Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club! [v2.0]

Quote Originally Posted by Zero-Wolf
    Last edited by Zero-Wolf; Yesterday at 11:54 PM.
    D: This club must not die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mudkip
    Olimar hard counters Zero-Wolf.
    Does the Olimar "spam" smashes? xD
    Last edited by shadow_latias; 4th July 2009 at 6:18 AM. Reason: Zero's quote went wrong.
    [img]http://i56.*******.com/25rgz8h.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_latias View Post
    Does the Olimar "spam" smashes? xD
    Seeing as how Olimar can't kill with his tilts until 150%, and only two Pikmin can kill reliably with throws, and his smashes come out fast....it would be amusing to see an Olimar that doesn't spam smashes XD.

I'm trying to get good with PT, but I pretty much suck with Squirtle. I can't land any smashes, I'm terrible at comboing the tilts, and I can't get in with a throw, among other things. I think I've got Ivysaur down though. Same with Charizard, somewhat.

Pokemon Trainer is no longer my 3rd best, bust I still use him sometimes...

I'm probably best with Ivysaur, of the 3, I guess... Though I hate when people GIMP me. D=

Quote Originally Posted by m190049 View Post
    I'm probably best with Ivysaur, of the 3, I guess... Though I hate when people GIMP me. D=
    Isn't that where Ivysaur's Razor Leaf comes in? It would disrupt oncoming GIMPers, or prevent potential GIMPers, giving you a chance to recover with Vine Whip.

I'm Pretty good with PT because I alternate mostly from The heavy hard to knock of Charizard when I'm in the higher percents and Ivysaur at any other time for his range, power, and Vinewhip. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Isn't that where Ivysaur's Razor Leaf comes in? It would disrupt oncoming GIMPers, or prevent potential GIMPers, giving you a chance to recover with Vine Whip.
    That's if they edgeguard you early and just sit there, vulnerable. =|
    No good player does that anymore.

If they wait until right before you get the chance to vine whip, or if you are too south to razor leaf them, your f'd.

If they wait until right before you get the chance to vine whip, or if you are too south to razor leaf them, your f'd.
    Can the Vine Whip reach out and latch to to the edge while someone is vulnerable on it, or is it just like the Pikmin Chain? (I never played PT that much, and each time I was thrown off, I was up high, so I could just descend onto the stage. I have never tried it in practice.) If it can latch on, then if Ivysaur is a little south, Ivysaur can use d-air to halt his descent and then strike with Vine Whip.

If not, it can still punish the edgeguarder hit, and if the opponent's at high percentages, then that's even better.

What if we don't have a friend code? Can we still join?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwedishElf View Post
    What if we don't have a friend code? Can we still join?
    Quote Originally Posted by Me, in the first post View Post
    Joining
    When asking to join the club, please use the following form. Friend code isn't necessary, but is encouraged.
    I'll get things updated with new members in the morning, probably. I have family visiting, so we'll do something interesting for Independence Day, but it probably won't start until later in the afternoon.
    Owner of the Nintendo Club
    and the newly-remade Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club!
    Old members rejoin! New members welcome!

AerialAce! and Zink - Smash Brothers
    [AerialAce! was formerly known as Burninator]

Can the Vine Whip reach out and latch to to the edge while someone is vulnerable on it, or is it just like the Pikmin Chain? (I never played PT that much, and each time I was thrown off, I was up high, so I could just descend onto the stage. I have never tried it in practice.) If it can latch on, then if Ivysaur is a little south, Ivysaur can use d-air to halt his descent and then strike with Vine Whip.

If not, it can still punish the edgeguarder hit, and if the opponent's at high percentages, then that's even better.
    If anybody is holding the ledge in any way, the tether fails. =|

And Ivysaur has no way to hit above him when in the air without pretty much guaranteeing his death.

Quote Originally Posted by AerialAce! View Post
    I'll get things updated with new members in the morning, probably. I have family visiting, so we'll do something interesting for Independence Day, but it probably won't start until later in the afternoon.
    Do you still want that list, or are you probably just going to look through the posts yourself?
    It'd probably be easier to organize, actually...

Username: TheSwedishElf
    Characters: Captain Falcon, Luigi, Kirby, Samus, Snake

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwedishElf View Post
    Username: TheSwedishElf
    Characters: Captain Falcon, Luigi, Kirby, Samus, Snake
    Accepted; though there's a maximum of three mains to be shown.
    Unless you'd like to re-arrange that first, Samus and Snake will be cut off.

Seeing as how Olimar can't kill with his tilts until 150%, and only two Pikmin can kill reliably with throws, and his smashes come out fast....it would be amusing to see an Olimar that doesn't spam smashes XD.
    I've faced an awesome Olimar before and his name's L_Cancel, a staff in SBR. His Olimar doesn't spam smashes, but the way he uses grab combos and aerials are too good.

Olimar's tilts might not kill until at a very high percent, but they are very annoying. D:
    [img]http://i56.*******.com/25rgz8h.png[/img]

I've faced an awesome Olimar before and his name's L_Cancel, a staff in SBR. His Olimar doesn't spam smashes, but the way he uses grab combos and aerials are too good.
    Smashes would be great for Olimar if he is in a pinch, since his D-smash comes out and ends very quickly, and his U-smash has a disjointed hitbox. But his grabs can be deadly if they connect and chain into an up-air or f-air.

Olimar's tilts might not kill until at a very high percent, but they are very annoying. D:
    They really do come out fast, but I use them way too much than is needed XD

My Olimar has been getting worse, IMO...
    ...Though it was never really THAT great in the first place. =/

I should probably play more. =|
    Last edited by m190049; 4th July 2009 at 11:00 PM.

D: This club must not die.
    I was just wondering if Mr. Mudkip was talking about Olimar before I needed to edit my last post. But I didn't see anyone comment this =/

Olimar's Pikmins are different colors how they can kill opponent w/them except white. White Pikmin is for multiple that you can throw w/many white Pikmins at opponent.
    For example; 1 white Pikmin= 4, 2 white=8, 3 white= 16, 4 white=32. I actually destroy Pikmins myself if someone is easy which Olimar=Solimar.

I'm pretty good w/Pit and Pokemon Trainer =P
    Last edited by Zero-Wolf; 4th July 2009 at 11:50 PM.

I played 4 matches with some guy named "Nova." I think Zero-Wolf knows who he is.

I won all of the matches, but 3 of the 4 were very close.

1st: PT (Boom) vs. Ganon (Nova) - He loves to use Ganon's spike. A lot. And because he kept a distance from me all the time just hurt me even more because of the Stamina quirk. I managed to end it with Zard's F-smash when he misplaced his spike, lol.

2nd: Sonic (Boom) vs. Ness (Nova) - Nova kept the pressure with his aerials, and I answered back with some shield-grabbing. And I finished it with a combo I really wanted to use in Brawls, but never could before - Spin Dash + up-air + Spring + up-air. Killed him off the top at 80%. Loved it 8D

3rd: Olimar (Boom) vs. Sonic (...) - I'm guessing he wanted to show me how to play Sonic a different way, since he chose him after I played Sonic and since he changed his name. The way I saw consisted of dash A's used about every 3rd attack. I tried to use d-tilts a lot to stop Sonic, but I couldn't execute them fast enough. So, I went to Smashing at the right times. He quit after I killed him the second time though, so I guess he doesn't play Sonic that much.

4th: Sonic (Boom) vs. Meta Knight (I PRO) - the name and character is enough to tell me he was ready to play hard ball. And his hard ball meant hanging on to the edge and using Shuttle Loop anytime I got close. I couldn't kill him the first time until I had him at 200% and proceeded to an Up-throw (which he replied right back with a D-smash when he respawned), but the second time, when he was just regrabbing the edge over and over, I suddenly ran over, ran off the stage, and used b-air on him to stage spike him. Just awesome. The third kill was great though. He was Shuttle Looping whenever possible because I was at high percentage. So I used the Spring on the ground to escape, he jumps on it to chase me, and hits me with Shuttle Loop. But the added height from the spring was enough to make MK miss the ledge (he was far to the right from the ledge as it was) as he was descending; he was a little below from MK's grab range when he met the ledge. So the true winner of the match was the spring =P

Edit: I have also gained a complete and utter dislike for ROB now. Damn the robot and damn his Gyro. XD
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 5th July 2009 at 2:49 AM.

They really do come out fast, but I use them way too much than is needed XD
    What I don't like about Brawl is that some characters can just spam a few moves and get a really lame advantage on the foe.
    "I remember the Zombie Wars back in '76. Back then, we didn't have all these fancy peashooters and jalapenos. All we had was guts. Guts and a spoon."

Nova. I was playing at him the other day and got rather ticked off at him when he kept accusing me of spamming.

Though we also had some good matches otherwise.

One time He had two lives and I had lie, one life and about 140%. I was Olimar. He was Sheik... One good hit would've killed me, I guess.

I was sorta running away and ledge camping. He self destructed once when trying to stage spike me. He missed and I used Olimar's tether to Ledgehog. =P
    Than the second time, he tried to grab the ledge and hog the ledge so I couldn't recover. I quickly got it before him and he died. It was rather humorous.

Sonic (...)
    I have seen him when Nova use(...) Which he actually complained for losing to someone. I often beat him w/Solimar, Marth, Snake, Zamus and I didn't lose to him. =/

Nova's first main is Falco though.

Username:Octillery64
    Characters:Toonlink or R.O.B.
    Friend Code:4640 4072 0171

i will only play if you dont swear

SABLEYE IS COOL I DONT CARE
    WHAT YOU SAY

Quote Originally Posted by Octillery64 View Post
    Username:Octillery64
    Characters:Toonlink or R.O.B.
    Friend Code:4640 4072 0171

i will only play if you dont swear
    Accepted. Welcome to the club!

Nova. I was playing at him the other day and got rather ticked off at him when he kept accusing me of spamming.
    That's what he said after our first match. Which I think is hypocritical of him, when he's spiking and Wizard kicking over and over, and I use Razor Leaf two times in a row and repeated Flamethrowers to keep a distance at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero-Wolf View Post
    Nova's first main is Falco though.
    I'm surprised he didn't use Falco against me then. And it would have been nice to see if he can use the Laser Lock; I have so much trouble using that.

Then again, my Falco has gotten worse over time. And I figure "worse" is an understatement.

it would have been nice to see if he can use the Laser Lock; I have so much trouble using that.
    Not really, Nova has hard time to use the Laser Lock. And he also continually uses only Falco's blaster during jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero-Wolf View Post
    Not really, Nova has hard time to use the Laser Lock. And he also continually uses only Falco's blaster during jumping.
    Fun with G&W. His tendency to do that double blaster thing consistently gives me two bucket fills if I have good timing.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast