Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Chasing Pavements (oneshot) - Contestshipping

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    58

    Default Chasing Pavements (oneshot) - Contestshipping

    Enjoy :]

    Title: Chasing Pavements
    Author: Cate (on FF.net at marysuesuglybff)
    Fandom: Pokemon
    Pairings: Imageshipping (friendship), Contestshipping, Waterflowershipping, Pokeshipping (implied)
    Rating: PG-13

    “Haruka!”

    Feet smacked aimlessly against the rain soaked pavement. The distant clapping of thunder and its twin, the twisting lightning, did little to make the girl slow in her pursuit of freedom.

    It wasn’t fair, she thought, not bothering to wipe the rouge tears away from her blue eyes. Life wasn’t fair, wasn’t right.

    Unbalanced.

    “Haruka!” the feminine voice called again, and this time the brunette caught a trace of a sob in between the “ha” and “ka.” Still, she did not stop, didn’t let her predator catch up with her.

    Kasumi couldn’t win in this game, too. Haruka wouldn’t let her; she’d protect herself until the last. Until death.

    “Come on,” a tiny voice cooed inside of her head. “Kasumi loves you, and you love her. She’s your best friend. She wouldn’t ever hurt you like this.”

    Then why did she steal his heart? Why did she show absolutely no consideration in her pursuit of… him? It simply didn’t add up. It didn’t. And Haruka, regardless of the tears streaming down her face, knew this.

    “Haruka, stop!”

    And she just wanted to keep running, but she knew that eventually her athletic pursuer would catch up. She always did.

    In every little aspect of their lives, Kasumi caught up and sped past her. In beauty, in pokemon training… and even though she’d only performed in a contest once, Kasumi had done remarkably well.

    “I studied you and Shuu, Haru-chan,” she had demurred after winning the ribbon. “I mean, if you guys had been in the ring, I would have been destroyed.” Kasumi was always so humble.

    It would have been nice, Haruka thought, to have been in that contest. She couldn’t begin to guess if Kasumi was at all right from watching the redhead in just one contest.
    “Haru-chan! Please wait!” Kasumi gasped, employing the nickname that they’d used since becoming so close. Of course, just as the gym leader had planned—Haruka knew she was ever such a scheming girl—the brunette really couldn’t handle this usage.
    Kasumi wouldn’t hurt her. Not intentionally, anyway.

    She came to a stop and fell to the pavement, her knees quivering from the extensive sprint. It wasn’t fair… she always won.

    Haruka heard the footsteps stop a moment later and felt the wet arms of the tall girl around her.

    “You have to listen, Haru-chan,” Kasumi whispered into Haruka’s wet hair, her voice rough from screaming. “I told Shuu no. I just never thought he’d bring it up at the dinner like this…

    “He came to me two weeks ago… said that he loved you but that you’d been so… distant lately. We talked for hours, I guess, because Satoshi was in Masara visiting Hanako-mama, and so we had no one to remind us of the time.” Haruka stared at the water glittering on the road. The reflections of the street lights twinkled as rain drops interrupted their peace.

    “But what happened tonight, I just didn’t foresee. But I promise you, he loves you so much… and I am nothing.”

    Arms lifted away from the broken young woman, leaving Haruka without a shield once more. Kasumi knelt in front of her, and Haruka caught a glimpse of the red blue eyes staring imploringly at her.

    They held so many lies. Kasumi never lost. She simply coated things over, shrouding the truth with her kindness.

    “I want to believe you, Kasu. But…”

    The redhead’s glance darted to her ring finger. “If you don’t, then take a look at this. It was a promise I made not only to my husband five years ago, but to every other woman in this world. And I never break my promises.”

    Kasumi never lost, the coordinator thought. She never broke. Never. And that meant in her vows, too. A hand stretched out and wiped Haruka’s cheek ever so maternally.
    “Shuu loves you, Haruka. I promise. So stop crying, for the love of Arceus.”

    Perhaps she was right. Haruka didn’t want to argue, especially not whilst sitting on the rain soaked pavement. She leapt into Kasumi’s lap and threw her arms around the older woman’s neck.

    “I love you, Kasu.”

    “I know,” she replied, giggling into the top of her head before pulling the younger one into her arms.

    And in the storm, in their lives, that was all they needed to be fine.
    Where do you go when you're lonely?
    Where do you go when you're blue?
    Where do you go when you're lonely?
    I'll follow you when the stars go blue.




    xx CATE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stuck in past memories.
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Isawthephoto,

    I really liked it, and it wasn't because there was Contestshipping. It was because of the emotions that you were able to portray through Haruka and Kasumi's friendship. Good job

    Quote Originally Posted by isawthephoto View Post
    It wasn’t fair, she thought, not bothering to wipe the rouge tears away from her blue eyes. Life wasn’t fair, wasn’t right.

    Unbalanced.
    I really liked this part, it shows how bad Haruka felt about Kasumi's 'betrayal.' You showed how it was like the situation was out of equilibrium for Haruka.

    Quote Originally Posted by isawthephoto View Post
    Then why did she steal his heart? Why did she show absolutely no consideration in her pursuit of… him? It simply didn’t add up. It didn’t. And Haruka, regardless of the tears streaming down her face, knew this.
    Aww... Contestshipping moment, on Haruka's side. Haruka being shattered by the fact that her best friend tried to take Shuu away shows how much she needs him, yet cannot do anything because of her friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by isawthephoto View Post
    “But what happened tonight, I just didn’t foresee. But I promise you, he loves you so much… and I am nothing.”
    I felt that the friendship between Haruka and Kasumi was very strong, since you made it evident that Kasumi wanted to save their relationship.

    This is the best part IMO:
    Quote Originally Posted by isawthephoto View Post
    Kasumi never lost, the coordinator thought. She never broke. Never. And that meant in her vows, too. A hand stretched out and wiped Haruka’s cheek ever so maternally.
    “Shuu loves you, Haruka. I promise. So stop crying, for the love of Arceus.”
    All in all, it's a really good story. The friendship made this story very touching.

    L0v3 is Evol
    Crystal Rose [Contestshipping]

    Ever notice love is evol spelled backwards?
    And that I and O are next to each other on the keyboard?
    There's also that fact that evol can be the typo of evil.
    And evil is live backwards...wonder what that means... =/?


    I Love You has a numerical vaule of 831.
    Eight letters.
    Three words.
    One meaning.


    Contestshipping+Pokeshipping Ftw =D

    += 831 = May + Drew

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L0v3 is Evol View Post
    Aww... Contestshipping moment, on Haruka's side. Haruka being shattered by the fact that her best friend tried to take Shuu away shows how much she needs him, yet cannot do anything because of her friend.
    It's interesting, because in my mind, Kasumi and Shuu never were actually lovers, and Shuu never loved Kasumi. I kind of just saw him being drunk at a dinner party and doing something stupid like kissing her.

    But I know from experience that watching someone you love fall for a best friend (even if they really aren't together) is absolutely horrible. Still, I think it says a lot about Haruka's and Kasumi's friendship that they were able to get past the incident.

    Quote Originally Posted by L0v3 is Evol View Post
    I felt that the friendship between Haruka and Kasumi was very strong, since you made it evident that Kasumi wanted to save their relationship.
    :]

    Quote Originally Posted by L0v3 is Evol View Post
    All in all, it's a really good story. The friendship made this story very touching.
    Thank you so much for your kind review!
    Where do you go when you're lonely?
    Where do you go when you're blue?
    Where do you go when you're lonely?
    I'll follow you when the stars go blue.




    xx CATE

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stuck in past memories.
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by isawthephoto View Post
    It's interesting, because in my mind, Kasumi and Shuu never were actually lovers, and Shuu never loved Kasumi. I kind of just saw him being drunk at a dinner party and doing something stupid like kissing her.
    Oh, because in my mind I was influenced about the part where it said:
    Quote Originally Posted by isawthephoto View Post
    Then why did she steal his heart? Why did she show absolutely no consideration in her pursuit of… him? It simply didn’t add up. It didn’t. And Haruka, regardless of the tears streaming down her face, knew this.
    It was 3rd person, so I was thinking, 'Un-biased info.' But I guess it was just Haruka's thinking...right =/?

    Heheheh, yea
    And your welcome
    Crystal Rose [Contestshipping]

    Ever notice love is evol spelled backwards?
    And that I and O are next to each other on the keyboard?
    There's also that fact that evol can be the typo of evil.
    And evil is live backwards...wonder what that means... =/?


    I Love You has a numerical vaule of 831.
    Eight letters.
    Three words.
    One meaning.


    Contestshipping+Pokeshipping Ftw =D

    += 831 = May + Drew

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L0v3 is Evol View Post
    It was 3rd person, so I was thinking, 'Un-biased info.' But I guess it was just Haruka's thinking...right =/?
    Haha, yes, I have a tendency to invoke the old unreliable narrator shtick from time to time.
    Where do you go when you're lonely?
    Where do you go when you're blue?
    Where do you go when you're lonely?
    I'll follow you when the stars go blue.




    xx CATE

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stuck in past memories.
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by isawthephoto View Post
    Haha, yes, I have a tendency to invoke the old unreliable narrator shtick from time to time.
    Umm...what's a shtick? Is that another word for trick o.o? Heheh...I'm not very good with terms -.-'
    Crystal Rose [Contestshipping]

    Ever notice love is evol spelled backwards?
    And that I and O are next to each other on the keyboard?
    There's also that fact that evol can be the typo of evil.
    And evil is live backwards...wonder what that means... =/?


    I Love You has a numerical vaule of 831.
    Eight letters.
    Three words.
    One meaning.


    Contestshipping+Pokeshipping Ftw =D

    += 831 = May + Drew

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Oh.. sorry! A shtick is like an act or someone's lingo... a spiel, though that's kind of an obscure phrase...
    Where do you go when you're lonely?
    Where do you go when you're blue?
    Where do you go when you're lonely?
    I'll follow you when the stars go blue.




    xx CATE

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Under the roof
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Hi, isawthephoto. Is this a oneshot? *stupid me!* I like how you made Haruka envy of Kasumi. It was all just misunderstanding, right? I can picture your descriptions very well ) oh, Kasumi has a husband? XD Neat story keep up!


    Rafe from Destiny Deoxys is my hot bishie, YOOHOO!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •