Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly, post here. READ. THE. FIRST. POST!!!!

This isn't an irc help topic, it's a topic dedicated to unfair bans. You need to read the first post before posting here.

Go to this topic for your problem.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

Angry

I got banned, i was looking for a pikachu coloured pichu and someone said that they would trade if i got an azure flute, i didn't know what it was so i asked and then got kicked.
    Chatroom: WIFI
    Name: HGSSJiMmY
    What I said: Has anybody got an azure flute?
    Date: 20th June 2009
    Time: Not sure around 7.15 GMT

I got banned simply for saying Arceus. No, i didn't ASK for an Arceus. In fact, i actually said "It makes sense that we can't ask for Arceus" and i got banned just because Arceus was in my sentence.

I even tested something else later, i spelled it out by typing A-r-c-e-u-s and i got banned AGAIN! This is stupid, you can't get banned just for SAYING IT'S NAME...

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Chatroom name:Main chat
    Chatroom:#spp wifi and #spp
    Operator in question: Raikuga and Erik_destler
    Kick message:Erik_destler kick said "Go away" and Raikugas said "Text flodding"
    Time and date:Friday June19th, 2009. Raikugas time was around 19:20 ish and Eriks was around 22:00's
    Logs:i dont have any logs but i remeber what i exatcly said.

<iSTAYFRESHxiSTAYLEGIT> how long was my ban for/how do i find out how long it is?
    <Erik_Destler> <iSTAYFRESHxiSTAYLEGIT> your so annoying or something like that
    <iSTAYFRESHxiSTAYLEGIT> well ERIK im not the one text flooding the chat and using 100% so i dunno why your talking.
    then BOOM! i get kicked and i now im still not about to go in.

and for Raikuga. i really did text flood to be perfectly honest. but ive bene banned for 3 hours now so i dont know wahts up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Nexus View Post
    I got banned simply for saying Arceus. No, i didn't ASK for an Arceus. In fact, i actually said "It makes sense that we can't ask for Arceus" and i got banned just because Arceus was in my sentence.

I even tested something else later, i spelled it out by typing A-r-c-e-u-s and i got banned AGAIN! This is stupid, you can't get banned just for SAYING IT'S NAME...
    Actually you can, we have a script set up so that just saying the name gets you banned. Stupid or not that's the breaks.

I'm assuming that was in SPP-Wifi, as the regular chat from what I remember doesn't ban you for saying Arceus. In that case, saying the name with no intention of trading it or looking to obtain it (despite it being forbidden at the moment) is kind of spammish anyways...

The more you know~~~
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

i am still banned from wifi chat and spp. wtf its been over 12 hours!. >:|

Good lord you obviously failed to read the first post. First of all, don't double post, second of all, you're going to have to wait for Raikuga/Erik to read this as they banned you.

Don't spam again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Actually you can, we have a script set up so that just saying the name gets you banned. Stupid or not that's the breaks.

I'm assuming that was in SPP-Wifi, as the regular chat from what I remember doesn't ban you for saying Arceus. In that case, saying the name with no intention of trading it or looking to obtain it (despite it being forbidden at the moment) is kind of spammish anyways...

The more you know~~~

That's just...stupid...there's nothing wrong at all with just saying the name...

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

Good lord you obviously failed to read the first post. First of all, don't double post, second of all, you're going to have to wait for Raikuga/Erik to read this as they banned you.

Don't spam again.
    lol arrite. i really dont get it. but ill wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Nexus View Post
    That's just...stupid...there's nothing wrong at all with just saying the name...
    In #SPP-Wifi there is, you'd think after being banned once for it you wouldn't go and do it again, even to test it.
    Last edited by Kirby; 20th June 2009 at 11:22 PM.

Just to add to the complaint about Arceus, anything that does not have to do with trading or battling is considered spam in #SPP-wifi, and is not allowed. And since you are not allowed to trade or battle with Arceus, there is no reason for you to be saying its name if you follow the rules.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

i tried to log into the wi-fi chatroom today and then this came up:

"-hollywood.purplesurge.com- *** You are banned from PurpleSurge (Your host is listed in rbl.efnet.org. Please see rbl.efnet.org/?i=193.120.116.182 or email kline@purplesurge.com if you believe you were banned in error.) "

Ehhhhh.....wtf???

Diamond FC = 3480-9654-5684
    Platinum FC = 3523-8971-5870

Proud owner of an event and a Black

Read the first post, we cannot unban you from the server. You could always you know, follow the directions in the ban message to be unbanned. Next time, read the first post, is it REALLY that difficult? I promise, it has very important information in it that will help you faster then waiting for someone to reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilton09 View Post
    i tried to log into the wi-fi chatroom today and then this came up:

"-hollywood.purplesurge.com- *** You are banned from PurpleSurge (Your host is listed in rbl.efnet.org. Please see rbl.efnet.org/?i=193.120.116.182 or email kline@purplesurge.com if you believe you were banned in error.) "

Ehhhhh.....wtf???
    Best do what it says and email kline@purplesurge.com. Not an SPP issue unfortunately, so we can't help. It's a network issue. Emailing them will help you get back on.
    Last edited by Random_Shinx; 21st June 2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: added a bit more information

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Shinx View Post
    Best do what it says and email kline@purplesurge.com. Not an SPP issue unfortunately, so we can't help. It's a network issue. Emailing them will help you get back on.
    Alri, ill do that now then....

Diamond FC = 3480-9654-5684
    Platinum FC = 3523-8971-5870

Proud owner of an event and a Black

Default Hey look!!!!!!!!!

I find it ridiculous that this topic can't even get to the third page without people spamming it, failing to read the first post and failing at providing the correct format.

So now, thanks to the actions of a few, all future posts that do not follow the format or make it clear that the poster did not read the first post will be deleted AND possibly infractioned as spam.

READ THE FIRST POST THANKS HERE I WILL QUOTE IT NOW TO MAKE IT EASIER!!!

READ THE FIRST POST, this topic is now open and any posts that do not comply fully or partially with the format will be ignored!!!

This is a topic for posting if you've been banned from either #SPP or #SPP-Wifi chat unfairly. It was originally made to cut down on the amount of cluttering topics in the chatroom discussion, now it's being remade because you guys cannot read the first post.

READ THE RULES FIRST TO MAKE SURE YOU DID NOT BREAK ANY OF THEM BEFORE POSTING!!!

#SPP rules - http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=381557

#SPP-Wifi rules - http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=386017

This topic is not for whining about the way the chatroom is run, if you don't like it you may leave, no one will force you to stay. Do not argue this fact in this topic.

Here is the format you will follow (or something similar, but it must include one or ALL of these items). An explanation as to what these mean will be included after the format itself. You may skip the explanation of terms down to the giant bolded font if you already know what they mean.

Chatroom name:
    Chatroom:
    Operator in question:
    Kick message:
    Time and date:
    Logs:

Now for an explanation.

First is what name you were using just in case you are unable to provide us logs.

Next is what chatroom you were banned in. Was it #SPP or #SPP-Wifi?

After that is who banned you? There are several operators for both chats, some ops only op one chat and are not ops in another chatroom. We need to know who banned you so if it really is unfair they can be talked to, or at least provide their part of the story. You'd be amazed how many people posted about an unfair ban in the last topic only to be provided with logs and SURPRISE, the ban wasn't actually unfair at all, not even close.

After you provide who banned you, provide the ban message. This can be found in the status window. There is no excuse to not have this, as even java users can retrieve this. If you get banned while on java DO NOT close the window, it will have the ban message right in front of you.

Next is the time and date. Don't come here posting about an unfair ban from a week ago, we're not going to dig through our logs that far back, sorry.

Last is logs. Logs are basically a copy of the conversation that took place prior to the ban. Don't just show us the actual ban part, show us what happened prior to the ban taking place so we can see if it's unfair.

Note: We are busy people, a lot of us work full time and go to school, we do not have time to dig through huge folders of logs dating months or even years back to provide what YOU should be providing for us.

If you do not provide us with one of the above listed in the format your post will be ignored/deleted or possibly infractioned for spam. Your nickname you used while being banned is 100% required, as is the chat you were banned from!

Coming in and saying "Hey I was banned" and providing nothing to follow is no help to us at all. We will not help you if you do not help us by providing one of the following (preferably more).

IF YOU GET SERVER BANNED, WE CANNOT UNBAN YOU. You MUST go to the purplesurge website.

http://www.purplesurge.com

Last but not least, YOU are responsible for what happens with YOUR computer. Brother/cousin/dog signed on and got you banned? Tough luck.

So please, follow the format and heed to all the warnings in the first post and we will do our best to help you out.
    Don't make me close the topic again so the first post sinks in.

All I was doing was my little Billy Mays skit I usually do on the normal chatroom that everyone usually likes and then I get kicked. I said:

Hi Billy Mays here with Oxi Clean.

[17:41] You've been kicked out of #spp by Dratini927 («««« ORANGE GLOW > OXY CLEAN Kick Number 51102 »»»»)

Is that even fair? Jesus christ, someone get rid of this mod, cuz' this isn't the first time he's kicked someone for the hell of it.

That's pointless spam, and really annoying too. It's perfectly fair to get kicked for stupid stuff. He doesn't "kick someone for the hell of it," nor do the rest of the ops, we only kick people who break the rules and/or act retarded.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Chatroom name: Rathalos
    Chatroom: #spp
    Operator in question: I forget... D:
    Kick message: Spam Much?
    Time and date: Also forgot :/ somewhere between june 23-25, 2009
    Logs: Logs?

I was banned for speaking in Binary and Hexadecimal. Everyone else knew it was just Harmless fun, but...

Sorry for the lack of logs and the like, my memory isn't what it used to be
    YOUR SPINE IS MINE.

That's spam, it's against the rules.

It's a legit ban. Talk in English next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crypt Lord View Post
    Chatroom name: Rathalos
    Chatroom: #spp
    Operator in question: I forget... D:
    Kick message: Spam Much?
    Time and date: Also forgot :/ somewhere between june 23-25, 2009
    Logs: Logs?

I was banned for speaking in Binary and Hexadecimal. Everyone else knew it was just Harmless fun, but...

Sorry for the lack of logs and the like, my memory isn't what it used to be
    To add onto Ryuusei's post, talking in another language besides English is at your own risk, so if you get banned it's your own fault.

This topic is for unfair bans only, I am surprised you missed this part as you seem to have partially read the first post and would only know to post here by reading the topic title as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SanguisArcangel View Post
    All I was doing was my little Billy Mays skit I usually do on the normal chatroom that everyone usually likes and then I get kicked. I said:

Hi Billy Mays here with Oxi Clean.

[17:41] You've been kicked out of #spp by Dratini927 («««« ORANGE GLOW > OXY CLEAN Kick Number 51102 »»»»)

Is that even fair? Jesus christ, someone get rid of this mod, cuz' this isn't the first time he's kicked someone for the hell of it.
    I have been a chatroom moderator for a number of php forum based websites. Trust me, moderators do not kick people just for the heck of it unless they are really drunk or are having a hangover. (I'm not saying I've done that before). So trust me on this, the mod had a reason.
    The rain whips the lonely and crushed soul
    The dark clouds are closing fast, the wind is blowing the colors of life away.
    The growing shadow will darken my dreams, and with the fire inside me it feeds
    I'll be screaming in the stars when it's over
    Storms are raging on the path to home, once so silent and calm
    the desperate glare of the dark light is cast on the fallen one
    And when the illusions sigh no more, the journey to new dream will carry on
    'cause life is just a beautiful death

Chatroom name:SPP And Then SPP WIFI....
    Chatroom:SPP
    Operator in question: Kiori
    Kick message:"No such thing"and for #SPP the msg was "stop talking about illegal hacks and stuff"
    Time and date: 23:17. june 19th

i understand why i was banned from spp wifi now: i asked for someone with a certain device and i got kicked.. okay boohoo...BUT....it said "no such thing".... and....

so i click back into spp. and after that i decided to have a litlle selfless fun by mocking cereal.. and being goofy saying i had my own brand of cereal named 1337-e-os.. and MAYBE JUST MMMMAAAYBE
    i woulda got kicked for not peeking english... but no it told me to stop talking about hacks.... do 9 year olds run the chat or something?!?!!! 1337=elite.. not something to flip out about and say: "OMG HAXXORZ!" ,,, this is really starting to bug the crap outt of me.. ugh damn you Kiori....
    Last edited by The Real Gary Oak; 30th June 2009 at 7:21 PM.

Offering two shiny ev'd porygons,
    ev'd togekiss,
    ev'd umbreon,
    2 shiny ev'd t-tars,
    UT shiny gastly (Modest),
    shiny ev'd flygon,
    shiny ev'd (Maxed attack) Metagross.
    shiny UT scizor,
    shiny UT (jolly) Piplup,
    shiny EV'd Jirachi (:
    Ev'd mamoswine
    UT shiny Gyarados
    Max HP Blissey (Ev'd)

Just pm me, I'm a like-able guy who's approachable, if you have question, don't hesitate ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Gary Oak View Post
    Chatroom name:SPP And Then SPP WIFI....
    Operator in question: Kiori
    Kick message:"No such thing"and for #SPP the msg was "stop talking about illegal hacks and stuff"
    Time and date: 23:17. june 19th

i understand why i was banned from spp wifi now: i asked for someone with a certain device and i got kicked.. okay boohoo...BUT....it said "no such thing".... and....

so i click back into spp. and after that i decided to have a litlle selfless fun by mocking cereal.. and being goofy saying i had my own brand of cereal named 1337-e-os.. and MAYBE JUST MMMMAAAYBE
    i woulda got kicked for not peeking english... but no it told me to stop talking about hacks.... do 9 year olds run the chat or something?!?!!! 1337=elite.. not something to flip out about and say: "OMG HAXXORZ!" ,,, this is really starting to bug the crap outt of me.. ugh damn you Kiori....
    You asked for a hack device before, Kiori most likely thought you were attempting to ask for it again in the other chatroom. What name were you under (ie nickname not which chatroom you were in) if you give me that information I will attempt to locate your information and unban you.
    Warriors of the Champion

Chatroom name:Michiru_Kaioh
    Operator in question: Raikuga
    Kick message: "Don't trick people to trigger the scripts"
    Time and date: 17:17, July 1st
    Logs: I didn't get a chance to because I got kicked out before getting the log.

Someone in the chat (an SPPGuest) was looking for AR, and I ask what was AR, because I wasn't sure, and bam, I get the business end of collateral damage (and that person got a slap on the wrist). I wasn't sure if it was Arceus or Action Replay, because AR can stand for Arceus. For the record, I wasn't trying to get people to trigger the scripts. Sorry if this was a misunderstanding, because I was honestly not sure. It won't happen again, I promise.
    Last edited by Renelia; 2nd July 2009 at 4:29 PM.
    #SPP and #SPP-WiFi AOP (@)

Black: Francis
    Friend code: TBA

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast