Serebii.net Forums General Rules
1. Don't ask for or provide illegal content, discuss cheating devices or cheat codes
This includes episode downloads, Gameshark, Action Replay, ROMs, etc
2. Limit the use of foul language
Try not to evade the swear filter too much as well
3. Don't spam
Basically, posts that contribute nothing to the thread or topic. This includes replying to spam posted by others.
4. Don't post in topics that are a month old
Stickied threads and special cases such as posting Fan Fiction are exceptions to this
5. Don't post multiple times in a row
There are a few special cases where this is allowed.
6. Stay on topic within threads
If you want to talk about something completely different, make a new thread or use the search button to find the right one.
7. Don't post inappropriate or offensive material
Porn or anything else "not safe for work"
8. Don't troll or flame users. Be respectful.
Includes the use of language that's racial, religious, rude, sexually explicit, insulting, threatening, abusive, hateful, ethnic, or just a general intent to annoy others.
9. Don't minimod
This means posting simply to say something along the lines of "This should be closed." or "UserA, you spammed."
10. Don't make/use multiple accounts.
See here for more information.
11. Don't evade bans or let a banned member use your account
Results in more bans/permaban/IP ban
12. Don't advertise other sites in posts/threads.
Put the links in your signature.
13. No image macros or responding with gifs.
Macro image are images with text on them, often meant to be rude to a post they are responding to. This isn't 4chan; don't spam them.
14. No attention-seeking.
Don't make posts or topics that are clearly fishing for attention. They make other people uncomfortable and are often inappropriate.
15. Don't discuss fan-games.
Don't discuss or provide links to fan made pokemon games. Such games are illegal by default, and as such are not permitted here at all.
16. Don't ask about or discuss banned users or their bans.
This applies to infractions as well. Punishments are between the user in question and the staff. Don't talk about bans, don't ask about bans, and don't be the middleman for a banned user. Banned people can post in the staff contact forum if they have any questions.
17. Don't abuse the reputation system.
This includes but is not limited to: asking for rep, offering to "trade" rep (i.e. I poz you, you poz me), offering pozzes/threatening negs for votes/etc, and trying to get people to poz/neg a certain person.
18. Do not exploit forum (vBulletin) glitches or bugs
If you find something questionable, please report it to staff immediately so we can address it. Do not post about it on the forums or spread it around to other users. Depending on the nature of the issue, spreading that information could lead to a lot of problems for our users. You also should not abuse the glitch for your own benefit if it allows you to access things you should not be able to access.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Don't use a ton of smilies in your posts please
- Try not to quote really huge posts
- Don't ask staff how to become a mod. We will contact you if we find you're suitable.
- Being new does not give you a temporary immunity to the rules.
- If you wish to contest an infraction or complain about a member or moderator, contact a SuperModerator or an Admin. Don't make threads to whine about it, that doesn't help or solve anything.
- Visitor messages on member profiles are not to be abused and should abide to these general rules.
- Make sure to read the rules of certain forums/subforums. They contain their own unique rules.
- Remember that receiving infractions or warnings does not equal the end of the world or that you're going to be banned. You need 15 pts to get a week ban, which is a lot. The infractions also mostly expire after 45 days.
Infration Points Information