Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Slayers General Shipping Thread

Hybrid View

Default Slayers General Shipping Thread

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there! Welcome to the Slayers general shipping thread where we talk about general Slayers shipping stuff.
    Rules:
    1. All SPPf rules and Shipping Section rules apply.
    2. No bashing. You can disagree with someone without being hateful.
    3. If you’re going to post fanart, give credit to the artist or at least say if you don't know where you found it.
    4. Spoilers should go around ANYTHING that hasn’t been released in the U.S. That means Revolution and Evolution-R.

Spoiler:- I Support...:

Spoiler:- Fanart/Screenshots/Scans (links to posts from the shippy picture thread prefered):

Spoiler:- Fanfiction:

Alright! Let’s get straight into this. Assuming anyone else wants to talk about Slayers pairings (*crickets chirp*) I have a lot of great ideas for this thread.

First off, a question, what Slayers couples do you support? (I’ll add your answers to the “I Support” tab. Check it.)

As for me, I support…
    Lina x Gourry: This is a huge favorite for me. I like a comedic couple. Their relationship is really cute/funny. And I gotta say that kiss at the end of NEXT was…wow. Too bad they both forgot about it (??!!).

Zelgadis x Amelia: Second favorite Slayers pair. As Crispin Freeman said in a commentary, Zel’s the ultimate grouch and Amelia’s the ultimate optimist. They go together perfectly XD. They don’t have as many big moments as Lina x Gourry, but there are a lot of smaller ones if you’re paying attention. And since I could go on and on about each one of them, I won’t XD.

Martina x Zangulus: I mean…they are married. Of all the crushes Martina had on all the guys Zangulus was the only one who ever returned her feelings (I’d like to hope he doesn’t regret that now). I wish we’d heard from them again. I want to see how they’re doing rebuilding the kingdom of Zoana!

Xellos x Filia: It’s very…folkloric isn’t it? Monster and God/Dragon. I used to go back and forth on whether I supported this one or not or whether I thought it was canon or now. Now I’m pretty solidly for it, though not as much as I am for other Slayers pairings. I gotta say though, a girl like Filia who can make Xellos so childishly angry (He usually just laughs at people or kills them)…well, that’s…interesting to say the least.

EDIT: Update. I'm now a total fanatic for this pairing. My OTP by FAR.

Rezo x Eris: Umm…It obviously didn’t work out, but she loved him very much. It’s one of those tragic things, I wonder if Rezo ever really knew or if he was too blinded by..umm…his blindness.
    Last edited by Skiyomi; 6th October 2010 at 8:34 PM. Reason: More X/F, L/G, Z/A art

*drops in/looks around* Oh wow, so nobody else has seen Slayers? I mean even I haven't watched it in awhile but I still have pairs for it. XDD;;

Anyway,

"First off, a question, what Slayers couples do you support?"

Jillas/Filia - I think it's because I loved both of them back when I first started watching it. I find it cute, the "weird" adds to it.

Duclis/Pokota - ...*hasn't seen all of Revolution or any of Evolution-R* it makes sense to me anyway, it's obvious they have a connection.
        Spoiler:- just to be safe:

Pokota/Amelia -     Spoiler:- again, to be safe:

Sylphiel/Lina - Um.... I also never finished the first season (long story, I watched it backwards years ago), but I still like it. ^-^;; I think fanfictions influenced it.

That's all....I think I'm open to anything "non-trad" though.

... *falls to the ground weeping* I'd given up hope!

THANK GOD someone else here likes Slayers pairings! I've been relegated to foaming at the mouth in the corner for so long XD

ANYWAY, on topic. I still haven't seen Revolution and Evolution-R (though I've preordered Revolution), but I can comment on the others. Jillas/Filia is cute and I definately like it in a one-sided way. How could I not with a line like: "You're a whole lotta woman!" XD

I ship Gourry/Lina and am pretty rigid about it, but I've got to admit that Sylphiel/Lina has a nice dynamic and definate moments. Probably because there were so many intense moments between them at the end of the first season when she was trying to revive Lina (including the much sought after mouth-to-mouth resuscitation!)

What's your favorite shippy moment in the series?

Since Xellos/Filia has officially knocked down the other pairings to take a top place in my heart, the one I'm obsessing over is the moment in TRY where Xellos saves her from falling debris and then... drops her. The important thing to me there is also that he lies about why he did it to cover for himself.

I don't blame you, having to wait like 8 months for a reply.

I saw most of Revolution a little bit before it got licensed last year, but I lost my place. -__-;; Don't know if I'll buy it. And LOL @ that. Oh Jillas :c

I actually used to like Gourry/Lina A LOT back when I first got into it years ago, but I don't know how i lost interest. :/

Speaking of that:

"What's your favorite shippy moment in the series?"

Obviously it's been awhile, but at the kiss scene at the end of NEXT I was like OMGOMGOMGOMG. o__0 I remember i also once interpreted this scene (swiped from your post in the shipping pictures thread, hope you don't mind) as being "shippy"....I was a creepy kid >__x;;

The scene at the end of NEXT is amazing. Lina/Gourry often takes third fiddle to Xellos/Filia and Zelgadis/Amelia, but it didn't always used to be that way. I still love 'em, but I sometimes don't give them as much attention. Rewatching NEXT always puts me in a Lina/Gourry mood though.

I think I'm going to have to remove Valgaav/Filia from my list. It doesn't make sense with the end of TRY and I don't really buy it anymore. I'm actually kinda getting into Gaav/Valgaav at this point. I think that's the only non-het Slayers pairing I support.

That scene where I thought of it aside, I used to hate Valgaav/Filia for awhile, but then I started thinking it wouldn't be so bad in an AU setting...but that's about it.
    Last edited by Durp; 3rd March 2010 at 5:26 PM. Reason: run on sentence

Yeah right. Of course I would rescue you to throw you on the guy I was fighting - not.
    Though, it was a good try I guess. Everyone knows Xellos wants to rescue Filia 24/7. Ah well, he better rescues her that he just stays watching!
    I think the fact that he lied itself is very telling. I mean... he could have legitimate... business-like reasons for wanting to keep her alive. He could've figured out that she was important to the prophecy, and there was the magic fusion element to think of. He could've even been under orders not to let anyone in Lina's party die - he's seems to have had 'protecting' orders in the past.

...But he didn't say any of those reasonable things. He used an excuse... a really LAME excuse. The fact that he obviously lied, makes it look like he's hiding something more.

Also, he didn't have to say ANYTHING about it. I think he's saved Lina before without bothering with explanations. But for Filia... he felt the need to make an excuse to her... and likely to himself.

Ohh, fighting in the same side is way better, you're right! It would be surprising to see that Amelia & Gourry would be a pair and Lina & Zelgadis. Wait. Lina & Zelgadis is even weird when I'm writing it now, that doesn't feel good.
    They should stay as Lina & Gourry and Zelgadis & Amelia.
    Lina/Zelgadis is pretty popular in the fandom... can't say that I care for it though.

...I should revive an old project I barely started years ago called "Slayers: Falls". Because I noticed that MOST OF THE TIME (though not all of the time) when characters fall on each other, it's pairing specific. Lina falls on Gourry, Gourry falls on Lina, etc. Now, a lot of this is just because they tend to fight in those teams, but I figured I could check it out and kind of... quantify the results to see if there was any credence for using something like that as evidence.

...There probably isn't, but it's sort of fun either way XD

Yeah, the adopted son thing kinda puts a crimp in any budding romance that might have occured (well, not according to everyone, but to some). AU is pretty much the only way it could work in my book.

But I'm psychotic for Xellos/Filia at this point so I haven't spared much thought on it. Zelgadis/Amelia was my OTP for a long time, but I think it's safe to say that Xellos/Filia has knocked them down to the #2 spot.

By the way, I updated the "I Support..." list to put your pairings on it.

I noticed, thanks. 8D

Also another topic if that's ok:

"Do you support any crossover pairings with any Slayers characters?"

I like Lina with Gokudo from the anime of the same name. :<;; Both shows have a really similar setting, and Gokudo is like a male Lina anyway so it works really well to me. o__0;;

Also this: http://sharyamato.deviantart.com/art...y-pair-2937018

"Do you support any crossover pairings with any Slayers characters?"

I'm pretty meh on crossover ships. They just don't interest me. But on a somewhat related note, I always thought that Kain Blueriver from Lost Universe (by the same author as Slayers. I've only seen part of the series.) seemed kind of like the sort of son Lina and Gourry would have.

Man, I can't wait for my copy of Revolution~!

I've heard that Revolution and Evolution-R are absolutely nil for Zelgadis/Amelia, which really dissapoints me considering how TRY ended. Of course, they could make it all up to me by bringing Filia back... but that's probably not going to happen X_x

I know what you mean about Kain even though I haven't seen Lost Universe. It's also weird how Millie looks like a blond Amelia. o__0;;

And it's kind of true from what I've seen about Revolution/Evolution-R not having much Zelgadis/Amelia, I remember reading a comment somewhere by somebody saying there were more hints for POKOTA/Amelia than anything. Wow...

*counts months on hand* *sigh of relief*

I'm sorry I let this go, I've just been bummed out because of my own reluctance to watch Revolution. I *haven't* watched much still (only two episodes), but it's progress. I'M SORRY I'M THIS WAY!

But the little I've seen... well, it may be a crying shame that there's not much Zelgadis/Amelia in Revolution... but Phil did knight Zel in the beginning, did he not? That's a pretty large vote of confidence, choosing him to protect his beloved daughter.

Also, I know next to nothing of Pokota, but just on shape I almost want to pair him up with Midna from Twilight Princess (not that I know much about Midna either, since I never beat that game. I'M SORRY. APPARENTLY I'M BAD AT FINISHING THINGS!)

EDIT: I've made some additions to the first post after all this time-

Fanfiction~

Summer Nights (Xellos/Filia) by Skiyomi
    A Little Opposition (Zelgadis/Amelia, Lina/Gourry) by Skiyomi
    Diplomacy (Xellos/Filia) by Skiyomi
    Legal Matter (Xellos/Filia) by Skiyomi
    Not at all Seduced (Xellos/Filia) by Skiyomi
    The Oracle's Wish (Zelgadis/Amelia, Xellos/Filia) by Skiyomi

Images~

Xellos/Filia fanart from and I cherish you
    Xellos/Filia, Lina/Gourry, Zelgadis/Amelia fanart from Tegaki
    Xellos/Filia fanart from a little garden
    Xellos/Filia fanart from ROSYNAIL
    Xellos/Filia fanart from Beloved Enemy
    Zelgadis/Amelia, Lina/Ruuma screenshots
    Xellos/Filia fanart by Poporin
    Gourry/Sylphiel, Lina/Sylphiel, Zelgadis/Amelia screenshots
    Rezo/Eris, Gourry/Sylphiel, Zelgadis/Gourry screenshots
    Zelgadis/Amelia, Gourry/Sylphiel screenshots
    Gourry/Sylphiel, Rezo/Copy Rezo, Zelgadis/Amelia screenshots
    Valuun/Gourry screenshots
    Lina/Hallas, Lina/Gourry screenshots
    Lina/Gourry screenshots
    Lina/Gourry, Lina/Noonsa screenshots
    Lina/Gourry screenshots
    Lina/Gourry screenshots
    Zolf/Dilgear, Lina/Gourry screenshots
    Lina/Gourry official art
    Zelgadis/Amelia, Lina/Gourry screenshots
    Filia/Jillas, Xellos/Lina, Xellos/Filia screenshots
    Xellos/Filia, Gourry/Zelgadis screenshots

I'm also terrible at finishing things. While this thread was on hold, I managed to buy a boxset of the first three Slayers seasons that Funimation put out, and I watched more of the first one... but it got pushed aside from other things after that. >__<

Though as the months went by I became fond of Xellos with Filia.... which is hilarious because of how much I nerd-raged at it for many years. XP lol@me, I thought I'd never come around.

PS. YES at Pokota and Midna. Especially because of their spoilers. :x *zips lips*

(Lyrics from "Bumaye" by KMFDM)
    Come by and visit my friend's site, Mystic Wish!
    (we accept fanfiction of all ratings and any fandom....yes, even yours)

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

It's just... hard sometimes. Because you want to be in the right frame of mind when you watch things that you like.

Though as the months went by I became fond of Xellos with Filia.... which is hilarious because of how much I nerd-raged at it for many years. XP lol@me, I thought I'd never come around.
    *pounces on you* YESSSSSS. Welcome to the dark side. And the light side. IN FACT: The light/dark fusion side. This pairing has got me under its hold so bad it's almost ridiculous.

Oh really @ Pokota/Midna? I'll have to finish watching the series/beat the game and find out what you mean. This might take awhile because of my aforementioned procrastination. And because I am not good at video games.

The who light/dark fusion is what makes it interesting, really. Even though I still have uh, "unique" views of how the pairing is because the whole "Mazoku in love" thing canon has. :x PS. i love the pic in your current sig. XD

I only vaguely know the spoilers, but it's nothing big....to me (then again, I got spoiled. >__<).

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Yeah... they sure have their fair share of complication. But I still adore the pairing.

Oh, and thanks!

Spoilers probably wouldn't matter that much to me. I've already heard quite a few Revolution spoilers and there's a good chance I'll never beat Twilight Princess.

A little rant on a possible Xellos/Filia (and Lina/Gourry, Zelgadis/Amelia, but I don't really focus on that) hint from the beginning of the Shrine of Marriage episode. Already posted up at Beloved Enemy:

Spoiler:- Reactions at the Shrine of Marriage:

In other news...

Fanfiction Updates
    -New Chapter of Diplomacy (Xellos/Filia) by Skiyomi

Oh wow, I think it does too. O__O I never noticed that.

Also speaking of Xellos/Filia pretty much everything by this artist (lol need Pixiv account) is awesome....I'd post my favorite one here but it's the bloody one there. o__0

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

I was pretty pleased when I found it. Especially since they don't look pissy at each other for once. They actually look kinda curious XD

Oh she is AMAZING. She's also got a DeviantArt account by the same name and she's very nice. I squealed and died a little of joy when I found out she read my stuff. XD

So, I'm usually a canon-person, you know. But a Slayers club I'm a member at on DA is doing a crack pairing challenge. I've already done a Gourry/Zangulus response (thanks for reading by the way!) But I might do some more. Though I have... strongly held views about Slayers pairings, so there are certain pairings I won't be writing no matter what. But it's nice to stretch myself a little.

I just now found her dA account. I watched and comment/faved on my favorite one there. 8D

And a crack-pairing contest....I'd be all over that XD!

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

She's so super-cool. There are a lot of great Xellia artists on DeviantArt.

Crack-pairings are tough for me with Slayers, because I ulta-support Xellos/Filia, Zelgadis/Amelia, and Lina/Gourry, and when I'm that passionate about pairings -- I don't multiship. Especially not with writing.

To get ideas for the crack-pairing challenge, I literally used a randomizer to assign pairs. The most surreal moment was when Gaav/Gaav came up XD. Other ones that I thought were sort of interesting were: Hellmaster/Miwan (I don't know, I can sort of picture it!), Phil/Martina, Zangulus/Zelas (I actually got a lot of crazy Zelas ships), the sibling-stealing pairings of Zelgadis/Naga and Luna/Gourry, Valgaav/Dilgear (Hey, he would've fit in with Jillas and Gravos), and Milgazia/Martina.

Updates to the first post:
    -Super sexay Xellos/Filia fanart from Desert Island [Images]
    -"Just Rivals" by Skiyomi (Zangulus/Gourry) [Fanfiction]

PFFFFT a lot of those are too crazy even for me. o__0 I need to try that randomizer thing one day...

Valgaav/Dilgear (Hey, he would've fit in with Jillas and Gravos)
    Though now I want to see that/wish Dilgear WAS in TRY. XD

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Oh hai.

I <3 Slayers. And it's shippies. Especially Lina and Gourry. Those 2 are so funny together. =D

I'm gonna have to take a look at those fanfics later.

Luna and Gourry? O.o Luna even hasn't had a full appearance in the show, let along meet Gourry! (I was just skimming through the posts and saw 'crack shippings'. xD)

Looks like you guys found your 3rd fan. xD

Omigosh! There's three of us! You know what that means, don't you? Three's a crowd, so technically: a crowd of people are posting here. Or at least... that's how I'm going to look at it :P *Hurray for Amelia-brand optimism!*

Lina & Gourry are adorable. Have you seen Prettio's art on DeviantArt? She does a lot of great fanart of the two <3

Luna and Gourry? O.o Luna even hasn't had a full appearance in the show, let along meet Gourry! (I was just skimming through the posts and saw 'crack shippings'. xD)
    XD I guess that's what makes it crack! Scary as Luna is, I think Lina would have something to say if her big sis tried to steal her maaan :P

Though now I want to see that/wish Dilgear WAS in TRY. XD
    I love Dilgear. I guess supposedly he's now spending his life as Luna's pet? XD

I pretty sure it's canon that he's Luna pet (there's a picture somewhere) and she named him "Spot <3" or something. Which I guess is good because when I was watching it I really didn't want him to die D:

Also i decided to watch episode 19 of TRY just now....it's funny how after all these years I STILL wish Jillas stayed with Palu and his mother (the yellow fox-people for those who don't remember). And I want to ship Jillas/Palu's mom too just because of that. >_<;; *What-If idea go!*

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

It's on Dilgear's Kanzakadex page: http://kanzaka.wikia.com/wiki/Dilgear

Which is cute

Oooh. I know what you mean about Palu's mom. I was really surprise that Jillas didn't end up going back to her at the end because they would be soooo shippable together. Don't get me wrong, I like him working at Filia's shop with Gravos, but still.

...Because, really, Jillas has a better chance with Palu's mom than he does with Filia, especially if a certain priest shows up :P (Sorry, Jillas!)

I'm going to stop being lazy and get some Gourry/Lina and Zelgadis/Amelia scans together from the Slayers Premium manga I just got last week EVENTUALLY.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast