Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 80

Thread: Frozen on their Tracks (598)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    399

    Default

    I thought that the episode was very well done. I liked when piplup chose which path to take when they all got separated and Happiny just followed. It was like they were singing a song, but it didn't last long when they came running back. I liked the Looker plot going on at the same time as Team Rocket was doing their usual thing. The animation was amazing as well!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Live From Paris
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    This episode was ok. I thought Looker was creepy looking. Like how Happiny could easily lift the giant boulder with one hand. It was awesome to see Sudowoodo learn Hammer Arm, although it was unoriginal to see.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Where there is snow.
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Gamer View Post
    Yes I have to agree that the environment and setting in this episode was very beautiful.
    Needless to say, Looker is correct with his perspective on his surroundings.

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I noticed that. And since the episode was in HD, it looked like a movie.
    That's because Pokemon is now both HD and widescreen and yes it's magnificent!

    Quote Originally Posted by milenadrg View Post
    Episode was good. It was cool seeing Looker in Anime and Sudowoodo learning Hammer Arm, too... Ampharos really needed some sreentime, too...
    When was the last time we saw Ampharos? It was nice to see the feller in action, like thunder punching the boulder.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLee View Post
    I thought that the episode was very well done. I liked when piplup chose which path to take when they all got separated and Happiny just followed. It was like they were singing a song, but it didn't last long when they came running back. I liked the Looker plot going on at the same time as Team Rocket was doing their usual thing. The animation was amazing as well!
    Piplup and Happiny singing reminded me of another episode with Pikachu and Piplup singing. What's next is you know they'll have a Pokemon Musical!

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This episode was ok. I thought Looker was creepy looking. Like how Happiny could easily lift the giant boulder with one hand. It was awesome to see Sudowoodo learn Hammer Arm, although it was unoriginal to see.
    I just realized today he reminded me of my friend for years and looks like a monkey....holy crap....that is just beyond bewildering. Also, the creators of gamefreak thought of Looker as an inspiration thanks to their old childhood show Lupin the 3rd where some detective resembles his personality.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Piplup and Happiny singing reminded me of another episode with Pikachu and Piplup singing. What's next is you know they'll have a Pokemon Musical!
    Hmm, I don't ever remember Pikachu and Piplup singing before. It was just really funny to me for some reason. Haha you're probably right!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Where there is snow.
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    Also, I noticed Croagunk's voice today was in its Japanese version during the picnic scene. Man I just love easter eggs PUSA just throws at us. I just wonder if they're even errors at all. Thankfully I updated that information on the bulbapedia page. Yes I am a member there.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    201

    Default

    What?? Only one page so far for such an awesome episode?

    What I expected to be a "filler" first, actually turned out to be a great episode which was definitely worth watching. I enjoyed it a lot.

    Of course, half of the episode consisted of the good old "search and rescue" plot. This alone would have been a bit dull, so I'd agree with anyone who'd say that. (Though we can't deny either that the part when the Pokemon had to find their way back to their trainers certainly had some funny and entertaining elements as well). But fortunately, we also had the great and highly exciting Looker-investigates subplot, too.
    Man, you may be laughing at me now, but heck, today's episode was nerve-racking and thrilling: The train stops right in the middle of the landscape for no obvious reason, it turns out that somebody manipulated the track switch and finally an abandoned track...mysterious, mysterious!!
    And then the part when Looker investigated that old abandoned cave in that mountain. Truly nerve-racking!!
    I know that so far, DP has proved us wrong with regard to many things, but I would never have expected such a plot line and above all, such a setting in Pokemon. This was at least as exciting and surprising as the appearance of the pure evil in the form of that little ghost-girl in "Ghoul Daze"!

    The episode also reminded me of two famous movies: Firstly, "Under Siege 2" because of the motif of a train being stopped in the midst of the prairie and "Operation Broken Arrow" because of the hideout in an abandon cave in a mountain.

    Did I mention yet that this subplot sure was thrilling? I guess I pointed it out more than often now ^^

    But I mustn't forget to say that I was surprised and delighted to see how strong Pikachu's Volt Tackle was. Writers, THAT'S how the strongest attack of Ash very first Pokemon (and thus one of his strongest ones) should look like!
    But tell me why I just can't get rid of the feeling that they will have forgotten about how to draw a decent attack after a few episodes again.

    Ok, another important fact which I realized while watching the episode:
    Right at the beginning when Dawn smiled because of Ash being so hyped up and said "No surprise there!", she sounded almost exactly like CYNTHIA! Especially the way she pronounced and intoned the "No" dispelled all doubts. As far as I know Cynthia has the same voice actress as Dawn, so that's no big deal, but nevertheless, it was soooo wonderful to be reminded of Her Majesty's voice


    All in all, a great episode for great Saturday evening entertainment! Ok. I'd exaggerate if I said that it was Pokemon at its best, but today's episode at least showed the almost infinite and undreamed of potential of our favorite series!

    7.5/ 8 out of 10 points!


    Btw. one important question:

    Has Looker reappeared in Japan since this episode? You see, I'm going to deviate from my habit of not watching Japanese episodes during the next two weeks. I'd like to watch the Galactic finale and therefore I need to know if Looker has played an important role again since then and if you should know about it in order to understand the ongoings in said finale.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999


    Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    2,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    Btw. one important question:

    Has Looker reappeared in Japan since this episode? You see, I'm going to deviate from my habit of not watching Japanese episodes during the next two weeks. I'd like to watch the Galactic finale and therefore I need to know if Looker has played an important role again since then and if you should know about it in order to understand the ongoings in said finale.
    Answer:
        Spoiler:- spoiler:



    I really liked how this episode played out (well, mostly the Looker plot). The part with the Pokemon was cute and humorous. I ESPECIALLY loved the part near the end that basically forshadows a certain episode arc in the near future. Very mysterious indeed.

    Oh, and the artwork and quality ARE amazing.
    Last edited by Yuppirox; 1st November 2009 at 1:34 AM.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK
    Posts
    3,282

    Default

    If Looker was absent from this episode, I would have fallen asleep from boredom.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Where there is snow.
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    If Looker was absent from this episode, I would have fallen asleep from boredom.
    If Piplup didn't have enough pride in this episode, it wouldn't have been humorous. But, this episode has to be one of my favorites. Anyways, I'm having a rotten time on how to get the youtube video to cooperate with me since I'm trying to make a gif animation of piplup hanging on to the boulder. Then the boulder going into the air and perhaps Pikachu's dazed look with Ampharos since it was funny to look at him.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    183

    Default

    The primary goal of this episode was to show what seems like a normal day for Ash, Dawn, and Brock while providing clues (and basically spelling it out in the end) that Team Galatic has already taken actions to do some unknown act at Lake Acuity. The story would have worked out okay, except the "normal" day for our heroes wasn't normal. The Team Rocket plot was weird, to say the least. I cannot remember the last time I saw their ballon moving so slowly. I mean, Ampharos, as slow as it moved in this episode, only had to "run" to the train, bounce off it, and it reached the balloon. Of course, the sad part is that the jump was actually believable because the balloon barely moved at all during the long time Jessie and James were talking. Where did the balloon come from, anyway? Jessie and James were on the train with Ash and the gang (don't blame them considering how slow their balloon was). How did they whip it out so fast, and from where? They couldn't have predicted that the train would stop where it did. Ahh, you say, but this is Pokemon, a kid's show. Yes, and this episode had too many of those moments: a bag that stops bubblebeam and thunderbolt on the inside but lets an aerial ace work on the outside, a cage that Pikachu can't use iron tail on from the inside but Amphoras can use thunderpunch and charge beam on from the outside, a flock of Fearow that Pikachu and Amphoras are unable to hit with their electric attacks because their aim is off, and Buneary's and Sudowoodo's ability to find Pikachu and company as quickly as Staraptor does.

    Well, the fact that Happiny was laughing the entire time during Team Rocket's capture scene convinced me not to take things too seriously. To be honest, I thought the writers were trying to provide a reason for Ash and the gang to leave the train and maybe stumble upon some clues to Team Galactic's scheme. But not so. After the ballon crashes, Team Rocket basically lets Pikachu, Piplup, Happiny (whose inclusion lets you know this is supposed to be a Brock episode), and Amphoras walk away, and we have ourselves a Pokemon are separted from their trainers segment. Unfortunately, it's inferior to Jumping Rocket Ship because it tries some of the same gags: Piplup's disasterous attempt to be leader of the gang, and Happiny's super strength (much funnier seeing Happiny lift up Grotle than seeing Happiny predictably lifting up a rock in a strength contest). By this time, Happiny's innocent laughing had worn thin with me. We've come too far in Sinnoh for a "cute" act to carry an entire episode, and that's the sad burden Happiny was assigned with.
    Side note: This is the first time I can remember seeing Piplup cross his arms.

    The gang do find their lost Pokemon, with the help of Staraptor, Sudowoodo and Buneary. The sole purpose of Sudowoodo being out of its pokeball was to give it a reason to battle Team Rocket and reveal that it had learned Hammer Arm. I suppose this is the writer's way of showing character development for Brock, but it feels forced, to be honest. It would have made more sense for Brock to have Croagunk out to search, since it's sometimes demonstrated a good instinct for knowing when Team Rocket is around. Because Brock used a Pokemon to search, Dawn had to use one as well, and Buneary was stuck with the task of being out of its pokeball with nothing to do.

    The parts with Looker were well done, and the ending of the episode left me feeling excited, which is great, considering the feeling had nothing to do with Ash's upcoming battle with Paul. Speaking of which, I cringed a little when I heard Ash say he was definitely going to beat Paul.

    All in all, the English (and Japanese) episode(s) were not as good as I hoped this week. But next week, they are both going to make up for it.
    Last edited by wind21; 1st November 2009 at 10:40 PM.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,913

    Default

    The episode was good. They finally introduced Looker and it was cool to see Ampharos in the episode.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you


    My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

    Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eastern PA, USA
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Since there's basically nothing going on here that's of much importance, I'm going to save my precious lead for those parts that are important.

    - Ash & co. are on a train heading to Lake Acuity, which I would like to mention that they're basically the only passengers inside.
    - Hey!! Looker is here, & he's giving away free meals! Now all the beggars in the streets will no longer starve to death.
    - When I say beggars in this, I mean TR, as they're the only other people on this train, because these guys are %$@#ing stalkers.
    - This train is powered by an Ampharos. Whyyyy can't this train be powered by conventional means? They always have to rely on Pokemon for propulsion of certain vehicles.
    - The railroad light up ahead is red. uh-oh!!! Something has come up, so Looker & the engineer go out to look.
    - By this time, it all goes downhill from here, because everything we see here, from the TR Appearance, to them snagging everyone's Pokemon, to a few of them ending up in the middle of nowhere, are all so cliche. So... it's nap-nap time.
    - Looker!! He's instigating an abandoned mine with his ultraviolet goggles, & he finds some fresh footprints.
    - Vas ist das?? He's found a piece of evidence hidden underneath something! He's earned my respect after all.
    - & then we get back to our original snoresville... bleh...
    - Before we know it, the train can continue on. Yay! We can finally get out of this boring place.
    - So, it seems that TG was inside that mine. Why? We shall see...

    As it stands, this episode was "supposed" to be an introduction of Looker. Fact is, he took a backseat for all the other stuff that was happening that we've all seen before. He hasn't gotten nearly enough screen time, so as a character intro ep., I give this two big thumbs down.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Lmao Looker said he was really taken by the scenery or w/e he said he was really taken by. I didn't watch this in Japanese but I thought Ash and co. knew who he was. I can't wait to see him in the next episode with TG(Both the 1 coming Thursday and the 1 with Shellos).
    Ash's team right now


    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

    If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Blackburn lancashire
    Posts
    580

    Default

    okish episode. It was good to see looker though and it is also intresting to find out hes an undercover detective. It was also good to see Pikachu, piplup and Happiny working together as well. Apart from the Looker bits and the exploraraton it was just really a filler episode for the next episode with Paul and Ashs match

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    12 Wrose Road, Shipley
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Good Episode. I love Ampharos.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    I wasn't too fond of this episode, it didn't do much besides pass time between Ash battling Paul and introducing the creepy policeman Looker (who has a name like that in real life, anyway?). Plus, it was another episode, one of many, with the twerps and their pokemon being separated. It could have been better.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

  17. #67
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,955

    Default

    Borderline-filler. Only interesting part was the 10 seconds at the end with Looker. Galactic stole Uxie?

    5/10.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Where The Wild Things Are
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    This episode looked really nice, I loved the setting and the glossiness of it. I thought it was funny how Happiny lifted that huge boulder with no problem and I'm glad Sudowoodo learned Hammer Arm, although he'll never really get to use it since Brock hardly battles. This was an alright episode.

  19. #69

    Default

    Good episode. The Pokemon were working well together in this one, and Looker is quite amusing. Though he did something else rather than introducing.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    1,589

    Default

    Nothing too interesting really happened in this episode.

    The only awesome thing about this episode was finally seeing an Ampharos!

    Yeah. Not too much to write home about, was there?

    Oh, wait! That's right! That last part with Looker investigating in the blocked tunnel and finding that Team Galactic Emblem and then putting it into an evidence bag! I can see it now: CSI: Sinnoh!
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * * * * *
    * - Going mega


    Claimed by me!

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cerulean City, Kanto
    Posts
    4,604

    Default

    Can someone PLEASE tell me what was the point of Sudowoodo learning Hammer Arm if it isn't going to USE it???

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Team Galactic is going to appear regularly from now on....they must be close to completion of their plans

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,948

    Default

    This episode was terrible. Its like Looker was thrown into a generic filler episode.

    Lookers scenes were literally the only good part of the episode, and his scenes come out to about 2-3 minutes in total.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Purplesurge-Unreal IRC servers
    Posts
    6,699

    Default

    This episode was alright. It was great to finally see Looker for the 1st time. It was great to see Sudowoodo learn the powerful Hammer Arm attack. It was funny when Piplup tried many times to break a boulder, and failed, but then Happiny lifted and threw the boulder. It was great to find out Looker's backstory. It was cool to see Ampharos for the 1st time in awhile, interesting how it knows Signal Beam. The ending was really an interesting cliffhanger. Looker started his investigating, and they found Team Galactic in the tunnel.

    59/100

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Netherlands as Shiny Hunter
    Posts
    1,794

    Default

    Looker is really cool, glad to see him in the series too =3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •