Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Slayers General Shipping Thread

I think we should clap for that!
    *clap clap clap*
    That, ladies and gentlemen, is progress!

...Of course... that was during her whole 'I'll never love again!' phase... which Zangulus snapped her right out of. Maybe dragons just aren't her type.

Thank you for not spoiling it, in novel 7/8?
    I am pretty sure that I'll reconize it when I read that part, definitly will post about it then :P
    Actually, I believe it's in novel 5

Gah, you aren't going to say me I missed that shipping moment? I saw it like; yesterday again after watching it many times and I never noticed it *headdesk*
    [Cute screenshot though ♥ ]
    It's like a split second thing. I nearly missed it when I was taking screenshots.

Yeah, Lina does frequently call Gourry attractive during the exposition, and I think even moreso in novel 1 when he's introduced, but to be fair, she gives a bit of a description about most people's attractiveness level, regardless of gender.

I wish I had someone to pair Sylphiel up with. I like Sylphiel, but I think even she knows that it's just not working out with her and Gourry. On that note...

There is murder in Lina's eyes!

That, ladies and gentlemen, is progress!

...Of course... that was during her whole 'I'll never love again!' phase... which Zangulus snapped her right out of. Maybe dragons just aren't her type.
    *still clapping*

Hmm, yeah. They seem like a cute couple though. Zangulus seems the best out of all her crushes.

Actually, I believe it's in novel 5
    Gah, I always miss the good parts XD

It's like a split second thing. I nearly missed it when I was taking screenshots.

Yeah, Lina does frequently call Gourry attractive during the exposition, and I think even moreso in novel 1 when he's introduced, but to be fair, she gives a bit of a description about most people's attractiveness level, regardless of gender.
    Actually, if you're just watching an anime, you miss loads of stuff 'til you're going to see details!

She probably think his attractiveness level is more then 100% though ;_;
    She should take this serious! We all see the romance between you guys, you can't deny!
    Oh and Lina, stop rating people about they attractiveness! In the name of Justice, by your own princess from Saillune - Amelia!

I wish I had someone to pair Sylphiel up with. I like Sylphiel, but I think even she knows that it's just not working out with her and Gourry. On that note...
    Don't think so either, Gourry doesn't really seem to pick up alot about Sylphiel!

There is murder in Lina's eyes!
    "... Should I cast a Dragon Slave ... Nah, that would hurt Gourry.
    I think a fireball would do the work."
    Yes. She is making plans about girls taking away Gourry.

"Even though their styles are totally different, they work well together."

Gah, I always miss the good parts XD
    I could post the bit if you want, I don't think it's a really spoilery part. But if you want to hold of in case you're able to get the book in the future then that's fine.

Actually, if you're just watching an anime, you miss loads of stuff 'til you're going to see details!
    Too true. That's why I enjoy taking screenshots.

She probably think his attractiveness level is more then 100% though ;_;
    She should take this serious! We all see the romance between you guys, you can't deny!
    Oh and Lina, stop rating people about they attractiveness! In the name of Justice, by your own princess from Saillune - Amelia!
    XD I think she's just describing the characters for the readers, since it's first person and all.

Don't think so either, Gourry doesn't really seem to pick up alot about Sylphiel!
    She can cook... and he doesn't remember much else!

Though the novels are a bit different...

"... Should I cast a Dragon Slave ... Nah, that would hurt Gourry.
    I think a fireball would do the work."
    Yes. She is making plans about girls taking away Gourry.
    XD She doesn't usually worry too much about Gourry getting in the way of spells. Gourry is suprisingly fire resistant!

Another scan:

!! Xellos is a creeper!

I could post the bit if you want, I don't think it's a really spoilery part. But if you want to hold of in case you're able to get the book in the future then that's fine.
    Feel free to post it, I don't really care

Too true. That's why I enjoy taking screenshots.
    Yup! Just so you can get some spiffy moments nobody else mentioned...

XD I think she's just describing the characters for the readers, since it's first person and all.
    Ah, yeah. I understand. I probably wouldn't have understand a lot about the book if I didn't watch the anime first!

She can cook... and he doesn't remember much else!

Though the novels are a bit different...
    She became infatuated with Gourry to the point where she refers to him as "Dear Gourry" or "Gourry Dear". Gourry only remembers her for her good cooking.
    Source: click!

Ohh! I can't wait to read novel 8. Loads of Sylphiel!

XD She doesn't usually worry too much about Gourry getting in the way of spells. Gourry is suprisingly fire resistant!
    He is? Well, that's a good point then! Now she can just get Sylphiel out of the way!

Another scan:

!! Xellos is a creeper!
    WHAT. Why is Xellos looking at gir-
    I don't even want to know.

Feel free to post it, I don't really care
    I was actually mistaken and it's from novel 6, but here it is:

Spoiler:- novel excerpt - 6:

XD

WHAT. Why is Xellos looking at gir-
    I don't even want to know.
    It's 'cause he's a creeper!

*Xellia side of brain kicks in* Filia is closest to the window.

2 spoilers won't work. Ughh.
    About the spoiler: Bwahaha, that's awesome. I was sure he was going to say 'another word' but I was wrong. I love that moment from now on ;-;

It's 'cause he's a creeper!

*Xellia side of brain kicks in* Filia is closest to the window.
    *headdesk*
    I bet Gourry and Zelgadiss are watching from another wind- *shot*

+ I don't want to be the lazy one so I'm going to screenshot all the hug moments in the Slug episode.
    Will update later!

Spoiler:- Yay, done!:
    Last edited by Esmerry; 22nd January 2011 at 3:10 PM.

About the spoiler: Bwahaha, that's awesome. I was sure he was going to say 'another word' but I was wrong. I love that moment from now on ;-;
    It's awesome. And I love how both Xellos and Amelia are disappointed.

*headdesk*
    I bet Gourry and Zelgadiss are watching from another wind- *shot*
    If they are, they're all gonna get Dragon Slaved.

@ the screenshots:

Awww. I really like the transition after they teleport with Gourry being all serious

Scans + Screenshots!

I always really liked this scan. Amelia's trying to get him to join the group, and Zel's trying to be all non-chalant but he's got that blushy little ohmygodshe'stouchingme emotion bubble XP

He decided to keep that hat on for the wedding :P

Ah... and here's that moment I think I mentioned before:

Amelia: I wish I was a bride.

Zelgadis: And I thought you wanted to be a hero of justice, Amelia.

Amelia: I do wanna be a hero. And I want to be a bride too.

It's awesome. And I love how both Xellos and Amelia are disappointed.
    We have loads of proof that Amelia & Xellos are Lina x Gourry shippers ^_^

If they are, they're all gonna get Dragon Slaved.
    ... By Lina, if she ever notices. Or by Sylphiel who sees Gourry is watching other girls.

Awww. I really like the transition after they teleport with Gourry being all serious
    Yup! Most of the time it's Lina being the serious girl in those situations but Gourry did his job!

I always really liked this scan. Amelia's trying to get him to join the group, and Zel's trying to be all non-chalant but he's got that blushy little ohmygodshe'stouchingme emotion bubble XP
    XD
    "Group picture, guys!" "Zelgadiss smile! You are a part of the group too!" "[... what.] "

He decided to keep that hat on for the wedding :P
    Lol, he couldn't leave him at home!

Amelia: I wish I was a bride.

Zelgadis: And I thought you wanted to be a hero of justice, Amelia.

Amelia: I do wanna be a hero. And I want to be a bride too.
    Oh my, awesome. She's probably thinking: "You think I can't be a bride AND a hero, all at once? Embarassing!"

We have loads of proof that Amelia & Xellos are Lina x Gourry shippers ^_^
    I should compile a list for that... it'd be interesting to see the amount of evidence that could come up for the novel world and the anime world.

... By Lina, if she ever notices. Or by Sylphiel who sees Gourry is watching other girls.
    I was gonna say that Sylphiel would cry and run away first... but Sylphiel does have hidden depths.

Yup! Most of the time it's Lina being the serious girl in those situations but Gourry did his job!
    He definitely takes his role as protector seriously.

Oh my, awesome. She's probably thinking: "You think I can't be a bride AND a hero, all at once? Embarassing!"
    I really like how he's looking at her. He looks very... fond.

I should compile a list for that... it'd be interesting to see the amount of evidence that could come up for the novel world and the anime world.
    That would be nice! There are a lot of hints, not only for Lina x Gourry [though I guess the most of the proof is from them] but Amelia x Zelgadis too!

was gonna say that Sylphiel would cry and run away first... but Sylphiel does have hidden depths.
    XD Okay, maybe she would first go home and cry - cry - cry. Then come back and cast a Dragon Slave as revenge! Sounds as a plan.

He definitely takes his role as protector seriously.
    He does, but he should because he said he'd protect her for the rest of her life!

I really like how he's looking at her. He looks very... fond.
    He does look pretty happy, in my opinion. AND he's actually smiling at her!

That would be nice! There are a lot of hints, not only for Lina x Gourry [though I guess the most of the proof is from them] but Amelia x Zelgadis too!
    It'd be a big project, and I'd probably have to watch the dub and sub back to back to be accurate. Maybe someday...

XD Okay, maybe she would first go home and cry - cry - cry. Then come back and cast a Dragon Slave as revenge! Sounds as a plan.
    Better than her flare arrows at least.

More screenshots!

I like how Amelia is the one tending to Zelgadis after Filia socked him with her mace

It's... sort of like Lady and the Tramp.

Marco and Sera are adorable.

It'd be a big project, and I'd probably have to watch the dub and sub back to back to be accurate. Maybe someday...
    Uh, true. I doubt anyone knows all of the moments out of his/her head and watching them all would take alot of tinme...

I like how Amelia is the one tending to Zelgadis after Filia socked him with her mace
    Aww! [Lol @ Filia though] I wish they let us see how Amelia rescued Zelgadiss from the slugs, though. We only see the moment before and the moment after

It's... sort of like Lady and the Tramp.
    Only with fish! I love that spaghetti-scene ♥

Marco and Sera are adorable.
    D'aww. They're so cute! [Even though Marco seems to not like the hug in this screenshot]

Aww! [Lol @ Filia though] I wish they let us see how Amelia rescued Zelgadiss from the slugs, though. We only see the moment before and the moment after
    Hmm... Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. It's been awhile since I watched NEXT.

Only with fish! I love that spaghetti-scene ♥
    Although admittedly Lady and the Tramp didn't seem angry about the whole thing XD

D'aww. They're so cute! [Even though Marco seems to not like the hug in this screenshot]
    XD I know... he's squirming to get away. It's *still* adorable.

Hmm... Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. It's been awhile since I watched NEXT.
    Speaking of: I wonder how she got Zelgadiss out of there...

Although admittedly Lady and the Tramp didn't seem angry about the whole thing XD
    Oh you do have a very good point there. Lina & Gourry should laugh, not look li- Oh. Of course. I bet they both want the fish.

XD I know... he's squirming to get away. It's *still* adorable.
    He really looks like; 'Can someone get me out of this place?' While Sera looks like; 'Hug me one more time!!'

Speaking of: I wonder how she got Zelgadiss out of there...
    Hmm...

Oh you do have a very good point there. Lina & Gourry should laugh, not look li- Oh. Of course. I bet they both want the fish.
    Nobody eats like them. That's one thing they have in common.

...Though admittedly Gourry will eat anything as long as it's food, while Lina seems to have a more refined palate.

He really looks like; 'Can someone get me out of this place?' While Sera looks like; 'Hug me one more time!!'
    I swear, they're going to grow up, get married, unite the kingdoms of Alto and Baritone... and then go to war again every time they have a little fight XD

More screenshots!

Lookit them pout! It's that "Don't think I was lookin' at you or anything" expression I was talking about XP

Umm... it's not handholding... but it is wristholding!

Hmm...
    Dunno if there's a special spell to let Fireballs work in the water

Nobody eats like them. That's one thing they have in common.

...Though admittedly Gourry will eat anything as long as it's food, while Lina seems to have a more refined palate.
    And still, Lina is really thin too XD

I first thought you typed that Gourry would eat everything (:P), and Lina would eat it as long as it food and I was like: WHAT?
    That's true. Gourry seems to like alot. Really, alot ;-;

I swear, they're going to grow up, get married, unite the kingdoms of Alto and Baritone... and then go to war again every time they have a little fight XD
    I doubt they'll every break up, you're right! They seem so cute. At least, they look cute now. Don't ask me when they're 10 years older th- *shot again*

Lookit them pout! It's that "Don't think I was lookin' at you or anything" expression I was talking about XP
    Hahaha, that's awesome! Xellos has a lot of face expressions though, or is that just me?

Umm... it's not handholding... but it is wristholding!
    Does that count as a shipping moment too? Think so!

Dunno if there's a special spell to let Fireballs work in the water
    Not that I know of... but that'd be cool.

And still, Lina is really thin too XD

I first thought you typed that Gourry would eat everything (:P), and Lina would eat it as long as it food and I was like: WHAT?
    That's true. Gourry seems to like alot. Really, alot ;-;
    She must burn off a lot of energy with all that magic!

Gourry thought that even the bread and water in the prison and the orc meat were good. X_x

I doubt they'll every break up, you're right! They seem so cute. At least, they look cute now. Don't ask me when they're 10 years older th- *shot again*
    Oh, I think they'd stay together: they'd just have frequent and exceedingly violent lovers spats (rather like another couple I know...)

Hahaha, that's awesome! Xellos has a lot of face expressions though, or is that just me?
    XD I think he has more when Filia's around. He tries to stick with that same old smile, but Filia brings out other emotions.

Does that count as a shipping moment too? Think so!
    I say so. But I am hugely biased.

Screenshots!

From when he saved Filia. His expression really doesn't match his mischievous "I was just trying to distract you" explanation.

<3 <3 <3

She must burn off a lot of energy with all that magic!

Gourry thought that even the bread and water in the prison and the orc meat were good. X_x
    That guy is just wrong. He... he eats like everything, just as you said >_>

Oh, I think they'd stay together: they'd just have frequent and exceedingly violent lovers spats (rather like another couple I know...)
    They would make a good couple! Only if Marco just would've smiled a little more I'm sure it would all come to a good end

XD I think he has more when Filia's around. He tries to stick with that same old smile, but Filia brings out other emotions.
    The ones we didn't know already! Which ones... That's a secret!

From when he saved Filia. His expression really doesn't match his mischievous "I was just trying to distract you" explanation.
    Nah. More the "I just got worried and wanted to safe you" expression!

<3 <3 <3
    LOL @ Filia's expression in the second screenshot. She's about to get dropped, though. Poor girl.

Spoiler:- Novel 7:

They would make a good couple! Only if Marco just would've smiled a little more I'm sure it would all come to a good end
    They're just kids. I'm sure they'll get their acts together eventually...

Nah. More the "I just got worried and wanted to safe you" expression!
    He looks almost... determined but irritated too. Like he knows he has to save her but worries that it might cause problems in the future, either because it'd be a kind move he'd feel the need to explain to himself or his superiors.

That moment from the novel is really cute, and I think it's one of the things that sets Lina's relationship with Gourry apart from Lina and any of her other traveling companions.

They're just kids. I'm sure they'll get their acts together eventually...
    Mmm but they could break up when they're a little older though. D: Since like you said, they're just kids now...

He looks almost... determined but irritated too. Like he knows he has to save her but worries that it might cause problems in the future, either because it'd be a kind move he'd feel the need to explain to himself or his superiors.
    Maybe he wasn't 100% sure if he had to do it... But, since it's Filia, he would have to - if he likes it or not!

That moment from the novel is really cute, and I think it's one of the things that sets Lina's relationship with Gourry apart from Lina and any of her other traveling companions.
    Yeah, I highly doubt that Gourry trusts Amelia as much as he trusts Lina. Still, they've been through so much more together.

Uh. Speaking of Gourry.
    I am not really a supporter of Martina x Gourry, but the crush she had on Gourry was hilarious and I might want to take some screenshots of it! ^_^
    Just 'cause it's fun!

Mmm but they could break up when they're a little older though. D: Since like you said, they're just kids now...
    And I'm sure there would be canonfire and warfare if they did XD... but hopefully they could reconcile... eventually.

Maybe he wasn't 100% sure if he had to do it... But, since it's Filia, he would have to - if he likes it or not!
    Not sure if he 'had to' for his job, you mean? I think the fact that he'd be paranoid about that really means that he's suspicious of his own motives for saving her... like it's more than just "I might need her holy magic later".

Yeah, I highly doubt that Gourry trusts Amelia as much as he trusts Lina. Still, they've been through so much more together.
    Yep. And, while Amelia and Zelgadis are great friends to Lina, they're not like that with her either.

Uh. Speaking of Gourry.
    I am not really a supporter of Martina x Gourry, but the crush she had on Gourry was hilarious and I might want to take some screenshots of it! ^_^
    Just 'cause it's fun!
    Martina's crushes are just so funny! I loved her little marriage fantasy with little chib-Gourry and chibi-Martina children XD

Screenshots!

Filia's worried about Xellos even before Lina tells her to take care of him, and also manages to worry about him after Xellos's earlier psychotic display.

"I never imagined you'd be helping me."

"This isn't the time to be discussing that!"

I DEMAND THAT THEY DISCUSS THAT.

And I'm sure there would be canonfire and warfare if they did XD... but hopefully they could reconcile... eventually.
    LOL.
    "I HEARD YOU WANNA BREAK UP!" "Yeah... so.... I don't really lik-" *shot*

Not sure if he 'had to' for his job, you mean? I think the fact that he'd be paranoid about that really means that he's suspicious of his own motives for saving her... like it's more than just "I might need her holy magic later".
    Yup! Sorry, I am pretty unclear xD
    Yeah, even though the whole 'magic excuse' is a pretty good one, I doubt he really means that though. D'oh. He likes her.

Yep. And, while Amelia and Zelgadis are great friends to Lina, they're not like that with her either.
    No, I think that the relationship between Lina and Gourry is way different then between Lina and Amelia or Zelgadiss.
    Yeah, of course they are good friends and they travel all the time with each other, but... there's something different about them. Not that I don't like that :P

Martina's crushes are just so funny! I loved her little marriage fantasy with little chib-Gourry and chibi-Martina children XD
    Bwahaha XD
    But since I'm really bad at making promises, I'll have to take some screenshots now!

Filia's worried about Xellos even before Lina tells her to take care of him, and also manages to worry about him after Xellos's earlier psychotic display.
    Filia's doing something from her own mind! Good going, girl!

"I never imagined you'd be helping me."

"This isn't the time to be discussing that!"

I DEMAND THAT THEY DISCUSS THAT.
    Skiyomi, you sound like Filia sometimes tho- *slapped*
    GO DISCUSS. And tell me everything after!

Screenshot 1:
        Spoiler:- ♥:

I said screenshot one because more are awaiting of course, but since I need to do some stuff now, I'll make more later. I promise!

LOL.
    "I HEARD YOU WANNA BREAK UP!" "Yeah... so.... I don't really lik-" *shot*
    XD If Marco knows what's good for him he'll behave himself!

...I kinda had this horrible worry that that exact scenario happened between the current King and Queen of Alto and Baritone, making this little mini-pairing possibly incestuous.

...BUT THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF OF THAT!

Yup! Sorry, I am pretty unclear xD
    Yeah, even though the whole 'magic excuse' is a pretty good one, I doubt he really means that though. D'oh. He likes her.
    He totally, totally likes her. Even if at this point it's just a "if Filia dies she won't be around for me to pick on anymore" kind of thing XP It's a beginning.

No, I think that the relationship between Lina and Gourry is way different then between Lina and Amelia or Zelgadiss.
    Yeah, of course they are good friends and they travel all the time with each other, but... there's something different about them. Not that I don't like that :P
    Yep, they're special.

Filia's doing something from her own mind! Good going, girl!
    She worries about him without even thinking about it, it seems. Like it's just natural. Watching this scene made me wonder if she could ever use healing magic on him or if Holy Magic would hurt him.

Skiyomi, you sound like Filia sometimes tho- *slapped*
    GO DISCUSS. And tell me everything after!
    ...But wait... how can I be Filia arguing with Filia? *mind breaks*

They. Must. Discuss.

XD That screenshot is so cute.

Gourry: Hiiii~

Martina: *nosebleed central*

XD If Marco knows what's good for him he'll behave himself!

...I kinda had this horrible worry that that exact scenario happened between the current King and Queen of Alto and Baritone, making this little mini-pairing possibly incestuous.

...BUT THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF OF THAT!
    Oh dear, that would be horrible *headdesk* Impossible love!

But... I thought love never was impossible?

He totally, totally likes her. Even if at this point it's just a "if Filia dies she won't be around for me to pick on anymore" kind of thing XP It's a beginning.
    XD Well. That is a fact. He'll have no one to bother/irritate/insult anymore then. Horrible situation!

She worries about him without even thinking about it, it seems. Like it's just natural. Watching this scene made me wonder if she could ever use healing magic on him or if Holy Magic would hurt him.
    Hm yeah, Filia really has a help 'task'. Or she's mother type, that could be possible too!
    Actually, Filia sometimes DOES talk to Xellos like she's his mom.

..But wait... how can I be Filia arguing with Filia? *mind breaks*

They. Must. Discuss.

XD That screenshot is so cute.

Gourry: Hiiii~

Martina: *nosebleed central*
    When you said 'I DEMAND' it sounded like a scene from an episode. Only by Skiyomi!

LOL yeah, she's about to faint. "Those muscles..."
    That means: more screenshots.

Spoiler:- Fainted Martina:
    Last edited by Esmerry; 25th January 2011 at 5:30 PM.

Oh dear, that would be horrible *headdesk* Impossible love!

But... I thought love never was impossible?
    I would think that their parents would be a little more than just angry at the kids running away together in the episode if that was the case. I guess both their other parents just disappeared or something.

XD Well. That is a fact. He'll have no one to bother/irritate/insult anymore then. Horrible situation!
    And she bothers/irritates/insults him too! That's why she's such a challenge XD

Hm yeah, Filia really has a help 'task'. Or she's mother type, that could be possible too!
    Actually, Filia sometimes DOES talk to Xellos like she's his mom.
    Filia is totally a mom-type. I mean, just look at what happened at the end of TRY. And that aside, she ended up treated Sera and Marco pretty motherly... and even Jillas to some degree.

When you said 'I DEMAND' it sounded like a scene from an episode. Only by Skiyomi!
    XD I've been accused of channeling Filia before.

@ Screenshots: Oh dear. Gourry, aren't you used to this kind of behavior from girls yet?

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast