Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Banned from #SPP or #SPP-Wifi unfairly, post here. READ. THE. FIRST. POST!!!!

Your name: Hi2
    Your host: Dunno, Comcast?
    Chatroom: SPP-WIFI
    Operator in question: Psynergy, has to be..
    Kick message: You Are Banned
    Time and date: 6/11/2014

Dunno what the issue is, I said Trading pokeball vivillion and randomly it said "You are banned" Ask psynergy what his deal is.

Your name: (unknown) Could not use the get your nickname command. Most likely it has banned my ip adress since I have tried multiple different nicknames..
    Your host: Unknown.
    Chatroom: #SPP-Wifi
    Operator in question: Unknown.
    Kick message: [07:51:35] Connection established. Please wait...
    [07:51:35] Closing Link: [98.67.166.248] Z:Lined (Botnet/Spammer)
    [07:51:35] Disconnected from server.
    Time and date: Unknown.
    Logs: Again Unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane194 View Post
    Your name: (unknown) Could not use the get your nickname command. Most likely it has banned my ip adress since I have tried multiple different nicknames..
    Your host: Unknown.
    Operator in question: Unknown.
    Kick message: [07:51:35] Connection established. Please wait...
    [07:51:35] Closing Link: [98.67.166.248] Z:Lined (Botnet/Spammer)
    [07:51:35] Disconnected from server.
    Time and date: Unknown.
    Logs: Again Unknown.
    for that one you're gonna have to contact purplesurge. we can't do anything about z-lines.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Chatroom name: Wifi guest(number)
    #SPP-Wifi
    Kick message: did not see it happen

I understand the whole brother/cousin/dog thing i really do but this is a HOUSEHOLD PC my step brother tried to mess with me and get me banned here. i'm terribly sorry for his actions and i'll assure you it will never happen again!

thank you for your time and all the other great things you already did ! i hope we can work this out

Chatroom name: Sage
    Operator in question: No clue.
    Kick message: Nothing as far as I know.
    Time and date: July 19th around 1 O'clock at night.
    Logs: None.

Additional info: It's just a trade that went ''bad'', but I didn't scam nor mislead anyone into doing anything. Thus I'd like to be proven wrong.
    I find it a great injustice to ban someone for no apparent reason. It's not like I mind being banned too much, it's the fact that there is no reason for me to be banned which bugs me. I was called a scammer and random people even told this person off since I've traded quite some time.

Anyways Thanks
    - Green

(I was using the name Sage, but normally I use the name ''Greenx'', I changed because he was spamming ''Greenx'' is a scammer and such. Since I just wanted to trade and have fun I changed my name)

Quote Originally Posted by drudex440 View Post
    Chatroom name: Wifi guest(number)
    #SPP-Wifi
    Kick message: did not see it happen

I understand the whole brother/cousin/dog thing i really do but this is a HOUSEHOLD PC my step brother tried to mess with me and get me banned here. i'm terribly sorry for his actions and i'll assure you it will never happen again!

thank you for your time and all the other great things you already did ! i hope we can work this out
    This isn't enough information for us to go off of, unfortunately. I'd suggest going onto the chat, and in the Purplesurge tab, type the command /whois [yournick] to find out your hostmask. The hostmask with look something like SPPGuest@[hostmask], the @[hostmask] being the relevant section we're looking for (example: @D9CAD83C.EB3B2A8B.1E529CA9.IP). From there it's a lot easier to track what happened to get you kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by xGreen View Post
    Chatroom name: Sage
    Operator in question: No clue.
    Kick message: Nothing as far as I know.
    Time and date: July 19th around 1 O'clock at night.
    Logs: None.

Additional info: It's just a trade that went ''bad'', but I didn't scam nor mislead anyone into doing anything. Thus I'd like to be proven wrong.
    I find it a great injustice to ban someone for no apparent reason. It's not like I mind being banned too much, it's the fact that there is no reason for me to be banned which bugs me. I was called a scammer and random people even told this person off since I've traded quite some time.

Anyways Thanks
    - Green

(I was using the name Sage, but normally I use the name ''Greenx'', I changed because he was spamming ''Greenx'' is a scammer and such. Since I just wanted to trade and have fun I changed my name)
    I have Pastebin logs of the PM conversation with you and another user that substantiates the claim that you scammed, so it's far from no apparent reason. If you can prove that the logs were fake, we can help out, but otherwise the ban stands, sorry.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Your name: That time it was Frodo
    Your host: PurpleSurge-3E83B66F.direct-adsl.nl
    Time and date: I don't know for sure I just discovered this morning, I think about a week ago
    Logs:

I was off topic for a minute so it's fair that I got banned, but it should be for 5+ min, not almost a week.
    I really won't go off topic anymore!

I really hope this was enough information.

removed it, behave next time
    life is
    a game

name:Wade when i tried to enter
    host:WiFiGuest35D78B28
    chatroom: #SPP
    operator: don't know
    time and date: just now
    Logs: as far as i know i didn't do anything, just asked for battles
    if you could tell me what i did wrong then i would gladly accept the ban
    Last edited by wadeq; 2nd August 2014 at 2:42 AM.

I'm assuming you meant #spp-wifi and not #spp. What happened is that you left the channel at the exact moment that I was going to kick you for channel advertising, so the kick acted as if it was an untimed ban. It was only meant to be for 5 minutes, though, so I've removed it now. Just don't advertise next time.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

sorry didn't know channel advertising could be a cause for a ban since a few people do it and they not get banned, but all good won't do it next time thanks

Your name: Don't remember, was a wifiguest username
    Your host: Comcast
    Operator in question: Tekirai
    Kick message: Something like saying stuff to the other guy doesn't help your case
    Time and date: about a week or so ago

So basically this guy was being a massive troll on the wifi chat, I PMed him and we both got caught up in some off topic PMs. He just decides to PM an admin so he can get me kicked as a "screw-you' kind of act. If I would've PMed an admin he would've been banned too. I figured something like this wouldn't last more than a day or two, but clearly this is a ridiculous ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal and Torterra View Post
    Your name: Don't remember, was a wifiguest username
    Your host: Comcast
    Operator in question: Tekirai
    Kick message: Something like saying stuff to the other guy doesn't help your case
    Time and date: about a week or so ago

So basically this guy was being a massive troll on the wifi chat, I PMed him and we both got caught up in some off topic PMs. He just decides to PM an admin so he can get me kicked as a "screw-you' kind of act. If I would've PMed an admin he would've been banned too. I figured something like this wouldn't last more than a day or two, but clearly this is a ridiculous ban.
    It's difficult to know for sure who you were on the chat without knowing the exact hostmask or what day it was. Try to log on and type /whois [yourname] in the Purplesurge tab and you'll get something like @PurpleSurge-FD7FAFA7.hsd1.tn.comcast.net as a result. With that we can see exactly who you were. No guarantees you'll be unbanned, though, that's up to the person who banned you.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    It's difficult to know for sure who you were on the chat without knowing the exact hostmask or what day it was. Try to log on and type /whois [yourname] in the Purplesurge tab and you'll get something like @PurpleSurge-FD7FAFA7.hsd1.tn.comcast.net as a result. With that we can see exactly who you were. No guarantees you'll be unbanned, though, that's up to the person who banned you.
    It keeps saying "No such nick/channel". There wasn't a username that I constantly went with, I always signed into the chat under a random wifiguest name that was generated.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal and Torterra View Post
    It keeps saying "No such nick/channel". There wasn't a username that I constantly went with, I always signed into the chat under a random wifiguest name that was generated.
    The /whois [yourname] command applies to the current name you have at the time. The host that appears will be the same no matter what your name is. Alternatively you can go onto #spp and try PM'ing the ops and they can try to figure things out directly.

Lightbulb +b

i was banned by lu. i saw him banning people left and right like a tyrant so i got aggravated and said he was being a b$#$%. i now get a +b every time i log in. i don't think he's a good admin. he even banned me for talking about the stat software people use to see a pokemons base stats and everyone uses it. u see it on youtube channels. I'm sorry for what i did and I'm on all the time and he was treating my friends unfairly and it didn't make me happy. i do apologize.

i do not remember what my username was because i logged in under a guest name. but i do know my information. this happened 3 days ago. if you can help it would be much appreciated i promote your website and also have many friends on here.

banner lu

my IP is 192.168.0.9.

my subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Name- Tyku
    Host-PurpleSurge-A46E72A5.fv.ks.cox.net
    Room- #SPP-WiFi
    Operator- i honestly can't remember, i had to go to the store not long after it happened and shut the PC down. Would be great if you guys could still check into it without the name. Almost certain it started with a T though.
    Kick message- can't remember the exact words, But it was along the lines of "If you think that's stupid you're going to like this"-kicked from room after that.
    Time and date- 8/9/2014 after 4pm. Can't remember exact time
    Logs- I don't have the logs, not exactly sure how to get them either since i turned my computer off shortly after.

Still banned...Over a day for something that probably shouldn't have gotten me more than a 5minute ban. Can someone please check into this? Because i honestly think the person in question was abusing his power in the chat room..

Quote Originally Posted by lux beatz View Post
    i was banned by lu. i saw him banning people left and right like a tyrant so i got aggravated and said he was being a b$#$%. i now get a +b every time i log in. i don't think he's a good admin. he even banned me for talking about the stat software people use to see a pokemons base stats and everyone uses it. u see it on youtube channels. I'm sorry for what i did and I'm on all the time and he was treating my friends unfairly and it didn't make me happy. i do apologize.

i do not remember what my username was because i logged in under a guest name. but i do know my information. this happened 3 days ago. if you can help it would be much appreciated i promote your website and also have many friends on here.

banner lu

my IP is 192.168.0.9.

my subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    I believe you mean Yu, not Lu. It's difficult to tell with guests, but if you're who I think you were, that ban was justified. Especially if you called him out for doing his job, kicking people who are breaking the rules. I can't help you here, though, you'll have to go and contact Yu on the chat and ask him yourself, since he's the one who banned you in the first place. No guarantees that he'll remove it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyku View Post
    Name- Tyku
    Host-PurpleSurge-A46E72A5.fv.ks.cox.net
    Room- #SPP-WiFi
    Operator- i honestly can't remember, i had to go to the store not long after it happened and shut the PC down. Would be great if you guys could still check into it without the name. Almost certain it started with a T though.
    Kick message- can't remember the exact words, But it was along the lines of "If you think that's stupid you're going to like this"-kicked from room after that.
    Time and date- 8/9/2014 after 4pm. Can't remember exact time
    Logs- I don't have the logs, not exactly sure how to get them either since i turned my computer off shortly after.
    The channel was given more than enough warnings to stay on-topic, and they refused to listen so they were aptly kicked. Your snide remark about them getting "pointlessly" banned is what cost you, and I can't say that her action was a case of power abuse. Unfortunately, I can't help you since I didn't ban you, so you'll want to PM Tekirai on #spp if you want to dispute the ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    I believe you mean Yu, not Lu. It's difficult to tell with guests, but if you're who I think you were, that ban was justified. Especially if you called him out for doing his job, kicking people who are breaking the rules. I can't help you here, though, you'll have to go and contact Yu on the chat and ask him yourself, since he's the one who banned you in the first place. No guarantees that he'll remove it, though.

The channel was given more than enough warnings to stay on-topic, and they refused to listen so they were aptly kicked. Your snide remark about them getting "pointlessly" banned is what cost you, and I can't say that her action was a case of power abuse. Unfortunately, I can't help you since I didn't ban you, so you'll want to PM Tekirai on #spp if you want to dispute the ban.
    I've yet to be able to get a hold of Tekirai. I do understand that a ban was warranted, But i do not believe a permanent ban was, As that is what this is looking like. Since all i did was make a simple statement after not even seeing the warnings myself. Which after looking at the rules for the chat room, Means i should have only been given a 5minute ban since it would fall under the "Stay on topic" category. So i do believe Tekirai is abusing his/her powers as a room moderator with the duration of my ban.

Also, You say "the channel" as though that would be something that would apply to me when i wasn't even watching the channel chat for the duration of this, I was in trades with other players, which if i remember correctly was 4 other tabs opened in my chat box. Me coming back, Then being warned would be a definite non compliance with rules, But i can almost gaurantee that i wasn't even warned, and had only said one sentence. So yes, I feel i did deserve a ban, But i feel the duration of the ban was very unjust and power abuse. Also, i don't remember saying they were 'pointlessly' banned, I just said it was stupid because i came back to seeing someone kicked for saying something.
    Last edited by Tyku; 12th August 2014 at 2:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyku View Post
    I've yet to be able to get a hold of Tekirai. I do understand that a ban was warranted, But i do not believe a permanent ban was, As that is what this is looking like. Since all i did was make a simple statement after not even seeing the warnings myself. Which after looking at the rules for the chat room, Means i should have only been given a 5minute ban since it would fall under the "Stay on topic" category. So i do believe Tekirai is abusing his/her powers as a room moderator with the duration of my ban.

Also, You say "the channel" as though that would be something that would apply to me when i wasn't even watching the channel chat for the duration of this, I was in trades with other players, which if i remember correctly was 4 other tabs opened in my chat box. Me coming back, Then being warned would be a definite non compliance with rules, But i can almost gaurantee that i wasn't even warned, and had only said one sentence. So yes, I feel i did deserve a ban, But i feel the duration of the ban was very unjust and power abuse. Also, i don't remember saying they were 'pointlessly' banned, I just said it was stupid because i came back to seeing someone kicked for saying something.
    it is not our problem if you weren't looking to see any of the 4+ warnings the three active operators gave at the time because that just dumbs it down to 'I do not know the rules of the chat I am using and I'm also going to be a smart aleck about it after barging cluelessly into the current situation, what could go wrong???'

yes they were kicked for saying something, which was breaking a rule. you not reading our rules is not at all our problem and offering your unwanted commentary on our bans is included in that. after giving out a series of 5 min bans to other people seeing a smart unnecessary comment on said bans like yours gets an untimed (not permanent, it just means it's there until I remove it which will be whenever) ban from me, sorry

@ #SPP, #SPP-WiFi [ Tekirai / Aigis / Teddie / Meowstic / Levi ]
    drop me a PM there if you want help and stuff

Spoiler:- -:

Tekirai already covered everything, but this is the conversation that actually occurred. You did say that ban was pointless even though it wasn't, and the amount of warnings was more than enough. The other thing you'll notice in the rules is this:

The following listed ban times are standard, but chat room ops may change the length of your ban to whatever length they feel is necessary.

If you are warned and choose to ignore your warning, you will be banned instead.
    If you break a rule that you've just seen somebody else also get warned for, you may be banned instead of warned.

So there's really no abuse of power here. Sorry, but you'll just have to wait until Tekirai decides to remove the ban.

[14:58] <Jacob`> i was only joking
    [14:58] <Jacob`> lol
    [14:58] <Jacob`> r u rly going to ban for that
    [14:59] <Jacob`> can u unban i wont do it again
    [14:59] <Jacob`> im sorry
    [14:59] <Jacob`> :S

Your story is rather inconsistent.

You're not getting unbanned.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

(14:53:24) <Jacob`> qwertyuipasfdhgljzcmbx
    (14:54:34) <Jacob`> zaqwsxcderfvbgtyhnmjuikolp
    (14:56:53) <Jacob`> aweoewawefrmzdsosdzzsfmstsreorea,aweaewmaewaoae
    (14:57:37) <Stevan> wow the chat became a spamfest and the admins didnt do anything about it how sad
    (14:57:53) <Jacob`> admins dont care lol

I'm not going to debate this. If you were really just cleaning your keyboard why not say sorry, explain that and then stop? It's not that hard to clean your keyboard and avoid filling the chat with nonsense. I guess choosing to get banned and then whining in #spp, to various staff members and in #help is a better alternative.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobb View Post
    i didn't bother to explain it because i figured it got ignored, now i look back at it and it really looks intentional but it's really not, i'm sorry for what i did, it won't happen again, could i please be unbanned?
    No. Please stop asking and wait it out. Before you ask, I don't know how long it'll be because it all depends on when the banlist gets full and has to be cleared and that depends on how fast other people get banned.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast