Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frozen on their Tracks (598)

Watching this episode in Japanese is a waste of time for me.
    An average idoit like me won't know what they're doing or saying.
    The only thing that stood out to me was sudo using Hammer Arm, Signal Beam's animation and that Galactic sticker(because stickers are cool. Not)

I don't even understand Happiny's immense strength. Nothing in it's pokedex entries state anything about it. It looks like it's just thrown into the anime for fun. Gah.

LOL at S.Suikun and Juputoru's posts

It was nice seeing Piplup strain and suffer for a change instead f Dawn holding it and cuddling it like she always does. The little penguin brat needs to be reminded occasionally it can't do everything. Only Happiny can do that.

Mukuhawk gets another 30 seconds of screentime to look for the Pokemon and save them from Team Rocket again.

Looker was kinda...odd. He just goes off to do his detective work and returns with a Team Galactic sticker left in a plastic bag. Why would they be carrying around stickers wrapped in plastic?

I didn't think this episode was that bad, it was actually nice seeing The Tree getting some screentime and learning a new move, but it wasn't a great episode.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

So uh yeah...I couldn't really tell what the plot focus was on in this episode. It didn't really have anything to do with the Ampharos train OR Looker. >_> (outside of like 2 minutes of Lookerness)

The only real comment Is....Isn't it just a bit convenient that that nearly perfect spherical rock just happens to be blocking the path needed?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Good job! Sudowoodo learnd Arm Hammer! :P
    Looker's nose is weird. Animes always look weird like that.
    It looks like Looker is going after Team Galactic! He might want to find out what thay diong.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee View Post
    LOL at S.Suikun and Juputoru's posts

It was nice seeing Piplup strain and suffer for a change instead f Dawn holding it and cuddling it like she always does. The little penguin brat needs to be reminded occasionally it can't do everything. Only Happiny can do that.

Mukuhawk gets another 30 seconds of screentime to look for the Pokemon and save them from Team Rocket again.

Looker was kinda...odd. He just goes off to do his detective work and returns with a Team Galactic sticker left in a plastic bag. Why would they be carrying around stickers wrapped in plastic?

I didn't think this episode was that bad, it was actually nice seeing The Tree getting some screentime and learning a new move, but it wasn't a great episode.
    I think you are just so angry at the episode that you aren't making sense, of course they aren't walking around with stickers wrapped in plastic. He is supposed to be like a crime scene investigator so he apparently has the plastic bag so that he can get crime scene evidence without getting his dna/fingerprints on it ( I know this is pokemon but they wan't to make him look like a real detective)

And who said it was a sticker? That was just an easy way to portray what it was, but handsom never said it was an actual sticker. Its their emblem they have it on their equipment, for all we know its a metal insignia that fell off a gun.

I know its something stupid to rant about but, somepeople are so distracted when they post that they don't even know what they are writing.

Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    I think you are just so angry at the episode that you aren't making sense, of course they aren't walking around with stickers wrapped in plastic. He is supposed to be like a crime scene investigator so he apparently has the plastic bag so that he can get crime scene evidence without getting his dna/fingerprints on it ( I know this is pokemon but they wan't to make him look like a real detective)

And who said it was a sticker? That was just an easy way to portray what it was, but handsom never said it was an actual sticker. Its their emblem they have it on their equipment, for all we know its a metal insignia that fell off a gun.
    That's true, I didn't think they would have guns or stuff like that though. It does make sense, I suppose, I just hadn't thought Pokemon would have anything like guns again, not after the Dratini episode. But yeah, it could be on other equipment.
    I know its something stupid to rant about but, somepeople are so distracted when they post that they don't even know what they are writing.
    My apologies. I should have realized that, I just couldn't truly think of what else it could be. I'm sorry for going on a rant like that, I get crazy after I watch the episodes. It wasn't really a bad episode, but with Looker there I just thought there might be a bit more revealed about Team Galactic instead of having the Pokemon get lost and such. I'm sorry about my rants, I truly am.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Yay looker!
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Just a heads up; the episode airs tomorrow at 9:30 rather than 9:00 in the morning. I'm hoping Looker sounds the way I want him too, he's too handsome to have such a bad voice.

http://www.pokemon.com/#news_/XML/news_414.xml

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Just a heads up; the episode airs tomorrow at 9:30 rather than 9:00 in the morning. I'm hoping Looker sounds the way I want him too, he's too handsome to have such a bad voice.

http://www.pokemon.com/#news_/XML/news_414.xml
    thx for the heads up!
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    thx for the heads up!
    Actually forget what I said, it could have been a slip up. Direct TV says its on at 9:00, not 9:30....but...which is which I wonder? Hmmm.....I'll stay up to date if I watch it early tomorrow morning. It could be an error on PUSA's part.

Today was quite good episode. I was excited to see Looker appear in the dub anime and his VA is pretty nice.

I thought the ending at the end, I mean the ending at the WAY end, was pretty interesting. Leading up to the Galactic Arc and that one episode before that.

Cant wait for the epic 6-6 battle next week!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Jason Griffith's voice didn't suit Looker that much, which kinda annoyed me throughout the whole episode. Ampharos was good in this episode, too bad it's a NU Pokemon. I've noticed that Piplup is being true its Pokedex entry about how they have pride. Let the battle against Paul begin, next week.

Ha ha, Looker rocks! He wasn't quite as funny as he is in the games, but he's still pretty awesome.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Great episode! Looker's voice made him seem younger. I liked how Sudowoodo learned a new move. It would have been great if Team Galactic had SLIGHTLY more involvement, but this was good.

8.5/10

Looker's voice actor was not that great. The episode was pretty good, but not the best.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Well I kind of liked this episode and it wasnt the best but it was better than I thought. Piplup is fuuny in this episode when happiny moved the boulder and his face was like!!!!.

Signature Stuff
        Spoiler:- undefined:

Before I watch it on CNw on Direct TV, what time does it appear on? 9:00 or 9:30? I wish they could just do those recaps later in the afternoon again like they did in the summer. How bad does Looker sound? Well, I won't let myself down when I hear him! Also, today's Halloween, thus lets enjoy our treat PUSA has given out to us.

It was a pretty enjoyable episode but not a lot happened in it. I liked how Handsome sounds and that he acts the similar to the way he acts in the games. Ampharos was a pretty cool Pokémon as well. I wonder what role Handsome will play later on in the Galactic plot.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

How bad does Looker sound? Well, I won't let myself down when I hear him!
    If you hate Jason Griffith, then Looker will sound terrible for you as he is voiced by him.

Looker sounded handsome, even if it wasn't the way I had in mind (since it was a bit deep) and I quite enjoyed hearing and seeing him. Today's episode was quite the treat to us all. Now all we need is someone to rip that scene with Happiny twirling that boulder with Piplup on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    If you hate Jason Griffith, then Looker will sound terrible for you as he is voiced by him.

He was terrific! I bet he'll voice Palmer within the next ten weeks.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 31st October 2009 at 6:42 PM.

The dub version of this episode was absolutely amazing compared to some of the previous dubbed versions. The voice of Looker sounded great which I was glad to hear; most voices sound bad or just lacking emotion. Still one of my favorite episodes in DP since we got to see Looker in action on the hunt for Team Galactic.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th November 2010 at 3:11 AM.

Meh this episode was okay. My favorite part was when Piplup tried to move the boulder and then Happiny waddles over and lifts it up with one hand and throws towards the sun and it falls in the river. That thing is on steroids!!!
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/v6ut6r.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Was anyone else mesmerized by the water. Gosh, just looking stream of water flowing compelled me, just like looking at Looker in the ending of the episode, or perhaps the sun setting in the wood lines. Also, where are the other members? Shouldn't they appear at this moment like that one user posting a very long (and hilarious) synopsis? So that's how you pronounce Ampharos.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 31st October 2009 at 7:11 PM.

Was anyone else mesmerized by the water. Gosh, just looking stream of water flowing compelled me, just like looking at Looker in the ending of the episode, or perhaps the sun setting in the wood lines.
    Yes I have to agree that the environment and setting in this episode was very beautiful.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/v6ut6r.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Was anyone else mesmerized by the water. Gosh, just looking stream of water flowing compelled me, just like looking at Looker in the ending of the episode, or perhaps the sun setting in the wood lines. Also, where are the other members? Shouldn't they appear at this moment like that one user posting a very long (and hilarious) synopsis? So that's how you pronounce Ampharos.
    I noticed that. And since the episode was in HD, it looked like a movie.

Episode was good. It was cool seeing Looker in Anime and Sudowoodo learning Hammer Arm, too... Ampharos really needed some sreentime, too...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast