Thread: His/Her Scarf (Twinleafshipping, PG)

Default His/Her Scarf (Twinleafshipping, PG)

Hi guys (: I'm not too active on the forums, but well, I just had to post this fanfic! I replayed my Pearl version not too long ago and fell back in love with Twinleafshipping! And not too long ago, I was bitten by a certain writing bug that gave me great inspiration for a Twinleaf fanfic (something we don’t see too often around here, and it breaks my heart ;__;)

How did Jun and Hikari get their scarves? Here’s my interpretation of it, twinleaf-style :D

I fully enjoyed writting this story, (except for the middle part of the story where I feel like smacking myself too. What a stupid reason for Hikari to be sad) though the title sucks big time D: and hope that you will consider posting a review, I do like those very much :3

Note : I don't own Pokemon, the games or anything else, they all belong to their respective owners. I'm just a crazy fangirl. Oh and this fanfic can also be found on ff.net, under the same username (:

His/Her Scarf

Pure white snow began to fall from the clouded sky, the tiniest beams of sunlight filtering through the clouds and catching the snowflakes as they drifted down, causing them to glint and sparkle in the light. The frozen surface of Lake Verity shone and glistened serenely, the entire forest and all within its majestic beauty seemed to be encased in a winter wonderland.

But they didn’t notice.

Hikari and Jun were far too engaged in their snowball fight, keeping their breathing shallow and footsteps light as they darted through the snow-covered shrubs that dotted the land, their gloved hands skillfully and swiftly grabbing thick blobs of snow.

The girl grinned mischievously as she settled herself behind a tall bush, tugging the brim of her white hat over her ears as the day grew colder and the game grew more intense. She molded a perfect orb of snow with her hands, leaning back to rest her head against the bush, her long, raven black hair cascading down her back like the ripples of the sea. She listened intently, knowing that Jun was never one who would be able to keep still for long; she waited patiently for him to make the first move.

The boy crouched behind his fort of snow, hurriedly crafting snowballs with inhumane speed. This action carried on for a few more moments until Jun was finally pleased with his mountain of snow. He realeased a contented (albeit soft) sigh, wiping his forehead with his hand. The young male proceeded to carefully peek over his wall of snow, golden eyes darting from one end of the vicinity to the other, in hopes of locating his best friend. One hand clenched instinctively on a snowball as he spotted something pink near a bush. Jun couldn’t help but let a nasty smile plaster itself onto his face as he instantly recognized it as the tip of Hikari’s boot.

“Oh, Kari, you don’t know what’s going to hit you,” He snickered in a barely audible voice, resisting the gigantic urge to just bolt over to where she was and drown her from head to toe in snowballs. He raised a snowball in his left hand, and gathered up another with his right, beginning to count down to his assault.

“Ten…” his hands shook with excitement as he started.

“Nine..” his fingers twitched with anticipation.

“Eight…” Jun was about ready to explode with all his pent up energy at this point.

“AH! WHO CARES ABOUT COUNTING! HIKARI! YOU’D BETTER WATCH OUT!” The fourteen-year-old threw caution out the window and bellowed like a crazed maniac as he began showering the bush with a barrage of snowballs, his hands tossing his arsenal unrelentingly. A fiery passion that rivaled that of a Rapidash’s mane ignited to life within his eyes.

Hikari ducked and squatted closed to the ground, her hands over her head as she began chuckling hysterically at Jun’s actions. She had heard his countdown all along, and though not surprised by his final reaction, she was fully amused. She clutched the single snowball between her feet protectively as the snowballs continued raining down from above and into the leaves of the battered bush, willing herself to wait for the right moment.

Finally, Jun had run out of snowballs.

“HAHA! Now I’m sure that at least one of those snowballs hit you, Kari!” Jun stood up triumphantly, his hands to his waist as he closed his eyes and grinned proudly.

“Now, remember, the fine for losing to me was one millio-“

THWACK!

Jun fell back and landed in a dazed heap onto the forest floor, his face covered with snow. Hikari yelped as he collapsed, quickly rushing over to her friend’s side, gripping a hand to her chin as she kneeled over to have a closer look at him, a worried look upon her face.

“Oh Jun, I’m really sorry! Are you hurt?” The girl inquired with genuine concern on her face, her voice apologetic. She wiped the snow off her friend’s face, and paused, her breathing calming.

Jun looked… devastatingly handsome under the sunlight.

Hikari flushed a bright red at this thought and shook her head franticly, as if the action would dispose of that ridiculous notion and free it from her mind. Jun was her best friend! S-She had never considered him to be cute, nor did she find holding his hand enjoyable!

…. Most of the time…

Jun groaned and painstakingly lifted an eyelid, catching the image of Hikari hovering over him, a troubled look drawn on her delicate features. The girl looked like an angel under the sun, and the boy had to resist all urges to lift a hand and stroke her face. Damnit! Kari was his best friend! She had been for the past 12 years of their lives, he hadn’t ever pictured her as a lady! That would break all honors of the friend code!

And yet, Hikari had obviously grown up, her face seemed more matured and alluring as compared to before, and now there were curves in places Jun had never bothered to give a double take before. The boy reddened considerably and he knew it all too well, covering his face with a gloved hand and latching it there, despite the freezing cold. He sniffed and swallowed a sneeze.

“‘Course I’m fine!” Jun briskly regained his composure and sat up, nearly banging his head into Hkari’s. The girl edged back in the nick of time, all too familiar with the boy’s sudden movements. She allowed a relieved look to wash over her face, raising an eyebrow as she realized her best friend was shivering as he wiped off excess snow from his neck.

“Jun! You forgot your scarf again!” It really was more of an announcement than a question.

The boy shrugged, “Well yeah, who cares about a scarf? A jacket’s all you need to keep warm.”

The girl shook her head in disbelief, unwinding the white muffler around her neck and throwing it around Jun. The boy reacted instantaneously, jumping back and nearly causing Hikari to fall over in the snow. The female raised her head to look at Jun, a questioning look on her face.

“What?”

“What!” Hikari knew full well that Jun had avoided the scarf purposely.

“I don’t need that scarf! Its too girly!” Jun scoffed obstinately, folding his hands across his chest, his orange-and-white-striped jacket wrinkling ever so slightly. Hikari drew a sharp breath into her lungs at this statement, her face turning cherry red.

“Well, I say you do, so here!” Hikari stood up with unexpected energy, thrusting the neckwear towards her friend.

“You’ll have to catch me first!” Jun stuck out his tongue at her, before dashing away from her and out to the lakefront. Hikari waved her hands over her head, calling out as she began the chase.

“You know that that’s impossible! Jun! JUNNNN!”

As the girl ran after her friend, her scarf caught itself in the branches of a growing shrub, and this caused a large tear to rip through the fabric. Hikari immediately halted at the sound of cloth rupturing, her eyes widening as she realized what had happened.

---

“Ah Kari, that was a really helpless attempt that time, you didn’t even try.” Jun scratched his head as he jogged back into Lake Verity, unimpressed by the fact that he didn’t even see Hikari lagging behind while he was running. However, the boastfulness on his face contorted into apprehensiveness as he approached Hikari’s shaking figure.

“OH! Sorry Jun! Silly me.” Hikari flipped her head in his direction and forced a smile upon her face, bowing slightly in apology.

The boy was troubled, he saw her that scarf was torn and tattered, and that her eyes were red and puffy. He began to reach out a hand in comfort, but Hikari stepped away, keeping the smile upon her face as she spoke.

“I liked the scarf; my dad gave it to me before he left.” Hikari explained, choosing not to delve into further details about her father’s disappearance. Jun opened his mouth, but he just couldn’t find the right words to console her, he simply nodded, and mentally smacked himself for doing so.

“I’ll go back home first, see if I can fix it.” Hikari mumbled softly, before turning away and retreating from her friend, her heart heavy and remorseful. As much as it pained her to leave Jun, the scarf held so much sentimental value to her, Hikari could'nt afford to toss it aside just to spend more quality time with him. Yet, those few seconds, minutes and moments with Jun.. she yearned for them and treasured them. The precious memories they had made by Lake Verity was what she'd like for to continue on and on through time, never ending. The girl shook her head violently, 'Come one Hikari! Snap out of it! He's just.. Jun!' and with that, she disappeared down the road towards Twinleaf town.

“Nice going, Jun.” the male sighed regretfully as the girl's figure faded in the distance, grabbing a handful of snow off the ground and smashing it into his face. The boy just wasn’t good at conveying his feelings, let alone to Hikari. However, he just had to find a way to cheer her up, that was what best friends did, right?

---

Hikari tapped her feet against the bank of the lake, resting her chin against her knees as she gazed across the frozen surface of the water. She still felt perplexed about what had happened a few days ago at the lake; she hadn’t seen Jun since then. Was he angry at her? Hikari respired heavily, she couldn’t really blame him now, could she?

The female clutched the orange gifted wrapped present closer to her chest, burying her face into her knees and letting loose an aggravated noise that resembled that of an Ursaring’s growl. She missed Jun.

“Woah, what was that sound now? It sounded like a Gyarados.”

Hikari’s looked up, her face brightening at the voice that she had grown all too accustomed to. She saw Jun – scarfless, thankfully – grinning down at her, a pink gift grasped in one hand. The girl hopped onto her feet and gazed curiously at the package, gripping her own present tightly in her hands. She beamed in response to his goofy grin, handing over the obligatory present to him as he mimicked her.

The girl held the present in her arms, hugging it close to her, she couldn’t bear to tear the wrapping, and the present looked so beautiful, in its own unique way. One could see from the crumpled wrapping paper and excess tape that Jun had taken the effort to wrap the gift himself, and that was what Hikari loved most about it.

"Is this what you were doing for the past few days?" Hikari inquired, examining her present with interest.

"Well yeah, I'm hopeless at this kind of thing, so I borrowed a Pokemon from my dad and travelled to Veilstone just for you." Jun said, observing Hikari as she scrutinized his present to her. The girl's heart fluttered and flipped over her stomach at his words, it was useless to think that she could calm the hammering of her heart against her ribcage. Inside her head, a mini-Hikari squealed with unbridled mirth. She began cartwheeling and somersaulting around her brain, and this was coupled with a backflip or two. Outside, the real Hikari maintained full composure as she started to speak.

"Well, I put in a lot of effort into your present as well. I made it myself." She answered with a competitive edge, her hands betraying her tone as they tightened their hold onto the present Jun had given her.

“Open your present! If not, I won’t open mine!” Jun ordered, holding the orange box to his side, his fingers clenching onto the gift protectively and tenderly. He couldn’t afford to look overjoyed (even though he really, really was), he had to be manly, after all. His heart bounced up and down, to and fro, in his chest and the male was fearful that it was going to implode at any second.

Hikari nodded in response, painfully starting to tear a hole in her present, before unwrapping the entire article to reveal a mint-coloured box. She cocked an eyebrow, still having no clue to what the present was. She slowly opened the box to reveal its contents…

Jun opened his present with much less drama than Hikari, ripping off the paper without so much as a second glance and opening the white box with enthusiasm. He stared at its contents, before breaking out into a hearty laugh, Hikari joining along with him. Their laughter intertwined and melded into a light-hearted harmony that echoed through the forest and the lake.

She held up a pink scarf.

He held up a green scarf.

“Great minds think alike,” Jun crowed, slinging the scarf messily around his neck. Hikari tutted instantaneously and closed the distance between them, busying herself with tucking the scarf neatly into place and tying it firmly around his neck. Jun flinched at the intimate contact, feeling her dainty fingers upon his skin made him blush a deep crimson.

“There we go,” Hikari hummed with pride at her handiwork, skillfully doing the same with her pink scarf. Jun noted that she had slung the scarf across her neck and long hair, and proceeded to reach over the girl’s shoulder and gingerly pull her hair over the scarf. Hikari froze at his uncharacteristic actions, feeling her face warm up despite it being Winter. She lowered her head with embarrassment, snapping her eyes shut and savoring the moment.

“Hey, Kari!” Jun’s voice broke the girl from her thoughts as she looked up and nodded to her friend in acknowledgement.

“The first one to stop wearing their scarf has to pay a penalty of one-! No... Ten-! No... One hundred million yen!” Jun declared, pointing one mighty finger to the sky, his scarf whipping up and down along with his movements. It really did suit him very well. Hikari cracked a gentle smile, and nodded in agreement.

“You’re got yourself a deal.” She replied dutifully.

The boy laughed, practically brimming with confidence. He glanced at her captivating, deep blue eyes as she felt herself grow lost in his determined, lightning yellow gaze.

“... Merry Christmas, Kari.”

“... Merry Christmas, Jun.”

Pure white snow began to fall from the clouded sky, the tiniest beams of sunlight filtering through the clouds and catching the snowflakes as they fell, causing them to glint and sparkle in the light. The frozen surface of Lake Verity shone and glistened serenely, the entire forest and all within its majestic beauty seemed to be encased in a winter wonderland made just for the two of them.

But they didn’t notice.

what can I say?

This is really good =]
    I love Twinleafshipping This was written amazingly
    But Im confused about one part,

"Well yeah, I'm hopeless at this kind of thing, so I borrowed a Pokemon from my dad and travelled to Veilstone just for you." Jun said,
    The frozen surface of Lake Verity shone and glistened serenely,
    so are they in two places at once? or am I missing something? ;P

anyway, this fic was great

Thank you for your comment! I love Twinleafshipping too <3

Anyway, I think I didn't specify it clearly enough there haha ^^; Jun went to Veilstone department store to get Hikari her scarf, because he didn't know how to sew one, I guessed. That was why he was gone for a few days, but he came back to Twinleaf Town in time to give Hikari the present, at the lake. So all the while, the setting was Lake Verity, Veilstone was just some place Jun mentioned.

what can I say?

I thought it was a really sweet and cute fan fic. I am a bit fond of twinleafshipping too. I liked all the cheekyness in the fic, with Hikari and Jun messing around in the snow. The setting is perfect for a nice christmas read. I liked how Jun gives Hikari the nickname 'Kari'. I thought it gave it a nice touch to the fic and made it just the tad cuter.

“AH! WHO CARES ABOUT COUNTING! HIKARI! YOU’D BETTER WATCH OUT!” The fourteen-year-old threw caution out the window and bellowed like a crazed maniac as he began showering the bush with a barrage of snowballs, his hands tossing his arsenal unrelentingly. A fiery passion that rivaled that of a Rapidash’s mane ignited to life within his eyes.
    Jun's speech here made me laugh.

“Now, remember, the fine for losing to me was one millio-“

THWACK!
    This part made me giggle too. haha Jun got owned. XD

Overall loved it. <3

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Aww! That was so adorable! This fic was well written and it had cute humor! I know I'm more of an ikarishipper, but I love twinleafshipping too! Hikari and Jun look adorable together. The title suits the story and it's not bad at all! Some titles I see are so weird, this one really supports your story. Overall, I love the goofiness of Jun and their infatuations with each other. This story is adorable and I hope you write more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuberu View Post
    Thank you for your comment! I love Twinleafshipping too <3

Anyway, I think I didn't specify it clearly enough there haha ^^; Jun went to Veilstone department store to get Hikari her scarf, because he didn't know how to sew one, I guessed. That was why he was gone for a few days, but he came back to Twinleaf Town in time to give Hikari the present, at the lake. So all the while, the setting was Lake Verity, Veilstone was just some place Jun mentioned.
    Oh, I see ;D
    sorry about that.

& Like I said before the fic was amazing
    great job

Oh wow, was that too cute or what! Now I long for wintertime and snowball fights and scarves! OwO Haha, keep up the great work!

This fic was really cute. Each shippy scene made my stomach flutter with butterflies. There were few mistakes, Jun and Hikari were in character, and this whole fic was very descriptive. I could picture every scene so clearly.

It's saddening that there aren't many twinleafshipping fics out there. I hope that you will continue to write more of this adorable shipping. I am thinking about writing a twinleafshipping fic myself in the near future.

EHHHHH!!!!!!
    It's official! you have shone me the light!
    I'm just barely getting into twinleafshipping, and now thanks to this ship I am now an official supporter!!! YEAH!!!

anyways: WOW! I loved this ssssssssooooooooooooooooo much!
    keep up the good work!
    (Image by PD+)Click below to see my fic!! ( Advance with a hint off Pokeshipping!!! )
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post10007400

That was so sweet. I'd love to see their inside expression spazzing happily over the presents. =D
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)