Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pedal to the Mettle (599)

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    The first one wasn't Night Slash even if it was colored purple, it was Swords Dance.
    I thought it could have been Swords Dance. But Bulbapedia was reporting it as Night Slash yesterday....... *Goes to check*, Nope they fixed it now.

Anyways that was an interesting way of animating Swords Dance, I like how in DP the Pokemon morph more to suit their moves. I.e. Piplups beak grows in length for Peck, Lucario's hand spikes turn into claws for Metal Claw and now this.

I wonder if Jolteon would grow a tail for Iron Tail? However that's for another topic...
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Darn I was hoping Night Slash was going to look a bit more deadly now.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

As you might have noticed by now, I rarely have much to say about battling episodes since they involve less "zany antics" and more "things that can't be blown out of proportion in bulletpoints." That said, I watched the episode anyway. Aren't you proud?

-They're talking about Uxie already. Foreshadowing! Also, I love how quickly the animators gave up on having snow around here. They obviously hated Snow Hell as much as the rest of us did.
    -The new title screen still sucks, by the way.
    -I support and endorse Pokemon other than Croagunk doing the "stab brock when he starts getting flirty" schtick.
    -The battle field is under construction. Most would see this as a way to force the battle to wait for a while, but I see it as a cunning metaphor for Ash's gym quest in DP. Every time he arrives at a new place, ready for batle, and every time there's some issue that forces him to wait a while before he CAN battle. Deep, man.
    -Reiji brought a ref in? You know it's serious when they need someone to announce when a Pokemon is resting on the ground .02 seconds longer than is officially allowed.
    -Chimchar wants REVENGE!
    -Apparently TR aren't the only people who use hot air balloons for tranport anymore. Who knew?
    -This battle is SO SERIOUS they're bringing in the electronic scoreboard!
    -TR's wearing their invisibility suits again! And that begs the question of what that says about me and anyone else who caught that immediately despite those suits being used in only one episode 12 years ago.
    -Buizel vs Torterra. This is going to end well.
    -Ash switches right away! Ash...has a brain. And is battling well already. AMAZING. Naturally, everyone is shocked that Ash switched out his first stage water Pokemon that was facing a fully evolved Grass Pokemon.
    -This moment is so important that they show it again after the commercial break!
    -Gliscor comes out! This will go better, maybe.
    -Ash seems to be doing well...then Torterra turns everything around with Giga Drain. Then Ash...switches Gliscor out! Remember back in Kanto when battles were just Ash's starters using one attack over and over until Ash won? Amazing how this is the same show.
    -Staraptor is up next. Sensible.
    -Torterra gets one Stone Egde on Staraptor before Shinji switches it out. Also sensible.
    -It's Weavile time! Ash not-so-brightly keeps Staraptor in.
    -Staraptor wins anyway!
    -And now it's Electabuzz vs Grotle. Yawn.
    -Electabuzz gets swapped for Honchkrow. Hell yes! Ash once again isn't so bright and keeps Grotle in.
    -Grotle goes down, Pikachu wants to go in! So it does.
    -Paul swaps out Honchkrow for Obesity.
    -The ep ends on the cliffhanger of pika facing the disturbingly spherical fire Pokemon.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    What was that sickle attack Weavile was using?
    sword dance
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I have to say i go mixed feeling s myself for the battle so far i liked it and all but i didn't really get into it like i've done with other 6 on 6 battles

From the looks of things in the preview though it looks like monferno will make things really tense

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Why is it everyone seemed shocked Ash switched Buizel when he was about to fight Torterra? It can't be THAT surprising.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Everyone here, or Dawn, Brock, and Reggie?

Either way, it really isn't that big of a deal. Specially since switching pokémon is not a new concept or something.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

The battling, while entertaining, wasn't deep within itself. But I really would like to know what Reiji kept yammering on about. I like to pretend there's some semblance of a story going on.

And... wow, the Turtwig line just wasn't having a good day that day. Flying types were muking things up all over the place.

I'm happy that Paul didn't get stressed over the loss of Weavile. The useless thing. But his grin when Grotle stayed in was priceless. The main thing I love about Paul is that calm exterior.

The episode as a whole was alright, but the battle didn't exactly have that "edge of my seat"-ish kind of feeling to it, much thanks to Hikari's, Takeshi's and Reiji's constant blabbering. It felt like it was more talking than actual battling during the battle...

In addition, they played the battle bgm i dislike the most two times in a row... What was up with that? That awful movie 9 bgm needs to go into the garbage can right away :/

Wow. I guess Chimchar does evolve after all. I can't wait to see the look on Paul's face when this happens!
    Last edited by pokeguru; 14th June 2009 at 8:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeguru View Post
    Can it be that Chimchar will evolve into Monferno in this battle?
    Yes, because it's right there in the preview for the next episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyVaati View Post
    Yes, because it's right there in the preview for the next episode.
    You were right.

I loved how Grotle and Honchkrow are starting a rivalry now, but doesn't it seem like an odd pairing? I always thought it would be Staraptor and Honchkrow... oh well.

Well, Grotle was somewhat disappointing but Gliscor made up for him in spades. Staraptor was quite impressive, Even if I dislike it. And the reaction when Magmortor came was classic.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Who says it is a rivalry? People are just tossing that word around these days.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

-Gliscor has increased in strength, or maybe Torterra decreased in strength, or maybe it was Paul not ordering Torterra to do anything when Ash was spamming his skillz.

-Dawn and the idoits got shocked when Ash switch Buizel out. I wonder why.

-Purple scythe thing couldn't have been Swords Dance-Honchkrow used it to attack Grotle. Speaking of Grotle, i don't want to speak about it, since the writers like to shove it aside so much

-Nice to see Light Screen carried over, but Dawn and the idoits just like to keep on talking, huh?

-Preview shows Monferno as expected, and it learns Mach Punch as spectaculated earlier on. Seems like Monferno is a huge threat(I'm glad it is)

-The episode was pretty meh. i'd give it a 7/10 , but the constant talking and lousy music urges me to hate this episode. 4/10 it is.

Not the most "remarkable" episode i've seen. One of the lousiest battles i've seen in DP, TBH.(Besides the Grotle VS. Swampert)

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Who says it is a rivalry? People are just tossing that word around these days.
    Actually, this is the first time in a while that the term 'rivalry' has been used where it's needed. Grotle has actually shown signs of wanting to get back at Honchkrow.

Whereas with the Gliscor's, the birds, etc...People have just assumed there's a rivalry due to the typing/Pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Gliscor rivalry as much as the next guy, but as of yet, there isn't one.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by cloudk View Post
    -The episode was pretty meh. i'd give it a 7/10 , but the constant talking and lousy music urges me to hate this episode. 4/10 it is.

Not the most "remarkable" episode i've seen. One of the lousiest battles i've seen in DP, TBH.(Besides the Grotle VS. Swampert)
    I agree. Brock and Reggie need to shut up! It felt like it even wasn't a battle... I've never experienced this much sideline talk during a battle before. Totally ruined it...

Quote Originally Posted by cloudk View Post
    -Nice to see Light Screen carried over, but Dawn and the idoits just like to keep on talking, huh?
    I seriously wanted to break something with the amount of talking that went on instead of battle footage in this episode.

So damn irritating. D:

The kiddies need Brock and Reggie to explain every little thing that goes on in the battle.

But yeah, I always find it ridiculous the amount of time they spent on Brock literally explaining things we already know or just saw.

In this battle they really went overboard with explaining though.

And that's probably why I couldn't watch much of it.

Edit: After watching this episode to the end. Yeah, all the talking really brought the battle down. Not only that, but Magmortar's fire (on its body) is kind of lame.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 18th June 2009 at 10:55 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Erm I starting to think ash souldve never traded ambipom but its o late know but I cant wait to see monferno

At watching this, ok, Grotle does seem to have a rivalry with Honchkrow...
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    Erm I starting to think ash souldve never traded ambipom but its o late know but I cant wait to see monferno
    Better Ambipom disappear than Buizel, I seriously don't see why people think Buizel's suddenly weak.

Sure, it lost in one match, but I still believe it has some potential to kick butt later in the series. It's not any of Ash's other pokémon could easily blow away Steelix and Ursaring...
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast