Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pillars of Friendship (597)

Oh hey, that ep with J is here! And it has Brandon too, so it's double awesome? What's that, Lassie? Brandon let his Regis go? Well, I guess this episode sucks already? Nevermind that the Regis are the most boring legendaries in existance, they're what MADE Bran...oh wait, S. Suikin did that already. (the "S" stands for "snatcher of joke opportunities")

-Last time, on POKEMON: ADS AND STUFF: Something bad is happening!
    -Man, that Battle Pyramid is using so much of the animator's CGI budget that the Arceus movie is going to have no CGI whatsoever unless they get their act together and start cutting back on things like the Bubblebeams.
    -Hey kids, it's LEGEND TIME. In today's LEGEND TIME, there's this one volcano around Snowpoint and the Regis throw some rocks in it and it's all good.
    -Hunter J! Forget LEGEND TIME, now it's AWESOME TIME!
    -Why does the outside pavilion part of the temple look suspiciously similar to the pillars and stuff outside of the Canalave ruins? Ah, recycled animation. You try to look different, but we all know the animators are just being lazy again. (or perhaps I'm seeing things that aren't there! ...naaaaaaah.)
    -Cyrus controlled a seemingly endless stream of Golbat. J controls a giant flying wall of Metang and Skarmory. I think it's clear who's more badass here.
    -And the Pyramid is down! J continues to be the best Pokemon villain ever.
    -Luckily for everyone, Brandon has a flying car. No, really.
    -But J marches on, and has her Salamence destroy the pillars of (no, stop, I'm not saying anything more, you already know what the three pillars around the blue Regigigas stone thing are made of. Hint:Each one is made of a different material. And there are three of time. And they relate to Regigigas.).
    -Salamence politely stops its Hyper Beam in progress when it hears Brandon tell it to stop.
    -J gets Salamence back into gear, and Ash wisely tries to charge into the path of its Hyper Beam. But he's too late. Sorry Ash, Brandon gets all of the HARDCORE MOFO cred this ep and there's nothing you can do about it.
    -RE.GI.GIG.A.SU.
    -Regigiggigigigigigas is destroying the temple for no reason. But it's a legendary, so I think we all expected it to start wrecking stuff for no reason.
    -J knows well enough to get out of dodge as things get too dangerous. Brandon knows well enough to be a HARDCORE MOFO and bring out his Regis to get some sense into that gigas(also to prevent everyone from being crushed by rocks).
    -The gang gets out just in time for the temple to collapse upon itself, trapping Regigigas inside...ahaha no not really.
    -Brandon resorts to having Regice freeze Regigigas...along with Regis Rock and Steel. HARDCORE MOFO cred level:5.
    -Oh by the way the ice doesn't even hold up against the sheer power of Regigigas, who shatters it like it ain't no thang. Someone get a master ball for this thing before its unstoppable march destroys us all!
    -But Brandon seems to be getting the upper hand, so perhaps not all hope is lo-oh wait, J showed up with an Ariados and trapped everyone in webbing.
    -Something happens to Brandon's Regis, as they seem to get possesed and...blow J up! Well, it's only fair. Too bad about Regigigas getting some sort of mind control over the other Regis, though.
    -And now we have four ancient golems blowing everything up with hyper beams. This is why you program your robots to be incapable of rebelling, you fools!
    -Brock hitting on the priestess to get Croagunk to break the webbing will go down in history as one of DP's greatest moments!
    -J gets to Gigas, traps it, goes to turn it to stone...but Regirock gets in the way, and the rock golem turns into...uh.......rock. But it's rock that's less alive. Inanimate, you could say. Basically she killed regirock.
    -Registeel and Regice join the Inanimate Regirock club.
    -Brandon, overcome by grief, commits suicide in the most kickass way possible.
    -Regigas sees the errors of its ways at last!
    -J hears something from her men that she's not pleased about and leaves. TG stuff? Possibly! Maybe! Or maybe not! I don't speak Japanese, I just ramble on about a children's cartoon in a language I don't understand for the benefit of the zero people who actually read this.
    -Apparently Regigigas can cure petrification. How, you ask? IT JUST CAN!
    -After making peace with everyone, 'gigas turns back into a...blue sphere. These last two minutes have made Regigigas the weirdest legendary ever.
    -Brandon leaves his Regis behind to look after Blue Sphere Regigigas. THIS EPISODE IS NOW THE WORST ONE EVER! WAAAAAH! WAAAAAAH!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Man, that Battle Pyramid is using so much of the animator's CGI budget that the Arceus movie is going to have no CGI whatsoever unless they get their act together and start cutting back on things like the Bubblebeams.
    If that's the case, I might enjoy Movie 12 that much more. =P
    -Registeel and Regice join the Inanimate Regirock club.
    Three Regirocks? I call "hax".

No seriously, I love how Registeel flew in front of that ray like a bird.
    -Brandon leaves his Regis behind to look after Blue Sphere Regigigas.
    Methinks the other Regis should turn Snowpoint Temple into a bowling alley and knock down a few pins using Regigigas to pass the time. Granted, Regice has a non-flexible arm, but since he levitates, he can cheat and cross the line without that stupid lane buzzer going off.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

J said that her client (who asked to catch Regigigas) canceled his request due to the event's getting too intense and loud, which might draw unexpected attention.

It was best ep I've seen in a while.
    Brock's using of Croc to escape from the web was very comical, yet meant even more because it showed new adaption of running gags.
    Also, never thought of Hidden Power ( or めざめるパワ "awakening power") used in this way to free 3 Regis and Brandon.

But I have one concern, does Brandon have insurance for his Pyramid? I hope so.
    He better call Geico, or more like Treecko since it is in Pokemon World lol.
    Last edited by Eastlight; 30th May 2009 at 9:39 AM.
    Platinum FC: 5241 7799 4194

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Hunter J has never really been defeated but she seemingly gives up after a certain point and just leaves.

Did Hunter J say why she suddenly stopped going after Regigigas and just flew off?
    Yeah, her capture device was broken.

I guess since she didn't have a way to catch Regigigas there was no point in her sticking around anymore.

Her capture device will no doubt need to be repaired too.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    Yeah, her capture device was broken.

I guess since she didn't have a way to catch Regigigas there was no point in her sticking around anymore.

Her capture device will no doubt need to be repaired too.
    Actually, even though her capture device was broken, she had other plans to capture it as she stated right after the damage that they'll use next plan and ordered an attack (but unfortunately was informed second later that client canceled the deal). So it can be seen that she had plenty of rooms left even without her capturing device.
    Platinum FC: 5241 7799 4194

I hope the next pokemon j goes after is manaphy I think it could hapen or maybe latias and latios afterall they still havet appeared in the animre

Do you guys think ash,s charizard could beat j,s salamence

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    I hope the next pokemon j goes after is manaphy I think it could hapen or maybe latias and latios afterall they still havet appeared in the animre
    They had their own movie and they were in one of Pokémon Advanced's introductions with Absol. Manaphy also had its own movie, I don't think J will go after any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    Do you guys think ash,s charizard could beat j,s salamence
    That's irrelevant.

Anywho, I was surprised that J's device worked on humans as well as Pokémon. It's a shame Brandon let his Regis go; they were excellent Pokémon =(
    Sig pending.
        Spoiler:- Stuffs:

Shame brandon was stopped from catching regigigas but that may have made the battle pyramid impossible, shame about the regi's being released they were cool.

wonder if j can be defeated?

Pretty good episode. The action was great, though rushed at times. J is back with avengence, and as ruthless as ever. I'm glad we're finally getting some actual villians in the anime.

Anyway, Brandon's Regis vs Regigigas was cool, and I was actually hoping Brandon would catch it. However, J's Ariados dashed that hope. =P

Looks like they've destroyed J's stone...ray...thingy. I assume she has more, but maybe she'll have to capture her next target (Uxie?) in another way.

The end was cool, though I had no idea Brandon released his Regis until I saw this thread. I'm surprised, but not dissapointed. It's not like we'll see him again, or Ash will battle him anytime soon. But, overall, nice episode. Lots of action in these episodes recently, and I'm REALLY looking forward to the Paul vs Ash episodes coming up.
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-3681-3604. Add me if you'd like, and send me a PM if you'd like to battle or trade. : )

Friend Safari Type: Electric. Contains Electrode, Electabuzz, and Luxio.

Brock's plan was either very, very clever or very, very disturbing. Not to mention very, very amusing.

Good episode, but then, I don't think there's been a bad J episode yet. And now I have a canonical base for something I wanted to do in a fanfic! So very considerate of them...
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

I hate Hanter J! I wonder if she will capture Dialga and Palkia next!

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

I love this episode and the return of two strong characters

cool Brandon again! and wow Regigias is big!
    i never knew he was that big o_o it was an great episode
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was ok. I just want to know why Regigigas didn't start disco dancing... That really disappointed me... =(
    ~Love--Dance~

First, I didn't know that J's laser thing could work on a human, but I shouldn't be surprised. What I think would have been even better would be if J had actually hit Regigigas only to find out that the ray is only strong enough to cover an arm or something. Regigigas is the Colossal pokemon, after all, and that laser has to have a limit.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

I though Brandon mighttry to catch Regigigis. I guess after seeing how strong it was he decided not to.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    I though Brandon mighttry to catch Regigigis. I guess after seeing how strong it was he decided not to.
    Er he did try to catch it? Don't you remember? He was all like "GOOooo pokeball!" And then J came and ruined everything.
    ~Love--Dance~

I get the feeling that the next time J is shown, she'll either get arrested or finally change her bad ways. Having TR and TG is enough for them IMO.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

So it's not Team Galactic attacking the Snowpoint Temple but Hunter J? It's been so long since we've last seen her. Regigigas and the other three Regis were awesome in this episode when they were on a rampage. Plus the three Regis sacrificing themselves for Regigigas was really amazing. What bothered me was Regigigas's ability, slow start, wasn't used.

I really liked this episode! Nice to see J appear! The Regis and Brandon getting hit by J's bracelet thing is awesome! So now, the bracelet thing is broken, right? It was a long time since J last appeared.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

J probably has more than one of those laser things; she will almost certainly be back.
    That was the most exciting episode I've seen in quite a while; many explosions all over the place.
    I wonder if Brandon will still be able to keep his position as the most powerful Frontier Brain now that he is leaving his Regis at the temple.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    J probably has more than one of those laser things; she will almost certainly be back.
    That was the most exciting episode I've seen in quite a while; many explosions all over the place.
    I wonder if Brandon will still be able to keep his position as the most powerful Frontier Brain now that he is leaving his Regis at the temple.
    Yeah, because I think J has another one in DP151. I liked the explosions as well. Good thing Iwane animated the episode! Brandon probably still could be the strongest Frontier Brain. Maybe he'll not be one anymore though and stay with Maria, the Regis and Regigigas at the Snowpoint Temple.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

This episode was good! It was good seeing Hunter J again. She still rocks! Her Salamence is incredibly strong for taking combo attacks from the 3 Regis. I can't believe Brandon is going to release his Regis so that they can protect the temple. Couldn't he just rebuild the 3 pillars that J destroy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast