Thread: Unable to Connect to Wi-Fi

Default Unable to Connect to Wi-Fi

I've been trying to use the Wi-Fi in any of my games, but none of them seem to work. I can use it outside of any DS games (For example, I can go on the internet on my DSi) but I can't seem to get it to work in my games.

Any help?

There's no help because your problem isn't a problem. Likely, you're using your DSi to access a wireless connection with a security protocol other than WEP. DSi-exclusive functions can do that; previous DS titles cannot and require a wireless connection using the WEP protocol in order to access their online functions.

tl;dr: A Pokémon title needs a WEP-enabled connection to go online even though the DSi is capable of using connections with WPA and other protocols.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    There's no help because your problem isn't a problem. Likely, you're using your DSi to access a wireless connection with a security protocol other than WEP. DSi-exclusive functions can do that; previous DS titles cannot and require a wireless connection using the WEP protocol in order to access their online functions.

tl;dr: A Pokémon title needs a WEP-enabled connection to go online even though the DSi is capable of using connections with WPA and other protocols.
    But that's the problem. It is a WEP connection.

When I search for an access point, it comes up with this:

(My access point name) - Golden Lock - 3 Bars

I click it, it comes up with a screen that says:
    "A security key is needed to connect to this access point. Enter the security key and then tap OK."
    and on the bottom it says:
    "This access point is secure."
    With a box that says "WEP"

The only other thing I might need to mention, is that I cannot connect to ANYTHING, including the internet on my DSi, unless I put my connection point in the "Advanced Setup" area.

Any help? I still can't get it to work. Even without any security whatsoever.

Have you tried entering the security key? You know, the one it asks for?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post

Have you tried entering the security key? You know, the one it asks for?
    Of course......-_-

Have you tried entering the right WEP key?

Er..if you have the correct WEP key it would let you in..Case sensitive by the way..

If it still doesn't work, call you ISP and confirm that you have the right key.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr. View Post
    Er..if you have the correct WEP key it would let you in..Case sensitive by the way..

If it still doesn't work, call you ISP and confirm that you have the right key.
    I have the correct WEP key, I know it is the right one because I got it directly from my Router settings.

I tried both all caps and non-caps. Neither work. -_-