Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Slayers General Shipping Thread

Yep. And I have to wonder about her reaction if she saw that something was starting to happen (or going to happen) between Xellos and Filia, because Lina is the one that thinks about the ramifications of things (Zel too, but as I mentioned before, I doubt he'd want to even think about such 'ridiculousness'). From her perspective, something happening between them could either be bad or good. On the bad side: Xellos is not a good person. He's a monster and kinda, ya'know, feeds off people's fear, sorrow, and rage. There's no guarantee he'd make a good significant other and if that'd be the case then Filia'd suffer for it. BUT it could also be good. Xellos loving someone more than himself could have extremely redemptive qualities and turn his vast powers toward something that's actually positive. In the end, I think Lina would probably think it best not to interfere.

XD S'okay. Just gotta remember to occasionally trawl through eBay.

He can indeed! And Filia knows it!
    *nod nod* Things will go as they're supposed to be, after all. I think Lina wouldn't really mind it if they got together. At first, she'd be like (as everyone): "Oh, that's good news." but I don't think she'll be really surprised, nor will be she be with Zel/Amelia, I think. I mean, it's really obvious already, it wouldn't make a huge chance, would it?
    Like if something as Xellos/Zelgadis would happen then-- *shot*

She's just sitting there like:
    *corner of her eye* I see what you did there!

XD I know, right? It was a great chapter!

I wish they had conversations like that among themselves more often~

It certainly says something that these predatory demons looked into both their hearts and saw each other as their 'most important person.' But then again, we already knew that.

I'm not entirely convinced that he actually forgot. Sometimes I think he uses that as an excuse to get out of certain conversations :P

Nothing to report on the L/G front from the last couple chapters of Aqualord that I read. It's been mostly going over Lyos's backstory. Though Lyos did get a Marshmallow Hell hug from Shizuri.
    I can believe that from what you said! It sounds really awesome and so shippy!.

A few cute ones between Lina/Gourry/Zel/Amelia would be a really good start!

... Secretly, we do, and I'm sure Lina does too even though she rather says she doesn't know :P

I'm pretty sure he'd also be afraid of her reaction, but this reaction wasn't really good either!

"Even though their styles are totally different, they work well together."

*nod nod* Things will go as they're supposed to be, after all. I think Lina wouldn't really mind it if they got together. At first, she'd be like (as everyone): "Oh, that's good news." but I don't think she'll be really surprised, nor will be she be with Zel/Amelia, I think. I mean, it's really obvious already, it wouldn't make a huge chance, would it?
    Like if something as Xellos/Zelgadis would happen then-- *shot*

She's just sitting there like:
    *corner of her eye* I see what you did there!
    I don't think everyone would exactly think of it as good news. They're not really the "congratulations, you've found looooove~" type except for Amelia and even she might have difficulty with this one. I think, even if they suspected that Xellos liked Filia or that Filia liked Xellos, the reaction to them actually doing something about it and admitting it would be something more along the lines of "WHAT?" XD Sorry, as much as I think they see that there's more to what Xellos and Filia feel for each other than what they say, I just can't see our intrepid group of travelers being blase about a demon and dragon actually getting together.

But with Zelgadis/Amelia? Yeah, I definitely don't think Lina would be surprised.

XD She'd probably take it personally. "You're being sexy just to annoy me!"

I can believe that from what you said! It sounds really awesome and so shippy!.

A few cute ones between Lina/Gourry/Zel/Amelia would be a really good start!

... Secretly, we do, and I'm sure Lina does too even though she rather says she doesn't know :P

I'm pretty sure he'd also be afraid of her reaction, but this reaction wasn't really good either!
    It was good~<3 Hope there's another like it down the line.

It's pretty telling that Lina decided not to share 'the finer details' of what happened during her confrontation with fake!Gourry with everyone else. It pretty much confesses that she betrayed more emotion than she was comfortable with.

Well, certainly he could have a feeling that relating what fake!Lina said to him could be embarrassing to real Lina, and rather have her angry than embarrassed.

All this Amelia and Zelgadis talk reminds we of the Slayers Try episode where they had to be put in teams based on their compatibility, but because Jillas was using psychological warfare against them, he put them all in inappropriate teams (except Xellos and Fillia, which was funny, because they instantly refused. Xellos vanished, and Filia was left outside the temple,) Amelia was teamed with Gourry, and noticed she was acting "like a brat", while Zelgadis and Lina were in the other team. They got along okay, but there wasn't much interaction. Lina eventually got upset with Amelia when Gourry got lost. It shows who was meant to be with who.
    "Everything belongs to Team Galactic! Look beyond the world--space will become Team Galactic's!"

¤ Team Galactic ¤
    Platinum: 3867-3888-1996
    HeartGold: 3524-4601-4488
    Diamond: 1848-2695-8621

First of all: Hurray! Another Slayers fan! *pounces*

Second of all: That's one of my favorite episodes for obvious reasons. I love how self-aware Amelia gets about her feelings in that because. At first she thinks she's upset because, Lina/Gourry shipper that she is, she feels that Lina should be paired up with Gourry, but she's really upset because she wanted to be paired up with Zelgadis.

And I love how upset Lina becomes when Gourry gets, shall we say... misplaced. AND how, when the argument starts, Zelgadis is pretty darn quick to side with Amelia.

...And of course the wonderful, excellent Xellos/Filia side to all of this. No one makes Xellos act like a child but Filia :P

Default -New yaay-

Hello everyone! I'm new here and found this place magically by accident. I did my very very best to read all the comments here, and If i missed any and will repeat something someone else said, please forgive me.

I am a huge A/Z shipper. L/G are my second, and though the idea of Xelloss and Filia is really fun to think about, I have a very hard time believing they could be a couple like the others are. Because of what Xelloss is. Any warm, good feelings like love, hurt mazoku. Xelloss honestly can't fall in love with anyone. It would probably kill him if he does. BUT!! Before you guys get mad, I said that I don't think those two could be a couple like the others can. The type of couple we might understand. Xelloss can never love Filia in the way Gourry and Lina love each other. Or Zel and Amelia. He likes her best out of everyone, because out of everyone, Filia is able to give off the most negative amount of energy. And negative energy are what mazoku's enjoy the most. He teases her, plays with her, flirts with her, all people he knows it drives her up the wall, and causes her to give him massive amounts of negative energy. Xelloss's ties to the others is done so mostly because he has been ordered to be around them. I can't see Xelloss seeking out Lina or the others for their company when he gets down time to himself. However, I can see him seeking Filia. More then anything.. Xelloss loves to toy with everyone in a way that usually ends badly for those people. Mostly because he just adores pissing people off and making them angry. Who is he able to make angry the most? Poor Filia. if Xelloss could love anything about Filia, it's that he loves being able to piss her off so easily. Making her mad makes him happy. Her side of it though.. it's unclear. She seems pretty angered by him. However, Filia is a good person deep down.. and even when Xelloss gets hurt, she is to nice to not want to help. I can see her forming a strange fondness for him down the road.. Anyways.. thats just how I see those two really.

ON TO MY NEXT TOPIC!
    I read that a lot of people were disappointed in the lack of shipping moments from Revo and Evo-R. Actually, there is quite a lot of them. You just have to watch it and not expect the moments to scream out at you, like maybe they did in NEXT. But trust me.. they are there!

Spoiler:- revo/evo-r:

AND LASTLY!.. For those of you who don't really like the episodes in TRY when the gang got separated for a couple episodes. There are moments there that actually touch in on some shippyness. I noticed it more from Zel then anyone. He seems to be bothered at Amelia not being around. In the ghost ship episode, Zel, who usually will go along with whatever silly adventures the group gets sucked into, actually chooses to NOT partake in the none sense that Lina and Filia are faced with. Mind you, he's on a ship. Not like he can just wonder off to go looking for hints to his cure. He's stuck on a ship. Why not just sign and then partake in the silliness the girls have to take part in? No, he goes off on his own and becomes somber. Finds a guitar, and plays a depressing song. I have a feeling if Amelia had been there, he would have stayed and joined in with whatever **** they were getting into. The episode after that one, Filia is trying to use her shrine maiden powers to predict where Amelia and Gourry are... and she seems to be taking far to long for Zelgadis. He becomes impatient and snappy about trying to find Amelia, (and Gourry too) Lina even remarks about how not to worry, they were probably fine. Zel snaps back. "Knowing them, they are probably getting into some kind of trouble" Clearly he is more worried about it then Lina seems to be. Since he is being snappy with Lina, and annoyed with Filia is taking to long figuring out the hints her predictions are telling her. hahaha he just wants Amelia back. That's how I see it.

Ok. .that's all.. SO SORRY for the long rant!
    Last edited by kayiko; 13th October 2011 at 1:37 PM.

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the thread! No worries if our opinions don't always match. I'm just glad to see more fans of Slayers shipping here

As for the issue of Xellos/Filia, of course that's a perfectly viable interpretation of their relationship. Mine's obviously a bit different, of course. I think you've described some good ways in which they could be at least 'fond' of each other, or at least you could see Filia being fond of him. But I say Xellos can be fond of her too for more than just, y'know... food. She's easy to piss off, but she can also piss him off which makes her somewhat more of a challenge and more complicated a person to be with than someone he can just push around and laugh at. He's saved her life on at least two occasions (one of which he made up a really poor excuse for which makes it even more suspicious. Perhaps the most telling clue in the fandom.), her caring for him when he was wounded seemed to surprise and perhaps even touch him, and their exchange with each other at the end of the series certainly seems to strike a chord of fondness between the two. And as far as I'm concerned, if Xellos can be fond of her than love is only a matter of degrees from there. Filia can hate, and Xellos can love. These may not be characteristics that either of their races encourage, but they exist within them.

As for positive feelings hurting monsters, that's another iffy point. See, in the anime at least, this has only ever been used as a comedic moment ala the 'fight' between Xellos and Amelia, Zelgadis, and Gourry which was utterly hilarious but how serious are we meant to take it? When Lina received her letter from Luna at the beginning of Try she managed to construct a pyramid, encase herself in a coffin, and lower herself into the ground in a matter of moments. ...Are we meant to believe that Lina has mad pyramid construction skills? I don't think so. It was a moment that was exaggerated for comedy, as was the happy song hurting Xellos thing. I mean, think about it: Xellos is a very high level monster. If he can be any more than mildly annoyed by extreme joy than I'd be very surprised because that's a crazy weakness to have. Added to that, Xellos has been around during plenty of happy moments and hasn't seemed the least bit bothered. If he really was hurt by happiness that much then he'd probably faint dead away every time Lina saw a roasted chicken because that is joy out of control :P

There's also the fact that love itself is a complicated emotion. It's not all positivity there.

It was nice how Zelgadis and Amelia hung out a lot with each other during Revo/Evo-R, but I was honestly expecting a little bit more after he started carrying around her bracelet and everything. That seems like a big step forward leading them from friendship to love. Whereas the hanging out together thing... seems like they're still stuck in the friendship thing. I mean, it's great and I think there are feelings behind it and all, but it's not much of a step forward. If Revo/Evo-R happened before Try (which I suppose woudn't make much sense, but I'm just talking about the moments in the relationship) then it would've been fine progression-wise. As it was, I found it a little bit weak. There were a lot of opportunities to put in stronger hints that they missed.

Yep, yep, yep. There were quite a few really cute Lina/Gourry moments in Revo/Evo-R. I don't think anything touches the end of Next, but... then again... what could?

I hadn't really thought of Zelgadis's impatience during the later Try filler arc as having to do with missing Amelia. I thought it was just usual Zel impatience. But it certainly could be. Then again, I have heard that the director of Try was both a big Zelgadis fanboy and a Zelgadis/Lina fan. Which makes so much sense and yet so little sense. There are a few little attempts at the pairing, but I think Zelgadis/Amelia comes out way stronger in Try.

*sneaks around with shifty eyes* My, my, my. What have we here? Slayers shipping? I can do that.

As for positive feelings hurting monsters, that's another iffy point. See, in the anime at least, this has only ever been used as a comedic moment ala the 'fight' between Xellos and Amelia, Zelgadis, and Gourry which was utterly hilarious but how serious are we meant to take it? When Lina received her letter from Luna at the beginning of Try she managed to construct a pyramid, encase herself in a coffin, and lower herself into the ground in a matter of moments. ...Are we meant to believe that Lina has mad pyramid construction skills? I don't think so. It was a moment that was exaggerated for comedy, as was the happy song hurting Xellos thing. I mean, think about it: Xellos is a very high level monster. If he can be any more than mildly annoyed by extreme joy than I'd be very surprised because that's a crazy weakness to have. Added to that, Xellos has been around during plenty of happy moments and hasn't seemed the least bit bothered. If he really was hurt by happiness that much then he'd probably faint dead away every time Lina saw a roasted chicken because that is joy out of control :P
    Xellos was only in pain because the urge to keep his cool and not face-palm during that scene must have been excruciating. Amelia sang that funny song of hers before in the episode they found out he was a monster, and he only ever looked a little uncomfortable. It was very likely he was trying to find a way to say "Er...Amelia...That doesn't actually affect me..."
    EDIT: He could also have been faking, to make the party feel like they have a weapon against him. Plus, when they faced off against Xellos in REVOLUTION, they never botered to try the song tactic so....

As for my Slayers shippings...they're a little complicated. You see, my favorite character happens to be Xellos. HE AMUSES ME TO NO END. A little ironic, I know, to be amused by a character whose hobby is to reap amusement from other characters. As a result, I enjoy any interaction that involves him (and that is the only reason I put up with Martina in most of NEXT. I usually can't stand her). That being said, I am rather Xellos/Filia because their interactions are the funniest so far to me. There is nothing more enjoyable than watching a couple whose idea of foreplay communication involves insulting each other.

Lina and Gourry were practically made for each other from the bottom up. And it's canon (I think?). While I'm not a die hard fan of this shipping, I do find their slapdash ways refreshing.

Amelia/Zel: I rather like this pairing. A super optimist trying to get the attention of a man who would rather sit in a corner and be emo appeals to me somehow.

Martina/Zangulus:I couldn't stand how Martina fell in love with any walking thing that declared itself male. I also couldn't stand how she tried to makee stupid attempts at stopping the party. When she fell out of love with Xellos, I was rather pleased she fell in love with Zangulus and we never saw them again! So I guess I support this shipping only because it keeps her out of hair of other male characters. (And I mean this quite literally, for those of you who remember her combing Xellos' hair in the country of females episode)

Don't really care much for any other shipping that I can think of. (Goes back to reading through these posts)
    Last edited by AbsolXWolf; 24th October 2011 at 8:30 AM.
    Fanfiction:
    The Twisted Child of Johto

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=543996

Official from Oscars Thread ^

png image hosting
    I made this ^

*sneaks around with shifty eyes* My, my, my. What have we here? Slayers shipping? I can do that.
    *fist pump*

Xellos was only in pain because the urge to keep his cool and not face-palm during that scene must have been excruciating. Amelia sang that funny song of hers before in the episode they found out he was a monster, and he only ever looked a little uncomfortable. It was very likely he was trying to find a way to say "Er...Amelia...That doesn't actually affect me..."
    EDIT: He could also have been faking, to make the party feel like they have a weapon against him. Plus, when they faced off against Xellos in REVOLUTION, they never botered to try the song tactic so....
    That's a good point. I mean, it's basically been pointed out by Lina in I think both the anime and the novels that Amelia's justice speeches are a somewhat uncomfortable experience for everyone. I don't think Xellos's reaction is too much stronger than the group embarrassment.

They should've brought Filia along in Revolution. She could've been their secret weapon :3

As for my Slayers shippings...they're a little complicated. You see, my favorite character happens to be Xellos. HE AMUSES ME TO NO END. A little ironic, I know, to be amused by a character whose hobby is to reap amusement from other characters. As a result, I enjoy any interaction that involves him (and that is the only reason I put up with Martina in most of NEXT. I usually can't stand her). That being said, I am rather Xellos/Filia because their interactions are the funniest so far to me. There is nothing more enjoyable than watching a couple whose idea of foreplay communication involves insulting each other.
    XD It seems like everyone likes Xellos, even those who don't like Xellos (paradoxically). He's just such an interesting character. And I think Filia makes him even more interesting. I wish they'd bring her back... what they bring out in each other is really something to see.

Lina and Gourry were practically made for each other from the bottom up. And it's canon (I think?). While I'm not a die hard fan of this shipping, I do find their slapdash ways refreshing.
    I'd say it's canon. *cough* NEXT *cough* And it was the only pair that got any really heavy-handed hints in Revolution/Evolution-R.

Amelia/Zel: I rather like this pairing. A super optimist trying to get the attention of a man who would rather sit in a corner and be emo appeals to me somehow.
    In the audio commentary of the Premium OVA (*people point at me and shout "NERD!"*) Crispin Freeman refers to them as the pairing of 'the ultimate optimist and the ultimate grouch' :P

Martina/Zangulus:I couldn't stand how Martina fell in love with any walking thing that declared itself male. I also couldn't stand how she tried to makee stupid attempts at stopping the party. When she fell out of love with Xellos, I was rather pleased she fell in love with Zangulus and we never saw them again! So I guess I support this shipping only because it keeps her out of hair of other male characters. (And I mean this quite literally, for those of you who remember her combing Xellos' hair in the country of females episode)
    I have to tell you that I laughed at 'walking thing that declared itself male' because XELLOS. I never really minded Martina, but I can see why she'd annoy people.

...Also, Filia would be so jealous if she found out that Martina got to touch Xellos's hair.

I finished all of my midterms...only for them to throw a paper at me! I mean, come ON! School is cruel, but life is wonderful...lol

I don't think Xellos's reaction is too much stronger than the group embarrassment.
    There's another possibility: He might not have had any desire to fight them at the time because he was just waiting for an opening to get the last weapon. Buuuuuut....well a high-ranking monster like him couldn't very well admit that now can he? The humans might get the impression that he was on their side or that he was soft or something ridiculous like that. You noticed how he pretended to be oh-so-terribly-weak while Amelia strangle held him...only for him to see an opening, smile, and phase behind Lina as though he was perfectly healthy.

They should've brought Filia along in Revolution. She could've been their secret weapon :3
    Xellos: Well now, Miss Lina. Will you surrender peacefully?
    Lina: Peace and I don't really get along...But hey! It's a good thing I brought an expert on the subject. Hey, Filia!
    Xellos: ...Oh dear.

XD It seems like everyone likes Xellos, even those who don't like Xellos (paradoxically). He's just such an interesting character. And I think Filia makes him even more interesting. I wish they'd bring her back... what they bring out in each other is really something to see.
    I heard he was supposed to only be in one arc of the anime, but because everyone liked him so much the creators extended his stay.

I'd say it's canon. *cough* NEXT *cough* And it was the only pair that got any really heavy-handed hints in Revolution/Evolution-R.
    I was so sad to find out that just about all the original voice actors came back...except Xellos'

In the audio commentary of the Premium OVA (*people point at me and shout "NERD!"*) Crispin Freeman refers to them as the pairing of 'the ultimate optimist and the ultimate grouch' :P
    But being a nerd is the best! DON'T HIDE FROM IT!!

I have to tell you that I laughed at 'walking thing that declared itself male' because XELLOS. I never really minded Martina, but I can see why she'd annoy people.
    I'd like to think I'm funny, but I might just be humoring myself. (Pun intented)

I'd like to thank you for commenting your laugh becuase it's so hard to tell when you're online whether or not someone thinks you're funny or annoying. And I sincerely hope I'm not annoying you.

While we're on the subject of males, it's quite possible that monsters don't have a gender at all. I mean, think about it. Monsters are created, not born, and the whole point of gender is reproduction. So it could just be that monsters call themselves male or female because they prefer to be referred as such. And I don't really blame them. After all, the only gender-neutral term most languages have is "it", and who would want to be called an "it"? Plus, there's the whole "gotta pretend I'm human" bit, so there's another reason for taking a specific gender.

...Also, Filia would be so jealous if she found out that Martina got to touch Xellos's hair.
    As much as I hate Martina, I'm DYING to know what would happen if her and Filia were stuck in a situation and Xellos popped up (if only to mess with them).
    Last edited by AbsolXWolf; 25th October 2011 at 2:28 AM.
    Fanfiction:

png image hosting
    I made this ^

I finished all of my midterms...only for them to throw a paper at me! I mean, come ON! School is cruel, but life is wonderful...lol
    I'm hitting second half of term woes right now myself. Too many projects due!

There's another possibility: He might not have had any desire to fight them at the time because he was just waiting for an opening to get the last weapon. Buuuuuut....well a high-ranking monster like him couldn't very well admit that now can he? The humans might get the impression that he was on their side or that he was soft or something ridiculous like that. You noticed how he pretended to be oh-so-terribly-weak while Amelia strangle held him...only for him to see an opening, smile, and phase behind Lina as though he was perfectly healthy.
    It's certainly possible. And I doubt he'd want to fight any of the Slayers too seriously unless he really had to. After all, if he kills them, he can use them anymore! Even in the fight in Revolution he had kiddie gloves on.

Xellos: Well now, Miss Lina. Will you surrender peacefully?
    Lina: Peace and I don't really get along...But hey! It's a good thing I brought an expert on the subject. Hey, Filia!
    Xellos: ...Oh dear.
    XD If I was Lina, I'd seriously consider this!

I heard he was supposed to only be in one arc of the anime, but because everyone liked him so much the creators extended his stay.
    Could be. I've only read the novels out in America and he largely appeared in the Gaav and Hellmaster centered episodes, so that's all around Next. I even heard that they'd considered making a season wherein he was the main character.

I was so sad to find out that just about all the original voice actors came back...except Xellos'
    I was sad too, but I know a lot of people were rejoicing. David Moo's rendition rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but I've always liked his brand of nasal evil. Not that the new guy is bad or anything, I think he did just fine but... not the same.

But being a nerd is the best! DON'T HIDE FROM IT!!
    Oh trust me, I accept it!

I'd like to think I'm funny, but I might just be humoring myself. (Pun intented)

I'd like to thank you for commenting your laugh becuase it's so hard to tell when you're online whether or not someone thinks you're funny or annoying. And I sincerely hope I'm not annoying you.

While we're on the subject of males, it's quite possible that monsters don't have a gender at all. I mean, think about it. Monsters are created, not born, and the whole point of gender is reproduction. So it could just be that monsters call themselves male or female because they prefer to be referred as such. And I don't really blame them. After all, the only gender-neutral term most languages have is "it", and who would want to be called an "it"? Plus, there's the whole "gotta pretend I'm human" bit, so there's another reason for taking a specific gender.
    Oh, trust me, you're not annoying me! I'm actually thrilled to pieces that you're posting here--I have no one to talk to about Slayers most of the time.

Well, there's a difference between sex and gender. KanzakaDex says that monsters are genderless, but I've got to quibble with that. In their astral forms they are biologically sexless, yes, but gender refers to a mental state. Then again, that's a binary that probably doesn't exist among monsters, so male and female traits certainly exist. Nevertheless, when they manifest a physical body they certainly choose one gender to act out--which says something about where they stand on the gender spectrum. Even higher ups that don't seem to do much interacting with humans (at least that we see) like Lord Beastmaster take on a gender. They certainly fit themselves into the gendered world of mortals easy enough and it must feed into how they view themselves.

...But we're treading on very thin ice here. Leave me to my own devices and this conversation could devolve into one about Xellos's... staff. :P

As much as I hate Martina, I'm DYING to know what would happen if her and Filia were stuck in a situation and Xellos popped up (if only to mess with them).
    I've shoehorned Martina into cameos in two of my fanfics just to make the two of them meet because the possibilities are ENDLESSLY FUN!

EDIT: I must apologize for the errors in grammar and spelling. I think I've fixed them.

It's certainly possible. And I doubt he'd want to fight any of the Slayers too seriously unless he really had to. After all, if he kills them, he can use them anymore! Even in the fight in Revolution he had kiddie gloves on.
    Yes, he definitely wasn't fighting seriously (he did say he was only going to get "somewhat serious" in the sub). I mean, ram a few of them into walls...he did a lot more to Valgaav. And he didn't even touch Lina, Amelia, or the..er...stuffed...animal...thing (even though he had plenty of chances to), he just blocked their attacks.

That leaves me to wonder if he prefers to take the sidelines unless he feels there's no other way around it. Manipulating people into doing things for him provide him much more amusement, it seems, than actually taking action himself. Of course, it could just be my imagination, and that the only reason he takes the sidelines half the time is because he's usually in a diplomatic position that keeps him from doing so.

Could be. I've only read the novels out in America and he largely appeared in the Gaav and Hellmaster centered episodes, so that's all around Next. I even heard that they'd considered making a season wherein he was the main character.
    I have only one word for this: YES

In fact, they should call it: Slayers YES

I was sad too, but I know a lot of people were rejoicing. David Moo's rendition rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but I've always liked his brand of nasal evil. Not that the new guy is bad or anything, I think he did just fine but... not the same.
    I was a little put off by his voice when I first starting watching, but voice dubs are one of those things that rub off on you. And then end up missing them when they're gone. I've only ever watched the sub episodes of thee new series so I haven't heard this new guy yet.

Oh, trust me, you're not annoying me! I'm actually thrilled to pieces that you're posting here--I have no one to talk to about Slayers most of the time.
    I'm very happy that you don't find me annoying. (I'm a sad, sad person looking for attention. And the only way I can do this is by making people laugh...I hope?). A lot of people on fanfiction seem to like your work. Do they never bother to talk to you?

In their astral forms they are biologically sexless, yes, but gender refers to a mental state. Then again, that's a binary that probably doesn't exist among monsters, so male and female traits certainly exist. Nevertheless, when they manifest a physical body they certainly choose one gender to act out--which says something about where they stand on the gender spectrum. Even higher ups that don't seem to do much interacting with humans (at least that we see) like Lord Beastmaster take on a gender. They certainly fit themselves into the gendered world of mortals easy enough and it must feed into how they view themselves.

...But we're treading on very thin ice here. Leave me to my own devices and this conversation could devolve into one about Xellos's... staff. :P
    I wouldn't doubt that they think of themselves as male or female. I was just pointing out that, in actuality, they don't have sex (except in your fanfiction...joking, joking). I meant it as in their bodies are sexless.

Sorry! ^ ^; I tend to get a little too into things.

Either my mind is deathly holed in a gutter or that reference is a little dirty...
    I've shoehorned Martina into cameos in two of my fanfics just to make the two of them meet because the possibilities are ENDLESSLY FUN!
    SO much left for me to review...
    Last edited by AbsolXWolf; 25th October 2011 at 4:01 AM.
    Fanfiction:

png image hosting
    I made this ^

Yes, he definitely wasn't fighting seriously (he did say he was only going to get "somewhat serious" in the sub). I mean, ram a few of them into walls...he did a lot more to Valgaav. And he didn't even touch Lina, Amelia, or the..er...stuffed...animal...thing (even though he had plenty of chances to), he just blocked their attacks.

That leaves me to wonder if he prefers to take the sidelines unless he feels there's no other way around it. Manipulating people into doing things for him provide him much more amusement, it seems, than actually taking action himself. Of course, it could just be my imagination, and that the only reason he takes the sidelines half the time is because he's usually in a diplomatic position that keeps him from doing so.
    He seems to prefer solving things without resorting to violence--which is generally odd for a monster. I think there are probably a lot of reasons for this, one of which being that solving things with his brain instead of his brawn makes him feel smarter--it certainly seems to make him feel less base. For a monster, pain is their food, so going all out sadistic (like he did on Valgaav) would mean bringing himself down to his lowest instincts. Added to that, it seems like his strategy is not to throw things out if they can still be useful.

I have only one word for this: YES

In fact, they should call it: Slayers YES
    Really? I'm not sure... it could be good, but one of the reasons Xellos is so awesome is that he's mysterious. If he was the main character there wouldn't be as much mystery.

...Still, I'd sign on in a heartbeat if Filia would be there too.

I was a little put off by his voice when I first starting watching, but voice dubs are one of those things that rub off on you. And then end up missing them when they're gone. I've only ever watched the sub episodes of thee new series so I haven't heard this new guy yet.
    I'm sure I was too, but it grew on me. In fact... the same could be said about Xellos's character. It's hard to know what to think of him at first.

I'm very happy that you don't find me annoying. (I'm a sad, sad person looking for attention. And the only way I can do this is by making people laugh...I hope?). A lot of people on fanfiction seem to like your work. Do they never bother to talk to you?
    They do, but the only Slayers board I'm a member of is pretty inactive, so there's not much chance for extended discussion.

I wouldn't doubt that they think of themselves as male or female, I was just pointing out that, in actuality, don't have sex (except in your fanfiction...joking, joking). I meant it as in their bodies are sexless.

Sorry! ^ ^; I tend to get a little too into things.

Either my mind is deathly holed in a gutter or that reference is a little dirty...
    At least in their astral bodies I'd agree, unless we're talking in a Freudian sexual imagery sense... in which case Xellos's real form is awfully suspicious... A giant cone that kills people by penetrating them? Do I even have to say anything?

It's not you ;_; it's my mind that's filthy.

SO much left for me to review...
    XD Hurray! I'm thinking of starting a new fic soon too.

For a monster, pain is their food, so going all out sadistic (like he did on Valgaav) would mean bringing himself down to his lowest instincts. Added to that, it seems like his strategy is not to throw things out if they can still be useful.
    Killing people would not only mean that he can no longer torment them for amusement, but he won't be able to absorb their negative feelings either. (dangit, this sentence looks weird)

Really? I'm not sure... it could be good, but one of the reasons Xellos is so awesome is that he's mysterious. If he was the main character there wouldn't be as much mystery.

...Still, I'd sign on in a heartbeat if Filia would be there too.

I guess you're right. Maybe it should be something of a "Filia quest with an extra serving of Xellos". Only, I wouldn't know what she'd be questing for.

I'm sure I was too, but it grew on me. In fact... the same could be said about Xellos's character. It's hard to know what to think of him at first.
    It was a little...er...different for me. The first Slayer's episode I watched was the cross-dressing one, and that wasn't all that far from the episode where Xellos' identity is revealed. So for me it was like "Don't know what's going on, but I like what I see " I watched the whole series knowing fully well what he was.

They do, but the only Slayers board I'm a member of is pretty inactive, so there's not much chance for extended discussion.
    I'm sorry D:

At least in their astral bodies I'd agree, unless we're talking in a Freudian sexual imagery sense... in which case Xellos's real form is awfully suspicious... A giant cone that kills people by penetrating them? Do I even have to say anything? It's not you ;_; it's my mind that's filthy.
    Haha...you know, I was thinking the same thing when I recently watched a few episodes. Glad to know I'm not the only one with a dirty mind.

XD Hurray! I'm thinking of starting a new fic soon too.
    I wish I had the spirit to write as much as you do...I've been avoiding the next chapter of my fic.
    Fanfiction:

png image hosting
    I made this ^

Killing people would not only mean that he can no longer torment them for amusement, but he won't be able to absorb their negative feelings either. (dangit, this sentence looks weird)
    Yep, yep. He can't go and unkill them. Better to mine the bottomless well of anger and annoyance than go after heavy duty things like sadness and pain which would dry up eventually.

I guess you're right. Maybe it should be something of a "Filia quest with an extra serving of Xellos". Only, I wouldn't know what she'd be questing for.
    That's the difficult part of dealing with Filia in an extended fic setting. By the end of Try she's not an aimless wanderer like Lina and company. She's all set up with a new family and business. So it's hard to get any quest-based plot going with her.

But oh, I try.

It was a little...er...different for me. The first Slayer's episode I watched was the cross-dressing one, and that wasn't all that far from the episode where Xellos' identity is revealed. So for me it was like "Don't know what's going on, but I like what I see " I watched the whole series knowing fully well what he was.
    Actually it's not totally different from my set-up. I think my first episode was the one where they're searching for the Claire Bible and end up finding those crazy outfits that they sing in. So when Xellos and Martina showed up at the end I was like... "Umm... hi? Who are you?" And it's soon after that batch of filler that Xellos's identity is revealed as a monster. Still... he's kind of a weirdo (I say that in the nicest possible way) so it's hard to know what to think of him at first (at least it was for me) even knowing what he is.

I got second-hand VHS that weren't numbered so I ended up watching the second half of the season first.

Haha...you know, I was thinking the same thing when I recently watched a few episodes. Glad to know I'm not the only one with a dirty mind.
    Maybe we're well-founded in our dirty-mindedness. His real form is suspiciously phallic as is the staff he carts around for no other reason than it accessorizes. Maybe he's trying to tell us something?

That's my college education being put to fabulous use there.

I wish I had the spirit to write as much as you do...I've been avoiding the next chapter of my fic.
    I've honestly been in a bit of a slump lately ever since I finished my last chaptered fic. I doubt I'll pull myself up by my bootstraps and get something major done before the end of this term, but who knows?

That's the difficult part of dealing with Filia in an extended fic setting. By the end of Try she's not an aimless wanderer like Lina and company. She's all set up with a new family and business. So it's hard to get any quest-based plot going with her.
    Yeah so unless Val was kidnapped and someone forced her into going on an epic quest for some hidden item that they want to destroy the world with...heck that seems a little far-fetched. Why would they choose to force Filia when they could find a way to force the slayers...*ramble ramble*

So when Xellos and Martina showed up at the end I was like... "Umm... hi? Who are you?"
    Sounds like me.

And it's soon after that batch of filler that Xellos's identity is revealed as a monster. Still... he's kind of a weirdo (I say that in the nicest possible way) so it's hard to know what to think of him at first (at least it was for me) even knowing what he is.
    He is kind of a weirdo, but that's what makes him so interesting!

I got second-hand VHS that weren't numbered so I ended up watching the second half of the season first.
    I first watched Slayers on the "on demand" channel. Btw...FUNimation put all the episodes up on Youtube (which I'm going to assume is legal since they own them).

Maybe we're well-founded in our dirty-mindedness. His real form is suspiciously phallic as is the staff he carts around for no other reason than it accessorizes. Maybe he's trying to tell us something?

That's my college education being put to fabulous use there.
    Yeah...why exactly does he carry arround a staff? Does he actually need it?

I've honestly been in a bit of a slump lately ever since I finished my last chaptered fic. I doubt I'll pull myself up by my bootstraps and get something major done before the end of this term, but who knows?
    I'm trying to think of commentary for this fanfiction I'm writing, which wouldn't be difficult if the main character didn't spew sarcasm at every opportunity. Plus, going to Professor Elm's lab isn't exactly a mind-blowing exciting thing to do, so I'm trying to find a way to put a *literal* explosion somewhere...

Butt back onto the topic of Xellos...The monster race feeds off of negative emotions. I wonder if lust happens to be one such emotion. Because I was thinking that maybe that's partly why Xellos sometimes sexually harasses Lina, even though he doesn't seem all that into her. Or maybe that's just a glimpse of that phallic body of his shining through
    Fanfiction:

png image hosting
    I made this ^

Yeah so unless Val was kidnapped and someone forced her into going on an epic quest for some hidden item that they want to destroy the world with...heck that seems a little far-fetched. Why would they choose to force Filia when they could find a way to force the slayers...*ramble ramble*
    Yeah... Val's certainly something that needs to be explained. In my oneshots I don't usually explain why Filia's traveling with the group again, but in longer fics it needs some explaining. She could amble off because she wants to research ancient dragons. Given the fact that ancient dragon eggs might take years to hatch, leaving him in Jillas and Gravos's care for awhile wouldn't be completely awful.

...Or she could take him with her! Family roadtrip!

He is kind of a weirdo, but that's what makes him so interesting!
    Definitely!

I first watched Slayers on the "on demand" channel. Btw...FUNimation put all the episodes up on Youtube (which I'm going to assume is legal since they own them).
    They're up on Netflix too, which is nice. 'Course by now I own the whole series on DVD.

Yeah...why exactly does he carry arround a staff? Does he actually need it?
    I can't imagine why he would. It's the same thing with his bag. He's the only character I see with a bag, yet he is the only character who wouldn't legitimately need to carry things around. I guess he carries around his inexplicable tour guide books there?

Maybe he considers all of these things to be fashion accessories.

I'm trying to think of commentary for this fanfiction I'm writing, which wouldn't be difficult if the main character didn't spew sarcasm at every opportunity. Plus, going to Professor Elm's lab isn't exactly a mind-blowing exciting thing to do, so I'm trying to find a way to put a *literal* explosion somewhere...

Butt back onto the topic of Xellos...The monster race feeds off of negative emotions. I wonder if lust happens to be one such emotion. Because I was thinking that maybe that's partly why Xellos sometimes sexually harasses Lina, even though he doesn't seem all that into her. Or maybe that's just a glimpse of that phallic body of his shining through
    It's hard to comment on things when they come pre-snarked.

I guess that's rather complicated. I don't know if lust itself would be considered a negative emotion... if you take the perspective that it's the inverse side of love then maybe, but you could also look at it as no different from other physical hungers which wouldn't be considered negative emotionally. I think it's the baggage that comes with it that would make lust a negative--embarrassment, guilt, fear.

Xellos is a bit of a flirt, isn't he? Where Lina's concerned I think he's mostly just distracting/annoying her. He only ever kissed her in Next when she was starting to ask questions that might lead to her figuring out that he was a monster. After she found out he never tried the kissing ploy again. But there is a lot of flirtiness in his general language and behavior--which I think is there to manipulate people and throw them off.

...Or she could take him with her! Family roadtrip!
    It's not...too far-fetched, is it? XD

I can't imagine why he would. It's the same thing with his bag. He's the only character I see with a bag, yet he is the only character who wouldn't legitimately need to carry things around. I guess he carries around his inexplicable tour guide books there? Maybe he considers all of these things to be fashion accessories.
    You know...I just noticed that. Wow...I mean, I noticed the bag even when I first started watching the series, but I never noticed that no one else carries any bags. I wonder if he actually puts something in that bag...

It's hard to comment on things when they come pre-snarked.
    Huh?

I guess that's rather complicated. I don't know if lust itself would be considered a negative emotion... if you take the perspective that it's the inverse side of love then maybe, but you could also look at it as no different from other physical hungers which wouldn't be considered negative emotionally. I think it's the baggage that comes with it that would make lust a negative--embarrassment, guilt, fear.
    So I guess it wouldn't be the emotion itself, but the emotions that might spring up after.

Xellos is a bit of a flirt, isn't he? Where Lina's concerned I think he's mostly just distracting/annoying her. He only ever kissed her in Next when she was starting to ask questions that might lead to her figuring out that he was a monster. After she found out he never tried the kissing ploy again. But there is a lot of flirtiness in his general language and behavior--which I think is there to manipulate people and throw them off.
    He does have a flirty nature...Maybe the phallic symbol was intentional.
    Fanfiction:

png image hosting
    I made this ^

It's not...too far-fetched, is it? XD
    Well, she could want to take Val out to see the big, wide world and all... or something. That'd mean leaving the business in Jillas and Gravos's care, but... *shrug*

The neat thing about this set-up with Filia being an adoptive mom is that it puts Xellos in the very-odd-for-him position of 'father' if he tries to barge in on this little family circle.

You know...I just noticed that. Wow...I mean, I noticed the bag even when I first started watching the series, but I never noticed that no one else carries any bags. I wonder if he actually puts something in that bag...
    I think Lina carries things in her cloak (like... there are pockets in there or something?). Since Amelia, Filia and Zelgadis have cloaks too that's probably where they carry stuff (though... admittedly their capes look a lot lighter than Lina's. ...And Zelgadis is carrying around a lot of inexplicable navigation equipment and Filia... a whole tea set). Gourry... I don't know... pockets? It's not really that plausible, which makes it even more weird that Xellos, who can literally pull things out of the ether, has one.

Huh?
    Oh, don't mind me. Just thinking of my own stuff.

So I guess it wouldn't be the emotion itself, but the emotions that might spring up after.
    Yup. In that sense, love could also bring out negative emotions.

He does have a flirty nature...Maybe the phallic symbol was intentional.
    Very true. I always rememeber a scene from one of the novels where he was trying to barge his way back into the group with a lame excuse and said to Lina: "You and I are like fish and water, no?" and she was like "Are you hitting on me?!" XD

I'm starting to think it was.

The neat thing about this set-up with Filia being an adoptive mom is that it puts Xellos in the very-odd-for-him position of 'father' if he tries to barge in on this little family circle.
    I can only imagine his reaction if Val ever called him daddy in an episode. It'd probably be more uncomfortable for him than Amelia's life praise song.

Since Amelia, Filia and Zelgadis have cloaks too that's probably where they carry stuff (though... admittedly their capes look a lot lighter than Lina's. ...And Zelgadis is carrying around a lot of inexplicable navigation equipment and Filia... a whole tea set).
    Yeah you know Filia somehow manages to put a whole tea set under her dress alonngside the mace. Want some tea, Xellos? Xellos does like his tea afterall...

Oh, don't mind me. Just thinking of my own stuff.

I guess I just didn't understand what "pre-snarked" means. For a moment, I thought you were mad at me or something...

Very true. I always rememeber a scene from one of the novels where he was trying to barge his way back into the group with a lame excuse and said to Lina: "You and I are like fish and water, no?" and she was like "Are you hitting on me?!" XD

I'm starting to think it was.
    Maybe it was because of his flirty nature that he put up wit Martina. This was the one thing I never completely understood in NEXT: "Xellos, WHY DID YOU SAVE MARTINA FROM BANDITS???" I mean, it's not as though she's usefull to him (or anyone else for that matter). Well I thought about for a long time, and I finally decided that she was entertainment as well as an ego stroke. After all, what better proof that your disguise is perfect than to witness a female human become infatuated with you?

Heehee....Martina fell in love with a phallic symbol. How very appropriate, considering her character.
    Fanfiction:

png image hosting
    I made this ^

I can only imagine his reaction if Val ever called him daddy in an episode. It'd probably be more uncomfortable for him than Amelia's life praise song.
    He'd have to be pretty shocked, but he might eventually come to terms with the role. It's interesting because in some ways Filia deserves to call herself Val's mom because her holy magic helped him to be reborn, but it was the combination of holy and black magic that facilitated this--one or the other would've probably destroyed him--so Xellos is as much Val's father as Filia.

Yeah you know Filia somehow manages to put a whole tea set under her dress alonngside the mace. Want some tea, Xellos? Xellos does like his tea afterall...
    I don't know how many oneshots I've written that are just Xellos and Filia having conversation over tea. I think it's cute that they share this trait.

I guess I just didn't understand what "pre-snarked" means. For a moment, I thought you were mad at me or something...
    Oh no! I just tend to write fanfiction that has a lot of snarky oneliners in it, so it's hard for me to make any sort of glib commentary on my work since it's already in there. I've already made fun of my own story in the story. It was entirely about my own stuff and not a reflection on you at all. Sorry if it came off that way.

Maybe it was because of his flirty nature that he put up wit Martina. This was the one thing I never completely understood in NEXT: "Xellos, WHY DID YOU SAVE MARTINA FROM BANDITS???" I mean, it's not as though she's usefull to him (or anyone else for that matter). Well I thought about for a long time, and I finally decided that she was entertainment as well as an ego stroke. After all, what better proof that your disguise is perfect than to witness a female human become infatuated with you?

Heehee....Martina fell in love with a phallic symbol. How very appropriate, considering her character.
    I tend to think it's mostly for entertainment. Bringing someone into the group that is actively trying to murder the group leader guarantees some lovely drama. Or it could be that he saved her because he was bored and then she stuck to him like glue and he just didn't mind it that much (for aforesaid drama). Weirdly enough Xellos does some pretty unexplained philanthropic stuff--like when he toss in some money and rang a bell at that tourist trap (only to have it fall on him).

I'm just sorry she never lusted after Milgazia. I would've LAUGHED.

He'd have to be pretty shocked, but he might eventually come to terms with the role. It's interesting because in some ways Filia deserves to call herself Val's mom because her holy magic helped him to be reborn, but it was the combination of holy and black magic that facilitated this--one or the other would've probably destroyed him--so Xellos is as much Val's father as Filia.
    It's their love child. :-D

Oh no! I just tend to write fanfiction that has a lot of snarky oneliners in it, so it's hard for me to make any sort of glib commentary on my work since it's already in there. I've already made fun of my own story in the story. It was entirely about my own stuff and not a reflection on you at all. Sorry if it came off that way.
    *whew* Just...making sure I didn't say anything offensive.

I tend to think it's mostly for entertainment. Bringing someone into the group that is actively trying to murder the group leader guarantees some lovely drama. Or it could be that he saved her because he was bored and then she stuck to him like glue and he just didn't mind it that much (for aforesaid drama). Weirdly enough Xellos does some pretty unexplained philanthropic stuff--like when he toss in some money and rang a bell at that tourist trap (only to have it fall on him).

I'm just sorry she never lusted after Milgazia. I would've LAUGHED.
    Xellos doesn't seem to be affected by a lot of weird stuff the party does, like all the times they had to dress up. I don't remember him ever complaining. On the contrary, he kept on smiling.

Who was Milgazia again?

BTW, never watch Slayers while playing Pokemon. I had a dream last night that seem to consist of Xellos, Bill, and a bunch of hallways. Can't remember much of it, but I don't it matters because it probably didn't make sense anyways.

And I have this picture I made in response to an earlier post of yours about My Little Ponies. It may take me awhile to figure out how to get it up on here so please don't hate me...Computers and I don't get along.
    Fanfiction:

png image hosting
    I made this ^

It's their love child. :-D
    XD Totally! I make that comparison in one of my fics and Filia is none too pleased by the idea.

*whew* Just...making sure I didn't say anything offensive.
    Nah, it was nothing like that, so don't worry!

Xellos doesn't seem to be affected by a lot of weird stuff the party does, like all the times they had to dress up. I don't remember him ever complaining. On the contrary, he kept on smiling.

Who was Milgazia again?

BTW, never watch Slayers while playing Pokemon. I had a dream last night that seem to consist of Xellos, Bill, and a bunch of hallways. Can't remember much of it, but I don't it matters because it probably didn't make sense anyways.

And I have this picture I made in response to an earlier post of yours about My Little Ponies. It may take me awhile to figure out how to get it up on here so please don't hate me...Computers and I don't get along.
    Of course, considering that Xellos can decide how he looks, a lot of Slayers fans think he was doing a bit more than just dressing up as a woman during that episode.

Milgazia was the dragon guy that took Lina to see the Claire Bible. Martina was in her 'I'll never love again!' phase after finding out Xellos was a monster, so she didn't go after him.

XD I've done that. I personally cherish the idea of Xellos and Filia being ghost and dragon-type trainers respectively.

Sounds awesome! I'd love to see it! ...Don't worry, I know what a pain computers can be sometimes.

Nah, it was nothing like that, so don't worry!

Of course, considering that Xellos can decide how he looks, a lot of Slayers fans think he was doing a bit more than just dressing up as a woman during that episode.
    He turned himself into a woman...lololololol. Possible.

Milgazia was the dragon guy that took Lina to see the Claire Bible. Martina was in her 'I'll never love again!' phase after finding out Xellos was a monster, so she didn't go after him.
    Oh yeah. That guy.

XD I've done that. I personally cherish the idea of Xellos and Filia being ghost and dragon-type trainers respectively.
    Ghost-type and not dark? I guess because ghost Pokemon can disappear and reappear and love to play tricks...Ghost-Dark dual-type? And dragon-psychic dual-type? Lol...just rambling now.

Sounds awesome! I'd love to see it! ...Don't worry, I know what a pain computers can be sometimes.
    Here goes?...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fanfiction:

png image hosting
    I made this ^

He turned himself into a woman...lololololol. Possible.
    You never know! I've heard people say he probably did because his arms and legs got a lot more slender... but honestly, that's an animation cheat. Gourry's arms get a lot less muscular when he's in drag. Still! It could've happened!

Ghost-type and not dark? I guess because ghost Pokemon can disappear and reappear and love to play tricks...Ghost-Dark dual-type? And dragon-psychic dual-type? Lol...just rambling now.
    I tend to think ghost because monsters are supposed to be like high-density ghosts. Plus I want Xellos to have a Haunter. He must. He absolutely must! Possibly the whole Gastly line! It's too purple, I mean perfect!

Here goes?...
    XD I love it. Especially Xellos's dialogue and Filia's expression. He'd totally do it too!

Still! It could've happened!
    I'd like to think it did. :-D

I tend to think ghost because monsters are supposed to be like high-density ghosts. Plus I want Xellos to have a Haunter. He must. He absolutely must! Possibly the whole Gastly line! It's too purple, I mean perfect!
    Huh...you know what? I happen to adore the Gastly line too...

I can just see it now...Xellos and his Haunter teaming up to play tricks on people.

Filia: *dress is magically lifted up on its own. Filia struggles to keep it down* Xellos, how dare you!
    Xellos: Why is it my fault? I'm nowhere near you.

XD I love it. Especially Xellos's dialogue and Filia's expression. He'd totally do it too!
    I hope you'll forgive my horrible drawings. I'm not very artsy, and I pretty much drew this in five minutes lol.

BTW, there's a support list at the beginning of the thread. Is it still being used?

And did you see all the episodes of the EVOLUTION-R?
    Fanfiction:

png image hosting
    I made this ^

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast