. But yeah, I'm sorry she caused so much trouble, and it won't happen again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Chatroom name: BOMB
    Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi, #SPP
    Operator in question: i don't know.
    Kick message: none
    Time and date: i noticed this morning, june 8th.
    Logs: none

    lol. basically, i woke up this morning and i was banned from both chats. i don't know why or by whom, but i don't believe i did anything wrong. i've been coming here for some time, i'm familiar with the rules... any help or explanation would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOMB View Post
    Chatroom name: BOMB
    Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi, #SPP
    Operator in question: i don't know.
    Kick message: none
    Time and date: i noticed this morning, june 8th.
    Logs: none

    lol. basically, i woke up this morning and i was banned from both chats. i don't know why or by whom, but i don't believe i did anything wrong. i've been coming here for some time, i'm familiar with the rules... any help or explanation would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
    Seems legit enough, we've PM'd now anyway. Just for the reference of anyone else who sees. I've checked through logs and can't see who banned you or anything. You've been out for a while though it seems, so even if you did do something bad, you've served your time

    Enjoy chatting.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Greenville, MI
    Posts
    0

    Default

    "Last but not least, YOU are responsible for what happens with YOUR computer. Brother/cousin/dog signed on and got you banned? Tough luck."



    Quote Originally Posted by julifroot View Post
    Chatroom name: HOLLYY
    Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi rules
    Operator in question: Kiori
    Kick message: As she remembers, something like "stop arguing" and then "Apparently, you can't take a warning"
    Time and date: June 1st, around 8
    Logs:

    I don't have any logs, and it wasn't me. I understand all the "my brother did it" gets annoying, and I understand that if it's your computer, it's your responsibility. But here at my dad's house, everyone uses the same computer. My cousin barely uses serebii, and says she isn't going to use it again because the Ops are annoying, but whatever. Anyways, she got banned for argruing, and then for evading the ban. I think. But now I can't get into it at all. So, I guess it was a permenant ban. Could you please check it out for me? I just want to know if I'm banned for good because of what she did x____x

    Thank you
    -Juli

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    0

    Default Banned

    I was banned in spp wifi chatroom for mentioning azure flute yesterday at 1.30am nickname ho-yee.

    physcial address: 00-1D-92-97-70-1D

    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

    DHCP Server: 192.168.1.254

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chowser889 View Post
    I was banned in spp wifi chatroom for mentioning azure flute yesterday at 1.30am nickname ho-yee.

    physcial address: 00-1D-92-97-70-1D

    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

    DHCP Server: 192.168.1.254
    That isn't unfair. Even if the Azure Flute was able to be legally obtained, it can't be traded because it's a key item. So it's off topic and it relates to Arceus :\
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    0

    Default I was banned, heh

    Well, I was twice banned yesterday and I checked Wi-Fi chat now again and I'm still banned. I was just looking at posts in the chat and then by mistake I PMed wrong person. I don't know why I was banned the first time. I was using Java, my name was wifi host and some number behind it, sorry, but I really won't remember it. I can give you my IP address which is 90.179.56.33 and I hope you will unban me. Thanks
    BTW: Are the bans forever? If not, how long does it take to be unbanned ?
    Last edited by Hukne; 12th June 2009 at 11:47 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Shamouti Shrine
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Untimed bans are removed when the banlist is cleared, and that usually takes 6-10 hours. As for your IP, the network cloaks it with a host, so others cannot see it, and it is that host we ban. So in order to unban you, please tell us the name you were using and also try to give us the name of the op who banned you.

    Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

    PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

    [14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish


    *** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J0E View Post
    "Last but not least, YOU are responsible for what happens with YOUR computer. Brother/cousin/dog signed on and got you banned? Tough luck."

    That's the thing though, it isn't my computer. It's a computer at my dad's house that everyone gets on. Including me and both my cousins. And we're all here every other weekend.

    ____________
    breathemonica returned at 2:33:21 PM.
    breathemonica (2:33:24 PM): yo
    leestaysfly (2:33:59 PM): Aha!
    leestaysfly (2:34:05 PM): I successfully summoned you!
    breathemonica (2:34:25 PM): ...
    breathemonica went away at 2:34:30 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leesburg, FL
    Posts
    75

    Default

    The computer in your household is a shared responsibility, each of you will be held responsible for the actions of anyone on the computer.
    Unless such behavior has happened more than once you should be unbanned after several days at most.
    Warriors of the Champion


  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowking[George] View Post
    Untimed bans are removed when the banlist is cleared, and that usually takes 6-10 hours. As for your IP, the network cloaks it with a host, so others cannot see it, and it is that host we ban. So in order to unban you, please tell us the name you were using and also try to give us the name of the op who banned you.
    Here's one for you. My internet provider has a host server that it provides a service for an entire region. If some idoit twenty miles away gets banned, beings it is on the same host server provided through my internet company, will everyone from that host server be banned untill that one idiots ban is lifted?



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Wow, whoever this Dratini927 person is, is incredibly unfair. They ban you for every small reason they can pick out of you. I got banned for just saying something twice like 30 seconds after I said it the first time because apparently it's repeating? WELL HOW ABOUT THIS, when I'm looking for something, if I am not persistant then it will never happen. So instead of kicking people they should be more leniant and understanding. I wanted to point this out. It barely occurs to me with other mods, just this Dratini927 person who is very unfair.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Shamouti Shrine
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    1) It was a script, hence he didn't actually ban you himself OMG HES SO UNNFAIR etc.
    2) It was a 5 minute script ban for repeating, meaning you could actually rejoin in 5 minutes. Plus, the time is stated in the kick message, so you can't complain of not knowing that.
    3) If you had read the rules, you would have known that repeating too often triggers script. Not our fault.

    Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

    PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

    [14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish


    *** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leesburg, FL
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    Here's one for you. My internet provider has a host server that it provides a service for an entire region. If some idoit twenty miles away gets banned, beings it is on the same host server provided through my internet company, will everyone from that host server be banned untill that one idiots ban is lifted?
    host servers still differentiates between individual computers as they have to assign a routing address to them, and thus the hostmask varies from computer to computer. If your service really does give a single hostmask for the ENTIRE region (for some strange reason) then unfortunately yes..you will be subject to that one person's ban. Unfortunately this is the reality of operation on the internet, mistakes can be made and precision is not absolute.
    Warriors of the Champion


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Chatroom name: "Kirbu," "DawnFan," and "Justkidding"
    Chatroom: #spp
    Operator in question: Kirby
    Kick message: (you're done now)
    Time and date: [15:54] on (6/17)
    Logs: <none>

    First, some preface:
    Over the past few weeks, I'd posted on the chatroom as the user "DawnFan" in an effort to garner discussion over the role of the character "Dawn" in the Pokemon anime. My participation as "DawnFan" has been, numerous times, considering 'trolling' by the Ops, and I'd been asked yesterday (6/16) to cease 'trolling' as DawnFan by the Op "Kirby."

    More past issues: Yesterday (6/16), I was also asked to change my username from "Kirbu" by the same Op "Kirby," because it was too similar to her name. I complied, and posted again as "DawnFan." Here I was told a final time to stop 'trolling' as DawnFan.

    TODAY (6/17): I enter the chat as "Kirbu" and begin discussing competitive movesets for Infernape. The Op "Kirby" is not in the chat. Kirbu is my username on multiple chats, and is my AIM screenname as well. I am simultaneously on the site "smogon.com/forums/" referencing other discussions concerning the Infernape metagame. As I am browsing smogon.com, Kirby posts a message on the main chat asking me to change my username. I do not see this message, as I am viewing other tabs. I post another message to the chat concerning the Infernape moveset and am subsequently kicked (as a warning) and asked to change my username in the kick message (I do not still have this message but it occurred approximately 2 minutes before the ban).

    When I rejoined, because of my past relationship with the Op "Kirby," I joined under the username "DawnFan," as a joke. I did not make any inflammatory posts and did not 'troll' as had been requested of me. Within 10 seconds of changing my username to "DawnFan" I reverted and changed it to "Justkidding" in order to indicate to the Op that I was "just kidding" and had no intent of trolling- I merely wanted to continue the discussion about Infernape in competitive play. I was banned several seconds AFTER changing my username to "Justkidding," with the message (you're done now). When I /queried Kirby as to the reason for my ban, she said that she was "sick of my attitude problem."

    There are a few issues here:

    1. Username similarity- I was never intentionally trying to make my username similar to the Op "Kirby." Yesterday, it was pure coincidence that she was logged in when I switched my name to "Kirbu," and today she was not logged in at all to the chat when I made my username "Kirbu." When an Op is not in the chat, I believe that it is acceptable to have a username (unintentionally) similar to them if it does not cause trouble. I changed my username as soon as I received a warning kick, as I did not initially notice Kirby's request for me to change my username.

    2. Somewhat of a corollary to #1- Abuse of power- None of the other Ops had an issue with my username being too similar to "Kirby." Based on my private chat with "Kirby," she seems to indicate that having such a username that is similar to a notable user or an Op is unacceptable whether or not the Op is in the channel. This means that my having the username "Dratini" would be illegitimate because there is an Op named Dratini927- whether or not that Op is present in the chat.

    Here is the log of said chat:

    [16:11] <Kirby> no where in the rules does it say it's okay
    [16:11] <Kirby> to use similar names
    [16:11] <Kirby> when the other person is not on
    [16:11] <Kirby> it says don't do this, period
    [16:11] <Kirby> I did not mislead them
    [16:11] <Justkidding> I don't choose them with the intent to mislead.
    [16:11] <Justkidding> Plus BOTH TIMES, I changed it to something else.
    [16:11] <Kirby> it should not have happened a second time
    [16:11] <Justkidding> You weren't in the Chat!
    [16:11] <Kirby> IT
    [16:12] <Kirby> DOESN'T
    [16:12] <Kirby> MATTER
    [16:12] <Justkidding> Kirbu is my username of choice, and you weren't in the Chat
    [16:12] <Kirby> No, it does not matter, what part of this do you not understand
    [16:12] <Justkidding> I can't name myself Dratini either, even though that's the name of a Pokemon, just because the Op Dratini927 might join at any moment?
    [16:12] <Justkidding> That's ridiculous
    [16:12] <Justkidding> And that's not part of the rules
    [16:12] <Kirby> yes it is
    [16:12] <Justkidding> But when they are NOT IN THE CHAT, it's not fair.
    [16:13] <Kirby> it is fair, especially when it's an op or a well known member

    I do not believe that "Kirbu" is similar enough to "Kirby" to constitute a kick- but because the Op requested that I changed the username, I COMPLIED. I did not break the rules.

    Furthermore, "Kirby" references that other people had complained yesterday (6/16) about my use of the name "Kirbu" because it was 'confusing.' This was only true because Kirby and Kirbu were posting at the same time, which caused confusion because the usernames would appear side by side, obscuring readability. When Kirby is not in the chat, users should not be disallowed from having usernames tangentially related to her.

    3. What constitutes trolling- Yes I had used the username "DawnFan" to post messages of questionable legitmacy; they could have been construed as 'trolling.' However, merely using the username DawnFan does not constitute trolling- It is the ACT of posting messages that praise Dawn's worth and role in the Pokemon anime that could be construed as 'trolling.' I did neither of these, and changed my name to "Justkidding" almost immediately, to indicate it was simply a playful joke, and that I did not intend to troll.

    4. Location of the rules- I had no way of knowing that having a username similar to an Op was a breach of conduct because the entirety of the chat rules are not contained on the chat page. Because I do not regularly visit the forums, I did not know there was an expanded edition of the chat rules on the forum, and I was under the impression that all that I needed to know was contained in the space below the chat on http://www.serebii.net/chat.shtml

    This issue of username similarity would not have arisen were the chat rules more easily accessed or noticeable. There is not even a LINK pointing users to the full set of rules on the forum. This would be helpful to avoid trouble in the future.

    Thanks,

    Kirbu.
    Last edited by sppchatuser; 18th June 2009 at 1:42 AM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leesburg, FL
    Posts
    75

    Default

    19:55:08 | * Topic is '9,1Welcome to #SPP, the chat for the #1 UnOfficial Pok&#233;mon site http://www.serebii.net/ | 11Serebii.net, officially the most visited Pok&#233;mon site on the Internet!! | Want Battles or Trades? #SPP-WiFi | Please don't PM the ops unless absolutely necessary | Some say he has a heart of gold...'
    19:55:08 | * Set by Awayebii on Sun May 31 09:39:14
    19:55:09 | -SerebiiBot- [#spp] Welcome to #SPP. We hope you enjoy chatting here. If you wish to find someone to battle or trade with in Diamond & Pearl, please go to; #SPP-WiFi Please refer here for the rules; 0,1http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=381557
    The rules are linked to you every time you join the room, and you have been repeatedly disruptive under the nick "dawnfan" by posting inappropriate comments about your attraction to the character and several inappropriate remarks reguarding the character may as well. You were asked more than once not to use a certain nickname by an operator, and you refused to comply and then argued with that operator about it.

    The ban appears to be appropriate in being issued for the time being, once you are unbanned I would HIGHLY recommend avoiding either of the nicks in the future and attempt to be more appropriate in your conversations
    Warriors of the Champion


  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Wet.
    Posts
    6,035

    Default

    Session Start: Wed Jun 17 01:50:06 2009
    Session Ident: nickname
    [01:50] Session Ident: nickname (PurpleSurge, Kirby) (SPPGuest69@PurpleSurge-A43CCE7B.ca.astound.net)
    [01:50] <nickname> I was contributing to the conversation... but you were unnecessarily making me change my username.
    15[01:50] <Kirby> no I wasn't
    [01:50] <nickname> Yes, Kirbu is not that confusing
    [01:50] <nickname> It only became confusing when others began changing their usernames to "kirbi" or "kirbii"
    15[01:50] <Kirby> It's too similar to my nam
    [01:50] <nickname> With the intent to confuse
    15[01:50] <Kirby> and you did it on purpose
    [01:50] <nickname> No...
    [01:51] <nickname> Kirbu is where my grandparents live...
    [01:51] <nickname> It's a CITY
    15[01:51] <Kirby> I don't really care
    15[01:51] <Kirby> I am tired of being nice to you
    [01:51] <nickname> It's a city in Estonia
    15[01:51] <Kirby> You admit to liking to troll, it's not funny and it's incredibly annoying now
    [01:51] <nickname> This is the same issue we had with orangina
    [01:51] <nickname> And I wasn't trolling
    15[01:52] <Kirby> the dawnfan thing is so annoying
    15[01:52] <Kirby> how many times have I told you to stop?
    [01:52] <nickname> Fine I'll stop
    [01:52] <nickname> and if I do it again you can /akick
    [01:52] <nickname> But threatening to ban?
    15[01:52] <Kirby> I can't akick and
    [01:52] <nickname> For a username that's "too close"
    15[01:52] <Kirby> you said you'd stop before
    [01:52] <nickname> is...
    [01:52] <nickname> I did?
    15[01:52] <Kirby> yea and then you said you liked to troll
    [01:52] <nickname> Well this scenario was different because no matter what I get kicked
    [01:52] <nickname> I just wanted the "Kirbu" username
    [01:54] <nickname> Fine, if you want to ban, that's OK, I guess
    [01:54] <nickname> How long does the ban last..?
    15[01:55] <Kirby> or you could have changed it to a name and not trolled again
    15[01:55] <Kirby> but hey
    15[01:55] <Kirby> +1 on your part, you were banned for your stupid dawnfan gig
    [01:56] <nickname> incidentally, can you show me where it says we can't have usernames that are too close to Ops?
    15[02:01] <Kirby> 22) Do not change your name to something that looks really similar to the name of an Op and do not impersonate Ops.
    15[02:01] <Kirby> Do not use a name which might make people think you are an Op. For example, do not use the name Erik_DestlerJr because an Op already uses a name similar to that.
    15[02:01] <Kirby> http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=386017
    15[02:01] <Kirby> number 22
    [02:01] <nickname> Fine, fine
    [02:02] <nickname> They should have a full rule list below the chat
    [02:02] <nickname> Because I don't visit the forums, just the main site
    [02:02] <nickname> You should recommend that to Serebii
    15[02:02] <Kirby> I have
    15[02:02] <Kirby> so have others
    [02:02] <nickname> Because I was under the impression that the full rules were contained below the chat
    15[02:02] <Kirby> he doesn't listen so we updated them on the site and link to them in the chat topic
    [02:02] <nickname> Hmm
    [02:02] <nickname> Oh well
    [02:02] <nickname> So how long does a ban usually last?
    [02:02] <nickname> 6-10 hours?
    15[02:03] <Kirby> maybe, since you've had so many offenses now
    [02:03] <nickname> It's cumulative?
    15[02:03] <Kirby> uhm yes
    [02:03] <nickname> Oh... because I had to wait about 72 hours for this one to wear off
    15[02:03] <Kirby> we don't just akick people out of random, the bans get longer and longer until it leads to an akick
    [02:03] <nickname> well more like 2 days
    [02:04] <nickname> Oh, so that's how it works
    [02:04] <nickname> So I'll probably get /akicked soon
    [02:04] <nickname> :/
    [02:04] <nickname> Serves me right, I guess
    15[02:04] <Kirby> I don't know
    [02:04] <nickname> lol
    15[02:04] <Kirby> will you?
    [02:04] <nickname> Maybe
    [02:04] <nickname> The last ban lasted a looong time
    15[02:04] <Kirby> it's up to you
    [02:05] <nickname> I suppose it is
    [02:06] <nickname> OH!
    [02:06] <nickname> I just realized
    [02:06] <nickname> I'm moving... so that means my ban will wear off!
    [02:06] <nickname> Tomorrow!
    [02:06] <nickname> Yesss
    [02:06] <nickname> Does that qualify as "ban evasion" ?
    15[02:07] <Kirby> usually yes
    [02:12] <nickname> I guess I'll just never be "DawnFan" again
    [02:12] <nickname> Cool
    [02:12] <nickname> See ya Kirby
    Session Close: Wed Jun 17 03:16:44 2009

    This was a PM that took place between you and I last night, after your first offense of using a similar name to another member. You'd think after being told once not to do so, you wouldn't do it again, but alas, the following logs are from today.

    [15:52] <@Kirby> Kirbu, change your name
    [15:52] <EFG> Grass Knot on Swampert is devilish.
    [15:52] <Catman> lol
    [15:52] <Kirbu> Mixape carrying Close Combat can OHKO Blissey, Heatran, and Tryanitar on the switch
    [15:52] <Bombsey> well secun don't get any help then
    [15:52] <Caboose> ?
    [15:52] <zeneth> im going to do my presentation now
    [15:52] <PokeGuru> or on Hippowdown
    [15:52] <zeneth> bye
    [15:52] <Kirbu> And Snorlax assuming no stat-ups
    [15:52] <PokeGuru> or Groudon and Kyogre
    [15:52] <Secun> Kirbu's been trying to troll me this whole time. It's kinda lol-worthy
    [15:52] <GhostAnime> mixape can OHKO them all regardless
    [15:52] <Caboose> why would he have to change his name?
    [15:52] <PokeGuru> it would
    [15:52] <Bombsey> mixape
    [15:52] <@Kirby> because it's in the rules to not have names similar to those already taken
    [15:52] * Catman (SPPGuest40@FE1686E7.2F4D244F.D5150DCF.IP) Quit (Quit: Serebii.net Rules!!)
    [15:53] <zeneth> kirbu your a noob
    [15:53] <@Kirby> and I had this conversayion with him last night
    [15:53] <PokeGuru> even without evs it should knock out super-effective big pokemon
    [15:53] <Caboose> :O RULES
    [15:53] * SPPGuest4227 (SPPGuest42@39C19B72.490FF5EF.EFA86FD8.IP) has joined #spp
    [15:53] <@Kirby> -y+t
    [15:53] <Kirbu> I mean, if you're carrying Close Combat the only thing you have to worry about are Bulky Waters
    [15:53] * Skiks is now known as Decade
    [15:53] <SPPGuest4227> ok im trying to catch registeel
    [15:53] <Secun> Caboose: To avoid confusion. Mainly so people don't mistake them for actual ops.
    [15:53] * Kirbu was kicked by Kirby (I said change it)

    After I banned you, you came in with this...

    [15:53] * SPPGuest4269 (SPPGuest42@PurpleSurge-A43CCE7B.ca.astound.net) has joined #spp
    [15:53] <Nic> i used jirachi to weak him
    [15:53] <Bombsey> yes caboose well done
    [15:53] * SPPGuest4269 is now known as DawnFan
    [15:53] * DawnFan is now known as Justkidding

    Let's not forget you said you wouldn't be dawnfan anymore. Your attitude in general and the numerous complaints I've gotten about you in the chat from other members asking me point blank to ban you right now is enough to leave you banned. Your ban was fair, and I discussed it with the other ops (and even showed you what they said with permission from them to show you) and they also agree that your ban stays.
    Last edited by Kirby; 18th June 2009 at 2:01 AM.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Session Start: Wed Jun 17 01:50:06 2009
    Session Ident: nickname
    [01:50] Session Ident: nickname (PurpleSurge, Kirby) (SPPGuest69@PurpleSurge-A43CCE7B.ca.astound.net)
    [01:50] <nickname> I was contributing to the conversation... but you were unnecessarily making me change my username.
    15[01:50] <Kirby> no I wasn't
    [01:50] <nickname> Yes, Kirbu is not that confusing
    [01:50] <nickname> It only became confusing when others began changing their usernames to "kirbi" or "kirbii"
    15[01:50] <Kirby> It's too similar to my nam
    [01:50] <nickname> With the intent to confuse
    15[01:50] <Kirby> and you did it on purpose
    [01:50] <nickname> No...
    [01:51] <nickname> Kirbu is where my grandparents live...
    [01:51] <nickname> It's a CITY
    15[01:51] <Kirby> I don't really care
    15[01:51] <Kirby> I am tired of being nice to you
    [01:51] <nickname> It's a city in Estonia
    15[01:51] <Kirby> You admit to liking to troll, it's not funny and it's incredibly annoying now
    [01:51] <nickname> This is the same issue we had with orangina
    [01:51] <nickname> And I wasn't trolling
    15[01:52] <Kirby> the dawnfan thing is so annoying
    15[01:52] <Kirby> how many times have I told you to stop?
    [01:52] <nickname> Fine I'll stop
    [01:52] <nickname> and if I do it again you can /akick
    [01:52] <nickname> But threatening to ban?
    15[01:52] <Kirby> I can't akick and
    [01:52] <nickname> For a username that's "too close"
    15[01:52] <Kirby> you said you'd stop before
    [01:52] <nickname> is...
    [01:52] <nickname> I did?
    15[01:52] <Kirby> yea and then you said you liked to troll
    [01:52] <nickname> Well this scenario was different because no matter what I get kicked
    [01:52] <nickname> I just wanted the "Kirbu" username
    [01:54] <nickname> Fine, if you want to ban, that's OK, I guess
    [01:54] <nickname> How long does the ban last..?
    15[01:55] <Kirby> or you could have changed it to a name and not trolled again
    15[01:55] <Kirby> but hey
    15[01:55] <Kirby> +1 on your part, you were banned for your stupid dawnfan gig
    [01:56] <nickname> incidentally, can you show me where it says we can't have usernames that are too close to Ops?
    15[02:01] <Kirby> 22) Do not change your name to something that looks really similar to the name of an Op and do not impersonate Ops.
    15[02:01] <Kirby> Do not use a name which might make people think you are an Op. For example, do not use the name Erik_DestlerJr because an Op already uses a name similar to that.
    15[02:01] <Kirby> http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=386017
    15[02:01] <Kirby> number 22
    [02:01] <nickname> Fine, fine
    [02:02] <nickname> They should have a full rule list below the chat
    [02:02] <nickname> Because I don't visit the forums, just the main site
    [02:02] <nickname> You should recommend that to Serebii
    15[02:02] <Kirby> I have
    15[02:02] <Kirby> so have others
    [02:02] <nickname> Because I was under the impression that the full rules were contained below the chat
    15[02:02] <Kirby> he doesn't listen so we updated them on the site and link to them in the chat topic
    [02:02] <nickname> Hmm
    [02:02] <nickname> Oh well
    [02:02] <nickname> So how long does a ban usually last?
    [02:02] <nickname> 6-10 hours?
    15[02:03] <Kirby> maybe, since you've had so many offenses now
    [02:03] <nickname> It's cumulative?
    15[02:03] <Kirby> uhm yes
    [02:03] <nickname> Oh... because I had to wait about 72 hours for this one to wear off
    15[02:03] <Kirby> we don't just akick people out of random, the bans get longer and longer until it leads to an akick
    [02:03] <nickname> well more like 2 days
    [02:04] <nickname> Oh, so that's how it works
    [02:04] <nickname> So I'll probably get /akicked soon
    [02:04] <nickname> :/
    [02:04] <nickname> Serves me right, I guess
    15[02:04] <Kirby> I don't know
    [02:04] <nickname> lol
    15[02:04] <Kirby> will you?
    [02:04] <nickname> Maybe
    [02:04] <nickname> The last ban lasted a looong time
    15[02:04] <Kirby> it's up to you
    [02:05] <nickname> I suppose it is
    [02:06] <nickname> OH!
    [02:06] <nickname> I just realized
    [02:06] <nickname> I'm moving... so that means my ban will wear off!
    [02:06] <nickname> Tomorrow!
    [02:06] <nickname> Yesss
    [02:06] <nickname> Does that qualify as "ban evasion" ?
    15[02:07] <Kirby> usually yes
    [02:12] <nickname> I guess I'll just never be "DawnFan" again
    [02:12] <nickname> Cool
    [02:12] <nickname> See ya Kirby
    Session Close: Wed Jun 17 03:16:44 2009

    This was a PM that took place between you and I last night, after your first offense of using a similar name to another member. You'd think after being told once not to do so, you wouldn't do it again, but alas, the following logs are from today.

    [15:52] <@Kirby> Kirbu, change your name
    [15:52] <EFG> Grass Knot on Swampert is devilish.
    [15:52] <Catman> lol
    [15:52] <Kirbu> Mixape carrying Close Combat can OHKO Blissey, Heatran, and Tryanitar on the switch
    [15:52] <Bombsey> well secun don't get any help then
    [15:52] <Caboose> ?
    [15:52] <zeneth> im going to do my presentation now
    [15:52] <PokeGuru> or on Hippowdown
    [15:52] <zeneth> bye
    [15:52] <Kirbu> And Snorlax assuming no stat-ups
    [15:52] <PokeGuru> or Groudon and Kyogre
    [15:52] <Secun> Kirbu's been trying to troll me this whole time. It's kinda lol-worthy
    [15:52] <GhostAnime> mixape can OHKO them all regardless
    [15:52] <Caboose> why would he have to change his name?
    [15:52] <PokeGuru> it would
    [15:52] <Bombsey> mixape
    [15:52] <@Kirby> because it's in the rules to not have names similar to those already taken
    [15:52] * Catman (SPPGuest40@FE1686E7.2F4D244F.D5150DCF.IP) Quit (Quit: Serebii.net Rules!!)
    [15:53] <zeneth> kirbu your a noob
    [15:53] <@Kirby> and I had this conversayion with him last night
    [15:53] <PokeGuru> even without evs it should knock out super-effective big pokemon
    [15:53] <Caboose> :O RULES
    [15:53] * SPPGuest4227 (SPPGuest42@39C19B72.490FF5EF.EFA86FD8.IP) has joined #spp
    [15:53] <@Kirby> -y+t
    [15:53] <Kirbu> I mean, if you're carrying Close Combat the only thing you have to worry about are Bulky Waters
    [15:53] * Skiks is now known as Decade
    [15:53] <SPPGuest4227> ok im trying to catch registeel
    [15:53] <Secun> Caboose: To avoid confusion. Mainly so people don't mistake them for actual ops.
    [15:53] * Kirbu was kicked by Kirby (I said change it)

    After I banned you, you came in with this...

    [15:53] * SPPGuest4269 (SPPGuest42@PurpleSurge-A43CCE7B.ca.astound.net) has joined #spp
    [15:53] <Nic> i used jirachi to weak him
    [15:53] <Bombsey> yes caboose well done
    [15:53] * SPPGuest4269 is now known as DawnFan
    [15:53] * DawnFan is now known as Justkidding

    Let's not forget you said you wouldn't be dawnfan anymore. Your attitude in general and the numerous complaints I've gotten about you in the chat from other members asking me point blank to ban you right now is enough to leave you banned. Your ban was fair, and I discussed it with the other ops (and even showed you what they said with permission from them to show you) and they also agree that your ban stays.
    Let me get this straight- the person reviewing my ban complaint is the person who banned me? That hardly seems appropriate.

    Furthermore, I'm sure the other Ops agreed with you after hearing your side of the story- Perhaps after they have read my version of the events they would think differently, and maybe reevaluate the ban.

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post
    The rules are linked to you every time you join the room, and you have been repeatedly disruptive under the nick "dawnfan" by posting inappropriate comments about your attraction to the character and several inappropriate remarks reguarding the character may as well. You were asked more than once not to use a certain nickname by an operator, and you refused to comply and then argued with that operator about it.

    The ban appears to be appropriate in being issued for the time being, once you are unbanned I would HIGHLY recommend avoiding either of the nicks in the future and attempt to be more appropriate in your conversations
    I suppose it's my fault for not noticing the rules at the top, and I apologize for that.

    I still have an issue with this however; I was asked not to use the nickname by the operator TWICE, and I complied BOTH TIMES. Banning me for using the nickname "DawnFan" is unacceptable- The username itself is not against the rules, but the activity that had been attributed to the username in the past was against the rules. I complied with the rules and changed my username BOTH TIMES that I was asked, as per the rules and as such I don't believe I should have been banned.
    Last edited by sppchatuser; 18th June 2009 at 2:16 AM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Raito alt; white guy.
    Posts
    4,202

    Default

    You were asked to change your name from DawnFan as you were causing problems.

    You changed it to Kirbu is some attempt to be funny.

    You said you wouldn't use DawnFan again because you used that name to cause problems.

    You used it.

    You then had attitude with changing your name back to DawnFan and then to JustKidding.

    Legit ban in my opinion.

    Let me get this straight- the person reviewing my ban complaint is the person who banned me? That hardly seems appropriate.
    Hardly. In fact, it gives a better insight into why they banned you.

    PS: I still agree with Kirby even after reading your argument.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Wet.
    Posts
    6,035

    Default

    The whole point in posting here is to have a multitude of ops review your argument. And look, two ops and one mod reviewed it and 2/3 agree with me even after seeing your story. The third one doesn't count as it's me agreeing with myself lolol...
    Last edited by Kirby; 18th June 2009 at 2:56 AM.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

  25. #25

    Default

    Excuse me if there is anyone with a kind soul.
    please help me. When i put in to go to wifi chat i get an error message stating serebiinetchat or something like that under that it says publisher unknown and under that it says windows will not let this program go thru for safety reasons and i dont know why.wifi chat use to work.
    and one more thing can u give me instructions on how to set up mirc for serebii chat wifi
    thank you

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •