Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolving Strategy (600)

If Ash's pokemon learn new moves, drive with their determination due to their love to their trainer to devote him to trai harder, then Ash will defeat Paul in the Sinnoh League. This is the last time that Ash lost to a jerkface.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

slightly off topic, but the fact just appeared in ma head after all this talk about abilities ~
    weird how we haven't ever seen charizard's blaze. it's been on low hp a loooooot of times... the writers must've forgotten it had the ability back in the days. just imagine how powerful it'll be with blaze activated sometihng to look forward to.

Won't pikachu be the one learning brick break instead? Mach Punch looks like a keeper to me as it's easily more spammable, which is always a good thing in the anime.

Pikachu's movepool is also stagnant so it'd be good to see some changes. Hence maybe Brick Break will get taught to Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudk View Post
    Won't pikachu be the one learning brick break instead? Mach Punch looks like a keeper to me as it's easily more spammable, which is always a good thing in the anime.

Pikachu's movepool is also stagnant so it'd be good to see some changes. Hence maybe Brick Break will get taught to Pikachu.
    Yeah some new attacks would be nice for Pikachu.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Pikachu goes to level 1 every time a new region is introduced. What ever happened to Pikachu's Agility? It is a good speedy defensive move that Ash hasn't used in ages. Not to mention Thunder has been pretty much been abandoned. Pikachu just battles constantly spamming Thunderbolt and Iron Tail. Ash should be using Pikachu's speed first and then his power. It doesn't matter if Pikachu has attacks like Volt Tackle. Is still a Pikachu and it will get pounded by Pokemon bigger than him which is over 90% of the Pokemon roster.

Now let's go to Monferno. Monferno activates Blaze and what does Ash do? He uses a Fighting type move. Shouldn't he be using a Fire type move?

Ash isn't battling like he has been in 3 Pokemon league tournaments and the Battle Frontier before. He's battling like a inexperience trainer that just started. Paul battles like a guy that has been in the league before.

Ash seriously needs some training after this. Maybe teach Pikachu and new move and I wouldn't be surprised if Monferno learns Brick Break somewhere down the line to counter Light Screen. Ash will probably stick to his current team until the league but I wouldn't mind a couple of extra captures. Buizel will evolve for sure after that *** whopping by Ursaring.

Speaking of Ursaring. How many attacks did it took to go down? It was just ridiculous.

Ash needs to rotate his Pokemon. At least he should use his old ones in training sections with the new ones.
    Total Shinies 233

My DP Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rampardo View Post
    slightly off topic, but the fact just appeared in ma head after all this talk about abilities ~
    weird how we haven't ever seen charizard's blaze. it's been on low hp a loooooot of times... the writers must've forgotten it had the ability back in the days. just imagine how powerful it'll be with blaze activated sometihng to look forward to.
    Lol that would be nice :P

Well I was wrong about one thing. Paul didn't insult Ash like I thought he would. Especially with that beating, I thought for sure he'd be ******. But Paul smiled. O_O However something he said made Ash grit his teeth. What it was I don't know I don't speak Japanese.

As one-sided as the battle may have seemed it was really good. The next few episodes after this should show Ash developing unless of course the writers want to screw us over in DP 133 and have him happy by the end of that. Which I hope they don't do.

Quote Originally Posted by catzeye View Post
    As one-sided as the battle may have seemed it was really good. The next few episodes after this should show Ash developing unless of course the writers want to screw us over in DP 133 and have him happy by the end of that. Which I hope they don't do.
    The longer Ash is depressed the longer it takes for Ash to start training. I for one hope Ash is done being depressed in DP 133.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    The longer Ash is depressed the longer it takes for Ash to start training. I for one hope Ash is done being depressed in DP 133.
    Pearlshippers are going to enjoy seeing Dawn care for Ash for the whole duration, I reckon. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by cubone 653487 View Post
    the battle was allsome but it was kinda of predicable that paul would win. he has a ou team with the right moves. ash does that "beary get by thing". but still cool i liked how blaze was actavited and at the end paul seemed to like the battle and not critazize ash for being weak...
    People only knew Paul was going to win because of this manga scan that shows Ash crying, and his Monferno evolved. And this manga scan came out one or two weeks prior to the first part of the full battle.

Tiers don't have an affect in the anime, so there's no reason to bother considering that as an excuse for strength. Really, it's more or less funny how most of Paul's pokémon aren't even OU (Torterra, Ursaring, Hariyama, Lairon, Electabuzz, Magmortar, Honchkrow, and Nidoking are ALL not in OU)

Actually, Ash has the same amount of OU pokémon as Paul, so I see why you're whining about Paul's pokémon at all, unless you think all Not-Fully Evolved pokémon are weak or something.
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

I kind of expected this, but I guess they seem to think that your happiness from the evolution wipes out all the angry/sadness of a loss. The day Ash finally wins will be surprising.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/vopwtk.png[/IMG]
    munch munch munch..

I hope that Ash's roster will take this defeat as a challenge and try themselves to be stronger - learning new moves, perfecting older ones etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Maybe so but wouldn't that be saying that when it matters most real strategy isn't necessary?

Because think about it, the reason Ash is elaborate, is because of how his creative strategies work. Saying that Ash can't be creative, which is one of the things Ash is known for, is (in my opinion) telling Ash he's a pathetic trainer.

The problem is conventional methods don't work for Ash (aka Paul's strategies) because Ash usually loses when he's straightforward, he lost to Fantina because of this. So Ash had to find a viable counter for hypnosis, which he did with counter shield.

See the main problem with the whole thing is they are already saying contest like tactics give them the edge in battle. While I agree that shouldn't work with Paul, I don't think its necessary to tell Ash, in order to beat lots of powerful trainers, is to be straight forward.

Because as I said, Ash has tried that, and lost, why the sudden full circle?

Edit: I should point out that Ash has been relentless, in fact with Gardenia's Cherubi, he did a three move combo just to knock it out.
    He has to be elaborate to cover for his weaknesses. Because he chooses not to accept the fact that certain Pokemon are simply better than others, he works from an inherent disadvantage. While any Pokemon can be powerful, if you make a strong Pokemon stronger, while the deviation might not be as large, it will most likely be stronger than if a weak one were trained instead.

What I found interesting was that Paul did not try to dodge Ash's attacks. Rather, he used the fact that he had a speed disadvantage to counter each of Ash's attacks. Almost every blow on Pikachu, Staraptor and Buizel was a result of using an attack to overwhelm theirs. Electabuzz, though fast, wasn't trained to dodge and instead uses defensive techniques.

Though it may be inevitable, I hope they don't teach Ash's Pokemon Feint and Brick Break. That would seem, to me, to be the real cop-out. Ash needs to improve his own style to overcome those moves.

Wow what an Awesome battle. Ursaring is a beast, from this battle and seeing how much fun the writers and animators seem to have with it I can see it sticking around. With it defiantly reappearing in their League battle.

In regards to the status problems and abilities, I don't know why people are moaning so much that its "Cheap". They are all legitimate battle effects which could easily all have happened in a real competitive game based battle. Its a Fact that Static and Flame Body work on contact moves, which is what happened and so is fair. Guts its designed to give you an advantage from getting hit by a status problems so why is that so "Cheap" to see it used in the anime? As for Light Screen protecting the other Pokemon, again that's perfectly understand as that's how Light Screen works. Ok it dose not stop attacks like a protect shield, by the anime has done it like that since Johto. Paul may have got lucky, but something you just do.

Personally I think it was a great battle. and one of the closest Anime > Game battles seen to date. Atleast there was no Ice Aqua Jets or "Aim for the Horns"
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 19th June 2009 at 8:56 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post

Personally I think it was a great battle. and one of the closest Anime > Game battles seen to date. Atleast their was no Ice Aqua Jets or "Aim for the Horns"
    What is so bad about ice aqua jet? I think it's a legitimate tactic.

Even an avid gamer needs to realize that the games are in no way perfect or realistic. Seriously how can someone not see vine whip being used to close something's mouth and prevent it from attacking (like flamethrower).

Just because it's not in the games is really a poor excuse considering the games have limitations, and balances.

The only one tactic is yes "Aim for the horn" is completely dismissing the game at hand. Since Electric types don't effect ground types. But how are any of these creative strategies, contradicting the game? And not being in the games doesn't mean it's a contradiction.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Ice Aqua Jet shouldn't work;
    1) because it cuts off the source of propulsion by freezing the water
    2) because it removes the fluidity of the attack
    3) because frozen is supposed to be a negative status and you shouldn't be able to make any actions when frozen.

I just want to applaud the anime and the direction its now going in. It's having Ash's pokemon evolve, it's letting the bad guys win every now and then, and characters are starting to have real flaws and depth.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    This episode was one of the animes best, I don't care Ash got creamed. Battle-wise, it honestly doesn't get much better than this.

Although Ursaring's strength was insane at point. How goddamn strong is that thing?
    This. Everything's worse with bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Ice Aqua Jet shouldn't work;
    1) because it cuts off the source of propulsion by freezing the water
    2) because it removes the fluidity of the attack
    3) because frozen is supposed to be a negative status and you shouldn't be able to make any actions when frozen.
    1. If I understand the laws of physics correctly, nothing can be stopped except by an equal or more powerful motion. Meaning Buizel's aqua jet was already in motion, so it wouldn't make sense for all of a sudden Buizel to fall down hit the ground at a 90 degree angle (as you seem to be implying). There is/was enough propulsion to make it work. Or did you not watch the first episode it had in it when Ice Aqua Jet failed because Buizel wasn't used to it.

2. Not entirely sure what you mean by fluidity of the attack, really because it's not like Ice Aqua Jet is going faster or the same speed as the aqua jet.

3. You can't claim that because a Pokemon has never been frozen while performing an attack. And I mean in the games. Freeze only works when the opponent's foe is at rest (not its turn) hits the foe, freezes and thus the Pokemon can't do anything. Buizel's aqua jet is already set in motion, so it's not like Buizel was frozen, and then used Ice Aqua Jet. Besides we can't know for sure if Buizel's aqua jet acts as some sort of shield to prevent full freezing , which would be moot regardless because like I said Buizel's aqua jet was already in motion. Something can't just suddenly stop for no reason other than aqua jet was frozen.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 19th June 2009 at 9:32 PM.

When Buizel used that technique against Lanturn, he steered it. Such a thing should've been impossible. The only way you should be able to take control of a move that isn't your own is if you've psychic abilities, which Buizel doesn't.

EDIT: And by fluidity, Aqua Jet moves the way it does because it surrounds the user in water, giving him access to agility he wouldn't otherwise possess. Being surrounded by ice prevents that.
    Last edited by Bliksem; 19th June 2009 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    When Buizel used that technique against Lanturn, he steered it. Such a thing should've been impossible. The only way you should be able to take control of a move that isn't your own is if you've psychic abilities, which Buizel doesn't.
    Which is why I brought up the "shield", the way Buizel controlled that ice aqua jet, seemed to have more to do with physical strength more than anything.

Another note...that first Mach Punch was extremely awesome.

Why am I NOT surprised to see a specific person´s post over at bulba?
    Ranting like crazy without seeing one of the best battles and episodes in the whole episode was too predictable...just like Satoshi´s loss.

Anyway, like I said, a VERY good, thrilling two-parter. Even though I knew the outcome I was at the edge of my seat when I watched this 2-parter. And believe me, this doesn´t happen very often to me ( the last time I was THIS thrilled was Haruka´s Kanto GF battle against Shuu).

Glion´s battle in part 1 was very entertaining and stunning, I felt its quick breakdown in part 2 was a bit forced in order to reduce Satoshi´s team down to Hiko...
    But my favourite´s of Satoshi´s team got pretty good screentime anyway, even when they were loosing so I won´t complain. The battles in general were very intense, especially in part 2.

Monferno is awesome and I can´t wait to see more of it. One of my favourite scenes? when it punched the air into Shinji´s face after evolving. Great! ^-^

I´m really looking forward to the league now.

btw, the TeddiUrsa-line is one of the most awesomerichst line in Pokémon history and you know it! I´m gonna tear EVERYTHING apart when I evolve! I SWEAR IT! ROOOAAAR!

Oh...uhm...tut mir leid...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

I'm So Upset That Ash Lost 6-2 To Paul, If I Lost I Would Have Punched Paul In The Face.

Quote Originally Posted by d36 View Post
    I'm So Upset That Ash Lost 6-2 To Paul, If I Lost I Would Have Punched Paul In The Face.
    Good way to get yourself banned from future Pokemon events.

Ash losing, While not that surprising, Was a little disappointing. Would've like it better ending in a tie. Atleast we got to see Monferno in action.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Ash losing, While not that surprising, Was a little disappointing. Would've like it better ending in a tie. Atleast we got to see Monferno in action.
    A tie would've been bad for the story.

Quote Originally Posted by d36 View Post
    That's Horrible You Should Say That!.
    Engaging a trainer in physical combat is not allowed. It shows bad sportsmanship. You'd be banned for being violent after your losses.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast