Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Evolving Strategy (600)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander L. Halsti View Post
    Paul is actively using abilities and status ailments, like nobody has done before. When Ursaring used Bulk Up, Ash said:˝...Nah, who cares!˝. That describes his skill level and observing the battle situation perfectly. Also, when Chimchar evolved, Ash got his spirit way up, thinking he can win. No common sense at all. I'm glad he lost, but why the heck did TR root for the twerp??
    they've touched on this before.. and said that being beaten so many times by the twerp, and then somone else beating ash makes them look even more pathetic..so they feel that they need pikachu and ash's other pokemon to be strong so they do not feel completly useless, as well asthem spending so much time to steal a pokemon that they feel are incredibly strong only to have that pokemon get it's buitt handed to them,.. how are they to feel,.. they do nto want to feel they are wasting their time. Not to mention..they deep down are good at heart and sometimes even they know when not to mess with ash..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

This episode was hot! Shinji was really 2 steps ahead of Ash during their battle. Ash really needs to plan ahead the next time he faces Shinji.

after seeing the dubbed version of this and the whole battle on just chimchar evolving part on I can say Ash officially got beaten badly. Part of me wants them to tie then battle again just with the reserves or a mix of the shinnoh pokes and their reserves. I also think Paul respects Ash now just because of his last comment agreeing with reggie that it was a great battle.
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

That was one of the best episodes ever and I really hope that Ash has learnt his lesson from this match, so that Sinnoh may not end as such a pain in the butt, after all...

This is Dragonite. If you think that Dragonite is better then & then copy and paste this into your signature. Started by misunderstoodhero.

-------------------------------------

My Fave Duel - Atem VS Raphael II (YGO! DM Episode 174 -176)

Ok, people keep talking about thinking that the writers are making Gliscor look weak after getting knocked out by Torterra's Frenzy Plant. But does nobody remember the damage Gliscor dished out to Torterra in the first part, or the tremendous damage that Gliscor ended up taking from Torterra's Giga Drain and Crunch in the first part?
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

I'm surprised that the writers had the guts to make Ash lose.

I was beginning to think that he'd never lose.

that was a great battle and Paul's awesome!!!! o yea and monferno looks goofy in the anime
    GO REDSOX!!!!GO PATRIOTS!!!!GO CELITICS!!!!

Bros wit black-belt blaziken!!!

The battle wasn't as exciting as many people have tried to make it sound. It wasn't anything special about the battle besides the fact that Chimchar evolved. While on the subject of Chimchar's evolution, I'm happy that the writers didn't decide to let Ash make a comeback because Chimchar evolved since evolution usually turns the tide of battle.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

So Monferno didn't use Blaze...I'm sure other people already knew that, but it was news to me.

Last episode made it obvious that Ash was going to lose. Even Ash realized he was in way over his head; his lack of enthusiasm after Staraptor defeated Weavile showed he sensed Paul was out to humiliate him. And this was utter humiliation. Ash never had a chance. But I appreciate how far he's come as a trainer. He still tried to be optimistic in the battle until Monferno finally fainted. And he said nothing stupid or arrogant to Paul after he lost. This loss stung, but he kept it mostly to himself. I would be really interested to know what Ash was thinking at the moment. It's funny. Sinnoh has shown us a few times Dawn's innermost thoughts, but with Ash we really haven't seen them. All we see is his hat come over his eyes. It gives me a sense of his maturity as a trainer as opposed to Dawn's inexperience, and I think it's an interesting contrast.
    I'm sure alot of gamers felt Ash got what he deserved when he said who cares that Paul used Bulk Up.
    Last edited by wind21; 15th November 2009 at 3:50 AM.

One of the most intense and breath-taking battles ever, though, with a disappointing and extremly painful outcome for Ash.

Two things proved decisive for Paul's win:

Firstly, his Pokemon are simply way too strong. Ash, you've gotta admit that recently you have obviously been too careless when it comes to training. How long has it been since we last saw you actually train your Pokemon properly? Way too long...
    Ash, sorry, but it seems that you haven't done your homework.

Secondly, Ash didn't battle particularly cleverly. It may sound hard, but most of what he did was old hat and too predictable. I mean let's analyze it in detail:
    Take the battles Ursaring vs. Buizel, Ursaring vs. Staraptor or Torterra vs. Gliscor: Ash's strategy, if he actually had one, consisted of ordering rash, direct attacks with could easily be blocked by Paul's Pokemon.
    Consider this: What are Ursaring's strong points? Brute close range attacks (I'm not counting Focus Blast ,because this attack is a relatively small "ball" which could normally be dodged with ease)
    So, Ash why IN THE WORLD do you think that you can defeat Pual with attacks which one the one hand can easily be repelled by Ursaring and which on the other hand require your own Pokemon to come dangerously near to Paul's Pokemon which also means that the former are within the range of the physical attacks of the latter.
    So, in case a Pokemon does not know attacks which can be launched from a safe distance as it goes for Staraptor or Gliscor, you first have to confuse or trick your opponent or dodge his counter-attack before you attack him directly.

So, instead of just attacking blindly and overhastily from the front, develop a strategy in your mind, Ash, for God's sake.

Ok, but to do Ash justice a little bit, we also musn't forget that Paul was extremly lucky as well. Not only were two of Ash's Pokemon affected by Burn and Paralysis by chance, but also did Ursaring benefit from its ability which was a huge advantage that mustn't be underestimated. Otherwise, I'm sure that the battle wouldn't have resulted in a 6-2 but probably in a 6-4 or even better.

And finally the great and breath-taking Elecatbuzz vs. Chimchar/Monferno part. wow , just wow! It really knocked my socks off and it was one of the most intense and exciting battles I've ever seen. However, it was extremly unfair that after landing such powerful and impressive attacks, Monferno wasn't allowed to win...Shame on you, writers!
    Anyways, I guess I have found a new favorite Pokemon in Ash's team...at least until he hopefully gets his new *****

Despite the deeply distressing outcome for Ash, the episode was rousing and exciting and I took the greatest pleasure in watching it! Keep it up, writers! That's how battles should look like in the future

8 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Alright, I saw what I missed and the whole episode recorded this time. The whole battle was awesome! At the end, I don't think Paul's smile was where he thought he was better. When Reggie said he didn't see that look on Paul's face, Paul quickly said he'd give Reggie his Pok&#233;mon. Maybe Paul is starting to change his ways?

10/10
    The episode was just simply amazing. Chimchar evolving was awesome and Iwane being the animation director for this episode made it even better!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

One thing Ash must change is the handeling of paul his tactics

the "ah who cares" when Ursaring used bulk up shows how Ash thinks and as show he thought wrong, not everything stands on using attacking moves

I really don't get how people are thinking Ursaring just wiped the floor with Gliscor. Gliscor took tons of damage during the battle with Torterra.

And it isn't that Paul's Pokemon are more powerful/higher evolution/whatever. Ash, and many others, have overcome that before. But Paul had the advantage of whatever Pokemon, while Ash stuck with the same 6.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

^Yeah but Ursaring is a fricken tank.

Anyway I feel that this kind of set a good platform for the Sinnoh league. Hopefully Ash will open his eyes and start to train his pokemon right now.

BTW did anyone notice when pikachu used thunderbolt it looked like thunder used to look. Like it ripped the rocks out of the ground. I really loved that because pikachu's old thunder was awesome. Not nearly as boss as volt tackle though.
    Volt Tackle's #1 fan
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/s2fn76.jpg[/IMG]
    Diamond fc:4468 1368 0835 ign: psfrag
    Heart Gold fc:4555 2145 5815 ign: psfrag

Fan Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    You do know that Gliscor lost 'cause of the damage he received in part 1, right?
    Darn it, I knew I miss a part. I did see both episodes but I didn't see the part where Gliscor took alot of damage.

wow paul dominated this episode, even though he is a huge turd nugget i have a new respect for him now. but i think monferno showed a lot of promise in his first battle and ash need to get his buizel under control it just makes so many mistakes in so many battles and not returing in this battle just made it worse

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    I really don't get how people are thinking Ursaring just wiped the floor with Gliscor.
    Wtf Gliscor didn't even go against Ursaring....
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Alright, I saw what I missed and the whole episode recorded this time. The whole battle was awesome! At the end, I don't think Paul's smile was where he thought he was better. When Reggie said he didn't see that look on Paul's face, Paul quickly said he'd give Reggie his Pok&#233;mon. Maybe Paul is starting to change his ways?

10/10
    The episode was just simply amazing. Chimchar evolving was awesome and Iwane being the animation director for this episode made it even better!
    I agree, I think Paul is started to respect Ash because he realizes if Ash had a functioning brain he might very well lose to him.

oh yeah and I think he was impressed Chimchar evolved into Monferno because he wanted to win so badly.
    Last edited by raichu2626; 16th November 2009 at 5:03 AM.
    Volt Tackle's #1 fan
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/s2fn76.jpg[/IMG]
    Diamond fc:4468 1368 0835 ign: psfrag
    Heart Gold fc:4555 2145 5815 ign: psfrag

Fan Fiction

I watched this episode a couple days ago. It was a good battle, but too bad Ash lost. But at least Chimchar evolved into Monferno.

I kinda like counter shield go pikachu but pikachu is in burn condition
    Farewell Dawn~sept.28 2006 to sept.9 2010

I just watched this episode about an hour ago and it was pretty good. Paul's Ursaring is extremely powerful, violent, and scary. I love how it just Hammer Arms everything. I wasn't surprised that Paul won and Ol' Ashy boy suffered another defeat by his hands but that's nothing new, at least he has a Monferno now.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/v6ut6r.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Since my memory has failed me to this time, there will be no BP summary coming from me about this episode, so unless I can watch it again to refresh it, I'll skip to the bottom line for this.

Basically, the main reason why Ash lost this fight was because he never developed a working strategy against Paul, whilst his worked like a charm. What's really annoying about this is that he's got more Pokemon than Paul has, most likely. If he would have brought along his Heracross & Glalie to participate in this (& also teach Heracross Feint & Brick Break beforehand,) he would have most likely won. But nooooo!!! He has to use the exact same Pokemon he caught in Sinnoh in this fight, like the nOOb that he is! There are a bunch more things that he did in this fight that I could criticize about, but this is, IMO, the factor that brought along Ash's crushing loss. I wouldn't be surprised if people will agree with me on this.

*goes back to playing Borderlands*

Quote Originally Posted by Brumrha View Post
    Since my memory has failed me to this time, there will be no BP summary coming from me about this episode, so unless I can watch it again to refresh it, I'll skip to the bottom line for this.

Basically, the main reason why Ash lost this fight was because he never developed a working strategy against Paul, whilst his worked like a charm. What's really annoying about this is that he's got more Pokemon than Paul has, most likely. If he would have brought along his Heracross & Glalie to participate in this (& also teach Heracross Feint & Brick Break beforehand,) he would have most likely won. But nooooo!!! He has to use the exact same Pokemon he caught in Sinnoh in this fight, like the nOOb that he is! There are a bunch more things that he did in this fight that I could criticize about, but this is, IMO, the factor that brought along Ash's crushing loss. I wouldn't be surprised if people will agree with me on this.

*goes back to playing Borderlands*
    I agree. Ash has a lot of good and powerful pokemon but he needs to learn how to rotate and use his reserves if he's ever gonna become a better trainer.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/v6ut6r.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Man, Monferno is one heck of a speed demon. Seriously, give him a soda and he will go into hyper-time.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Ridiculous. No other word for it.

DEM Ursaring, an Electabuzz that gets walloped by Dig and doesn't even flinch, and constant protection move spamming made this excuse for an episode a complete joke imho. I know the Anime doesn't follow the games, but this is one instance where it should - the protection move spamming should have resulted in at least one failed attempt, but no - we get pathetic DEM instead.
    Last edited by Blastizard; 16th November 2009 at 3:52 PM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast