Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Only Runs

Default Only Runs

Now, I hope you know what an only run is, but if you don't, then I'll enlighten you. An only run is when you beat your game with only one Pokemon. You can also have some HM slaves, but they are not allowed to fight, with the exception of double battles. Now, here is where you brag about having beaten the game with one Pokemon, talk about your progress in this, or just request a good Pokemon to beat the game with.

For example; I am going to beat Pokemon Diamond with a Budew. I did it before, but I restarted the save file, and I cheated a bit, soo yeah. Also, by the way, this section is only for fourth generation only runs. So, have fun!

By the way.. it's really easy to beat the game with a fully evolved starter.. but try something difficult! Maybe a Bibarel, or a Starly? Perhaps even a Kricketot!

i havent done it but i am gonna try it with chimchar

Chimchar sounds interesting, I wish you good luck! Which game?

Right now, I'm powertraining Nubble the Budew. She's of the Relaxed nature, which is pretty good; Budew needs all the defense it can get.

I did a run through with the Abra you can trade for named Kazza. I assume you can evolve.

It was Lv. 80 when the E4 was over.

Evolving makes it pointless, really; it's just as easy to beat the game with an Alakazam as it is with an Infernape, or a Empoleon. Doing something with poor stats makes it a good challenge, which is the whole point of the thing, anyway.

Yup, I beat my Pearl using only a Bonsly once.
    No siggy. ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Miror B. View Post
    Yup, I beat my Pearl using only a Bonsly once.
    Now that's what I'm talking about.

My friend beat the Diamond game with a Buizel I believe he got it up to lvl 96 or something :P
    Name: Mattyz

FC: 2750 8599 9031

Quote Originally Posted by BynineB View Post
    Evolving makes it pointless, really; it's just as easy to beat the game with an Alakazam as it is with an Infernape, or a Empoleon. Doing something with poor stats makes it a good challenge, which is the whole point of the thing, anyway.
    Okay just asking. I think I will go play through with just a clampearl.

Perhaps even a Kricketot!
    Oh God. Now I want to try this. I did an only run with Kricketune once. Swords Dance and X-Scissor were my saving grace.
    But, Perish Song was my trump card in the gyms. (use on last pokemon since you'll have HM slaves)
    Even though it's fully evolved, Kricketune works like a NFE. Bad stats for the majority.

I recently did a run with Castform to. THAT was fun. Casty's moveset is great for single pokemon challenges.
    Ice beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball/Water Pulse+Choice specs
    when EV'ed is like having an entire sp.atk-based team in one pokemon! Supercell indeed!
    <--It's been a long time.
    --> How have you been?

This was my idea. >:0

I've considered trying an only run with a Hoppip, that's a little bugger that would make the game challenging.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

I just beat Roark.

Nubble, level 17, Mega Drain/Growth/Water Sport/Stun Spore. :3

Good luck to everyone else.

Wow, I've heard of mono-type challenges, but never only runs. I think I'll give it a go.
    Signature under construction. Thank you and please come again. : D

Its funny, I just beat the E4 on Diamond with a Lv 87 Togepi. It was really hard but also really fun and totally worth it. Metronome is god.

I wanna try with Cranidos. Good attack but horrible defenses would make it challenging. Or maybe a Pichu...I like Dunsparce as well.

I've done this before on both my fire red with a Beedrill, and in emerald with a Dustox. The only real challenge is the beginning up too the third gym, then its just smooth sailing from there.

I may actually do another solo run, but in this generation. Starly's been done before, as well as Shinx and Bidoof, so that leaves little choice for an early pokemon. The choice for me will be Onix on my Pearl.

Wish me luck?
    What? Am I back?

I went with magikarp using only splash. Jk.

I did a poocheyena in pearl and hacked a level 5 shaymin and soloed. It's fun
    Hey there, just having fun playing Pokemon Black.

Mainly looking for charmander.

Quote Originally Posted by BynineB View Post
    Now, I hope you know what an only run is, but if you don't, then I'll enlighten you. An only run is when you beat your game with only one Pokemon. You can also have some HM slaves, but they are not allowed to fight, with the exception of double battles. Now, here is where you brag about having beaten the game with one Pokemon, talk about your progress in this, or just request a good Pokemon to beat the game with.

For example; I am going to beat Pokemon Diamond with a Budew. I did it before, but I restarted the save file, and I cheated a bit, soo yeah. Also, by the way, this section is only for fourth generation only runs. So, have fun!

By the way.. it's really easy to beat the game with a fully evolved starter.. but try something difficult! Maybe a Bibarel, or a Starly? Perhaps even a Kricketot!
    I've already tried that, in 2003 in Sapphire version.

Blaziken was at level 87 by the time I arrived in EverGrande...

I have not tried in DP however...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonphantom View Post
    I wanna try with Cranidos. Good attack but horrible defenses would make it challenging. Or maybe a Pichu...I like Dunsparce as well.
    Its funny you should mention dunsparce since thats what im planning for an Italina file i just got my hands on :P

HAIL THE MIGHTY
    ]

Spoiler:- TRADES OFFER:

I try to avoid evolving my only run Pokemon, I find it challenging using a 1st stage Pokemon. And it's kinda fun too. :P
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

I don't feel like restarting Diamond, as I've already spent forever looking for a good Wooper and am still looking for a good Wooper. (Who btw I guess has potential for an only run, 2 immunities, and only 1 weakness, who can heal mid-battle, and can hold a Grass-weakening berry. It also has Amnesia to give it a decent Sp. Def.) If I get Platinum though, I will try this with a Rivalry-Luxray. He'd be real strong against those his gender, weak against those not, barring Attract.

Crobat would be a doozy. The fossils would be fun, especially packing potions for Rampardos. As well, I could see a No Guard Bulk-Up Machoke doing decently. Golduck would probably be a breeze for it. Wormadam: that may be a good one, somewhat challenging maybe, unassuming Steel Cloak--Ground Cloak may be a moderate path. Now, Pachirisu would be a great one. I could see Floatzel kicking butt, as could many Water types. Cherrim would be interesting. Gastrodon would be easy I guess, especially with egg moves Counter/Mirror Coat. Ambipom could easily kick butt. Drifblim could do well, especially with Unburden for sweeping and Natural Gift being cheap. Lopunny would actually do decent. Mismagius with Will-o-wisp would be too easy. Honchkrow would be easy too. Purugly I think would do surprisingly well. Seaking would be hard due to lacking movepool. Whiscash would be real easy, especially if it packed Spark. Chimecho: there'd be a modest challenge.

Skuntank: easy. Medicham: real easy. Bronzong: easy real early on, due to type; harder later, as attack types become more varied; then, easy, as Bronzong comes. Rapidash: easy. Bonsly, upon reviewing its stats, could do it well enough, as could Mime Jr. (Someone did it already with Bonsly I suppose, so eh.) Clefable could easily do it with Magic Guard and Life Orb. Chatot would be fun. Pikachu would be easily possible, but not so original. Noctowl would probably be easy if the right tutors were involved. Muchlax could do it, and would look great meanwhile. Heh, Unown would be great, as long as it isn't HP Water/Electric/Poison/Fighting/Normal/Psychic/Ghost/Fire/Ground, as there'd be things it couldn't hit, or HP Steel/Grass/Ice/Bug/Rock/Dark as there'd be things it'd take a million years to kill. It'd have to be Dragon or Flying. Riolu could do it, even if it was just a FEAR strat. Shockwave sets Pelipper apart I suppose. Girafirig would be easy as would Hippowdon. Hippopotas itself would be real easy, between Eathquake, Toxic, Endure/Protect, and something for Lucian's Bronzong.

Azumarill could bring some heat. Drapion could too, possibly even Skorupi. Toxicroak, no question, but Croagunk could possibly do it too. Carnivine would probably get screwed over by Lucario, although a Sub-seeder would kick major potookus I guess. Octillery has the odd movepool, easy enough. Lumineon could do it, but it lacks luster: it'd bore me. Tentacruel would be ridiculously easy to do it with should your rival not have an Empoleon--though Tentacruel could match that easily (slowly thoug)h, having great Sp Def. Mantyke could do it easily, especially if it lacks having to fight Empoleon. Snover could maybe do it. Sneasel could definetly do it.

From Platinum's Sinnoh Dex, Gligar could easily do it, Nosepass could maybe do it, Kirlia's evos undoubtedly, Lickitung most certainly, Eevee if used correctly (Adaptability, poisoned, full health at the start of the battle, Facade), to say nothing of its evos, Altaria most likely, Togetic without a doubt, Houndour possibly, Magneton assuredly, Tangela possibly, Tangrowth definetly, Yanma easily, Yanmega even more easily, Tropius if utilizing Natural Gift Fire 80, not Rhydon but yes Rhyperior, Duskull possibly, and definetly Dusknoir or Dusclops, any Porygon, Scizor surely, Scyther maybe, Electabuzz/Magmar and up definetly, Piloswine and up definetly, very littly but possibly Snorunt if built somewhat like Walrein--must utilize Hail and probably must change TMs constantly. Absol, easily, though I may be biased there.

I did this with a Hitmonlee in Yellow, though I didn't really pay it much thought. Anyway, should I get Platinum, I'll be very excited to do this. I might just constantly restart and obtain the legendaries over and over, each time ripping through the game with one pokemon.

I did one with a farfecth'd level 98 after e4 swords dance is a life saver then with poison jab night slash and air slash i just about managed to do it with a couple of full restores and revives. never again though.
    Friend code white version:3396 3531 7210

i haven't actually tried this, but i think i will try it once i finish playing through.
    I no longer have time to do any trades or battle nor will I log on as much, so if you message me, I will get back to you when I next log in, but remember, that may not be for a very long time...! Sorry in advance! ^^;
    I have claimed In the official Claim A Pokemon thread!

Hmm, I wonder if a F.E.A.R. rattata would work for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Narutopokedude View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if a F.E.A.R. rattata would work for this.
    That is plausible, but not efficient. That would be funny though. I think a Haunter would be interesting.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast