Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: did u find it easy or hard to capture Palkia/Dialga/Giratina

Default did u find it easy or hard to capture Palkia/Dialga/Giratina

I have pokemon pearl and i remember when it came to capturing Palkia all i had 2 do was throw a quick ball at it. My friend said it took him ages to capture it.
    Just wondering how long it took everybody else to capture Palkia/Dialga or Giratina, to see if im not the only one that had to throw a quick ball at one of them.
    Your my ultimate team....
    Add me to your Pal Pad - Name: Mollie: 3051 4317 8645

Wave yourr hands in the air like you just dont caree

In Diamond I used a quick ball on Dialga and caught it on the very first turn. So no, I did not find it hard to catch Dialga.

It was difficult for me to catch Giratina though. I eventually gave up and just used a masterball.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

On Platinum, catching Giratina was easy. However, catching a Modest Giratina without having to use a Master Ball, however, wasn't so easy.
    Pokemon X FC: 3625 9074 7985
    Pokemon X OT: Serenna

My Friend Safari: (Ground) Sandshrew, Camerupt, and Gastrodon

Giratina was easily tamed with a mix of my Gengar's hypnosis and a good Dusk Ball.

Dialga...not so easy. I was out of Special Balls and was sitting there tossing Great Balls praying for a capture.
    HeartGoldSoulSilver
    OCTILLERY / JUMPLUFF

I just caught Dialga and Palika lastnight. With one toss of a duskball. My Vaporeon used Ice Beam. Palika got frozen, though.

Team Tropic Thunder?

I thought it was really easy to catch Dialga. I threw an Ultra Ball twice and then a Timer Ball and it was caught. I might go after Palkia tonight.
    Giratina was unlike Diamond. It took me about 30 seconds to catch it in Platinum...I accidentally killed it in Diamond...Stupid Critical Hits. >.<

Lets see....
    Dialga
    Empoleons Surf, Quick ball

Palkia
    Metal claw, crit hit, Great ball.

Giratina (Origin)
    Master ball. I had 2 so I was OK with it

Giratina (Another)

Razor leaf,Razor leaf,Razor leaf,(repeat x10) Ultra ball, Ultra ball, Dusk ball, Great ball, Repeat ball, Great ball, Ultra ball,
    GOTCHA
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/zkjz1w.jpg[/IMG]

Dialga: was regular, but tending to easy. Close combat from staraptor twice and ultra ball thrice.
    Giratina: quite hard. I used lots of utra and dusk balls, but it didn´t work and threw a masterball (I had 3, two transferred from GBA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeconator11 View Post
    This just sent weird images through my brain.

Slalamences, Skarmory, and Ho-oh all lifting a nuke, and a Pikachu's like "Set them up the bomb, and they drop it, and BOOM goes Hoenn.

credits: BynineB -1337speon
    --if someone is still visiting this profile, you can now find me here: bootymasterjangdongwoo@tumblr--

Dialga/Palkia are fairly easy, due to their catch rate of 30 (as opposed to most Legendaries, who are 3). Still need to be weakened, but usually only a couple Ultra/Quick Balls 'til it's caught.

Giratina was a pain, ended up using a Masterball on it.

dialga and palkia are easy to catch, with the catch rate of 30...you can catch it in no time

giratina is a bit hard, matching with mewtwo, beldum and others with a catch rate of 3....it's really hard...

I am who I am; Frederica Bernkastel.
    Furude Rika and Frederica are different.
    Shame on you if you thought so.

FC: 5027-0841-3459

I was a noob back when I caught my Dialga. First, I fainted it. Then, I returned after beating E4, and used my Master Ball.

Yeah. I also fainted all the other DP legendaries, except for Regigias and the three event ones, because I couldn't get them.

Yes easy. All you have to do is throw many types of PokeBalls.

Ultra Balls FTW.

Can you tell I was lying?

Dialga went down with 1 quick ball after being hit once, Palkia full HP with a dive ball (yes dive) and Giratina IN PLATINUM i weaked him to red, made him go nappy, and one hit snag with a dusk ball. I was prepared for a long arguous toss, but i got lucky in one ball Now the spirits on the other hand....*shuder* but it doesnt help i like catching them in great balls since it looks like their tales :P.

Meh, quite easy.
    but that's an exception for giratina.almost all of my pokemon fainted.
    just throw some ultra balls when the pokemon hp is red.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/nlspxv.jpg[/IMG]

DeviantArt Banner Credit GPXPlus

You are not good catchers you need practice!!!!!!!! I have caught palkia and dialga with the first pokeball. And I was doing it always because i was looking for the best nature. What do you have to say???? Am I lying or i'm a cheater. Nothing. I believe all of you that you caught them with quick ball. I caught regigigas with pokeball (not with the first), rayquaza with great, mewtwo with pokeball. And all of them with full life!!!!!! Some of you you would say that it is not excist. But if you want believe it! It was hard to some but i din't stop trying. I'm sure you have caught many pokemon with the first. Please don't stop trying don't throw master balls!!!!!
    Last edited by PalkiaTrainer; 2nd June 2009 at 11:23 AM.

Giratina was slightly hard to catch - about 12 minutes
    Dialga was VERY EASY to catch - 3 minutes and a half
    Palkia was EXTREMELY EASY to catch - 1 minute and 3/4!!!

(I used my watch to time them all :P)
    Join Victory Road forums today, and enjoy monthly tournaments, a load of awesome features (such as the Gym League), as well as friendly and helpful members!

Currently in need of:

Spoiler:- Needed Pokémon and items:

If you can trade me the Zapdos I want, I will give you a legit, UT, Lax-natured, TRU Arceus.. I can also offer many other legendaries. Please PM me if you do have it, and I surely will satisfy you with what I have, too.

Giratiny was the hardest to catch. I gave up and used a Master Ball.
    Dialga and Palkia were easy both on Diamond and Platinum. ( I caught Dialga with a Pokeball FFS)

Dialga was so easy to catch in diamond its not even funny. I used 1 pokemon (Empoleon), and one Ultra Ball

Dialga was so easy to catch in diamond its not even funny. I used 1 pokemon (Empoleon), and one Ultra Ball. Id wanted to save in front of it and get it shiny, but I goofed and forgot and just battled it

In Platinum, they were quite easy. Although I used my Master Ball on Giratina so... that doesn't count.
    Now, Dialga and Palkia were easy. I used an Ultra Ball on both of them when they still had over half their health left. This is because Dialga and Palkia's catch rate is quite high for a legendary and i think it's something like 30. Whereas, others such as Mewtwo's catch rate is low and I think its 3 or 4, which is one of, if not the lowest catch rate of any Pokemon.

I have Dialga in an Ultra Ball, Giratina in a Dark Ball, and Palkia in a Master Ball.

In Platinum Giratina took forever! It was a pain because he's a ghost type so false swipe couldn't work. However I remember he didn't take that long in Diamond.

Dialga did take me time in Diamond however I was young and inexperienced back then.

Dialga and Palkia were terribly easy in Platinum, why would they give legendaries a catch rate which is the same as a Chatot.

Palkia was pretty simple to capture, and didn't take much time. Giratina on the other hand, took a LOT of time to catch. I got it down to at least 1-5 HP, and used many balls.
    DP Friend Code:
    1848 3862 4527

Spoiler:- My Trade Wants::

First time around I remember it took me 12 ultra balls to catch Dialga but since then its been pretty easy. (Looks at Dialga, Palkia and Giratina all sitting in Pokeballs.)

Spoiler:- Credit:

In Platinum, I caught Dialga with a Quick Ball immediately and Palkia with a Dive Ball on my first try at catching it. Giratina, on the other hand, was a freaking demon. It took me so many hours to catch it while I was playing non-stop. At some point I even thought about using a Master Ball, which I never do with box legendaries. I finally caught it with a Dusk Ball, Adamant Nature.
    ... ... ... ... ... ...
    ... ... ... ... ... ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast