Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone focus on one type only?

Default Does anyone focus on one type only?

I was wondering if anyone did. Just curious. I love water pokemon, and I've tried to dominate battles with just using primarily them. I've won some and lost some. For example, all level 100s(Dewgong, Walrein, Swampert, Slowbro, Kingdra) My Empoleon is on level 80 and I've had it for 2 years. Crazy huh. I mean I also have other types, but I just love others.

i love ice types!
    they are my absolute favorite <3
    smoochum is my favoritee of all :]
    sometimes i will play a game && only have ice types,
    just for the fun of it.
    my fav. team would have to be:
    smoochum
    glaceon
    dewgong
    froslass
    abomasnow
    articuno
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

I like to have different types in the teams I build and in my ingame teams.

I do monotype challenges sometimes. My favourite type is water (only one where I've done a monotype on all four gens) although fighting and psychic come in at second and third.
    PASBL League Official

JOIN THE ASB!

Quote Originally Posted by Pterry
    "...well, you've got to learn to walk before you try to run, sir!"

"No!" Moist's fist thumped the table. "Never say that, Tolliver! Never! Run before you can walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing, Mr Groat!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterry
    This is not a game. Here and now, you are alive.

i started with pearl and played it with a mixed team, but on diamond i've stuck to water types
    my pokeradar shinies -
    7x 6x 7x 6x 4x
    8x 6x 10x;
    ....and a few others.....

I usually use a variety of types, unless I'm doing a monotype challenge. But psychic pokemon are sweet.
    Platinum FC: 2493-4817-1909

Fire is considered to be the weakest type out there because of its Earthquake, Surf & Stealth Rock weakness. Nevertheless, I love fire type Pokemon. I love everything about them, their underdog image, their designs, their attacks...

Even though I do not train fire type Pokemon ONLY, I would say I specialize in the Type. My goal is to own a decent IVed, EV trained version of every existing fully evolved fire type (I already did this with Infernape, Arcanine and Houndoom). I am not in a rush tho, as I enjoy raising other Pokemon as well. I also have my fire Pokemon in mind when I'm raising other Pokemon. Having thoughts about how they could support my fire types, what fire weaknesses they could cover and so on.

You see, I'm a fire enthusiast who also enjoys other Pokemon types & especilly Pokemon breeding.

Pokemon Y Friend Code 4356-0012-3407
    Poison Safari: Toxicroak, Ariados, Cascoon

Currently looking for a US shiny Gengar code!
    I have a EU shiny Gengar code to trade in return!

Hmm i guess i would specialize in water or grass type pokemon. I do use others but they are always my main focus. It may be partly because i have not liked the fire type starter since the Johto days.

Bug types are my favorite. I am planing on making an all bug team once I am done with the elite 4.

Water Types, I adore them. But I also have an Ice, fire & Grass team in the making.
    Studying Game-Design/Art.
    Creative, Hobbyist Pokemon Player.
    Favorite Pokemon: Miltank

I do not, but I love Ice and Water types, they bring out the mother in me...

I'm doing a Lorelei team on Pearl soon.
    Last edited by Alloute; 1st June 2009 at 12:05 PM.

I like Fire Types but focusing ONLY on one type is pretty sad, so many disadvantages when it comes to gyms and all that.

I have made a team of just water pokemon on gold before. I switched out my togetic and meganium with some of the water pokemon sometimes. Since then I never had did that again. I was thinking about it on Diamond. Of course a water team. I might want to try a psychic aor dark team...my other favorite types.
    BLINK-182-----SUMMER TOUR-----
    It was awesome~~~~
    Fall Out Boy rocked too~~~~
    CONCERT BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE

I really like water and ice type pokemon, and I actually considered making each pokemon on my competitive team have that type. Claydol and Breloom are the only ones without either of the types, so maybe I'll switch them for some other pokemon. Imagine a competitive team that all shared a type. COOL BEANS ROAR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest is great View Post
    I don't know about you, but I'm going to go put Trick Room on all my teams to counter Ninjask better.

My favorite types are Water, Dark, Bug and Poison but for some reason I have about eight Water Types. Six of them are almost unique dual types too. Don't ask me how but it just happened.

I also love water types but I don't usually train one type...I try and keep my teams all balanced
    .:"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee":.

Heart Gold Fc: 2837 2426 1661

My favorite type is rock. Being somehow underestimated due to the many x4 weaknesses they catch some neatweaknesses on flying Pokes like Dragonite or the brids..too sad that in old times Rock slide was the only powerful move..but now rock Pokemon are more powerful than before..I don't really care of some weaknesses since especially rock is often combined to overcome this weakness..Maybe I should try to train a gym leader team..
    There'll be total devastation,
    Pure annihilation
    Or absolute surrender.
    I'll have limitless power,
    This is our finest hour
    Now go,go,go,go!
    "and those silly comments like mews under the truck."
    PKMN Diamant FC : 3266 1329 4105

PKMN Platin FC : 1634 2465 5625

PKMN Heartgold FC : 4512 3200 9906

My favorite types are Dark and Dragon. Fire is nice too, but I like the first two more. I don't focus on one type. I always try to build a balanced team.

No, I'm using any type for my team in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

I usually keep a fairly even team just so that nothing can suprise me. But most of my pokemon either have a ground or fighting move just because of coverage. But I'm a huge fan of grass pokemon (most dragons are cool too).

I usually use Grass, Bug, and Flying cause their my 3 favorite types but I always use a balanced type team. =)

I don´t like to have a team of only one type, I think it is better to keep everything in balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeconator11 View Post
    This just sent weird images through my brain.

Slalamences, Skarmory, and Ho-oh all lifting a nuke, and a Pikachu's like "Set them up the bomb, and they drop it, and BOOM goes Hoenn.

credits: BynineB -1337speon
    --if someone is still visiting this profile, you can now find me here: bootymasterjangdongwoo@tumblr--

I like fire types and I use them a lot. But,My team is all different types.

I don't generally focus on just one type, but alot of my teams seem to have more than one Pokemon that's flying type in it.

I'm doing a monotype electric challenge in Pearl ATM

I just got owned for the second time by Roark -__-

so it it possible to do and I really enjoy it.

My current SS team
    Badges: 13
    Click my pokémon on GPX+here
    With a Heart of Gold and a Soul of Silver, they came to give us what we always wished for; a remake of the best games ever!
    Twin: Chloé | Adoptee:Vivronkasaur

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast