Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pillars of Friendship (597)

This was way better than Darkrai vs. Cresselia.

Let's face it - the anime depicts legends poorly as a general rule of thumb. And while this was probably deserving of an additional episode and you can cry all day about the Regi releases of Regigigas' apparent healing power (I'll get to that one later), I can't say I was too disappointed with this one.

The opening minutes were completely awesome, from the almost movie-esque battle against the Battle Pyramid itself to J dauntingly walking up to Regigigas' shrine and going batshit on it with Salamence, totally disregarding anything the gang had to say. Much of this episode felt like a movie, actually. You know, the movie that Regigigas actually deserved (sorry, Shaymin). And you know I just loved Regigigas doing the boogie with random Hyper Beams once being awakened. He hasn't boogied for centuries; give the guy a freaking break!

Manipulating the smaller Regis' power was a nice touch, and speaking of the mutating bowling ball that is Regigigas and its power, I'm not annoyed about his revival abilities. After all, did he not create and mold Regirock, Regice, and Registeel and give them life? Regigigas gave life to inanimate objects, people. The Platinum Dex entry basically spells it out. Also loved Brock's scheme for breaking out of String Shot. One of the most clever uses of Croagunk.

I loved Brandon getting emotional over his fallen Regis. It's something you don't expect from a character who was previously portrayed as totally no-nonsense. It was very dramatic and you can tell how much freaking guts the guy has for leaping straight into J's beam. The slow motion effect as he fell into Regigigas' hands really added a lot, methinks. And we finally have evidence that J's beam is, indeed, breakable, rendering her totally powerless. I still hope we get an all-out battle with J's Pokemon one of these days, however.

Let's face it, folks - we aren't gonna be seeing Jindai after this. We were lucky enough to get him again in the first place, and I'm glad the writers chose to have him go out with a bang. I still stand by my statement that he's the strongest trainer we've seen in this series aside from perhaps the regional champions, and he was treated well in the anime.

J has yet to disappoint with her sheer heartlessness, and I give major props to the writers for never watering her down once. From sacrificing her own men to burning down a forest to turning Jindai to stone and leaving him there, she is the outright raw villain that this series somehow thrived without for so long. I'm also very glad they gave her to Iwane. And the BGM? Oh, how I pity you dub viewers with this one. Heavily Movie 7-based.

All in all, this episode had enough action to be spread out over an additional episode, so the ending was a little rushed, but regardless of whether you're upset about Brandon's releases (seriously, folks, we'll never see him again), I highly enjoyed this. Not only was this far better than Regigigas' Movie 11 role, but the action here was movie-quality anyways, which has basically become the standard for J episodes. We hadn't seen her in quite some time, and apparently her role with Galactic is still up in the air, as I didn't hear (i.e. understand) anything from her about it.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Amazing episode and the animation made it even better. I wish we could see J with more pokemon, not just the same 3.

I’m not bothered with Brandon leaving his Regis because he wasn’t a main character in the first place. It’s not a release that is going to affect the anime in the long run. It’s a good closure to Brandon.

I was excited to see we don’t have more armies or Golbats or Crobats, it gets old. Nice to see Metang there, Skarmory appears a lot but it didn’t bother me.

Reggigas is huge and I still think Regice’s voice is weird.=/

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    Sweet zombie Jesus, you people complain about everything.
    It's their job to do so.

At least her (stone-maker?) was finally broken.
    She'll probably get a replacement though. She'll be around for a while longer, I can predict that.
    Xatu's FireRed Pokedex states: "In South America, it is said that its right eye sees the future and its left eye views the past." This is the Pokemon world. South America doesn't exist!

I'm here too. . .DeviantArt Account

Read my fanfic! The Trial
    Contestshipping, R rated

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    That is undenyable.

And we finally have evidence that J's beam is, indeed, breakable, rendering her totally powerless. I still hope we get an all-out battle with J's Pokemon one of these days, however.
    The question is, how does one truely stop her, I mean her Salamance took two Zap Cannons and one Flash Cannon at the same time, hardly showing any signs of pain and then only seemed hurt when it's dragon pulse got knocked back at it.

In my opinion thier gonna need a champion trainer like Lance or Cynthia to finally take her down.

J has yet to disappoint with her sheer heartlessness, and I give major props to the writers for never watering her down once. From sacrificing her own men to burning down a forest to turning Jindai to stone and leaving him there, she is the outright raw villain that this series somehow thrived without for so long.
    Personally i'm getting annoyed by her now, i mean sure she's probably the best villian in the series, but she's only an independant force at best, if she had a full fledged team backing her, it wouldn't annoy me how strong they portray her, but she's abit too strong for an independant faction's leader, to be able to go against four legendary pokemon and come out with hardly any damage is insane, yes her device got broken, but she's probably got others in reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax
    I still think Regice’s voice is weird.=/
    I know, it sounds rediculious, i prefer it's old voice.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Why does Brandon letting the Regi's go bother you people?

Brandon may not appear in the anime ever again after this, and he's not a main character.

Being angry when Ambipom left is one thing, but this doesn't matter.

Anything to complain, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    Sweet zombie Jesus, you people complain about everything. There was plot outside the last few minutes, you know. :/

In any case, I'm surprised that J wasn't captured this time. At least her (stone-maker?) was finally broken.

Aaaaaand Iwane wins again.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post

Let's face it - the anime depicts legends poorly as a general rule of thumb. And while this was probably deserving of an additional episode and you can cry all day about the Regi releases of Regigigas' apparent healing power (I'll get to that one later), I can't say I was too disappointed with this one.

The opening minutes were completely awesome, from the almost movie-esque battle against the Battle Pyramid itself to J dauntingly walking up to Regigigas' shrine and going batshit on it with Salamence, totally disregarding anything the gang had to say. Much of this episode felt like a movie, actually. You know, the movie that Regigigas actually deserved (sorry, Shaymin). And you know I just loved Regigigas doing the boogie with random Hyper Beams once being awakened. He hasn't boogied for centuries; give the guy a freaking break!

Manipulating the smaller Regis' power was a nice touch, and speaking of the mutating bowling ball that is Regigigas and its power, I'm not annoyed about his revival abilities. After all, did he not create and mold Regirock, Regice, and Registeel and give them life? Regigigas gave life to inanimate objects, people. The Platinum Dex entry basically spells it out. Also loved Brock's scheme for breaking out of String Shot. One of the most clever uses of Croagunk.

I loved Brandon getting emotional over his fallen Regis. It's something you don't expect from a character who was previously portrayed as totally no-nonsense. It was very dramatic and you can tell how much freaking guts the guy has for leaping straight into J's beam. The slow motion effect as he fell into Regigigas' hands really added a lot, methinks. And we finally have evidence that J's beam is, indeed, breakable, rendering her totally powerless. I still hope we get an all-out battle with J's Pokemon one of these days, however.

Let's face it, folks - we aren't gonna be seeing Jindai after this. We were lucky enough to get him again in the first place, and I'm glad the writers chose to have him go out with a bang. I still stand by my statement that he's the strongest trainer we've seen in this series aside from perhaps the regional champions, and he was treated well in the anime.

J has yet to disappoint with her sheer heartlessness, and I give major props to the writers for never watering her down once. From sacrificing her own men to burning down a forest to turning Jindai to stone and leaving him there, she is the outright raw villain that this series somehow thrived without for so long. I'm also very glad they gave her to Iwane. And the BGM? Oh, how I pity you dub viewers with this one. Heavily Movie 7-based.

All in all, this episode had enough action to be spread out over an additional episode, so the ending was a little rushed, but regardless of whether you're upset about Brandon's releases (seriously, folks, we'll never see him again), I highly enjoyed this. Not only was this far better than Regigigas' Movie 11 role, but the action here was movie-quality anyways, which has basically become the standard for J episodes. We hadn't seen her in quite some time, and apparently her role with Galactic is still up in the air, as I didn't hear (i.e. understand) anything from her about it.

My thoughts exactly.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Well, it's certainly going to be fun trying to adapt my story into all of this considering the Regis were a rather focal point there - that's really my only complaint about Brandon leaving his Regis behind. It forces me to find a way to work around this in the future. XD Still, there's a lot of stuff that just seems vague... like was it not insinuated that there are different sets of the three Regis? There was that backstory for Regigigas that involved the trio, but unless I'm mistaken, that was all taking place in Sinnoh while it's pretty much a given that Brandon caught his in Kanto. Then there's the ones that appear in Movie 8, and then it just gets really really weird...

I'd personally love it if Brandon appeared with Palmer whenever his time comes because I'd love to see those two be canonly close buddies, but that's all but a pipe dream too, I guess. If he appeared with all the Birds, though, I'd really LOL. Ahh... too many ifs.

At least they totally made up for the pathetic Regigigas representation in Movie 11 by making it go nuts in this episode. Really, that was freakin' exciting. Gigas is THE MAN. I loved Brock's genius move here - really makes me love his character all the more when he's willing to get Handbanana'd by Croagunk to set everyone free. ♥

But what frustrates me is that so many people missed this episode today, and since I don't understand a lick of Japanese, I'm left wondering what the heck is being insinuated in certain scenes. Like did Brandon really imply he'd come back for his Regis later? I thought that might've been the case. That "mirai" stuck out to me. Not that we'd see this on-screen or anything, but whatever gives me a little hope, you know.

It's obvious I'm grasping at straws, isn't it?

Travels of the Trifecta! - Chronicles of an estranged family!

LJ | dA | Bulbagarden | ff.net

Diamond: 2749 - 7749 - 1840
    SoulSilver: 2364 - 7834 - 3761

-sigh- People here who are complaining about Brandon releasing his 3 Regis have completely missed the whole ordeal of the episode... It's not like we'll be seeing him again. Many reviewers here are saying that it "ruined the whole episode". I completely disagree with that. This episode deserved a 10/10 for the quality of the writing and... everything about it!

For once, it was Brock who found a way to set everyone free. (yay!:P) I thought Dawn's reactions were hilarious. XP

The way the Regis sacrificed themselves for their "king" was touching, really. When they jumped in front of Regigigas to protect him, I thought that was really sweet. Especially when Regigigas caught Brandon when he was turned to stone.

J's role in the episode was wonderful and to be expected in it. She was a real villain here. :P She practically made the ep's plot.

I fully enjoyed this ep to it's full potential. That's why I gave it a 10/10. I don't really care that Brandon let go his Regis. It makes sense, kinda. He probably realized how much it means for the Regis to make sure that Regigigas was safe at all times. He put his Pokemon's feelings in front of his own and let them protect their "king". I thought that was nice, too. (:

Fully enjoyable episode, imo.

What sucked is that Regigigas didn't use Crush Grip once in this episode

This episode was good! I'm not concerned about the 3 regi's because if we go back to Johto, they might hhave Brandon capture Suicune, Entie, and Raikou! Seriously! If we don't see him again Oh well! Although, I'm sure Paul would have done fairly good if they battled AFTER this episode.

As for J, her and Giovanne were meant for each other!

well I think brandon will come back for the regi's
    anyway, I'm still ****** of now that the uploaders in youtube upload this episodes not in HD it's really frustrating really and it's also bothering? anyone bothered?

I love Hunter J and this episode made me very, very happy.

This Episode was great. I don't get why people think Brandon is now weaker. Ash has done the same thing with some of his strongest pokemon.

Brandon releasing his Regi was understandable. He still strong. Remember he took Ash Charizard down without using a regi Charizard is one of Ash strongest pokemon.

J's Role was okay but really, why did she flee when she had the three regi turn to stone?

Brock still try to get a girlfriend even though he trap in stringshot was funny.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

I know I don't understand Japanese, but came someone who does actually translate what the ending lines are? The episode does not seem to make it seem that he leaves the Regis.

what did Regigigas use to revive Brandon and the Regis?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Well this will alter my fanfic ideas about the Battle Pyramid SEVERELY.

Anyone else here think Dragon Pulse should look a bit different from how it's portrayed here?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I thought this episode was really well done. It was great to see J again though I really do wonder how Ash and co are honestly gonna take her Salemance down when it comes to the time that they finally beat her if the thing could take all 4 Regi's at once and come out almost unphased.

It was great to see a new army of pokemon attacking, this time being Metang and Skarmory though it was kinda annoying seeing Piplup taking down an army of Metang. I mean Pikachu I can understand taking down the Skarmory, but come on, now they're getting ridiculous with Piplups strength. What next, it goes toe to toe with Entai when they go to Johto?

It was a nice touch at the end for Brandon to release his Regis to protect Regigigis. After all, you gotta remember, he's still gonna be a powerful trainer without them, after all he beat the Regis at some point with his pokemon to catch them to begin with

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Master 7 View Post
    It was great to see a new army of pokemon attacking, this time being Metang and Skarmory though it was kinda annoying seeing Piplup taking down an army of Metang. I mean Pikachu I can understand taking down the Skarmory, but come on, now they're getting ridiculous with Piplups strength. What next, it goes toe to toe with Entai when they go to Johto?
    Haha, I thought the same thing. Piplup's bubblebeam holding off about 50 Metang was pretty ridiculous...but Pikachu shocking all the Skarmory kinda made sense.

Anyway very good episode with a slightly rushed conclusion. J seems to awkwardly give up what she's doing toward the end and just retreat, but I suppose that's better than seeing her defeated considering she's still going to appear.

The anime actually balances out the pokemons power now.

Regigigas' hyper beam vs. Salamence's dragon pulse ended in a draw. When Piplup and Piplup tried to stop that next dragon pulse I was thinking it would also end in a draw, leading us to believe that the two screenhogs are just as strong as the legendary giant. I was actually surprised to see that even the combined strength of the two mascots couldn't defend against J's Salamences' dragon pulse.

This episode had some epic action scenes. J took quite a beating and just kept coming back.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Excellent episode. I do love when J appears. She's such an incredible character, and her strength is amazing. Her Salamence is even more powerful than I initially gave it credit for. I'd imagine she's been in the business a long time and has ample amount of experience with dealing with minor annoyances.

I could really feel for her after all those failures to capture Regigigas. One, two, three, FOUR?! If this were a mature show, she certainly would have had a few choice words to say.

Animation was excellent, only flaws were Piplup taking down so many Metang and the somewhat rushed ending. Hyper Beam spam was amusing.

I would like to see ash,s charizard battle j,s salamence

Damn der was alot of hyper beam in this episode lol

nd yeh da ending was a bit too rushed nd they should have had the three regis awaken it instead of 3 pillars being destroyed

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Yo, this episode was HOT!!! Hunter J was owning everybody in this episode, even Brandon w/ his 3 Regis. I was like "Wow, this chick rocks". I like how she brought down Brandon's flying pyramid w/ all those Metangs & Skarmonys. Too bad neither J or Brandon didn't catch Regigigas.

J took a beating though

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Anyone else here think Dragon Pulse should look a bit different from how it's portrayed here?
    Dragon Pulse has always looked like that though since it debuted back in the pokeringer contest.

Gotta say the the writers sure love making ball shaped moves alot, kinda lazy don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    J took a beating though
    I really don't consider her arm cannon getting broken = a defeat, sure she had to withdraw but her Salamance was more than capable of continuing the fight.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 29th May 2009 at 11:32 PM.

J is going to be stopped for real in this??

HAHAHAH! I seriously doubt that she'll discontinue being a hunter anytime soon. IMO, the only way to stop people like J is to give them the case of Dead; in other words, kill her.

Yeah, I'm a merciless guy...

Hunter J has never really been defeated but she seemingly gives up after a certain point and just leaves.

Did Hunter J say why she suddenly stopped going after Regigigas and just flew off?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast