Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Aiptaka

Default Pokemon Aiptaka

Pokemon Aiptaka is a game based around completing challenges and quests given to you by a Meowth named Jon, mayor of Oak Town, a settlement in the region of Aiptaka. To do this, you must use combat, your wits to overcome puzzles and your social skills to converse and talk your way through dangerous situations. You sign up characters with preset stats that you use to interact with the game.

Rules:
    1 Please follow all Serebii forums rules (as always!)
    2 Don't spam or get off topic. Please only post relevant things to the current situation.
    3 You can role play, but keep it on topic and NOT spammy. Do not go overboard.
    4 You can have up to three separate characters – no more.
    5 You have to sign up a character and have them accepted before you are able to use them – do not try and control NPCS or other player's characters.
    6 Please take everything seriously – overcome challenges in the way presented to you.
    7 Make sure you do not have your characters use modern day technology – the game is set years in
    the past.
    8 No legendary Pokemon.

Stats:
    Combat is based around three stats: Attack, Defense and Health Points. Attack is how much damage your attacks do, defence negates damage done by an attack but can never reduce the damage below 1. Health points are how much life your character has – at 0 they will pass out and be useless and take other penalties. For example -

"Cynthia uses a basic attack with an ATK stat of 10 on an enemy with 5 defense and 10 HP. The enemy only takes 5 damage because 5 of the damage was subtracted from their defense stat, leaving them with 5 HP."

When the party encounters a single or multiple enemies, they are thrust into a encounter. During an encounter, every character can use one basic attack. This ends their turn until the enemy attacks or is killed, making it the next turn.

Classes:
    Each class has a unique preset of stats and a special skill each. At certain points of the game, everyone will level up and their classes will receive stat bonuses.
    Warrior: Warriors are naturally beefy and can take a lot of hits before going down.
    ATK: 5
    DEF: 5
    HP: 6
    SKL: Warrior's gain additional HP per level compared to other classes.
    Rogue: Rogues are hard-hitters who excel at taking down targets with high defense and hp.
    ATK: 6
    DEF: 3
    HP: 5
    SKL: A rogue's first attack at the beginning of a combat will ignore the opponents defense, dealing the full attack damage.
    Mage: Mages have overall bad stats and struggle at combat on their own, but because they have access to spells and healing skills that other classes don't, they are a helpful party member.
    ATK: 3
    DEF: 3
    HP: 5
    SKL: They have access to magical spells. At level one, they only have access to one spell, Bandaid, which heals whoever the caster targets for one HP. They can use their basic attack during the same turn.

Name: (Your Character's name – this is what they will be referred by.)
    Class: (One of the preset classes that decides your stats – Warrior, Mage or Rogue)
    Species: (What species of pokemon your character is. Please use a emoticon such as )
    Description: (An overview of your character.)
    Weapons: (Weapons are a means of personalizing your character.)

Example Sign up:
    Name: Cynthia
    Class: Rogue
    Species:
    Description: A tough woman who has been on the road her whole life. She has no qualms doing “illegal” things to get by. At heart she has a good sense of justice, even if the majority would condemn her for it.
    Weapons: Twin Daggers

Owner: Infernobat.
    Co-Owner: Pokemon Special
    Owners can assign punishments as they see fit, moderate current events if needed, accept characters, control NPCs and create situations and plots, and change the ownership system. Co-owners can do all of that, except change the ownership system.

Spoiler:- Accepted Characters:
    Last edited by Infernobat.; Yesterday at 9:43 PM.

this game sounds awesome! this is just the character from pokemon high

Name: drake
    Class: rogue
    Species:
    Description: pretty, most people fear him because of his strength, he loves flying, he has two dreams: becoming a salamence (it already came out) and mega evolving
    Weapons: dragon fang, salamencite

Spoiler:- GOOMY IS OUR SAVIOR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSK5Gtf5bkA
    chansey sweep!! http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-109592484
    F. E. A. R. this guy: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-104808207
    my awesome sweep XD http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/an...goes-195046178
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...okemon-Aiptaka

credit to astral shadow

Name: Vern
    Species: Gallade
    Description: A young orphan who spent his years living in a jungle. He has a grim outlook on human nature and is naturally suspicious of people he doesn’t know, and is sow to trust people. A very accurate shot. He has a sense of morality, but not a particularly strong one.
    Weapons: (Bow and Arrow, The blades in his arms, and a Stone that allows him to mega evolve)

This sounds cool. I always love a good rpg.

P.S. I think the rogue class sounds overpowered.
    Last edited by Vern; 17th December 2014 at 12:03 PM.
    I have claimed Eevee.
    Click on the egg to help it hatch!

Name: Shinobi
    Class: Warrior
    Species:
    Description: Shinobi haves a strong sense of justice. Despite his aggressive looks, he prefers to use diplomacy over combat. He does like to make a joke but can get serious when the situation asks for it. Don't anger him, because his scythes aren't just for display.
    Weapons: Eviolite, scythes.

Currently in Hoenn.
    Claimed Scyther

Thanks to Chapter of Charizard for the Button
    PASBL explained ~ WF ~ Incoming absence alert
    Coming next year in the fanfic section:

Thank you Astral Shadow for the Banner

( Yeah rogue might go through some minor stat changes I'll have to talk to Infernobat, but the class will probably remain strong.
    Shinobi, Vern, Drake are all accepted! Feel free to rp a little while waiting for the first challenge.)

Credit to Astral Shadow of The Under for the amazing banner!

(ok! let's get right into it!)

*looks around* Ah... This looks like a nice town. Very green, looks like home... *fingers bow*. It seems like there are some other people here as well...
    Last edited by Vern; 17th December 2014 at 12:54 PM.
    I have claimed Eevee.

My sign up:
    Name: Leafy
    Class: Mage
    Species:
    Description: Leafy's parents died in a house fire when he was very young. He learnt magic through hard practising from magic scrolls to heal heal and protect innocent civilians.
    Weapons: He uses his head to headbutt enemies.
    ------
    Yeah, Oaktown is a nice friendly town.

Hey there! How are you? What's your name?
    I have claimed Eevee.

I'm Leafy a healer and general nice person or at least I think so! What's your name?

A healer, huh? Seems interesting. Do you use herbs, or spells? My name is Vern.
    I have claimed Eevee.

*walks in the town* This is a pretty nice place. Hey there are some people. *walks in their direction* Hi there folks, are you here locals? My name is Shinobi by the way.

Currently in Hoenn.
    Claimed Scyther

Locals? Oh, I'm not a local. I got here a minute ago, same as you. The name's Vern. That guy over there *points at Leafy* is called Leafy.
    I have claimed Eevee.

I use magic, Vern. I'm a local here, I've lived here my entire life actually.

Ah, a wizard! Well, that's nice. Can you tell me and Mr. Shino-whatsits a bit about this town?
    I have claimed Eevee.

Nice to meet both of you. I have to say that this town is a pretty place to take a rest.

Currently in Hoenn.
    Claimed Scyther

Umm, okay, if you want to listen. This town is one of the oldest towns in the regions, which is why the architecture is a little dated and there's so much greenery. However, we're a pretty prosperous town - we have a thriving market district and we import our locally grown Oran Berries to other towns and cities across the region. We also have a reputation for adventurers and stuff, although I don't know much about that, honestly. I just stay in town and help people with their injuries or illnesses.

Credit to Junpearl63 for the banner

Hm. Who's your leader? What is he like?

(nice banner btw)
    I have claimed Eevee.

I wouldn't call the architecture dated, it's actually quite charming. And it's nice your town haves such a good trade. I only hope you don't have trouble with robbers and thieves.

Currently in Hoenn.
    Claimed Scyther

Well, It's late now, I guess I'll turn in. I'll be seeing you tomorrow. *walks off into the shadows*
    I have claimed Eevee.

Ohoho, sounds like loads of fun! I got two characters here:

Name: Lull Easeworth
    Species: Musharna
    Description: A sleepy fellow who prefers to take things easy and go with the flow. Oddly enough, he is totally aware of the world around him despite the fact that he's snoozing more than all the time! He is easy enough to get along with, but it's difficult to get near him without being overtaken by the mysterious sleep-inducing magical miasma that constantly emanates from him...Overall, no one knows exactly where he came from and is overall shrouded in mystery.
    Weapons: Dream Mist, Soothe-Bell, Moon-Print cloak

Name: Fleeda Zephyrwilde
    Species: Whimsicott
    Description: An Ex-Alchemy prodigy turned freelance renegade. She was kicked out of the Young Alchemist's Academy over a freak accident she'd rather not talk about...A happy-go-lucky personality masks a wild and terribly sadistic loose cannon nature. She is quick to flee and very unpredictable, and therefore very dangerous! She seems to have kept her old Academy attire (Which she dyed), as well as keep a seemingly limitless stock of dangerous potions in her fluff...
    Weapons: Potions (Usually explosive), Whip
    Last edited by Trot Away; 17th December 2014 at 3:23 PM.
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Lull and Fleeda accepted!

The Mayor of the town is called Jon he's generally friendly but a bit over dramatic.

Credit to Junpearl63 for the banner

Well, sometimes a quiet town can use some spice. Which reminds me, do you know where I can find a tavern? I'm a bit hungry and I plan to eat.
    Last edited by Pink Harzard; 17th December 2014 at 3:52 PM.

Currently in Hoenn.
    Claimed Scyther

Name: Mara Redwood
    Species:
    Description: A friendly skitty who lost her memory a little while ago. She can't remember much about her past, but that doesn't bother her much, enjoying her time in Oak Town focusing on the present. She is somewhat of a hopeless romantic.
    Weapons: A wooden staff that she carries around in her tail.

Name: Sir Gallant
    Class: Warrior
    Species:
    Description: A pokemon who would like to describe himself as "noble" and "just", he's actually a very arrogant and rude pokemon, thinking himself a hero of old. He isn't actually a knight, but he requires everyone to call him "sir". He actually isn't that good at adventuring because he has no idea where there actually are adventures, so he mostly just sits around in town causing problems.
    Weapons: A well cut metal sword and his aura ablities.
    ---
    There's actually a tavern a little while to your left-
    And it is an awful place! You should go to the tavern across from the slaughterhouse! Much better prices.
    But it's disease ridden!
    Only if you have a weak immune system, which I'm sure this stranger does not.

*Hides in a tree* What a quiet little town it's almost too quiet. I don't like quiet...

-

*He lazily wanders into town, is he sleeping??* Zzzzzzz...
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

It'd be a lot quieter without this joker...
    I assure you, I'm 100% serious in everything I say! I don't even really understand the point of "humour" or "jokes".
    *Turns to the Musharna.* Hello, are you okay? You seem tired... maybe you should go to the tavern and get some rest?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast