Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Slayers General Shipping Thread

Gaav/Dolphin would be okay... you don't really see or hear much about Deep Sea Dolphin a lot. D:

Though I can't really see Filia having a scene like the one at the end (and good for her!).
    Do I want to know O__O

(Lyrics from "Bumaye" by KMFDM)
    Come by and visit my friend's site, Mystic Wish!
    (we accept fanfiction of all ratings and any fandom....yes, even yours)

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Gaav/Dolphin would be okay... you don't really see or hear much about Deep Sea Dolphin a lot. D:
    Yeah... kind of a shame. She looks cool. I know she's supposed to be kinda... insane. Maybe if the Slayers went out on the open ocean we'd hear more about her (Orange Island/Slayers-season wut?!)

Talking of pairing up Demon Lords... what do they count as? Are they pretty much sibs because their all Shabby's retainers or what?

Do I want to know O__O
    It's just... a sort of speech about how women should unconditionally obey their husbands because their weak and need to repay their husband's protection... I kind of think that Shakespeare was having a fight with his wife when he wrote that >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Skiyomi View Post
    Yeah... kind of a shame. She looks cool. I know she's supposed to be kinda... insane.
    I thought the 'insanity' thing was an untrue fanon theory.

Maybe if the Slayers went out on the open ocean we'd hear more about her (Orange Island/Slayers-season wut?!)
    YES

Talking of pairing up Demon Lords... what do they count as? Are they pretty much sibs because their all Shabby's retainers or what?
    Technically siblings, but they don't think so? idk

It's just... a sort of speech about how women should unconditionally obey their husbands because their weak and need to repay their husband's protection... I kind of think that Shakespeare was having a fight with his wife when he wrote that >.>
    Ugghhh. So not Filia after all.

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

I thought the 'insanity' thing was an untrue fanon theory.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right, but it's so hard to tell with the limited information on her.

I know that thing about her and Zelas feuding is supposed to be untrue.

YES
    ...You know what... I was joking but... highly shipping-based boat tour? HELL YES.

Hey, at the beginning of Revolution (I've seen only two episodes) Lina was going after pirates to let the bandit population recover... maybe she could go further out on the open water? *nudges writers*

Technically siblings, but they don't think so? idk
    Yeah... I figured it was something like that.

Ugghhh. So not Filia after all.
    Unfortunately. She's more like Kate at the beginning of the play when she's throwing things at Petruchio and yelling at him :P

To be fair, though, Kate at the end of the play isn't at all like Kate at the beginning of the play either. *sigh* Why, Shakespeare? Why?

I'm trying to write a oneshot right now about Filia's positive (he thinks negative) influence on Xellos.

...You know what... I was joking but... highly shipping-based boat tour? HELL YES.

Hey, at the beginning of Revolution (I've seen only two episodes) Lina was going after pirates to let the bandit population recover... maybe she could go further out on the open water? *nudges writers*
    Fun times. They should do an arc like that now >:c

I'm trying to write a oneshot right now about Filia's positive (he thinks negative) influence on Xellos.
    Which POV? Or is there none? :0

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Fun times. They should do an arc like that now >:c
    Agreed! *stands up and points dramatically* To Japan!

Which POV? Or is there none? :0
    Well, it's kind of that hedgy 'omniscient narrator tapping into thoughts of character' type thing. So pretty much Xellos.

If I could just write it. *slams head into keyboard*

Agreed! *stands up and points dramatically* To Japan!
    AWAAAAAAAAYYYY!

Well, it's kind of that hedgy 'omniscient narrator tapping into thoughts of character' type thing. So pretty much Xellos.

If I could just write it. *slams head into keyboard*
    Uh oh. Unlike the others it doesn't have a schedule, so hopefully it won't be too much of a stress..? D:

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

AWAAAAAAAAYYYY!
    Y'know... I actually really think this is an idea they should consider. They've got to be running out of demons to kill on land, right?

Zel could be their anchor again. It'd be funny.

Uh oh. Unlike the others it doesn't have a schedule, so hopefully it won't be too much of a stress..? D:
    I think I'll be finishing tonight. I'm making headway and it's almost done. Just had to hit my stride.

Okay... how about another question...

Which were the best seasons shipping wise for Lina/Gourry and Zelgadis/Amelia respectively?

I'm not including Xellos/Filia because obviously they only had TRY.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Lina/Gourry would be in NEXT. NEXT devoted a lot of the end of the season to them, what with Auntie Aqua's comments, Lina's reaction when Gourry got kidnapped, and, of course, the kiss.

Even the midseason high point had some good development with Gourry's 'just once, can't you consider my feelings?' when Lina fakes out Kanzel into thinking she's dead.

TRY didn't have a lot of moments between the two. They definitely seemed more happy hanging out with each other, but not a lot sticks in my mind for that season with them. They *are* however, arm in arm at the end.

The first season had some minor moments, but they didn't really go anywhere. I think the highest level of development that occured is seen when Lina gets mad because Sylphiel's hanging off Gourry. When Zel responds with a 'What's your problem?' she comes out with the honest 'I don't really know'. So something's there, but it's not fully realized.

I can't yet comment of Revo/Evo

For Zelgadis/Amelia, I'd say the best season was TRY. There was the 'By the power of the feelings we share' or whatever line when they used the magical vessels in Alto and Baritone (and brought them together a little too... uh... vigorously), and the whole Amelia-jealousy thing at the Shrine of Marriage (and Zelgadis shows a lot of solidarity with Amelia there against Lina), and the 'come back to Seyruun with me' 'I'll think about it' thing at the end, and when Zel asks her to sing a song about justice, and the best of all: Zelgadis having Amelia's bracelet with him at the end.

NEXT had a couple of nice moments between the two. There was Amelia's jealousy over Miwan and Zelgadis in the mass cross-dressing episode, and there was the time when they were in Halcyform's mansion where Zelgadis was walking toward her and she seemed to think he was going to kiss her, and then there's the end where Zelgadis carries her + his reaction when Hellmaster kills her.

Season one had a few, though they mostly seemed annoyed by each other. Amelia saves him in the fight against Copy Rezo, and she does extend an invitation for him to come with her at the end.

Can't get comment on Revo/Evo.

...I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot XD

Zel could be their anchor again. It'd be funny.
    I loved that part.

Which were the best seasons shipping wise for Lina/Gourry and Zelgadis/Amelia respectively?
    1. NEXT. Though, the very end of the last episode of TRY was cute too :x
    2. ...Not sure. Maybe NEXT also.

Hmm. :/

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

I loved that part.
    Ooh, and I forgot about the mouth-to-mouth thing. XD That served Zel right!

1. NEXT. Though, the very end of the last episode of TRY was cute too :x
    2. ...Not sure. Maybe NEXT also.
    NEXT was good to shipping. I gotta rewatch it once I get off my TRY bend (if that ever happens).

Just finished writing/posting up another Xellos/Filia Summer Nights challenge. This one for the theme: Good Deeds.

I just thought of the pairing of... Zelas/Filia... o.o

Just finished writing/posting up another Xellos/Filia Summer Nights challenge. This one for the theme: Good Deeds.

I just thought of the pairing of... Zelas/Filia... o.o
    I saw that one, hopefully I can type up a decent review for it on FF.net soon.

.....Oh my O__O Reminds me of the time I had a dream that Jillas appeared in REVO....leading me to ship Duclis/Jillas for like a day or so. What!? o__.

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

I saw that one, hopefully I can type up a decent review for it on FF.net soon.

.....Oh my O__O Reminds me of the time I had a dream that Jillas appeared in REVO....leading me to ship Duclis/Jillas for like a day or so. What!? o__.
    ^^ Thanks!

XD Wow.

The reason I was thinking about Zelas/Filia was because I read a oneshot (a good one actually) where Zelas meets Filia and could see why her 'son' would find her attractive because 'she and him were literally cut from the same cloth'. It was a Xellos/Filia fic, but still...

Poor Filia. Maybe she's irresistable to monsters or something XD

Oh, that makes a lot more sense then.

But still. Zelas = scary = do not want. D8

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Oh, that makes a lot more sense then.

But still. Zelas = scary = do not want. D8
    She will MESS YOU UP! o.o

I added more Xellos/Filia fanart to the Shipping Picture Thread:

-Xellos/Filia fanart from FlonFlon and Soraironosora.

Nice finds. Is there like a 'Slayers search' when it comes to Japanese fanart sites? because all I know where to look is Pixiv. :/

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Nice finds. Is there like a 'Slayers search' when it comes to Japanese fanart sites? because all I know where to look is Pixiv. :/
    There is indeed and it's a great resource! I'll have to search on it again to update my finds... it's been awhile. *Xellia hunter*

regist-search

Thanks for the review on 'Good Deeds' by the way . Some people on dA suggested that I write a continuation for Filia and I think I've thought of the evil-that-Filia-could-do equivalent for Xellos's saving a cat from a burning building good deed. It's... gonna be crazy.

There is indeed and it's a great resource! I'll have to search on it again to update my finds... it's been awhile. *Xellia hunter*

regist-search

Thanks for the review on 'Good Deeds' by the way . Some people on dA suggested that I write a continuation for Filia and I think I've thought of the evil-that-Filia-could-do equivalent for Xellos's saving a cat from a burning building good deed. It's... gonna be crazy.
    Yay, thanks!!

...I'm actually interested in Filia's equivalent.. is there a theme that could fit this one?

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

...I'm actually interested in Filia's equivalent.. is there a theme that could fit this one?
    The one I'm looking at for it is 'No One Has To Know'. I had another idea for 'No One Has To Know' but... well, it was trite to say the least. I'm happy to change over to a different storyline for that one.

...Especially since my original idea might as well has been titled 'I Guess EVERYONE Has To Know'. :P

The one I'm looking at for it is 'No One Has To Know'.
    That one could go a lot of ways with this idea. o_o

I finally got around to finishing/posting chapter two of my fic... I probably need to take this more seriously but w/e

I also found something while googling random Japanese characters of Slayers names:

Spoiler:- new season spoilers?:

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

That one could go a lot of ways with this idea. o_o
    Indeed it could! But I can tell you right now that it will not go the sexy leather way. ...At least... I don't think so...

My current idea is based on a Cary Grant movie and an episode of Spongebob. ...That makes it sound bad, doesn't it? XD

I finally got around to finishing/posting chapter two of my fic... I probably need to take this more seriously but w/e
    I'll be sure to put on my reading glasses (which are also my... non-reading glasses) and get a review in!

new season spoilers?:
    Huh... interesting... I don't really know much about the new season so I can't comment much but... hmmm...

Duclis is also in one of the novels. I wonder how different his novel/anime roles are.

I'm three weeks into my Latin class and I had to think of TRY when we learned that Filia = Daughter.

Indeed it could! But I can tell you right now that it will not go the sexy leather way. ...At least... I don't think so...
    I wasn't thinking that...CANNOT UNSEE?

My current idea is based on a Cary Grant movie and an episode of Spongebob. ...That makes it sound bad, doesn't it? XD
    Probably XD

I'll be sure to put on my reading glasses (which are also my... non-reading glasses) and get a review in!
    Okay, thanks!

Duclis is also in one of the novels. I wonder how different his novel/anime roles are.
    It says on his article in Kanzakadex. it seems to be really different, too.

I'm three weeks into my Latin class and I had to think of TRY when we learned that Filia = Daughter.
    I wonder if that's where they got the name? o_o

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

I wasn't thinking that...CANNOT UNSEE?
    WELL I WAS THINKING THAT. First at least :P I can't help it if my mind's this way!

Probably XD
    It's better than it sounds!

It says on his article in Kanzakadex. it seems to be really different, too.
    I figured. I'll probably wait and see until I watch the anime.

I wonder if that's where they got the name? o_o
    I wouldn't be surprised. The Temple/Filia/The Elders have a bit of a Roman Catholic feel. It's been pointed out to me that the Holy spells sound a bit... Latinish (I'll have to check that out myself with my Latin textbook) and that there seem to be parallels between the Catholic persecution of the Pagans and the Golden Dragon's persecution of the Ancient Dragons.

Whenever I need to add an original golden dragon chracter to a story I always use a Greek or Latin name because of that.

I wouldn't be surprised. The Temple/Filia/The Elders have a bit of a Roman Catholic feel. It's been pointed out to me that the Holy spells sound a bit... Latinish (I'll have to check that out myself with my Latin textbook) and that there seem to be parallels between the Catholic persecution of the Pagans and the Golden Dragon's persecution of the Ancient Dragons.
    Oh, that's really interesting! I never thought of that parallels (but then again I kind of avoid making real-world observations like that)... It makes a lot of sense now @__@

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Oh, that's really interesting! I never thought of that parallels (but then again I kind of avoid making real-world observations like that)... It makes a lot of sense now @__@
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool when it was pointed out to me.

So... judging by this screenshot from NEXT during Martina's episode-long crush on Gourry...

...she seems like she wants a big family. So I guess my question is:

Do you think Martina and Zangulus would have kids already? If so, what would their names be?

Do you think Martina and Zangulus would have kids already? If so, what would their names be?
    I don't know the names, but they would probably be ridiculous. XD Possibly named after Zoamelgustar (I can't believe I remember that name)??? It's been awhile since I saw NEXT... ;__;

I <3 Penguinshipping ^_^

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast