Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone focus on one type only?

i like dragon types, but i still use the random types in my party
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/nlspxv.jpg[/IMG]

DeviantArt Banner Credit GPXPlus

I tend to end up using a lot of Steel-types, intentionally or not. But I really like Steel-types, anyway, so it's cool.
    Friend Code: 5026-5649-8262
    Pokémon X ∙ Animal Crossing
    Friend Safari: Meditite, Pancham, Tyrogue

for the longest time i did an all dark-type team, but i switched back to multi-type soon after
    in the event of a zombie outbreak, I have 99% chance of survival...what do you have?

soul silver will be mine =)

I remember on one of my games I only used one type...but I usually diversify.

Balance.Power.Destruction
    (credit to Skiyomi for awsome images)

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

I've never done a monotype game, but, if and when I do, it'll be Poison. I always have 3 Pokemon of this type in my E4 team, and, I hope to beat the E4 with a fully Poison team, one day.
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

my first run through i pick a starter, which is usually random, and then support my starter with pokemon that help cover what its weak to. my main attacker is usually my starter. but after that run through... i try to do weird things like my all fighting team, all psychic team, etc. i'm serious to beat the game, and then mess around.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

i used too try to be grass but now i dont care

Riki Tiki Tavi

i love dragons ground fire and normal types. but at the same time i enjoy a balanced team. but i am always training different pokemon. b4 my sapphire crashed i had around 60 lvl 100's most of which were the list above and some other miscellaneous favorites. i miss that file so much.
    BANKAI!!!!

I usually try to train a balanced team, but I play the monotype challenge once in a while too, exclusively with Fire types in my Crystal game. Go Typhlosion!

I usually balance my team, but otherwise I use Fire, Dark, Dragon, or Steel. All the evil/violent types.

-----------
    Yup, I'm a Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by COKTAL View Post
    I usually keep a fairly even team just so that nothing can suprise me. But most of my pokemon either have a ground or fighting move just because of coverage. But I'm a huge fan of grass pokemon (most dragons are cool too).
    i also try and keep a pretty even team, though i may lean towards the water type... >.> or pokemon with a weakness to ice and electric type moves.
    I no longer have time to do any trades or battle nor will I log on as much, so if you message me, I will get back to you when I next log in, but remember, that may not be for a very long time...! Sorry in advance! ^^;
    I have claimed In the official Claim A Pokemon thread!

I have done a team full of Ground Type Pokemon on Sapphire but the closest with a full team of one type in Diamond is my Poison Team.

'Twas a Good Team
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

I love Flying type pokemon! I beat all the gyms in diamond with my staraptor!

i'm trying to get my team filled with the coolest birds, kinda hard getting a pidgey/pidgeotto/pidgeot in the GTS....
    Hello
    I'ma work on a sig later :P

I like dragon types because of the great type coverage and the sweet reward I get when I finally get a Dragonite after busting my a** raising a Dratini from level fifteen and going through the elite 4 with a Dragonair. It makes Dragonite feel really over-powered

Quote Originally Posted by limitedmage View Post
    I usually try to train a balanced team, but I play the monotype challenge once in a while too, exclusively with Fire types in my Crystal game. Go Typhlosion!
    I did something like that in Gold, except the only Pokémon I used was Typhlosion. Thunderpunch really helped out a lot. I miss Toughy....

Anyways, I don't really focus on one type, instead I like to avoid having two pokemon of the same type at all costs. Still, if I had to pick I'd pick dark. It's one of my favorite types.
    Pokémon White BadgeQuest

Roger
    22,427 REs

Unless I'm doing a monotype team, I tend to avoid having any of my Pokemon sharing a type. I have done a ground monotype, and I'm working on a water one now.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Well, generally I don't, but I might make Psychic team and a Fighting team some day.

Gallade
    Metagross
    Alakazam
    Solrock
    Bronzong
    Xatu

Gallade
    Blaziken
    Hitmonlee
    Heracross
    Breloom
    Hitmonchan
    No longer active. Sincere apologies.

When I'm not doing a monotype, I generally try to give myself a well-balanced team.

I started raising my Ghost team after I beat Cynthia.

Love it so far, it's got great type coverage and hasn't majorly dissapointed me yet.
    Platinum FC: 1075 6606 4923

Poison types are the greatest, but I suaully use a regular team. Oneday, I'll make an awesome Poison type team. >D Swalot, you rule.

Quote Originally Posted by ^^Yoshinichi^^ View Post
    Poison types are the greatest, but I suaully use a regular team. Oneday, I'll make an awesome Poison type team. >D Swalot, you rule.
    Poison!! <3
    While not all my team is poison, my Butterfree DOES have Toxic
    But I love my poison team so far, and though it doesn't have the BEST coverage in the world, it holds it's own ^.^
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Karen, Final member of GSC Elite 4.

In 3rd generation I kinda went crazy for dragon pokemon; and till this day I still like them but I donjust exclusively use dragons anymore

I have favorites that are too all over the board to specialize. I might build one-type teams occasionally for fun, but I don't think I could mostly specialize in one type entirely.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

My team tends to be balanced...i may make a sun based team though...one day...
    PASBL
    Quanny's Back :]

i used to go crazy over water pokes.

but more recently im finding i am in LOVE with Normal, fighting, and dark pokes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast