Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pillars of Friendship (597)

Default Pillars of Friendship (597)

Regigigas Resurrection! J Again!

After being alerted to a disturbance at the Snowpoint Temple, Ash & Co., joined by Pyramid King Brandon, soon discover that Regigigas has been awakened by the evil Pokémon Hunter; J. With Regigigas being attacked, it started going on a rampage. Will Brandon be able to protect Regigigas and will J finally be defeated once and for all?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

So, apparently, Brandon has left Regirock, Regice & Registeel in Snowpoint to protect Regigigas...and we thought Ash was the worst at releasing strong Pokémon

I heard "mirai" from Brandon as he was setting the Gigas-Orb back on the pedestal... what was that in relation to?

Travels of the Trifecta! - Chronicles of an estranged family!

LJ | dA | Bulbagarden | ff.net

Diamond: 2749 - 7749 - 1840
    SoulSilver: 2364 - 7834 - 3761

Wow, so will Brandon be able to hold onto his title without his very strongest pokemon?

He has just made the battle frontier easier, maybe reggie would be able to get the brave symbol now

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    I heard "mirai" from Brandon as he was setting the Gigas-Orb back on the pedestal... what was that in relation to?
    May be it's just a temporary thing. Maybe he will return in future for his Regis - yeah, I don't want to believe otherwise. Brandon without regis sounds totally stupid.

when will the writer stop letting the trainers leave their pokemon away?

What!? He left all of his three Regis!? Oh, how stupid, I am soo disappointed...

Damn... And this episode had so much potential.

Maybe this paves the way for him to catch the Birds. You know, since they're his rematch team in Emerald? Whatever, it's not like we're gonna see him again.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Surely he have his reasons to leave the three regis behind! 0_0

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_piplup123 View Post
    Surely he have his reasons to leave the three regis behind! 0_0
    One reason I could see why is because of his knowing those three would be strong enough to protect Regigigas. It also is kind of an ode to DPPt, with you needing Regice, Regirock, and Registeel to face against and attempt to capture Regigigas.

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

This episode was looking unbelievably good until about the last ten minutes, where it all went a bit Pokemon: first Movie on us. Gigas vs the 3 Regis was awesome (got to love the double Hammer Arm), and the Battle Pyramid facing J's underlings was pretty cool too. Pity about the ending (you can just imagine J thinking "OK, 5th time lucky...this time for sure...oh, no, here comes the Plot hammer!")

That's...umm...incredibly interesting. Not sure of any other word to describe it, but I'm suddenly not keen on ever seeing Jindai again. I suppose it both enhances and takes away from his character, as while it gives him some form of character growth (that can't be easy, ditching your three unbelievably powerful partners), having those Pokemon in his possession are what made him such a remarkable and elite trainer in the first place. He's still pretty tough without them, but he's not the Jindai that the anime made us love.

So...other than that, was this episode still awesome? You know, since it had content outside the final minute. I'll confirm or deny the awesomeness later in the day, but I don't want to come back to continued whining over the Regi releases (thank you squirtleking, however).
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Ok now what can I say...
    The episode started off really well.
    We got the main heroes flying in the Battle Pyramid, which is actually kind of cool. Then we got some awesome Snowpoint City Temple scenes, with Hunter J appearing but Regigigas proving quite the match for her (for the first time she actually appeared in an inferior position).
    I also liked how the Regis were being controlled by Regigigas, and how when J was about to attack them they would jump in front of it to save it, even if it was after they had regained their senses.
    I also loved how Regigigas itself got hold of Brandon, showing to us that it does have emotions, and its nature is not destructive.
    I just wish Brandon would catch Regigigas at the point he actually weakened it (before stupid J interefered with Ariados).

Now, the thing that ruined the episode for me was how Brandon left the Regis at the Temple. I mean come on, they released a pokemon that belonged to a main character just 5 episodes ago (Ambipom in DP124), why do they have to kill us by having Brandon leaving his Regis behind? I honestly would have rather not watch the episode and gone directly from DP128 to DP130.
    I just hope Brandon gets the Regis back someday, and the writers realising their mistake and actually bringing him back in order to show us he did get them back.
    2/10 for this episode from me

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryon View Post
    One reason I could see why is because of his knowing those three would be strong enough to protect Regigigas. It also is kind of an ode to DPPt, with you needing Regice, Regirock, and Registeel to face against and attempt to capture Regigigas.

Bryon

But if that is what the writers are getting at howcome Regigigas came on itself in Giratina and the Sky Warrior? Anyway I think the writers just hit a new low STOP RELEASING ALL THE DECENT POKEMON!

Why does Brandon letting the Regi's go bother you people?

Brandon may not appear in the anime ever again after this, and he's not a main character.

Being angry when Ambipom left is one thing, but this doesn't matter.

i've seen ep pics on filb and i don't see any evidence that he lets them go
    3DS Friend code
    1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari
    Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Secret Base
    Coming Soon

just saw the episode in youtube.

it was a good episode really but the sad thing is that brandom leave the 3 regi in snowpoint hmpf! how can he maintain his title now without his 3 powerful pokemon..

as usual piplup joining pikachu in a scene hmpf!

regigigas loves hyper beam don't you think? lol

^ok, i don't understand japanese at all, but i'm not so sure that it's fully confirmed Brandon's ditched the regi's for good, he may come back for them once Regigigas and the temple are restored, but who knows cause as Cyber said we probably won't see Brandon ever again after this.

Of course on a side note, i bet Paul and Scott aren't going to be too happy to know he's let them go "temporarly" after all without the Regi's Brandon's not much of a threat as a trainer.

A guy who can handle the 3 Regis is sure to have more pokemons and as strong as the Regis, the trios are not portayed has strong as the others legendaries neither in the anime neither ingame so np, stop sulking because of a guy that prolly wont even appear(like Cyber said) anymore in the anime releasing his three pokemons.

brandon still has plent of strong pokemon left example his dusclops which knocked out charizard. He will still be a huge threat in the battle frontier.

Brandon letting go of his regis didnt see that did he show any emotion

So Brandon left all three Regi's in Snowpoint, eh? I mean it's not the end of the world or anything. And I'm sure if he ever want's to get them back, he can go get them. It's not like Ambipom where she was given to trainer. I'm not really upset over it, actually, I could care less. But even though Brandon released his Regi's, he still is going to be a powerful trainer no matter what.

Sweet zombie Jesus, you people complain about everything. There was plot outside the last few minutes, you know. :/

In any case, I'm surprised that J wasn't captured this time. At least her (stone-maker?) was finally broken.

Aaaaaand Iwane wins again.
    Last edited by Electivirus; 28th May 2009 at 9:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marrycherrylips View Post
    brandon still has plent of strong pokemon left example his dusclops which knocked out charizard.
    Mostly due to the fact Ash was an idiot and kept trying to use fighting attacks on it, and the fact the writers wanted his other pokemon to have spotlight as well is why Charizard lost that battle, but i'm not going to go further on that.

The thing is, Brandon owning the regi's is what set him apart from the other frontier brains, i'm not going to say he's weak, but now he's just a run of the mill "gym leader" like the rest of the kanto brains pretty much were seen as.

On another note, just how freaking powerful is J's Salamance? I mean for crying out loud it took a Flash Cannon and Two zap cannons at once, showing hardly any damage for it, and then gets it's own dragon pulse knocked back and still doesn't go down, i'm beginning to think J can't be stopped, not with something like that on her side.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast