Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pedal to the Mettle (599)

haha,
    I really loved how Ash thought he was gonna get the advantage,
    and next thing you know Magmortar's out and he's kicking ***!
    Ash needs to bring back reserves if he wants to beat Paul!!

And I'm getting a little effing sick of Brock taking up the whole damn episode explaining every possible angle of the battle, even after it was just demonstrated.

Paul's pokemon are so tough!

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

On the subject of a lot of dialog, I think this battle was a lot more psychological than matches in Pokemon usually are, hence a bit less action and more talk in it.

Very interesting episode.

I felt like I was watching a Pokemon League battle.

9/10

pikachu, buizel, gliscor, monferno, grotle, staraptor, ash
    u all still won in my hearts
    i am a pikachu and this is mew, buizel, shaymin, pachirisu, and buneary

vacation to st.louis on augest 8th to 12th

LETS ALL CELEBRATE

Wonderfull episode...i love it if the battles are so die-hard great!
    Paul got some strong Pokemon
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I'm glad I haven't been let down by this battle...yet. Points of loving though are:
    1. Pikachu on the tray to be healed. Cute as a button. (I still like Pikachu WAY more than the penguin)
    2. Lucky the Chansey taking out Brocko.
    3. Shinji being slightly changed after his Pyramid Battle, he actually knows what he is doing!
    4. Reiji! Also, even better is that he practically criticises Ash for not changing his pok&#233;s round, calling back old favourites, just as many of us do!
    5. How dramatic the burn status is.

The main thing I wonder about though is Shinji's Weavile. I think, in comparison to his others, it is incredibly weak, and nearly always loses straight away. I don't know why Shinji still has it on his team. Should've given Azumarill more or a chance! (I'll never forgive him for that...)
    Last edited by Anyone 4 Buttons?; 18th July 2009 at 11:34 PM.

Do the Robot!

Ha so I just watched this episode-
    1. Ok seriously can we stop with the GIANT EXPLOSION YOU DON'T KNOW IF THE OTHER POKEMON IS KO'd.
    2. Who the heck would want to be a referee? Do they have to go to a special school to see if pokemon have swirls in their eyes?
    3. Oh Rocket Dan... You and your crazy outfits.
    2. No seriously... Who would want to do that?
    4. Manyula died way to quickly.
    5. Muku.Hawk is acting more and more plane like, seriously.
    6. Booburn! That thing is ugly, almost as ugly as Bouysel.
    7. So just calling Pikachu to your side stops it from being burned but walking forward causes it to burst into flames?
    8. Oh wow they totally changed the way light screen worked in the anime before, everything is becoming more and more game like.
    9. Yay! Hikozaru evolved! He sounds really weird now though... >_>;
    10. I don't understand what stopped Pikachu from fighting again, he looked perfectly fine, also how did he sink into that lake when Satoshi could just wade right through it?

Anyway this was a good hour episode! ^_^
    ~Love--Dance~

Quote Originally Posted by ~Angelic_Hymn~ View Post
    7. So just calling Pikachu to your side stops it from being burned but walking forward causes it to burst into flames?
    Lol! I know, a bit weird but again it's the in-game rules so...
    :|: PLEASE SIGN MY PETITION TO GET MIRACLE CONTACT RELEASED :|:
    Time Remaining: 15 Weeks || Total Number of Sigatures so far: 810
    I have noticed a lot of people signing for Turkey and the USA. If you are signing using fake names and countries would you please REMOVE these signatures as I do not want my petition to be invalidated by such action.

OMG! This is THE most anticipated Episode for me, yet. I can't wait when it'll come out in English. I was never so excited for an anime episode except when those 1st reigon episodes came out. THIS IS AWESOME!
    Current Black 2 Team

The final team member wanders yet...

I'm pretty sure that the rivalry between the Ash and Paul hasn't dropped yet.
    I don't know why but I really REALLY hate Paul! and yet I try to look for him in every episode. I just hope that at the Sinnoh league Paul gets his butt thoughouly kicked by Ash and that hopefully he'll change his ways, or maybe his Pokemon will turn against him (unlikely but I hope so). I also hope that Ash's entire team (save Pikachu) will have fully evolved by the time he finishes Sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by ST8 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the rivalry between the Ash and Paul hasn't dropped yet.
    I don't know why but I really REALLY hate Paul! and yet I try to look for him in every episode. I just hope that at the Sinnoh league Paul gets his butt thoughouly kicked by Ash and that hopefully he'll change his ways, or maybe his Pokemon will turn against him (unlikely but I hope so). I also hope that Ash's entire team (save Pikachu) will have fully evolved by the time he finishes Sinnoh.
    NO! That would be torture for the fans! The idea is that you're not supposed to like him. And so finally a great recurring rival has been made. They should NEVER change his characteristics. He's just so awesome like that! His Pokemon aren't going to turn on him, it's not like they have no idea what's going on and suddenly they will....

I disagree. A lot of people, including me like Paul.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

The single most intertaining episode of the entire season, even if Ash lost miserably.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

On another note, I think the dub titles absolutely suck. What is wrong with just keeping it simple for once? Ash VS Paul, Part 1.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    On another note, I think the dub titles absolutely suck. What is wrong with just keeping it simple for once? Ash VS Paul, Part 1.
    Yes i think the names could be better.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    PUSA prefers making "punning" titles is all.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    Yes i think the names could be better.
    I like the puns :O

Seeing as how the episode airs in america saturday and I haven't spoiled it for myself by reading the posts in this thread. My thoughts about this episode are that Paul will once again fall to Ash as he did in the past except on one occasion I believe but, maybe the anime creators will throw a little twist into the plot in this episode but, I mean Ash did manage to beat Brandon which Paul and his brother Reggie could not so that makes him already better than Paul but who knows I'll just have to see on Saturday
    Currently:

Playing Blackand White

The episode was a terrific start for the rivalry between Ash and Paul and thank goodness I got up one hour early before the show came on.

The schedule said 7:30 and . . . it was at 7 AM. Thus, I missed the episode. It wasn't in widescreen either but that might just have been me.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 7th November 2009 at 12:44 PM.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    The schedule said 7:30 and . . . it was at 7 AM. Thus, I missed the episode. It wasn't in widescreen either but that might just have been me.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DP131

According to what the "Trivia" states, it's due to Standard definition and High definition. Basically if you have Direct TV, you have two options available: watch it on a normal channel or watch in HD where available. However, if you have separate television sets (one HD or one standard) then it will change depending on the audience's view. Unless I'm correct. Also, I've watched the HD version of the show it was in 16:9 ratio so the version you must watched was in 4:3 ratio.

Yeah, I missed the episode too. D: Guess its time I have to wake up at a new time for Pokemon episodes?

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

So I take it that we should check at 7:00 am now? (Eastern Time at least) I missed the episode because of the TV listings. I wonder why it aired at 7. Either way, I saw the Japanese one. I'll just give it a 9/10. And I was really looking forward to the Engish Airing. Hopefully You Tube pulled through.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    The episode was a terrific start for the rivalry between Ash and Paul and thank goodness I got up one hour early before the show came on.
    Lucky you. I slept in. Good thing I had it on my DVR
    This episode was great, with all the flashbacks and all.
    Too bad it wasn't an hour special...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLee View Post
    Lucky you. I slept in. Good thing I had it on my DVR
    This episode was great, with all the flashbacks and all.
    Too bad it wasn't an hour special...lol.
    Well, if you live in Eastern US and it recorded at 7:30, it was really on at 7. It probably wasn't a one hour special to hold suspense. It wasn't even a one hour special in Japan!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast