Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Does this annoy anyone else...?

Haha i never taught my pokemon stat altering moves either, but i never played competetive though.

Hehe kids are usually annoying. But yeah it really bothers you when its on a field yourself got an interest for. But how dare they ***** about the graphics on Red/blue they were awesome. They reason i hate remakes of the first gen games is because they(naturally) changed the graphics to match 3rd gen.

Quote Originally Posted by BynineB View Post
    In order to win Pokeymanz, you must use your Octopus.
    lol, in order to win pokeymanz I must keep my brother happy!
    Seriously, if he sees me play pokemon at all, its "Jack, get your Octopus! That Octopus does fire!"
    I don't play 4th Gen or 5th Gen.

My Youtube Channel. Feel tired of 5th Gen, with Stealth Rock, Eviolite, Choice Scarf, and priority everywhere? Come check out some good old ADV OU, where you can waste your time watching battles that go on for more than 50 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 in the thread "Is the God of the Bible Good, Evil or Neutral?"
    I think he rolled Chaotic Neutral.

My view is, kids will be kids, but it does kind of piss me off. Such hubris only makes things worse for them when their {insert ubers here} lose to my team, and I feel guilty for a second after telling them to shut up and quit crying, and learn from their mistakes and losses rather than whining. Only for a second, though. Then I stalk off to go practice some more.
    The pen is mightier than the sword...which is good, because I don't have a sword! XD

95% of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are in the 5%? that would shout 'Jump'!
    Copy the second bit too if you would push them off as well.

NERDS RULE FOREVER. Never let anyone tell you otherwise.

Live long and prosper, and I'll see you on the battlefield.

-Super Nerd Ben

Hah! This thread is amazing!
    Yeah, it pretty much annoys me when someone who just recently started playing pokemon, acts like they are the sh!t and knows everything about pokemon.

the Use your Octopus is hilarious.

OT- I don't think they should be expected to know all the old ones and train diffrent kinds of Pokemon (though Uber over useage annoys me) as long as they are having fun and not taking the fun out for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    It doesn't annoy me at all. Kids are like that. What I don't understand is why people are saying things like, "Embarrass them by beating them with UU or NU", when these type of kids probably don't even know what tiers are, let alone be embarrassed when they lose to a Pokemon of a lower tier.
    Not unless that NU is F.E.A.R

FC:4640-9215-5245
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=404315
    ^
    Go to my sprite thread [IMG]http://i32.*******.com/14oc31x.gif[/IMG] pikachu demands it

Some people look at a glass of water and say it's half full, while others look at it and say it's half empty. I look at it and say "It's a glass of water"

No, F.E.A.R. is responded to with the cries of 'YOU CHEATED!'.

I know from experience.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

I luckily don't run into those kind of people...
    The Pokemon fans I talk to/hang out with have a lot of knowledge when it comes to Pokemon.
    ^Sig made by Amazingkiss
    "Current" Black Team:

Also, aren't all of the old Pokemon pretty much accessible in DP anyway?

And even if they were bragging about their Pokemon, why does it matter? Kids around that age brag about a lot of things.
    THE
    END...?

guys, these kids are just like we were. I mean sure, they kinda bug me sometimes (ok most of the time)alright, Ive only ever met one who didn't) but one day they'll be talking about the same thing we are now.
    Fay D. Flourite. All kinds of epic.

image credit

my twin is xXContestShipperXx
    my Evil twin is riolulu
    my pair is Tadashi
    my wife is Mewluvr200
    my husband is Drybones446

Only thing that bugs me about kids who think they are "all that" are the ones who say.. I can beat you blah blah and they have an AR :P But kids will be kids.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

oh GOD, look at this, a group of what 16+ plus kids who should be out doing something physical are expressing their distaste at 6-10 year olds for playing a game designed for their age bracket as best they can understand, oh not to mention expressing how much more awesome they are than them because they didn't delete growl off their piplup.....PEOPLE ITS A FRIKKIN KIDS GAME. LET THEM PLAY IT THE WAY THEY WANT...
    and honestly when your not competetive battling or planning on a 100 win streak in the BT the stat moves aren't very important because most player pokemon greatly out level the NPCs
    let little kids be,
    Last edited by Hell_fire; 31st May 2009 at 5:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meteor64 View Post
    lol, in order to win pokeymanz I must keep my brother happy!
    Seriously, if he sees me play pokemon at all, its "Jack, get your Octopus! That Octopus does fire!"
    Would that be like it doing drugs?
    I think Octopus is a bad influnce on Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by arceusboy View Post
    i know people at my school fliping pee me off they always say stuff like i know more bout pokemon then u so i ask them a question like what is the 1st pokemon in the sinnoh or hoenn pokedex they say uh whats sinnoh/hoenn but i think it's groudon/kyogre/raquaza or in sinnoh dialga/palkia/giratina wtf i'm the fliping expert in my school i've got every game so leave the pokemon stuff to me ok most people don't even know that there 493 pokemon in total and that shaymin and giratina have dif formes they think its their evolutions
    no comment. Except this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_fire View Post
    oh GOD, look at this, a group of what 16+ plus kids who should be out doing something physical are expressing their distaste at 6-10 year olds for playing a game designed for their age bracket as best they can understand, oh not to mention expressing how much more awesome they are then them because they didn't delete growl off their piplup.....PEOPL IT A FRIKKIN KIDS GAME. LET THEM PLAY IT THE WAY THEY WANT...
    and honestly when your not competetive battling or planning on a 100 win streak in the BT the stat moves aren't very important because most player pokemon greatly out level the NPCs
    let little kids be,
    This.

/Thread.
    THE
    END...?

oh GOD, look at this, a group of what 16+ plus kids who should be out doing something physical are expressing their distaste at 6-10 year olds for playing a game designed for their age bracket as best they can understand, oh not to mention expressing how much more awesome they are then them because they didn't delete growl off their piplup.....PEOPL IT A FRIKKIN KIDS GAME. LET THEM PLAY IT THE WAY THEY WANT...
    let little kids be,

This comment pretty sums up my feelings of this thread.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

let little kids be,
    LOL!!!! I had no idea this site consisted of mainly kids/adults age 16+!!!

Anyways, I'm 12 (almost 13) and I still play pokemon. I started playing when I was 7, and my first game ws Crystal, though I soon became aquainted with R/B/Y. I also get annoyed when kids only raise starter pokemon and ubers, and use only offensive moves, but the truth is, we all did it to.

I used to do it, and didn't realize how stupid I was for 3 and a half years! Hell, my 10 year old sister still thinks that growl doesn't do anything!

BTW, my current games are: Crystal, Yellow, Sapphire, and I am getting Platinum soon. I have such few games because I gave alot away when I was 10!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pokebreeder9100 View Post
    This isn't intended to offend anyone.

It always gets on my nerves when I meet one of those six to ten year-olds, etc. who play the latest Pokemon generation and act like they're "teh most aweshum Pokeman experts evar!!!11!", when they've never even heard of Red and Blue and those older games. The type that think stat altering moves are useless. The type that only train starters and legendaries. The type who barely know what something like a friggin' Bulbasaur or (insert older gen Pokemon) besides Mewtwo and Pikachu.

Do these kids tend to annoy any other Pokemon fans? Nothing against newbies to the series, of course; I'm talking about the ignorant grade-schoolers.
    Actually, everything you said annoys me greatly! I must admit that I did most of that at some point when I first started playing. (My first game was Gold and Crystal) However, I will not lie: I still think stat altering moves are useless, but I know their not, I'm just an offensive player.

x~*~|Credit|Shiny|x~*~x
    ~Johto is Calling~

people think back there was once a time when all of us had that charizard with flame thrower, wing attack, blast burn and most probably another stab move equipping items that said *powers up fire moves*
    that's what we could comprehend at that time. don't make fun of inexperience, playing like this is the only way they will grow

[QUOTE=BynineB;9787756]Would that be like it doing drugs?
    /QUOTE]
    I think Marowak is worse of an influence, he teaches me to dig out the bones of deceased family members and beat the hell out of people with them.
    I don't play 4th Gen or 5th Gen.

My Youtube Channel. Feel tired of 5th Gen, with Stealth Rock, Eviolite, Choice Scarf, and priority everywhere? Come check out some good old ADV OU, where you can waste your time watching battles that go on for more than 50 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 in the thread "Is the God of the Bible Good, Evil or Neutral?"
    I think he rolled Chaotic Neutral.

[QUOTE=meteor64;9788351]
    Quote Originally Posted by BynineB View Post
    Would that be like it doing drugs?
    /QUOTE]
    I think Marowak is worse of an influence, he teaches me to dig out the bones of deceased family members and beat the hell out of people with them.
    Smeargle is a worse influence. teaches me todo grafitti and try moves that will kill me

FC:4640-9215-5245
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=404315
    ^
    Go to my sprite thread [IMG]http://i32.*******.com/14oc31x.gif[/IMG] pikachu demands it

Some people look at a glass of water and say it's half full, while others look at it and say it's half empty. I look at it and say "It's a glass of water"

Pathetic thread is pathetic.
    Can't wait for HGSS release next year!

oh GOD, look at this, a group of what 16+ plus kids who should be out doing something physical are expressing their distaste at 6-10 year olds for playing a game designed for their age bracket as best they can understand, oh not to mention expressing how much more awesome they are than them because they didn't delete growl off their piplup.....PEOPLE ITS A FRIKKIN KIDS GAME. LET THEM PLAY IT THE WAY THEY WANT...
    let little kids be,
    Who is Hellfire and how did he just own everybody's sorry ***?

Kudos to you my friend.
    You know it does

I've met tons of kids who have only played the 4th Generation. Sure, they have no idea what they're doing even though they think they know everything, but come on. Most of the people here (including myself) probably played R/B/Y when they were 6, and do you think we knew what we were doing?

If your so annoyed by a little kid, just fight them and see if they actually know what they're doing.

-----------
    Yup, I'm a Christian.

Most of the video game forum user base consists of 13-year-old boys. And this thread consists of junior high students picking on little kids.

Good job guys.

I find them annoying, too! However, I only use moves that do damage and I mainly train starters and legendaries, so I guess I'm sort of a hypocrite.
    However, I am among teh most aweshumest Pokemon experts evar! I've proven that Professor Rowan is wrong about 90% of Pokemon evolving. It's actually quite a bit less.
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/PokeTown_2/index/
    My site. Join, please.
    O o
    /Ż/___________________________ ___________
    | BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGG GGHHH!!!!
    \_\ŻŻ
    Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonloverXD View Post
    No law can stop me, I'd still play it even when they catch me and execute me. I'd rather die while playing a Pokemon game than live with no Pokemon games to play :P
    SPP Wife: ~Team_Mudkiepz~ <3

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast