Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Slayers General Shipping Thread

That would've been a good idea if those opportunities happened, but unfortunately when it comes to that, Zel/Amelia is like the beta couple in the show compared to Lina/Gourry. :[

(Lyrics from "Bumaye" by KMFDM)
    Come by and visit my friend's site, Mystic Wish!
    (we accept fanfiction of all ratings and any fandom....yes, even yours)

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

I know... and that's probably why Lina/Gourry takes my number three slot in favorite Slayers pairing. I mean, I think they're great and all, but I'd like Zelgadis/Amelia and Xellos/Filia to get more limelight.

...Then again, it depends on the season. I don't think TRY had that much Lina/Gourry, especially compared to the other seasons (Perhaps the Xellia factor, perhaps not?), but I could be remembering wrong. It's hard to top the end of NEXT. Though I've heard Revo/Evo-R has a lot of lovely Lina/Gourry moments.

What I've seen of the first had a little bit of it (or it was 'hinted at'), but NEXT had the most. But I think you're right about TRY having less because of Xellos and Filia.

I'm not sure about REVO/EVO-R, because I've also heard from other people that Lina and Gourry have been 'flanderized' (lulwut)...which I don't really believe, but whatever. I can't believe that it was only last year I watched REVOLUTION and I forgot what happened. :|

EDIT: Holy crap, I was listening to my music earlier, and I don't know why but this song vaguely reminds me of either Valgaav/Filia or Xellos/Filia...mostly the former, though. o__0

And then when I make this edit the same song comes on my iTunes. :|
    Last edited by Durp; 23rd September 2010 at 5:31 AM. Reason: added some other crap olol

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

What I've seen of the first had a little bit of it (or it was 'hinted at'), but NEXT had the most. But I think you're right about TRY having less because of Xellos and Filia.
    Yeah, the first season had a few minor (but lovely, I think) Lina/Gourry and Zelgadis/Amelia moments, but NEXT pushed things into high gear.

I'm glad you agree about TRY, because obviously I have biases in that area. I think the thing is... there has to be a balance, right? The Lina/Gourry and Zelgadis/Amelia pairings have a very different dynamic from each other and can coexist pretty well. But, while Lina/Gourry is still quite different from Xellos/Filia, the fact remains that they still both operate on the principle of belligerent sexual tension :P

And because Xellos/Filia are way MORE belligerent, I think they crowded Lina/Gourry out a little (that would explain why there are still a good amount of Zelgadis/Amelia moments in TRY). Because Xellia fans will scream 'CANON' or 'PRACTICALLY canon', and different people have different opinions as to whether it should be considered part of the Traditional Slayers Pairings, but I'd like to think we can all agree that it was at least ship-teased.

But I like to think TRY gives something a little extra special to Lina and Gourry because of this. They both seem much more... chill with each other, I guess. They feel like they're more on the same wave-length than seasons past. It's actually a kinda nice move for their development.

I'm not sure about REVO/EVO-R, because I've also heard from other people that Lina and Gourry have been 'flanderized' (lulwut)...which I don't really believe, but whatever. I can't believe that it was only last year I watched REVOLUTION and I forgot what happened. :|
    I heard something about a soap-opera style episode? Whatever happens, I'm interested in seeing it.

EDIT: Holy crap, I was listening to my music earlier, and I don't know why but this song vaguely reminds me of either Valgaav/Filia or Xellos/Filia...mostly the former, though. o__0
    Oh yeah... I see what you mean. Parts feel more Valgaav/Filia and other parts feel more Xellos/Filia.

On the subject of shipping songs, Beloved Enemy has... Gawd, I don't even know HOW many Xellos/Filia songs here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    The Lina/Gourry and Zelgadis/Amelia pairings have a very different dynamic from each other and can coexist pretty well. But, while Lina/Gourry is still quite different from Xellos/Filia, the fact remains that they still both operate on the principle of belligerent sexual tension :P
    It seems that a lot of the main/canon Slayers pairing are. o__o;; I think that might be why they're so popular. XD

And because Xellos/Filia are way MORE belligerent, I think they crowded Lina/Gourry out a little (that would explain why there are still a good amount of Zelgadis/Amelia moments in TRY). Because Xellia fans will scream 'CANON' or 'PRACTICALLY canon', and different people have different opinions as to whether it should be considered part of the Traditional Slayers Pairings, but I'd like to think we can all agree that it was at least ship-teased.
    I think it should be considered traditional alongside L/G, Z/A and whatever else. I write 'whatever else' because I think Martina/Zangulus and Rezo/Eris were (part?) canon but I don't see them as often. :0

I heard something about a soap-opera style episode? Whatever happens, I'm interested in seeing it.
    O__O I need to see this.

Oh yeah... I see what you mean. Parts feel more Valgaav/Filia and other parts feel more Xellos/Filia.

On the subject of shipping songs, Beloved Enemy has... Gawd, I don't even know HOW many Xellos/Filia songs here.
    I've seen that! It's an awesome playlist. There should be more Slayers playlists/fanmix/whatever out there. D:

EDIT: Crap, I forgot something. I think my Jillas/Elena isn't as cracked-up to be when it comes to happening in-series because while watching episode 18 I found this picture at the end... O__O
    Last edited by Durp; 23rd September 2010 at 6:17 PM.

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

It seems that a lot of the main/canon Slayers pairing are. o__o;; I think that might be why they're so popular. XD
    XD Too true! I like my pairings with a healthy dose of conflict!

I think it should be considered traditional alongside L/G, Z/A and whatever else. I write 'whatever else' because I think Martina/Zangulus and Rezo/Eris were (part?) canon but I don't see them as often. :0
    I do too... there were just too many hints. Some people say that Valgaav/Filia should be part of trad, but... I don't know... that ending kinda made that very unlikely as far as I'm concerned.

Oooh. Yeah, those are other good ones too. I have a special fondness for Martina/Zangulus. I had an idea for a Martina/Zangulus oneshot awhile back... maybe I'll revisit it. I did a check up on them in a chapter of The Oracle's Wish that was fun.

I mean, they should definitely be considered trad. They got married for goodness sakes!

...Then there's the murkier territory of onesided trad... Gourry/Sylphiel... Martina/...Practically every male Martina's ever met, etc...

I've seen that! It's an awesome playlist. There should be more Slayers playlists/fanmix/whatever out there. D:
    Isn't it? I contribute songs to it whenever I can. It makes for inspiring listening

EDIT: Crap, I forgot something. I think my Jillas/Elena isn't as cracked-up to be when it comes to happening in-series because while watching episode 18 I found this picture at the end... O__O
    Oh my--?? what the--?? who is--?? is she wearing a--?? o.O;

...Dang it! Why didn't Jillas go back to them at the end if we've got something like this?!

I do too... there were just too many hints. Some people say that Valgaav/Filia should be part of trad, but... I don't know... that ending kinda made that very unlikely as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't think so about Valgaav/Filia. It had potential in-series up until the ending, but that's it. And this coming from someone who was a BIG fan of it back in the day. A part of me still likes it a little bit (why do i keep flip-flopping on Slayers pairings?), but only in an AU way.

Oooh. Yeah, those are other good ones too. I have a special fondness for Martina/Zangulus. I had an idea for a Martina/Zangulus oneshot awhile back... maybe I'll revisit it. I did a check up on them in a chapter of The Oracle's Wish that was fun.

I mean, they should definitely be considered trad. They got married for goodness sakes!
    IIRC people broke them up anyway because they thought it wouldn't last. I was indifferent on it, but years ago I once found an old site back then that gave reasons WHY it would work, and it convinced me.

Too bad most of the Slayers sites I looked at back then are gone now... >__<

Oh my--?? what the--?? who is--?? is she wearing a--?? o.O;

...Dang it! Why didn't Jillas go back to them at the end if we've got something like this?!
    Seriously. But, there's a chance that picture is non-canon/a parody of something I don't know, or done as a joke... But it still makes me wonder. I thought it was a picture from what they planned the episode to be originally about, but that's just me looking too deep into it.

I would like to know who that guy in the background with Palu is along with that. i don't recognize him.

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

I don't think so about Valgaav/Filia. It had potential in-series up until the ending, but that's it. And this coming from someone who was a BIG fan of it back in the day. A part of me still likes it a little bit (why do i keep flip-flopping on Slayers pairings?), but only in an AU way.
    I guess people can claim that it's possible with the dragon aging process (which I've seen discussed. It's confusing to say the least.) that Val could look around her age after a period of time, but... but I just don't think it's feasible to pair up with someone whose diapers you changed Benjamin Button notwithstanding.

IIRC people broke them up anyway because they thought it wouldn't last. I was indifferent on it, but years ago I once found an old site back then that gave reasons WHY it would work, and it convinced me.
    Awww... that makes me sad. I kinda thought they were really right for each other. :/ Can't see being against the pairing enough to break up a marriage... but there you go.

I'd really like a Slayers check in with them. Or even a mention of what Zoana's like now.

Seriously. But, there's a chance that picture is non-canon/a parody of something I don't know, or done as a joke... But it still makes me wonder. I thought it was a picture from what they planned the episode to be originally about, but that's just me looking too deep into it.

I would like to know who that guy in the background with Palu is along with that. i don't recognize him.
    Yeah... it's hard to say with those stand-alone images from the anime. Remember NEXT's commerical break eyecatches with the different pairings? Cowboy!Gourry/Cowboy!Zel is hardly canon.

Still... I don't see any reason why Jillas/Elena couldn't be... they're so darn cute, ya know!

I don't know what that guy's deal is either... hmm...

This makes me think a lot about secondary/stand-alone-episode pairings from TRY. I tend to think of a lot of them in relation to Xellos/Filia. Marco/Sera is an obvious one. They fight just like kids who like each other.

Lila/Kerel (not sure if those are spelled right) is another one. I wrote an entire mini-essay for Beloved Enemy on that one (not sure if I've linked that here already). It's basically in the filler arc after Xellos saved Filia and they had all those cute little Filia-holding-a-wounded-Xellos moments. Then we have... an episode about the struggles on interspecies romance? Seems kind of like a deliberate nod, but I could be reading too much into that.

I guess people can claim that it's possible with the dragon aging process (which I've seen discussed. It's confusing to say the least.) that Val could look around her age after a period of time, but... but I just don't think it's feasible to pair up with someone whose diapers you changed Benjamin Button notwithstanding.
    I know >__< It would be pretty gross.

Awww... that makes me sad. I kinda thought they were really right for each other. :/ Can't see being against the pairing enough to break up a marriage... but there you go.
    Me neither. :/

I'd really like a Slayers check in with them. Or even a mention of what Zoana's like now.
    I just thought of something. Since the new ones had references to the first season (probably why it all flew over my head), maybe there can be new seasons that are about NEXT and TRY.

Yeah... it's hard to say with those stand-alone images from the anime. Remember NEXT's commerical break eyecatches with the different pairings? Cowboy!Gourry/Cowboy!Zel is hardly canon.
    XD Not canon, but pretty dang funny anyway.

Still... I don't see any reason why Jillas/Elena couldn't be... they're so darn cute, ya know!
    I know. And they are similar species, so that should get people to at least think it's plausible.

This makes me think a lot about secondary/stand-alone-episode pairings from TRY. I tend to think of a lot of them in relation to Xellos/Filia.
    Lila/Kerel (not sure if those are spelled right) is another one. I wrote an entire mini-essay for Beloved Enemy on that one (not sure if I've linked that here already). It's basically in the filler arc after Xellos saved Filia and they had all those cute little Filia-holding-a-wounded-Xellos moments. Then we have... an episode about the struggles on interspecies romance? Seems kind of like a deliberate nod, but I could be reading too much into that.
    Aren't they the human that was in love with the fish...? That was creepy. XD And while I see the interspecies thing comes from, I don't think the writers had that in mind when it comes to Xellos/Filia...I thought that episode was done to be funny.

I tried looking on the site though to find the essay, I didn't find it. >__< Found it.

Though, finding this one reminded me of how when "The Noose" by A Perfect Circle came on my iTunes and I instantly thought of Xellos. o__0
    Last edited by Durp; 23rd September 2010 at 8:01 PM.

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

I just thought of something. Since the new ones had references to the first season (probably why it all flew over my head), maybe there can be new seasons that are about NEXT and TRY.
    That would be AWESOME because I love both those series. I also want my Filly back. I WANT HER BACK!!!

...Well, at least we get a reference to Filia's affectionate little nickname for Xellos: "Raw Garbage" :P

XD Not canon, but pretty dang funny anyway.
    I like how it broke the screen XD

I know. And they are similar species, so that should get people to at least think it's plausible.
    Now, are they box foxes and Elena's just a cream colored kind or is she some other kind of canine?

Aren't they the human that was in love with the fish...? That was creepy. XD And while I see the interspecies thing comes from, I don't think the writers had that in mind when it comes to Xellos/Filia...I thought that episode was done to be funny.
    Yep! It was creepy! But I think, if nothing else, it at least shows the writers' willingness to play with a pairing like that. As I say in my mini-essay it shows that they're okay with interspecies relationships and furthers the theme of opposites in TRY (which Xellia is very much a part of). And... well, if a Fish Person/Human pairing is okay... then so should be a pairing of two creatures that can take human forms.

I haven't heard that song... I'll have to check it out...

It seems like there are *a lot* of songs that relate to Xellos/Filia.

That would be AWESOME because I love both those series. I also want my Filly back. I WANT HER BACK!!!
    XD I do too. I don't know if it would be possible, but the new Slayers season seemed well-received (?) and pretty much BROUGHT the fandom back to life, so...

Now, are they box foxes and Elena's just a cream colored kind or is she some other kind of canine?
    I thought they were both foxes, but Elena and Palu are a different color/not related to the "Red Fox Tribe" ....

Yep! It was creepy! But I think, if nothing else, it at least shows the writers' willingness to play with a pairing like that. As I say in my mini-essay it shows that they're okay with interspecies relationships and furthers the theme of opposites in TRY (which Xellia is very much a part of). And... well, if a Fish Person/Human pairing is okay... then so should be a pairing of two creatures that can take human forms.
    Yeah, I thought that the ~*~society~*~ would be okay with human forms, but not anything higher up like the gods/rulers/whatever in Slayers world.
    (I don't know if I worded that right)

It seems like there are *a lot* of songs that relate to Xellos/Filia.
    Really...I was even looking through my songs earlier and I thought "Looking Glass" by The Birthday Massacre -might- fit, though it seems a little too dark for them?

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

XD I do too. I don't know if it would be possible, but the new Slayers season seemed well-received (?) and pretty much BROUGHT the fandom back to life, so...
    I think it at least sold well, responses were pretty mixed. But whether people liked it or not, I agree, it definitely caused a resurgance in love for this fandom. Whether it was old fans remembering their love for it, or new fans picking it up for the first time. That gives me hope for another new season <3

...Even if we have to wait another ten years, damn it.

I fool myself, honestly, but I like to think Filia has a good chance of at least a cameo if they go through with it. Sylphiel got one. And Filia had a much more major part in her season than Martina or Sylphiel. In fact, TRY's storyline was tied much more to Filia than to Lina in my opinion.

...And her interaction with Xellos is so priceless. They could honestly do more with that.

I thought they were both foxes, but Elena and Palu are a different color/not related to the "Red Fox Tribe" ....
    Lawl. I said 'box foxes' instead of 'both foxes'. *typo*

Yeah, they're probably both foxes (omigosh, I made that typo again. Caught it this time). I just wondered because I don't think they said...

...Omigosh. I want to see some Jillas/Elena fanart in the Robin Hood/Maid Marian costumes from Disney's Robin Hood. Like, right now.

Really...I was even looking through my songs earlier and I thought "Looking Glass" by The Birthday Massacre -might- fit, though it seems a little too dark for them?
    I think it certainly could fit them. How dark you wanna go with Xellia is really a personal thing. But it reminds me that I saw a Xellia fanart on pixiv with Filia in a giant birdcage.

...Speaking of songs... WARNING! I'm going to talk about Xellia and Lady Gaga now! THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE TO RUN!!

...Okay, when I heard 'Bad Romance' I will admit to thinking of Xellos/Filia. But that's not the main one. No, no, no. Then I heard 'Monster'.

I MEAN, COME ON! Monster? Evil eyes? He's a wolf in disguise? It's so meant to be!

M-m-m-monster~

I think it at least sold well, responses were pretty mixed. But whether people liked it or not, I agree, it definitely caused a resurgance in love for this fandom. Whether it was old fans remembering their love for it, or new fans picking it up for the first time. That gives me hope for another new season <3
    I'm 50/50 on it, it could happen, or it won't. I would like it if there WAS, though.

I fool myself, honestly, but I like to think Filia has a good chance of at least a cameo if they go through with it. Sylphiel got one. And Filia had a much more major part in her season than Martina or Sylphiel. In fact, TRY's storyline was tied much more to Filia than to Lina in my opinion.
    Yeah... but it seems like TRY is like an "exception" to a lot of people because it wasn't based on a novel or whatever. :[ It's still my favorite Slayers though >__>

I just wondered because I don't think they said...
    They probably didn't because they were like 'lol they're minors, who cares'...but -I- care ;A;

...Omigosh. I want to see some Jillas/Elena fanart in the Robin Hood/Maid Marian costumes from Disney's Robin Hood. Like, right now.
    PGJAISRGJSO I need to be the one to do that. *puts it on to-do list*

I think it certainly could fit them. How dark you wanna go with Xellia is really a personal thing. But it reminds me that I saw a Xellia fanart on pixiv with Filia in a giant birdcage.
    I like the pairing kinda dark, but not to the point all the humor it can have is 100% gone. :[

And link? If not I can find it myself, but.

WARNING! I'm going to talk about Xellia and Lady Gaga now! THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE TO RUN!!
    *sits down as everyone else runs away*

...Okay, when I heard 'Bad Romance' I will admit to thinking of Xellos/Filia. But that's not the main one. No, no, no. Then I heard 'Monster'.

I MEAN, COME ON! Monster? Evil eyes? He's a wolf in disguise? It's so meant to be!
    lol, I thought it was funny when I saw it on the playlist. But I can get why some would see it. XD

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Yeah... but it seems like TRY is like an "exception" to a lot of people because it wasn't based on a novel or whatever. :[ It's still my favorite Slayers though >__>
    Yeah, I know a lot of people prefer the novel-based stuff. But wasn't Hajime Kanzaka still on the writing staff for TRY?

To be honest, I want to see it go the other way on this one. I want to see a novel based on TRY come out. Because I'd love to see Filia in a novel.

I mean, I don't think it's right to write off TRY just because it wasn't based on the novels considering how deeply it delved into the mythology of the world. It's not like it's a frivolous filler season by a long shot.

I don't know. It just seems like a lot of the fanfiction I see for Slayers is Xellos/Filia. It would certainly appeal to that section of the fandom if she came back XP

And supposedly there's an interview by Hajime Kanzaka that says part of Filia's purpose was to be a girl Xellos would be interested in, to cement Lina/Gourry and discourage Xellos/Lina. But it's disappeared from the internet and now only lives as vapor and whisper. People swear they saw it though... Well, if it's true that plan was not an unqualified success (people still ship Xellos/Lina) but it certainly captured a large portion of the fanbase. So bring it back, I say!

They probably didn't because they were like 'lol they're minors, who cares'...but -I- care ;A;
    I care too! Why couldn't Slayers do an indepth exploration of beastman-human history? I would watch that.

PGJAISRGJSO I need to be the one to do that. *puts it on to-do list*
    Yes. Yes! YES!

I like the pairing kinda dark, but not to the point all the humor it can have is 100% gone. :[

And link? If not I can find it myself, but.
    Yeah, I agree. Comedy with the threat of tragedy is the way I like them best. Enough drama to treat the thing seriously and not like a joke, but not so much that we're plunged into an angst nightmare from which there is no awakening.

Found it again: link.

lol, I thought it was funny when I saw it on the playlist. But I can get why some would see it. XD
    I'm sure it's no surprise that it was me who suggested it XD. I really can't listen to the song without thinking about them anymore.

Yeah, I know a lot of people prefer the novel-based stuff. But wasn't Hajime Kanzaka still on the writing staff for TRY?
    Yeah he was. Well, according to Kanzakadex or whatever.

To be honest, I want to see it go the other way on this one. I want to see a novel based on TRY come out. Because I'd love to see Filia in a novel.
    Only if it has new stuff, for me. Like I once read the first novel twice (once on Inverse.org years ago, second when it was released in English) and have the second one, and those have things scenes that the anime didn't have.

I mean, I don't think it's right to write off TRY just because it wasn't based on the novels considering how deeply it delved into the mythology of the world. It's not like it's a frivolous filler season by a long shot.
    THIS

I don't know. It just seems like a lot of the fanfiction I see for Slayers is Xellos/Filia. It would certainly appeal to that section of the fandom if she came back XP
    Imagine what new trouble would happen with her having Valgaav around now.

And supposedly there's an interview by Hajime Kanzaka that says part of Filia's purpose was to be a girl Xellos would be interested in, to cement Lina/Gourry and discourage Xellos/Lina. But it's disappeared from the internet and now only lives as vapor and whisper. People swear they saw it though... Well, if it's true that plan was not an unqualified success (people still ship Xellos/Lina) but it certainly captured a large portion of the fanbase. So bring it back, I say!
    ...I want to see that now. >__< I wonder if it's in a Slayers infobook or something.

I care too! Why couldn't Slayers do an indepth exploration of beastman-human history? I would watch that.
    Me too... T__T I mean, IIRC Duclis and Pokota had backstories, but they don't really count to me because, uh...

Spoiler:- I think this is a huge one:

Yes. Yes! YES!
    I would've done it full body if I haven't been going through art-related angst lately XD

Also, imagine this: Dilgear as either Little John or the Sheriff of Nottingham. I was going to put him in, but I couldn't pick which role (the first is hilarious, second makes more sense).

Yeah, I agree. Comedy with the threat of tragedy is the way I like them best. Enough drama to treat the thing seriously and not like a joke, but not so much that we're plunged into an angst nightmare from which there is no awakening.
    Besides, Slayers isn't 100% serious, even though it has serious parts.

Found it again: link.
    Oh, cool. So I guess that song does fit with it because of that. XD

I'm sure it's no surprise that it was me who suggested it XD. I really can't listen to the song without thinking about them anymore.
    Same here

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Yeah he was. Well, according to Kanzakadex or whatever.
    I figured he was. I mean, he wrote for the OVAs and those are less important to the canon IMO. And considering how in depth TRY is, you'd pretty much have to have the great Slayers-mind himself involved.

Only if it has new stuff, for me. Like I once read the first novel twice (once on Inverse.org years ago, second when it was released in English) and have the second one, and those have things scenes that the anime didn't have.
    Oh, yeah. I absolutely agree. A new take on it would be awesome.

...But even if Hajime Kanzaka wrote one, they wouldn't translate it into English. *tears hair out and damns tokyopop*

Imagine what new trouble would happen with her having Valgaav around now.
    Exactly! She'd be a mama and not to be trifled with! Can't you just imagine her terrorizing the PTA or something like that?

...I want to see that now. >__< I wonder if it's in a Slayers infobook or something.
    As far as I know, no one's been able to find it again. Here's the link to the article about it on Beloved Enemy.

*rereads article* Well, that does it. I know Amber, and if she says its real then I believe it 100%.

Me too... T__T I mean, IIRC Duclis and Pokota had backstories, but they don't really count to me because, uh...
    Oooh. I actually knew that spoiler already. So it's all good.

I would've done it full body if I haven't been going through art-related angst lately XD

Also, imagine this: Dilgear as either Little John or the Sheriff of Nottingham. I was going to put him in, but I couldn't pick which role (the first is hilarious, second makes more sense).
    *squeals like a little girl* That's awesome!

Ooh. That'd be cool. I think he'd make a good Sheriff.

...Now I want to cast Prince John and Hiss. They were my favorites.

Besides, Slayers isn't 100% serious, even though it has serious parts.
    Absolutely, and that's one of the things that makes it great. It really winds up into some great drama.

I figured he was. I mean, he wrote for the OVAs and those are less important to the canon IMO. And considering how in depth TRY is, you'd pretty much have to have the great Slayers-mind himself involved.
    See? Take that, "TRY isn't canon" people... >__>

Oh, yeah. I absolutely agree. A new take on it would be awesome.

...But even if Hajime Kanzaka wrote one, they wouldn't translate it into English. *tears hair out and damns tokyopop*
    Especially if it had more backstory for things like the other golden dragons and etc. And screw Tokyopop, back when I was into manga I remember they were the ones that had expensive volumes D:

Exactly! She'd be a mama and not to be trifled with! Can't you just imagine her terrorizing the PTA or something like that?
    OH GOD O__O I can. and it's an awesome thought.

As far as I know, no one's been able to find it again. Here's the link to the article about it on Beloved Enemy.

*rereads article* Well, that does it. I know Amber, and if she says its real then I believe it 100%.
    Yeah, I don't think they're lying. Though, I think him getting concerned over fans shipping other couples than Lina/Gourry is a little...i don't know. Maybe I think that sticking to canon only/100% takes the fun out of it, and if I had something out I actually wouldn't mind anyone breaking up any canon pairings I made. I don't know where I'm going with this.

*squeals like a little girl* That's awesome!

Ooh. That'd be cool. I think he'd make a good Sheriff.

...Now I want to cast Prince John and Hiss. They were my favorites.
    Thank you ^__^ And he would, because unlike Jillas he wasn't shown as changing to turn good, he just pwned and never appeared again D:

lol, I wonder who would be them

Absolutely, and that's one of the things that makes it great. It really winds up into some great drama.
    Not to mention the world with the races and magic is interesting. I think there's a JP. book about that, I want it translated... >__o

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Especially if it had more backstory for things like the other golden dragons and etc. And screw Tokyopop, back when I was into manga I remember they were the ones that had expensive volumes D:
    Now that I would love. There just isn't enough known about golden dragons (let alone other kinds of dragons).

I'm mostly mad at Tokyopop for not translating novels beyond 8. YEAH, they didn't sell well. Because you guys did absolutely nothing to promote them and they were hardly in any stores! *I* love Slayers to death and I'll walk across broken glass to get the novels, yes, but you can't expect someone who doesn't know much about the series to go to that inconvenience!

I have the same beef with CPM Manga over the Super-Explosion-Demon-Story and Special mangas. Is there some sort of conspiracy to keep Slayers books out of stores or something?

OH GOD O__O I can. and it's an awesome thought.
    I'm SO glad Filia ended up with the ending she got. She is SUCH a mom.

Yeah, I don't think they're lying. Though, I think him getting concerned over fans shipping other couples than Lina/Gourry is a little...i don't know. Maybe I think that sticking to canon only/100% takes the fun out of it, and if I had something out I actually wouldn't mind anyone breaking up any canon pairings I made. I don't know where I'm going with this.
    I know what you're saying, and I think it's kinda like this: Accounts I've read have said that Hajime Kanzaka originally intended for there to be no romance in his novels. But according to him, Lina/Gourry just kind of evolved naturally and had to happen. In that way, I think he "discovered" his own pairing in a way much more similar to a fan than a creator. As a "die-hard" fan of the pairing, he might have a little less distance from the fandom pairings involving the two than a creator usually would.

Thank you ^__^ And he would, because unlike Jillas he wasn't shown as changing to turn good, he just pwned and never appeared again D:

lol, I wonder who would be them
    Yep, yep. He'd probably be evil again if he could get off his leash!

I can't really think of anyone from the anime.... shame!

Not to mention the world with the races and magic is interesting. I think there's a JP. book about that, I want it translated... >__o
    There needs to be more Slayers stuff released in English! >

Now that I would love. There just isn't enough known about golden dragons (let alone other kinds of dragons).
    Especially Filia's family. Like they mentioned her father by name at one point, but that's it.

I'm mostly mad at Tokyopop for not translating novels beyond 8. YEAH, they didn't sell well. Because you guys did absolutely nothing to promote them and they were hardly in any stores!
    Yeah, really. Slayers has some popularity over here too (look at how good the boxset by Funimation went), so it was pretty stupid to not promote it.

I have the same beef with CPM Manga over the Super-Explosion-Demon-Story and Special mangas. Is there some sort of conspiracy to keep Slayers books out of stores or something?
    ..Maybe.

I'm SO glad Filia ended up with the ending she got. She is SUCH a mom.
    Haha, really. XD

I know what you're saying, and I think it's kinda like this: Accounts I've read have said that Hajime Kanzaka originally intended for there to be no romance in his novels. But according to him, Lina/Gourry just kind of evolved naturally and had to happen.
    Makes sense to me, then.

In that way, I think he "discovered" his own pairing in a way much more similar to a fan than a creator. As a "die-hard" fan of the pairing, he might have a little less distance from the fandom pairings involving the two than a creator usually would.
    Ohh, okay. I guess I assumed he was being like "this is how it is, don't change it" to fans D:

Yep, yep. He'd probably be evil again if he could get off his leash!
    Though, maybe being Luna's pet would straighten him out a little.

There needs to be more Slayers stuff released in English! >
    We can always try to contact Funimation...I think they're the current copywrite (?) holders of it in US.

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Especially Filia's family. Like they mentioned her father by name at one point, but that's it.
    Yeah, I agree. I think she said her father was a high priest, right? That's... interesting... The guy would roll over in his grave if he found out about Xellos.

...Oh, that actually brings up an uncomfortable thought. I *assume* Filia's parents are dead and gone, but I suppose I could be wrong. I don't remember if they ever addressed it. But if they are dead... well... we know someone who killed a whole bunch of golden dragons, don't we? *squirms*

...Not that I think it's that likely that something like that happened. I think Filia would have more of a... personal hatred for Xellos then. She wouldn't have just refered to him as the person who "killed thousands of her people".

Yeah, really. Slayers has some popularity over here too (look at how good the boxset by Funimation went), so it was pretty stupid to not promote it.
    I hope they reconsider after the resurgance of popularity with the new seasons. It would take a little investment on their part, but I really think the show is under-appreciated. It just needs a little publicity! And that can't just be me haranguing people to watch it!

Ohh, okay. I guess I assumed he was being like "this is how it is, don't change it" to fans D:
    Yeah, I think he was kind of joking about it too.

...Now see, I guess it says something for seeing the world in a certain way. But when I first read the novels (the ones in English at least *twitch*), I thought I saw a few Lina/Gourry and Zelgadis/Amelia moments.

We can always try to contact Funimation...I think they're the current copywrite (?) holders of it in US.
    I'm glad it was Funimation that got it. They seem to have a lot of respect for what they're doing. I don't know if they work with print though...

Yeah, I agree. I think she said her father was a high priest, right? That's... interesting... The guy would roll over in his grave if he found out about Xellos.

...Oh, that actually brings up an uncomfortable thought. I *assume* Filia's parents are dead and gone, but I suppose I could be wrong. I don't remember if they ever addressed it. But if they are dead... well... we know someone who killed a whole bunch of golden dragons, don't we? *squirms*

...Not that I think it's that likely that something like that happened. I think Filia would have more of a... personal hatred for Xellos then. She wouldn't have just refered to him as the person who "killed thousands of her people".
    Yeah, it's not too likely, but if it was, it'd be a disturbing thought. x__X

I hope they reconsider after the resurgance of popularity with the new seasons. It would take a little investment on their part, but I really think the show is under-appreciated. It just needs a little publicity! And that can't just be me haranguing people to watch it!
    It is...It would be nice for it to be popular again like how it used to be ;__;

...Now see, I guess it says something for seeing the world in a certain way. But when I first read the novels (the ones in English at least *twitch*), I thought I saw a few Lina/Gourry and Zelgadis/Amelia moments.
    I did too, but not the latter pairing because I don't remember Amelia being in the first novel?

I'm glad it was Funimation that got it. They seem to have a lot of respect for what they're doing. I don't know if they work with print though...
    I was thinking e-mail.

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Yeah, it's not too likely, but if it was, it'd be a disturbing thought. x__X
    It is indeed... not like that pairing needs a higher angst factor.

It is...It would be nice for it to be popular again like how it used to be ;__;
    *sigh* I wasn't even in the fandom when it was popular. It makes me sad.

I did too, but not the latter pairing because I don't remember Amelia being in the first novel?
    Not the first novel... and not even the first novel with her because Zel doesn't show up in that one. I guess they're not huge shippy moments, just nice or interesting moments between the characters. The novels mention that Amelia was the one that taught Zel the recover spell, which I think is lovely.

I was thinking e-mail.
    Oh, you mean like Funimation prods Tokyopop/Other Manga Translating companies with the rights to Slayers to take up the project against to match with the DVD releases?

*sigh* I wasn't even in the fandom when it was popular. It makes me sad.
    lol, I remember i started watching it and got internet when it started to die. I was like "LOL WHERE IS EVERYONE?"

Not the first novel... and not even the first novel with her because Zel doesn't show up in that one. I guess they're not huge shippy moments, just nice or interesting moments between the characters. The novels mention that Amelia was the one that taught Zel the recover spell, which I think is lovely.
    Oh, that's cool.

Oh, you mean like Funimation prods Tokyopop/Other Manga Translating companies with the rights to Slayers to take up the project against to match with the DVD releases?
    I didn't think of that, would they even have the ~*~rights~*~ to do that? o__0

Crap, we need a new shipping-related topic... I have one in mind but i'll mention it after you. :x

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Indeed! It's not fair when that happens!

Yeah, I like to think that Zelgadis could reciprocate by showing her how to pick locks :P

I didn't think of that, would they even have the ~*~rights~*~ to do that? o__0
    I don't think Funimation could make them... but they could certainly suggest it as a good idea. Their word would probably mean more than the letter-writing effort to Tokyopop that's been the only real fan resort.

...That reminds me, I ought to write my letter, waste of postage or not!

Crap, we need a new shipping-related topic... I have one in mind but i'll mention it after you. :x
    Oooh. Feel free to give one. I've got a couple of screenshots I want to put together to deconstruct, but we could really use another topic~<3

I was looking in some other threads for topics, but I ended up coming up with two:

What Slayers pairing do you not understand?

Any songs that remind you of Slayers pairings? <--Besides the Xellos/Filia playlist posted earlier XD

And then, if it's okay, just some general series topics (because we all know the plot and etc. can be just as interesting if not more than the shipping):

How did you get into the series?

Do you own any Slayers merchandise?

Favorite/least favorite movie/OVA/season?

Ever seen Lost Universe?
    Last edited by Durp; 25th September 2010 at 12:03 AM.

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast