Thread: Ever notice a glaring weakness in your in-game team?

Default Ever notice a glaring weakness in your in-game team?

So, you put together a group of six that you like; Only to realize that putting together the Pokemon you like has landed you very weak to one specific type. This happens to me in every playthrough of Pokemon.

Right now my team is:
    Prinplup
    Monferno
    Haunter
    Roselia
    Murkrow
    Gabite

Half my team is weak to ice, half my team is weak to psychic, one third is weak to flying, one third is weak to electric, and eventually one third will be weak to ground.

I usually ignore glaring weakness', because it makes it more of a challenge.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

My team is 1/2 weak to ground, but I don't care.

I'm back, baby.

My DP and SS teams both have weaknesses to ice and electric attacks, as both teams include a grass starter, two flying types, and a water type. My Pt team also has an electric weakness thanks to having a water starter and two flying types. This is why I never use my DP and SS teams online casually; I use Pt because it is a bit more balenced.

My White team will make history by having only one flying type - and that's after the Elite 4 (Wargle, incase you're wondering).
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

My team doesn't have a real weakness to one type, but they're all slow though since I don't ev train for speed. Cynthia's milotic tends to destroy half my team because of it.

Yeah unfortunately my HG team has a slight weakness to rock Pokemon.

The teams I put together competitively nearly ALWAYS have a Fighting Weakness. We tend to make Hail and Sandstorm teams too, so.... yeah; Fighting = My Downfall. D:

-The Ultimate Lost Shadow-
    Don't underestimate me, I'll prove to be your downfall.

If you need help with anything, please send me a Private Message. I am currently I Abuse Smeargles "student" and would be more than happy to help you.

I tend to like making water teams on emerald, usually giving me a huge weakness to grass/electric

before I restarted my game on heartgold, four members of my team were weak to ice.
    Friend Code:
    EMMAHH - 1978 9267 1004

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dreams View Post
    So, you put together a group of six that you like; Only to realize that putting together the Pokemon you like has landed you very weak to one specific type. This happens to me in every playthrough of Pokemon.

Right now my team is:
    Prinplup
    Monferno
    Haunter
    Roselia
    Murkrow
    Gabite

Half my team is weak to ice, half my team is weak to psychic, one third is weak to flying, one third is weak to electric, and eventually one third will be weak to ground.
    My brother plans terrible teams, he always relies on personal choice therefore leaving him open to fall easily to a particular type.

These were his teams:

HeartGold: He had 3 members weak to Rock (Pidgeotto, Delibird, Typhlosion), 2 weak to Ground (Typhlosion, Ampharos) and 3 weak to Electric (Feraligatr, Pidgeotto and Delibird).

Emerald: He carried 2 Fighting types (Breloom and Machoke) giving him a huge Flying and Psychic weakness. He had quite a few Pokemon with double weaknesses (Breloom, Swampert and Pelipper). On this team he also carries a Spinda and Pikachu, useless. He uses Pikachu cos he wants to be like Ash Ketchum.

Diamond: This is the worst example of my 13-year-old brother's team planning. It was looking at the Marriland Team Builder that I discovered he has huge weaknesses to Fighting, Electric and Ground types. Diamond really is his WORST TEAM EVER. He had 4 Ground weaknesses (Pikachu, Dialga, Empoleon and Lucario), 3 Fighting weaknesses (Dialga, Empoleon, Lucario) and 2 Electric weaknesses (Empoleon, Pelipper). His other Pokemon I didn't mention before was a Roselia. I mean, he didn't want to get a Roserade cos he's thinks it's for girls... what a waste. And remember, this was based on his fave Pokemon, which led to his downfall - and he's champion?

In Ruby I had 2 Grass-types (Roselia, Breloom) and 2 Water-types (Golduck, Pelipper) effectively giving me a huge Flying, Psychic and Electric weakness. I beat the Hoenn League with this team but remember, I didn't understand type match-ups easily as Generation III was my first Generation.

I improved on my Team Building in Pearl, Platinum and SoulSilver (my SS team does consist of 3 Ground weaknesses but I have Water and Grass types to counter).

I use a pattern in my Teams - The Ash Ketchum Effect (1 Grass-type, 1 Fire-type, 1 Water-type, 1 Flying-type, 1 Electric-type plus some random Pokemon)
    Last edited by OshyHikari; 5th August 2011 at 4:58 AM.

I like having a primary rotation of fire, water, electric, psychic, dark, and fighting with double-types being optional. Defensive-wise, I do have to watch out for fighting, bug, and especially ground(my psychic is almost always a Metagross), but offensively, that rotation is amazing.

Just last week I realized that I'd made it to Olivine Gym without catching a fire type. On top of that, the only pokemon in my party with fighting type moves was a rock type. Jasmine and Pryce are no challenge at all if you have a decent leveled fire type.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

I've noticed that my weakness has always been not having a useable fire type (outside of the starter). I remember one playthrough of Sapphire that I ended up using Macargo -_-
    Black 2 Friend Code: 2710 3413 6496

Mh, let's see...
    Empoleon
    Staraptor
    Pachirisu
    Cherrim
    Lucario
    Garchomp

I don't see much weaknesses in common, except for Ice type that affects Cherrim, Staraptor and Garchomp and Ground type that affects Empoleon, Pachirisu and Lucario. But if you really want to see common weaknesses, you should take a look at my Heart Gold team.
    Meganium
    Togekiss
    Bellossom
    Corsola
    Donphan
    Dragonite

Five Pokémon out of six are weak to Ice type. I think the Ice type doesn't like me (even though it's my third favorite type). Believe me, Corsola was a life saver at the Mahogany gym.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Let's see... Most of my team is weak to ground and water types. Fudge that, I still use my team. XD

I usually find I have a severe weakness to Ice and Ground, but I've got a strong counter-type for them.