Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frozen on their Tracks (598)

Default Frozen on their Tracks (598)

The Ampharos Train! Looker Appears!

Ash & Co. are heading to Lake Acuity on a train. While travelling, they meet Looker, a member of the International Police, whom is in the area looking for Team Galactic. However, problems arise on the train and the Ampharos running the train, along with a few of the gang's Pokémon are seperated from the gang...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Arm hammer is good attack. I hope that one of Ash's Pokemon will fight here too.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Arm hammer is good attack. I hope that one of Ash's Pokemon will fight here too.
    How about no posting until you've seen the actual episode? For gods sake, Ash-kid, stop coming here with posts that are nothing but spam.

Ridiculous.

----
    The episode was.... okay. Sometimes it felt like another one of those "random-pokemon-get-lost" episodes", which we've had enough of for this saga. But Handsome was a good character, and i'm glad that Sudow. learned hammer arm instead of the over-used brick break. The 'cliffhanger' at the end was really nice and a great way to hint at the next bunch of episodes.

Sudowoodo with hammer arm is good, he'll be more powerful and may become Brock's most used to battler instead of Croagunk. The episode was good, the Looker side story was the best part as it left the door open for more appearences.

I agree, Brick Break would have been a bit overkill, since Brock's Croagunk already knows it. I know many of Ash's Pokémon have known Quick Attack at once, but still.

In any case, glad for Hammer Arm, and happy that Handsome (still can't call him Looker) mentioned Team Galactic. I'm hoping the Galactic arc will pick up again soon, with Looker involved.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Is Hammer Arm still white stock footage?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

No, it's not. There has never been a scene of Sudowoodo using Hammer Arm, so there is no footage in stock for them to use for it.

In answer, though, yes, as you can see even in the preview, Sudowoodo's hand glows white.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Wow, Sudowoodo learned an attack! Hopefully Sudowoodo will be used more in battle now that it actually has a good attack. Also, I hope we get to see Looker again, he seems interesting.

Sudowoodo already has Mimic, Double Edge, Fake Tears and Flail. Those are good enough attacks. But yes, it should be used much more (by Brock standards) now that it has Hammer Arm.

I loved Gliscor's expression when Ampharos blasted open the hole in the ship with Signal Beam. He was like "Wuh?". Priceless.

Iota

I like that Sudowoodo learned Hammer Arm. It might be used a lot more now. Also, Looker looking at the Galactic thing at the end was weird. How'd he get it? Sorry for a dumb question but Serebii.net does not have a pic for every second.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

shet! Someone haven't uploaded the episode yet...why??!!?

anyway, i've read your post so sudowoodo learned wood harmer wow

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan16 View Post
    shet! Someone haven't uploaded the episode yet...why??!!?

anyway, i've read your post so sudowoodo learned wood harmer wow
    Wood Hammer? Wasn't it Hammer Arm?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It was Hammer Arm... Wood hammer has a green glow to it, whereas Hammer Arm is white.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

So aside from the ending and the fact that we get a new attack for a Pokemon that never actually comes out of its Pokeball, I take it this was an everyday generic story with Handsome thrown into a fairly minimal B-plot? In spite of the fact that we really needed a breather between all this massive action and plot, I really hoped that Handsome would get some good screentime given how close we are to Galactic Armageddon. Fingers crossed for a quality future appearance.

Review later. S.Suikun is number-one with a bullet-point. There's your bad pun for the day.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I love that Happiny was having so much fun the whole time she was seperated from Brock. I wish I could see this episode right now.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

So, for people who have watched the episode, did Handsome's Theme get a nice Anime remix?

Funny watching Piplup repeatedly attacking the boulder with out any effect, and then Happiny just picked it up and threw it. LOL with Piplup's expession before she attacked the boulder.

I am really gonna feel sorry for Brock when Croagunk evolves.
    Last edited by Chelc; 6th June 2009 at 4:35 PM.
    Yah-ha-ha-ha-haaa!Insanity!

Happiny was amazing in the episode, couldn't help but smile when it tossed that boulder like it was weightless.

I say this everytime I see her, but I just love Happiny! She had such a good time in this episode; and then to just pick up, spin, and throw that boulder like nothing was probably my favorite part. Then you see Piplup acting like "oh yah...I loosened it up for you."

Flock of mad Fearow, huh? Why not Beedrill? Oh, and you have two electric Pokemon against them. Their attacks miss, so they run. Really? Attack again damnit! lol

Congrats to Sudowoodo on learning an attack, but I think it should have been able to blast TR off instead of Pikachu. Though, has Pikachu used Volt Tackle since Wake's gym battle? I forget.

Once again, this felt like two episodes in one...like they just threw Handsome in to fill time with the few minutes of time he had. This is leading me to believe they just wanted to introduce him, so that when the TG arc takes off, we'll already know who he is when we see him again.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

the quality of this episode is probably the best ive ever seen. overall it was probably one of the better fillers of pokemon DP. it had some great moments and piplup was really entertaining as well. the bolder scene was brilliant and and i loved how they did pikachu's volt tackle this time.
    A strong offence makes for a great defence.

!!!I don't say anything I can't back up, so tread cautiously if you dare challenge my views!!!

I have somehow managed to take a break from rewatching the trailer for Super Mario Galaxy 2 in order to watch something else. I doubt this episode has Yoshi, thereby automatically making it the inferior product of the two, but maybe some nice bullet-points will spice things up:

- Train time! Let's hope Nintendo gets their plugs for Spirit Tracks in this episode.
    - New animation director also! This AD seems to have fun with turning the contrast up really high.
    - It's Looker! Or, if you prefer, "Handsome". Argue all day about which name is better; I think they're both dumb. So I'm going to call him "Layton", because I haven't crammed enough Nintendo references into this review already.
    - New AD also likes kart-racing games, because he's an obvious fan of shortcuts. Har har.
    - It's Ampharos! OMG! JASMINE'S GOING TO APPEAR IN THIS!
    - The train has stopped. Suspicious...
    - Handsome/Looker/Layton goes the other way of the conductor or whatever job on the train that guy has. Seriously, the only train job I know is conductor.
    - Wow, when did Brock catch a Happiny and a Sudowoodo, guys? Come to think of it, since when was Brock part of the group again?
    - TR doing stuff. Stuff happens. Yeah.
    - Oh look, more Looker. The plot I actually care about. He's at the end of the line.
    - Cut back to another 10 minutes of random Pokemon antics. I'd watch it, but I'm afraid the inevitible cuteness will make me vomit rainbows and sunshine.
    - Fearows, boulders, and pitfalls. I take it I'm not missing much by advancing four minutes?
    - Handsome apparently didn't return the 3-D glasses from when he went to see UP. Featuring some detective-y BGM I'm not familiar with. Having not wasted my money on Pokemon Pigeon Version, I cannot compare this to Handsome's Platinum theme.
    - Usokki: "Look at me! I exist!"
    - The train has left, and thus ends...OH SNAP! A Galactic Fun Sticker! And it's totally scratch-and-sniff!

When you take away Handsome from this episode, you still have 20 minutes of tired formula. As if he was thrown into a generic episode randomly, I'm rather disappointed with his debut role. Let's hope they do more with him, as Cram Time is coming with Galactic.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to rewatch the Galaxy trailer another 100 times before bed.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Oh, funny how Ash's screaming being pyched for his battle with Paul made Looker stumble...that was pretty funny...
    Hmm, I think TR has used those disguises before...
    Yay, Ampharos is one of my favorite pokemon!! And signal beam's animation during this episode was very cool.
    Everyone has a missing pokemon to claim...Now Brock can "actually" get involved.

Looker doing his thing during the episode, I was hoping to hear his game theme remixed...Oh well, maybe next time!!
    Lol, Piplup throwing all those attacks at that boulder, and Happiny moves it aside carelessly, showing off again...Brock lives yet again...smh...

Another battle with TR? Ok, but make it quick....
    Oh, what's this? Sudowoodo wants to battle?? Okay, go get em!! Brock is now relevant AGAIN, wow the writers are seriously giving him a chance...

What's that?? Huh? A glowing fist tree branch?? Oh, Hammer Arm is it? Oh, that's nice...not that Brock is gonna battle that much at all....Wait, isn't that his 5th move?>?

Pretty nice episode, I've been waiting for it...And to see Looker on the trail for "Ginga-dan", with that symbol in his hands...Epic...Hope to see him again, really soon...Next up...the full battle....oh will that be a good one...

I was so happy when sudowodo learned hammer arm :

they're finally gonna use him now

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

thts just a running gag in the series tht somethin small was so powerful and strong but still glad 2 c sudowoodo is getting better. With Hammer Arm he'll probably become Brock' main battler
    And i was like "thats what she said" XD

Episode? There was an episode? Oh right, there was an episode.

And now for more bullet points. Disclaimer:Reading more than one set of bullet points for a given episode may cause a fatal overdose. Please read S. Suikun's and Juputoru's posts responsibly.

-Why exactly is Handsome handing out lunches for free to everyone? Is this going to turn into a murder case where one person he dislikes ends up having a poisoned lunch? Have I been reading too many mysteries lately?
    -AN ELECTRIC POKEMON? ON WHAT'S PRESUMABLY AN ELECTRICITY POWERED TRAIN? Shock and awe!
    -Why yes, it makes perfect sense to rely on a pokemon to power the train instead of using some normal method.
    -The train stops for no apparent reason. And according to the conductor, there's trouble afoot! (As opposed to all the non-trouble reasons for suddenly stopping a train)
    -Instead of, you know, helping, AshnCo have some lunch outside. Honestly, the one time you might have a legitmate reason to help a random person, and you don't? I don't know you guys anymore!
    -Looker contemplates something, accompanied by Omnious Music(tm).
    -You know it's a completely irrelevent scene when they let members of Brock's team other than Croagunk exist.
    -Oh hey, Team Rocket is randomly stealing the gang's Pokemon. Wake me up when we're not in a plot straight out of Johto.
    -Welp. Two completely pointless minutes of episode and counting.
    -Looker's creeping around some old building. Time to start paying attention agai...goddamn it, TR's balloon. False alarm, everyone.
    -And the Pokemon are seperated from the gang and encountering random trouble. Yawn. I liked this episode better when it was the Canalave one. Or the island of giant pokemon one. Or the nuzleaf one...well, not that one so much.
    -I have to admit, I almost like Piplup in these scenes. Mostly because the writers are forced to remember that is has a personality.
    -Looker does detectivey stuff. But only for 30 seconds.
    -This is the worst eight minutes of DP ever. And it's still going.
    -It just keeps going and going and going without ANYTHING INTERESTING HAPPENING. AAAAAAAAAAAA
    -Looker's doing mysterious detectivey stuff right at the end. What's the point of having him in this episode when he got maybe 50 seconds of doing stuff?

In conclusion, this is the worst episode of DP ever(yes, even moreso than the cake-making Raichu ep) and if you're going to watch it, you might as well just watch the two scenes with Looker in it because nothing else is remotely interesting or important.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast